Micro 545 | Slavic Music Mafia | Endgame

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Tere
Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:21 am

Post by Tere »

I'm making a wall and am at the end of page 4 right now so can people please hold off on hammering the room with Jester and I till I've had a chance to post it? TIA.
Mostly V/LA at weekends. GTKAS - Tere
I am also really too busy to play mafia to the quality level I prefer. I should spectate. If you see me in more than one game tell me off! Also invite me to cool games to spectate. I will bring cupcakes! <3
Tere
Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:18 am

Post by Tere »

OK, so where my head is at on a readthrough:

Spoiler: start to 40 odd
Notty and Espe's exchanges on page 1 look like enthusiastic town trying to figure out how to use the mechanic best for town.
Herrcomb's where he RVS but didn't comment at all on the room discussion despite claiming to have read the thread pinged a bit.
wguerts hammers the room request immediately at 28 which looks protown. I am presuming the town bodyguard claim is just a bit of sarcasm given all town have that role, it's a bit odd otherwise.
the quickhammer of notty and esperoom to 31 also looks natural. I like wguerts' reaction to the multiple rooms, it comes off as natural at
Jester's entry at is fine, protown hammer, looks like he's reading. WTF is with these town bodyguard claims though, lol. Again, writing it off as sarcasm.

Right, so at this point I have strong town leans on wguerts, notty and Espe. Light town lean on Jester. Don't like Herrcomb's entry one little bit.

Spoiler: 40 odd to end of page 4
Less impressed with postie's entry, the oh god what's happening pinged a little as something to say, the RVS? vote on wguerts at is a hedgy vote I don't like, and the vote on Jester at just looks like laying a vote down for the sake of having one down.
Bins' grump at and looks very town - I'd have trouble seeing this coming from scum. Scum would STFU and not break the rule.
Jester's run to looks carefree relaxed town.
Espe's reaction to postie's posting by asking for a room looks very town, as does his drive to help the notty / jester room at
Bins' grumping to also looks v town. I am gathering there is bins / notty baggage?
Really like Espe's post at and his pickup of Herrcomb's entry at
Espe and Bins' 1v1 to looks town.
Really like Jester's .

At the end of page 4 I have town leans on notty, Espe, Bins, wguerts, the_Jester. Scum leans on Herrcombs and Postie. Apricity hasn't posted yet.

Spoiler: page 5 and 6
I think Espe's misread of how the bodyguards work is much more likely to come from town than scum at .
Herrcomb's comes across as really awkward and scummy to me. Ditto , which I liked when I first read the thread but don't anywhere near as much on a reread.
Postie's get a room at made me laugh and works as protown in the context of the thread. Slight town points for that I think.
Apricity's entry at is sort of meh. I guess in part because I don't really get the townread on Postie, that sorta feels plucked out of the air. Why her and not other people?
wguerts feels natural and his reasoning's congruent with mine at so townpoints.
Notty's reads list at and doesn't include Herrcombs, which I think he could have started talking about at that point? His scumread of Espe also looks v weak. Not loving this.
Postie's looks better. feels a bit awkward though and I'm less of a fan of it.
Apricity's follow up posts could be lost town. Hard to tell. Note to self, game in is the scum game mentioned in the hood.
I like postie's idea that everyone should summarise their room with notty in

At end of page 6. Bins, Espe still town. Wguerts needs to come back but is probtown. The Jester is probtown. Postie is looking better. Notty is looking slightly worse. Apricity is still null. Herrcombs is still scummy.

Spoiler: 6 to post
Apricity's town game link at looks decent. (note I should read both these games).
Postie's roomhammer at is helpful IMO.
I hate that herrcombs feels he has to state he's been inactive sitewide in his prodge at
by wguerts looks like lost town.
Postie's could be town. wguerts and Apricity's reactions to it look town. looks OK too.
I liked Espe's wall at and postie's post at feels OK, too.
Herrcombs' still feels scummy at .
Jester's and feels better on a reread. Sequence to also looks genuine.

So where I am right now: Townreads are

Bins, Esp, The_Jester, Postie, possibly wguerts but he needs to get back in the game.

Apricity is null - there's nothing wrong with what's been posted in our neighbourhood but I've not had much chance to post in it and neither has she. I need to read her again and think about this.
Notty is looking more odd and the disappearance is strange. Not saying anything about the Herrcombs room is also odd and I'd picked out that he'd not included in his reads before the slip was mentioned. The one thing that gives me pause about notty being scum is the aggressive pursuit of the mechanic - I can't see scum doing that if I am honest.

I'd really like to see Herrcombs eat rope.

Vote: Herrcombs

Fixed a broken post tag --P
Last edited by Plotinus on Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am also really too busy to play mafia to the quality level I prefer. I should spectate. If you see me in more than one game tell me off! Also invite me to cool games to spectate. I will bring cupcakes! <3
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:27 am

Post by Plotinus »

Official Vote Count 1.08 Piknik - Krastave žabe

Naježim se kada vidim krastave žabe
Skaču mi po dvorištu
Idu mi ne živce
Jedna mi se sakrila u klompu, čoveče
Umalo da me strefi, imfarkt jebote
I shudder when I see toads
They jump at me in the yard
They get on my nerves
One hid herself into my clogs, man
Almost gave me a fucking heart attack

lynching
With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

:!:
Espeonage
(L-3): Bins, notscience
notscience
(L-3): Postie, Espeonage
Postie
(L-4): wgeurts
herrcombs
(L-4): Tere
Apricity
(L-5): herrcombs

Not Voting
(3): Apricity,
Tere
, The_Jester, herrcombs

get a room
It takes 3 votes to get a room.

The_Jester and Tere
(R-1): The_Jester, Tere

Not Voting
(7): Bins, wgeurts, notscience, The_Jester, Espeonage, Tere, Apricity, Postie, herrcombs

Post restrictions
Spoiler: 1 current post restriction(s): (may not talk to or about each other in public, may vote and unvote normally)
Apricity and herrcombs (expired on 2015-11-04 07:15:00)

Spoiler: Infractions
Bins [1/3]

Deadline: (expired on 2015-11-11 19:00:00).

Let me know if there are any problems with the VC, or if you have music genre requests (rap, pop, ballads, folk, sad, happy, angry, gay, purple, a specific country, etc. I've got about 77 bands lined up to choose from!)

Mod notes: I’m using dice tags to pick which song so don’t read anything into it.
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
Tere
Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:28 am

Post by Tere »

Also, this I think is the definitive list of who has rooms, with who voted for them and when the hammer fell. I'm keeping a list in my spreadsheet. Let me know if I have forgotten anyone, but I don't think I have.

Notscience and Bins (notsci, Espe, wguerts)
Notscience and Espeonage (Espe, notsci, wguerts)
Notscience and wguerts (notsci, wguerts, espe)
Notscience and postie (notsci, espe, wguerts)
Notscience and herrcombs (espe wguerts The Jester)
Espe and postie (espe, postie, notsci)
Notscience and The_Jester (The_Jester, Espeonage, Tere)
Apricity and Tere (Tere, Apricity, Postie)
Apricity and Herrcombs (Herrcombs, Apricity, Tere)
The_Jester
The_Jester
Mafia Scum
The_Jester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:35 am

Post by The_Jester »

^Thank you for that.
Why'd the clown drive over the cup?
He wanted to crack him up!
The_Jester
The_Jester
Mafia Scum
The_Jester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:41 am

Post by The_Jester »

One thing I've instantly picked up upon skimming through your notes, Tere: I think you assign too much towncred to room votes/hammers. I agree it's overall a pro-town attitude to use the mechanic but let's be careful with categorizing people too quickly based on just that.
Tere
Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:55 am

Post by Tere »

I think it's more the initial enthusiasm in the first two pages or so that looked particularly natural. Now given the game meta is pro rooms I think it's less of a tell now. Does that make sense?
The_Jester
The_Jester
Mafia Scum
The_Jester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:03 am

Post by The_Jester »

Yeah I think so.
I'm still not sold on Herr though. I mean, it does feel like he's using excuses excessively but I also acknowledge that people have their own lives. I think his "awkwardness and scumminess" as you've said may come from insecurity and guilt that he's not able to participate in the game actively. I'd really like him to post more as it's mostly assumptions at this point. Gonna ISO him and see if I pick anything up.
herrcombs
herrcombs
Goon
herrcombs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:38 am

Post by herrcombs »

In post 201, Tere wrote:Herrcomb's 26 where he RVS but didn't comment at all on the room discussion despite
claiming to have read the thread
pinged a bit. {snip}... Don't like Herrcomb's entry one little bit.

I never did this. I've explicitly said that I didn't read the thread prior to my entry. Maybe you misread my posts, or are you trying to misrepresent me? I don't understand how you can assign such strong scumpoints to an RVS entry.

Herrcomb's 105 comes across as really awkward and scummy to me. Ditto 112, which I liked when I first read the thread but don't anywhere near as much on a reread.

What about these two posts seem scummy to you? Do you find awkwardness to be alignment indicative? And to what do you take offense in my 112?

And sorry if you don't like that I announced my sitewide inactivity, looks like Jester actually beat me to my own response to that:

In post 207, The_Jester wrote:I think his "awkwardness and scumminess" as you've said may come from insecurity and guilt that he's not able to participate in the game actively

Pretty much this. I'm involved in a few different games at the moment, and I do feel guilty when I can't devote my attention to a game I have signed up for.

I actually don't like Tere's at all. I feel like she's assigning undue value for strange things, especially all the emphasis on who is/isn't participating in room votes, and posting a lot of "I like this post" "this is helpful" "looks decent" just to fill space. And her push on me is terrible -- I have no idea where you came to the conclusion that I'm scum, but I find it bizarre that you just keep linking my posts and saying "feels scummy" without actually saying anything about my content. It began with your misrep of my RVS entry, and it honestly feels like you're just calling me scum for the sake of having a scumread.

VOTE: Tere
Tere
Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:04 am

Post by Tere »

Welp, I won't be moving my vote. Lookit that OMGUS.
Tere
Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:05 am

Post by Tere »

In post 26, herrcombs wrote:Not only did I not get first post, but I didn't even make the first page.

Damn.

VOTE: Apricity

Right, so this post isn't acknowledging that he's read the thread?

Yeah, no.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:07 am

Post by Espeonage »

Ok so OMGUS isn't inherently scummy. The rashness of not checking stuff back and doing the whole waiting/talking thing is what is scummy there.

PEDIT: Truth be told. I can kinda see how it doesn't really belie that he read the game. But by the same token, it does imply that paying attention was at the barest level, happening.

Regardless the reaction to the vote from you is bad.
Don't @ me.
Tere
Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:09 am

Post by Tere »

Herrcombs, hammer that room for The_Jester and myself k thanks.

pedit: yeah, I've been around the block a few and I don't see OMGUS as inherently scummy. That reaction to my vote is just plain terrible though.

Espe, want to hammer that room if Herrcombs doesn't oblige?
herrcombs
herrcombs
Goon
herrcombs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:11 am

Post by herrcombs »

Sure I can give you the room with Jester.

Get a room: Tere/Jester

get a room

The_Jester and Tere
(R-0): The_Jester, Tere, herrcombs
<— ROOM

Not Voting
(6): Bins, wgeurts, notscience, Espeonage, Apricity, Postie
Last edited by Plotinus on Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tere
Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:11 am

Post by Tere »

BTW I practice motivational analysis in the main, and static awkward posts have a very decent correlation with scum. If Herrcombs stops just defending himself and starts participating in the game I may change my mind, but I'm relaxed about him being the Day 1 lynch.
Tere
Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:13 am

Post by Tere »

Notty, what, if anything has Herrcombs posted in your hood?

Same to Apricity?
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:15 am

Post by Espeonage »

Get a room: Tere/Espe
Don't @ me.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:15 am

Post by Espeonage »

However I think we should start easing on the rooms. But I want to chat on objective play.
Don't @ me.
Tere
Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:18 am

Post by Tere »

If you think you're going to lecture me based on join date I am gonna get salty with you, bucko. :P

Get a Room: Tere and Espe
herrcombs
herrcombs
Goon
herrcombs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:19 am

Post by herrcombs »

Lol I have been participating in the game when I've had the time. I have lots more time now, so I will be more active than I have been.

There are still questions of mine that haven't been answered yet. Including the ones I asked you!

So I'll ask again, what specifically about my posts 105 and 112 seemed scummy to you? Is it just the "awkwardness" thing? What changed your mind about my 112?
herrcombs
herrcombs
Goon
herrcombs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:20 am

Post by herrcombs »

In post 186, herrcombs wrote:@ Espe: do you believe ns voted you because of his 180 flip in aggression with respect to discussing the ns/herr PT?
herrcombs
herrcombs
Goon
herrcombs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:21 am

Post by herrcombs »

Room: Tere/Espe

get a room

Espeonage and Tere
(R-0): Espeonage, Tere, herrcombs
<— ROOM

Not Voting
(6): Bins, wgeurts, notscience, Apricity, Postie, The_Jester
Tere
Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:23 am

Post by Tere »

I've seen Bins around on site in games I'm spectating, so I am hoping she has time to come on in here and expound on her notty townread.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:24 am

Post by Espeonage »

In post 220, herrcombs wrote:
In post 186, herrcombs wrote:@ Espe: do you believe ns voted you because of his 180 flip in aggression with respect to discussing the ns/herr PT?

Potentially. However I also think that in the back of my mind, it might have been a clique show of solidarity with Bins.

Other than that, idgi. Or rather I don't get why it stayed. There was a mixup with what he thought my read on bins was, but it was poor wording on my part.
Don't @ me.
Tere
Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:41 am

Post by Tere »

In post 219, herrcombs wrote:Lol I have been participating in the game when I've had the time. I have lots more time now, so I will be more active than I have been.

There are still questions of mine that haven't been answered yet. Including the ones I asked you!

So I'll ask again, what specifically about my posts 105 and 112 seemed scummy to you? Is it just the "awkwardness" thing? What changed your mind about my 112?

Love the scarequotes.

OK.

is terrible. There's been room discussion and you hop in, say nothing, put waffle down to say oh I can't keep up or I've read but actually I've hadn't or whatever the first sentence is (looks like scum looking for something to say to me) and lay a RVS vote down. Really? Really?

is a pile of waffle of "oh I don't really like the idea of hoods" which doesn't strike town to me, plus some not reading and not keeping up excuses. The follow up just looks like more excuses because you realised was weak.

I read really late at night IIRC and didn't mind your last but one sentence, where you corrected Espe's misconception about how many bodyguards can die. That was what I thought protown. On rereading it it just looked like a bunch of soft FOS on espe, who, if you didn't get the memo, I'm townreading right now. Padded out with a bunch of narrative setup spec. This doesn't look like a town motivated post to me.

comes across as incredibly static, more reportage and commentary than desirous of game solving.

is pure defensiveness. Ditto

And that's all the time I'm going to devote to that. I'm not prepared to write motivational analysis 101, there's plenty of info out there on that.

I know you think I'm scummy. I don't give a fuck about that. I would like to know what stances you have on the rest of the players, TIA.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”