Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:10 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 424, Scorpious wrote:Damn,Alch.. Why?

I have to re-read you now.. That post was so uneeded

I think it was needed. They're arguing the same points back and forth and the argument is doing nothing for us anymore.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:00 pm

Post by Garmr »

Can some one explain my point in a way this guy can comprehend
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:22 pm

Post by pistachi0n »

In post 405, Garmr wrote:So yeah I proved you wrong and was waiting to see how you responded before deciding whether to vote you or not.

VOTE: dave

What were you looking for in the response? Whether or not he voted for you?
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:36 pm

Post by Garmr »

Whether or no he would admit his mistake and how he would play it off as something else
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:47 pm

Post by ICEninja »

Davsto wrote:
Surely, then, me playing bad D1 is entirely a null tell?

You being scummy is a scum tell. "I'm bad at day 1" is a null defense.
Garmr wrote:
Wah wah people always scum read me day 1 this is the type scum tell I came across were scum will victimize them self in order to get a town read I call this the feminist tell.

<_<.......>_>.......LMAO

Alright so things have actually happened. This is good. I'll catch up page 17 and 18 tonight.
Town: 14 wins, 14 losses
Scum: 3 wins, 2 losses
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:47 pm

Post by pistachi0n »

What mistake does he have to admit?
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:01 pm

Post by Garmr »

That I don't scum read everyone who opposed the town block
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by pistachi0n »

...And you're voting for him because he misunderstood something you said?
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:24 pm

Post by Garmr »

This is why you frustrate me pista because you don't read shit. No I'm scum reading him because after he changed the initial reasoning slightly to justify his read. But the reasoning he is currently pushing is at best and he knows it.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:25 pm

Post by Garmr »

Best null
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:37 pm

Post by pistachi0n »

I'm trying to get you to clarify. This is a common thing people do when they play mafia.

It was scummy of you to wait until after Davsto voted you to vote for him. You say you proved him wrong, you didn't prove anything. Your townblock stuff is also pretty scummy, it looks to me like you were trying to appear trustworthy and buddy with town players.

VOTE: Garmr
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:47 pm

Post by Garmr »

If I was trying to buddy you I wouldn't be implying your a idiot.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:49 pm

Post by Firebringer »

I am busy for a lot of day be back later to give comments.

Voting Garmr is stupid though, youguys should stop doing that.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:56 pm

Post by pistachi0n »

In post 436, Garmr wrote:If I was trying to buddy you I wouldn't be implying your a idiot.

You're not implying I'm an idiot, you've said it very clearly.
I know you think I'm an idiot.
so you really don't need to say it any more, I get it, thanks. I don't think you're trying to buddy me. I think you were trying to buddy Fire, for one.
Syndesis
Syndesis
Goon
Syndesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:00 pm

Post by Syndesis »

Well. That happened.

I have the impression that Garmrwagon is bad but I'll examine it in detail in a bit.
and yet the flower blooming / both winter and death defies
All Alone
All Alone
Goon
All Alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:53 pm

Post by All Alone »

In post 367, pistachi0n wrote:
In post 314, Garmr wrote:I really don't know if your town or not but why? Why do you do this every game just skim through the content not really read it and place down superficial reads?

Why are those examples of superficial reads? In regards to your whole post and other people's comments: someone asked me what my reads are on two players, and I gave them. All Alone has fewer posts than I do, how is he any better than I am?

In post 370, pistachi0n wrote:
In post 310, Wanderer-nl wrote:Just went over Pistachon's iso and there's indeed hardly anything there. I agree with All Alone on this one

I am again going to point out the irony of this statement, seeing as All Alone is the one player with fewer posts than me.

In post 391, pistachi0n wrote:
In post 375, 3dicerolling wrote:I'm still firm on my pistacion read. It irks me that she is pointing at all alone doing less, when in reality, she has not done much herself. It seems like she is trying to push suspicion on all alone while not actually trying to scum hunt.

I'm not trying to push suspicion on All Alone, I'm trying to push suspicion on everyone who was like "oh yeah all alone is so smart, pistachi0n isn't posting much"

Considering the two suspects I've pushed so far (pistachi0n and Archmage) grew into major wagons shortly after I started pushing them, it'd be pretty absurd to accuse me of barely doing anything today. My postcount isn't all by itself a good reason for anyone to accuse me of that, and in this context it reads like pistachi0n is trying to use my postcount as a reason to deflect attacks on her. A townie who genuinely feels that their play is sufficiently protown would most likely respond to attacks like these by pointing out what exactly they feel is protown about their play. It's unlikely a townie would respond by finding a town criterion they're not the worst at and riding it hard. They tend to have better arguments for their own towniness than that. Scum are much more likely not to.

Additionally, the last quote from pistachi0n rings pretty hollow. She says she's trying to push suspicion on players who've attacked her for not doing enough, but I don't see that anywhere in her play. Wanderer and 3dicerolling are the two players who've attacked her the hardest for that reasoning, and she hasn't pushed suspicion on either one. It reads like she didn't want to give the real reason she's pushing this angle, and made up another reason on the spot.
dear princess celestia, sometimes it can be hard for a shy pony like me to stand up for myself, and when i first tried it, i didn't like the pony i became. but i've learned that standing up for yourself isn't the same as changing who you are. now i know how to put my hoof down without being unpleasant or mean
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:32 pm

Post by pistachi0n »

All Alone, I thought it was a hypocritical argument against me. That's all.
Syndesis
Syndesis
Goon
Syndesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:52 pm

Post by Syndesis »

Boy was this a lot of fun.

I'm probably rehashing points already addressed but this helps me engage.

@
Garmr
(may be easier to just iso yourself)
: Did he say you were scumreading anyone? No. He said you were setting up to do so. Which I agree with. There's also some echoed wording here, mmm. What makes his attack on your townbloc bad/scummy/worse than others? ...Why are you townreading pistachi0n, again? This post is...really quite strongly defensive, I guess, which might actually be townie.
: The existence of an exception doesn't mean he's wrong. Which Davsto promptly pointed out.
: >___> Also, some people do look naturally scummier at certain points in the game. (Do you disagree?)
: Please listen carefully. Just because you aren't scumreading someone doing behavior X doesn't mean that you are not scumreading someone else doing behavior X and wrongfully.
: The thing is, they clearly don't perceive it as neutral.
: No, the point is that you are weakly scumreading people for opposing your townbloc.
: Let me try to explain.

Some person: Townbloc is kind of scummy. [Implicit opposition to the townbloc.]
You: Painting a townbloc as scummy is scummy. [Implicit scumread for opposing the townbloc.]

: That's not his point! -__-

@
Alchemist

: Undecided on alignments but personality clash is clearly a factor.

@
Archmage

: Why?

@
Ice

: If someone always looks objectively scummy in X situation, then are they really subjectively scummy?

@
All Alone

How do you feel about Garmr? The Garmr/Davsto argument?
and yet the flower blooming / both winter and death defies
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:28 pm

Post by ICEninja »

ALRIGHT SO.

Davsto is still scum. He keeps defending that he has slow starts to games, but
this is not why I am voting him
. I am voting him because of his initial vote on me that was given reasons that occurred on page 1, which happened before he claimed to have re-read the game with fresh eyes, "coincidentally" right after I put pressure on him.

His second vote then goes right to the next person voting him.

There isn't much surprise that his 3rd vote goes on Garmr who, surprise surprise, is pressuring Davsto.

He's systematically attempting to discredit everyone who would push a wagon on him. THIS IS SO SCUMMY.

@Syndesis, When Davsto comes in and does all the things I have pointed out above (this post is mostly just rehash of things I've said before) and can only defend himself by saying "no no I suck early game I always do this" I have so say...um...nope, you're scummy this game regardless of how bad you are day 1.

--------

There are a handful of other people that could be scum but I'm about as sure as I can be for day 1 that Davsto is scum. By all means, everyone is welcome to attempt to persuade me that _____ is scum, but chances are the best you'll get is me being willing to vote them after scumflip on Dav.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:52 pm

Post by Davsto »

In post 443, ICEninja wrote:There isn't much surprise that his 3rd vote goes on Garmr who, surprise surprise, is pressuring Davsto.

Garmr didn't start pressuring me until after I voted him (or at least after the post where I was going to vote him but forgot lol).
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:58 pm

Post by ICEninja »

So you claim to have forgotten.

I'd like a response to my case against you. You haven't given one yet besides "but I suck at D1", as that's not my case against you.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:02 pm

Post by Davsto »

1) Yes, it was a coincidence that it happened after you started putting pressure on me. That's when I did the readthrough and borderline did a double-take when I saw that post.
2) Archmage, sure, go ahead.
3) I've already proved that I started scumreading Garmr before he started pressuring me.

If you're accusing me of OMGUS, let me bring up that OMGUS is voting someone literally because they're voting you, yet people use it as an excuse to scumread people who just happen to vote someone who's voting them, whatever the reason.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:10 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 442, Syndesis wrote:
Boy was this a lot of fun.

I'm probably rehashing points already addressed but this helps me engage.

@
Garmr
(may be easier to just iso yourself)
: Did he say you were scumreading anyone? No. He said you were setting up to do so. Which I agree with. There's also some echoed wording here, mmm. What makes his attack on your townbloc bad/scummy/worse than others? ...Why are you townreading pistachi0n, again? This post is...really quite strongly defensive, I guess, which might actually be townie.
: The existence of an exception doesn't mean he's wrong. Which Davsto promptly pointed out.
: >___> Also, some people do look naturally scummier at certain points in the game. (Do you disagree?)
: Please listen carefully. Just because you aren't scumreading someone doing behavior X doesn't mean that you are not scumreading someone else doing behavior X and wrongfully.
: The thing is, they clearly don't perceive it as neutral.
: No, the point is that you are weakly scumreading people for opposing your townbloc.
: Let me try to explain.

Some person: Townbloc is kind of scummy. [Implicit opposition to the townbloc.]
You: Painting a townbloc as scummy is scummy. [Implicit scumread for opposing the townbloc.]

: That's not his point! -__-

@
Alchemist

: Undecided on alignments but personality clash is clearly a factor.

@
Archmage

: Why?

@
Ice

: If someone always looks objectively scummy in X situation, then are they really subjectively scummy?

@
All Alone

How do you feel about Garmr? The Garmr/Davsto argument?

1-the fact he was misrepping me with it making it seem like that all my scum reads were because of that.
2-but does does it matter I found some opposition scummy? There was opposition from people I thought town the way they handled it made it. thus it shows I'm scum reading them for throwing empty opposition which most likely would come from a scum player. The fact they can throw a scum read with out reading any of my other play then discarding it shows scum intention thus scum is guarenteed to oppose the town block i expect at least one.
3 I agree to some extent
4 the thing is no matter what they think a town block is site wide it was accepted as a neutral action before they even heard of mafia.
5. pff my read isn't weak. Since they provide no reasoning outside of that shit the people critising deserve to be looked in to more becuase they seriously aren't giving explanations i think any competent player would want to look behind the reasoning of both sides of the argument and the players pushing it. But scum is probally relaying on town focusing on me since I always draw attention any game i go into.

let me explain

some person: that townblock is scummy
me:why is that town block scummy do you have any other reasoning why I am scum have you even bothered looking at my reads or metaed me so you can get a better look at my motives.
some player:shut up your scummy town blocks are scummy I won't listen to anything you say.
Me: that's not town behaviour you won't reveal reasoning why won't explain motive and dodging it scum.

that's my view point and it puzzles me how no one is smart enough to see it from this angle.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:21 pm

Post by Garmr »

@syd

also players have metad me and also have experience with me and they are saying this is not how scum garmr rolls. Yet the fact is being ignored by others. I feel like this being done intentionally. Once you start peeling back things and look at motive syd those players that you people are brushing me with voting only because they oppose the town block is a facade to discredit any point I make when i have more than just that.

(I also have a mild scum read that doesn't oppose the town block but I'm keeping that concealed to see how they act for a bit.)
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:40 pm

Post by Firebringer »

I am willing to lynch Davsto.
His responses to pressure have been scummy.

VOTE: Davsto
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”