Mafia Scum
Jeanne11
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:51 pm

Post by Jeanne11 »

In post 1174, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 1170, Ranger wrote:
Reasonably Rational wrote:Ranger, for developing a scum read strong enough to mark a player after two meaningless posts were made by that player.
And I refuse to believe you hold this opinion when I've made it clear that where I come from, RVS content is important.

pistachi0n wrote:Ranger, is your marking only useful at the beginning of the day?
Sort-of? The later into the day I use the mark, the less utility there is behind me having marked a player.

Fuck off with your "I refuse to believe" bullshit. Neither of us care one bit about your ego stroking "I'm amazing and can have perfect reads 100% of the time based upon posts which are by definition random, and I told you that I come from a site where RVS content miraculously wins the game for town 100% of the time" bullshit. Self-meta is worthless, and sorry but your reads are so bad it's actually funny. I literally am laughing at how bad your reads and play is so far today.

~Drixx

So let me get this straight. You attack him for that yet you townread wgeurts who does essentially the same thing.....?
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:15 pm

Post by Ranger »

Reasonably Rational wrote:Neither of us care one bit about your ego stroking "I'm amazing and can have perfect reads 100% of the time based upon posts which are by definition random, and I told you that I come from a site where RVS content miraculously wins the game for town 100% of the time" bullshit.
Never once have I said my reads were perfect. I have five scumreads; there can be only three scum in the game. Even if the scum are entirely within the five names, by definition that means I'm wrong on two. Never once have I claimed I was amazing. (I might be
regarded
as one of the better analysts on my home site, but I've never thought of myself that way. I'm just an average player.) I also quite explicitly said that RVS content does not win the game for us. I said in 5/6 games, it's important. Of those games, though, half are mafia wins. (Give or take.) It's no miracle winning strategy.

However, I refuse to let you call the RVS content irrelevant when my style of play is largely based around it. While it may not instantly win the game, it
is
important. It's what I focus on the most, because it's what I've found easiest to find scum in. The way my mind works, I
thrive
on random. Meaning, I pick up on random things...which the RVS is filled with. Does it work all the time, no. But does it work as a valid tactic? Yes.

sorry but your reads are so bad it's actually funny. I literally am laughing at how bad your reads and play is so far today.
We'll see who's laughing at who by the end of the game.

{Elbirn, Suzune, Jeanne, FireKari, Titus}
{pistachi0n, Klingoncelt}
{Reasonably Rational, wgeurts}
{BRantz}
{LicketyQuickety, Blackest Magic}.
This is where I stand right now.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
Jeanne11
Jeanne11
Mafia Scum
Jeanne11
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:25 pm

Post by Jeanne11 »

I think that LQ is also scum, though.
Jeanne11
Jeanne11
Mafia Scum
Jeanne11
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:27 pm

Post by Jeanne11 »

However, long text isn't my style. My nature is to not be very talkative, so if you're judging me as scum on that alone, you'd be wrong.
Jeanne11
Jeanne11
Mafia Scum
Jeanne11
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:30 pm

Post by Jeanne11 »

That last one was a response to Klingon, btw.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:48 am

Post by Reasonably Rational »

In post 1176, Ranger wrote:
Reasonably Rational wrote:Neither of us care one bit about your ego stroking "I'm amazing and can have perfect reads 100% of the time based upon posts which are by definition random, and I told you that I come from a site where RVS content miraculously wins the game for town 100% of the time" bullshit.
Never once have I said my reads were perfect. I have five scumreads; there can be only three scum in the game. Even if the scum are entirely within the five names, by definition that means I'm wrong on two. Never once have I claimed I was amazing. (I might be
regarded
as one of the better analysts on my home site, but I've never thought of myself that way. I'm just an average player.) I also quite explicitly said that RVS content does not win the game for us. I said in 5/6 games, it's important. Of those games, though, half are mafia wins. (Give or take.) It's no miracle winning strategy.

However, I refuse to let you call the RVS content irrelevant when my style of play is largely based around it.
While it may not instantly win the game, it
is
important. It's what I focus on the most, because it's what I've found easiest to find scum in. The way my mind works, I
thrive
on random. Meaning, I pick up on random things...which the RVS is filled with. Does it work all the time, no. But does it work as a valid tactic? Yes.

sorry but your reads are so bad it's actually funny. I literally am laughing at how bad your reads and play is so far today.
We'll see who's laughing at who by the end of the game.

{Elbirn, Suzune, Jeanne, FireKari, Titus}
{pistachi0n, Klingoncelt}
{Reasonably Rational, wgeurts}
{BRantz}
{LicketyQuickety, Blackest Magic}.
This is where I stand right now.

*I* called the RVS content irrelevant on D1. As we get deeper into the game, more meaning can be drawn from everything that happened during D1. Including RVS, if said posts are made from people who are stupid. I'm going to assume you're used to playing with idiots who create clear associatives and intent during what is, essentially, the least meaningful part of the game.

Anyways. You said that marking was bad. You said that explicitly. You said it might *not* be bad, if you didn't use it. Your only defense to your early usage is that you believe it would have given more useful information at that point, than if used later, even though when used later you can analyze what conversations were actively disrupted by your usage of the power.

Reads lists that are lists of names are stupid. I realize you have expressed an opinion on those slots before, with reasons, I'm just saying put the reasons...in the list. It's easy to vomit out a reads list. It's not easy to vomit out a reads list that is consistent with prior play and which accounts for changes in your opinion which may have occurred.

Oh, the Kari point, and the thing about my lack of town reads. Every single person who has done anything which *could* be argued to be town motivated, has done so in a fashion that's left me with the ability to argue, with equal ardor, that it's actually scum motivated. Some people, like Brantz, who don't have any content, but what content they do have is reasonably town, are naturally suspect because of the fact that they don't have content in the first place.

RE: Kari conftowning. They said they could probably(possibly?) conftown on D2. They had already established when they could conftown, HOWEVER, the fact that they didn't simply say they would conftown at such and such time indicates that their method of conftowning is likely subjective. They are not an Innocent Child, they are someone who has a power which they feel has no scum utility, which they can prove, and they believe doing so will confirm them as town, even though simply having a power with no scum utility, gives it the ability to be used to generate town cred.

That is why I asked under what circumstances they wouldn't be able to conftown. They did not phrase their conftown claim in a fashion which inspires confidence, but rather in a way that makes it sound far more like a subjective thing, or one based upon a gambit they will/are going to make.

-Cerb
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
Jeanne11
Jeanne11
Mafia Scum
Jeanne11
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:06 am

Post by Jeanne11 »

And I am the one who assumes things.......?

That post above is one giant assumption.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:14 am

Post by Titus »

@RR, Your rage at Kari's statement looks a lot like my rage at Mastina in Stevens Universe. If she doesn't conftown, we can deal with it then.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Jeanne11
Jeanne11
Mafia Scum
Jeanne11
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:09 am

Post by Jeanne11 »

Plus, he rages that I ask others for objective proof, yet when not given objective proof himself, he also rages. Therefore, unless RR stops raging at me for asking to be given objective proof, he cannot ask for objective proof either.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:09 am

Post by Reasonably Rational »

Jeanne, this is likely the last time this head of the hydra will respond to you, for today at least. The issue with what you're doing isn't the demand for objective proof. The issue is the fact that you seem to be unable to realize that objective proof is not available at this point in the game, and that all objective proof which is later provided WILL NOT, in and of itself, confirm anyone's alignment. There are ALWAYS going to be counterarguments for whether or not a specific set of plays was made by a scum slot or a town slot. The goal is to use the various pieces of objective proof available throughout the game to diminish the probability of certain alignments when applied to specific slots. It's a matter of finding a series of events IMPROBABLE, for various reasons...not a matter of finding out, with absolute certainty, that someone is some alignment. The ONLY time you know someones alignment is when they flip, or if the mod confirms them.

Imagine, for a moment, that alignments are on a sliding scale. 0 is scum, 100 is town. You have been asserting that unless someone is at 100 for you, they are scum to you. That is a problem, because of the above fact that nobody should EVER be at 100 barring mod confirmation. No slot should ever be above 90 or so, simply because WiFoM is a thing, and the people who play this game are smart. Improbable != impossible.

On top of all of the above is the fact that you are drawing parallels between the play of DIFFERENT PEOPLE. You say wgeurts is playing like Shiro. WHO CARES????? Wgeurts is not Shiro. Even if Wgeurts WERE Shiro, the fact that Shiro played in such and such fashion last time DOES NOT mean that this time his play has the same meaning. You are misusing the concept of meta, already a terrible way to judge people(because if you assume competence in other players, you have to assume they are aware of and/or can manipulate their own meta when required) by applying the meta of one person to someone else.

On another note, you also attack me on the basis of what you view as inconsistencies in my response to wgeurts statements, and rangers marking of wgeurts. The primary difference here is that wgeurts *had* content to go off of when he made his statements. He had a readslist, which pointed to actual events and things individuals had said, and his reaction to them and why. Ranger...points to two posts, which are nearly devoid of value, and says they're the reason for his action. It simply doesn't make sense.

With that handled, let me address the "assumptions" made above. I am asserting that the only way said statements made by others make sense to me, is in the event that my assumption is true. If my assumption is not true. I find the other persons statements to be unreasonable conclusions to arrive at. It's as simple as that. I am not saying x is the case if y is the case. i am saying x only MAKES SENSE TO ME if y is the case. If not, please have another go at explaining this to me in a way that will make sense to me.

I'd also like to remind both Titus and Jeanne that there's no rage here.

I hold a subjective opinion that Jeannes methodology for determining alignment and those who she trusts in the game is worthless, therefore her contributions are of negligible value, and thus she should be ignored because she's talking too much for someone who isn't contributing to the thread productively.

With regards to Kari's conftown claim, Titus, that particular situation with Mastin is the exact reason why I'm questioning this conftown claim. it has been my experience that people who say they are going to conftown at such and such point are generally relying upon town's acceptance of their assertions, and not confirmation of some sort from the mod. Thus, they are not "conftowning" themselves. At best, they are obvtowning themselves. It's a semantic quibble, but it's a major one. Someone who conflates conftowning and obvtowning is going to later run into the scenario where, predictably, there will be a group shouting "Kill them, they said they were going to conftown and they aren't!" and another shouting "Leave them alone, if they were scum they wouldn't draw such attention to themselves with a claim they can't hope to back up." This is not a productive circumstance, and one which I wish to avoid by confirming what status Kari claims their slot will attain on D2.

All of this, by the way, ignores the fact that they're claiming they will be conftowning IN PRIVATE, thereby forcing us to wait until we see a flip from those who agree that whatever they revealed does indeed conftown them, and then we need to decide, if they're town, if we trust their judgment enough to assign a conftown tag to someone.

This is directed at Kari: As a matter of fact, if the uncertainty of their conftowning came from their unwillingness to do so to the town at large and not from some uncertainty regarding whether or not their reveal will indeed conftown them, I have to question both the value of mentioning this conftown claim, and where they get the idea that Titus and/or Jeanne are both town(because if there is ANY uncertainty that either one isn't town, you should either not reveal whatever it is you have to reveal, or if it is best for town if you reveal it, you should reveal it to *everyone*.

Titus: I've noticed a willingness to back away from the LQ wagon, which is a slot you've been fairly solid in thinking is scum, and this willingness has come when the wagon has stalled. I wouldn't expect town you to be dissuaded from pushing for a scum reads lynch even if said lynch seemed extremely unlikely to happen, which makes it very surprising to see you do so for a slot which is 3 votes from lynch. Why are you backing off him?

Jeanne: You're welcome to direct questions at me, but I'm not going to be spending any time responding to you. There's too much paranoia in your posting and too much of a martyr attitude for me to draw anything significant with regards to your alignment from your posting, so I'm just not going to engage.

-Cerb
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
Jeanne11
Jeanne11
Mafia Scum
Jeanne11
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:24 am

Post by Jeanne11 »

Then why are you raging that Kari's proof is subjective? There is no objective proof to you, so why rage?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:28 am

Post by Titus »

I'm not backing off of LQ. I still think LQ is fine to lynch. I was thinking you were town, but you're drawing too many parallells here where I'm starting to doubt again. Given the LQ wagon appears to be all town, but none of the people on the wagon are expressly townreading Klingon, I was hoping to work together. Considering you're shitting all over that, I'll just be over here doing me.

Kari's claim is exactly like Mastinas. Both said they were conftown on Day X. Kari's hasn't resolved yet, but this one has all the issues Mastina had. Yet, you were fine with that particular one. You're not now. I'm wondering whether the difference is because of your alignment or because you aren't going to be in the hood confirmed that "confirms" Kari.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Jeanne11
Jeanne11
Mafia Scum
Jeanne11
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:29 am

Post by Jeanne11 »

@RR And why do you view me as scum absolutely, while ignoring any and all possibilities of me being town?!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:29 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1156, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 1152, Titus wrote:

Why are you pushing dichotomies?

If you thought the threadlock thing was scummy, where is the anger? You are fully capable of being pissed with me, ranting at me. You have a certain amount of fire. Where is it?

Why do you feel the way you do?

Why aren't you asking questions that could highlight alignment?

The anger's in the local sewage system. I'm getting over a nasty stomach flu. The fire's in my spine with an arthritis flareup. I don't have the energy to rant.

I am asking the right questions. They're working for me. I'm getting used to being on this side of the looking glass, things will begin to gel for me soon.

You didn't answer my question.

What question have I not answered?

How have your questions revealed anything about alignment?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:30 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1187, Jeanne11 wrote:@RR And why do you view me as scum absolutely, while ignoring any and all possibilities of me being town?!

That's not what he's saying. :shifty:
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Jeanne11
Jeanne11
Mafia Scum
Jeanne11
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:36 am

Post by Jeanne11 »

Oh, and that reminds me, why didn't LQ answer this question?

In post 1022, Jeanne11 wrote:@Why not use our abilities to full extent in order to catch scum?

@LQ Answer this question or I will assume that you're too afraid to answer it because it'll give you away as scum.
Jeanne11
Jeanne11
Mafia Scum
Jeanne11
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:36 am

Post by Jeanne11 »

@Titus He did say that a couple of pages ago, actually.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:46 am

Post by Titus »

No he said you're anti-town and should be vigged.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Jeanne11
Jeanne11
Mafia Scum
Jeanne11
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:58 am

Post by Jeanne11 »

So I am trying to remove LQ, the biggest threat to town and I am anti-town?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:59 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1193, Jeanne11 wrote:So I am trying to remove LQ, the biggest threat to town and I am anti-town?

Your posting stops other people from seeing this. I went over this with you in the hood.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Jeanne11
Jeanne11
Mafia Scum
Jeanne11
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:01 am

Post by Jeanne11 »

I am fed up with this shizz. Either see LQ as scum that he is or I will replace out and proceed to give 0 fuzzies about what happens to you.
Jeanne11
Jeanne11
Mafia Scum
Jeanne11
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:02 am

Post by Jeanne11 »

*sighs* Seriously, I am at my limit. There's only so much bs that a human can take......
Jeanne11
Jeanne11
Mafia Scum
Jeanne11
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:04 am

Post by Jeanne11 »

@Titus I don't see that people are seeing your POV any more than they're seeing mine
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:05 am

Post by Elbirn »

Considering that LQ is clearly today's lynch idk what you're upset about.

Also I'm not feeling klingon scum here, so that counterwagon doesn't really appeal to me.
Jeanne11
Jeanne11
Mafia Scum
Jeanne11
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:09 am

Post by Jeanne11 »

Then why is no one voting him? It's 7 days or so to the deadline. If he were, RR and others would vote him already.

I am starting to think that it's better to replace and have the farm remain operative than to stay and have it destroyed.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”