Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:21 am

Post by Cephrir »

[devilsadvocate]That's true for any town player we lynch, and we are likely to lynch town today since most of the players aren't scum (I think). So why not lynch someone erratic in her voting who will never be helpful to the town? [/devilsadvocate]
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Karen
Karen
Goon
Karen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:23 am

Post by Karen »

Karen wrote:i really love this thread.

since i know i'm a townie, i almost want to be quicklynched, just so the other townies on my bandwagon will feel like idiots.

or newbs.

i do know that there are most likely a huge number of scum on the bandwagon, but there's just that one of two townies that are really dropping the ball, and i just feel sorry for their incompetence.

in a side effort to be helpful, i think i should reemphasize the fact that probably over 50% of my current bandwagon are scum. it's a pretty strong tell to be chasing me so hard with such flimsy evidence, that i think my polarizing play has really helped us out!

i really feel as if i've contributed significantly, and if i die, it will not have been in vain.

in fact, i'm literally patting myself on my back since i'm certain i've done so well.

dang, i'm a dominant townie.

and beautiful too.
i didn't want this gem to be lost at the bottom of page 5!
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:21 pm

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Wikipedia wrote:Sources derive the word werewolf from warg-wolf, where warg (or later werg and wero) is cognate with Old Norse vargr, meaning "rogue," "outlaw," or, euphemistically, "wolf". A Vargulf was the kind of wolf that slaughtered many members of a flock or herd but ate little of the kill. This was a serious problem for herders, who had to somehow destroy the rogue wolf before it destroyed the entire flock or herd. Herders would often hang the wolf's hide in the bedroom of a young infant, believing it to give the baby supernatural powers.The term Warg was used in Old English for this kind of wolf (see J. R. R. Tolkien's book The Hobbit) and for what would now be called a serial killer. Possibly related is the fact that, in Norse society, an outlaw (who could be murdered with no legal repercussions and was forbidden to receive aid) was typically called vargr, or "wolf.
SIXTH VOTECOUNT

Karen
(6) - Flyinghawk , ChocolateAttack , WhoMe? , Twomz , davidangelsummers , thinktank

UltimaAvalon
(2) - UltimaAvalon , Honary Hitchhiker
WhoMe?
(2) - Green Day , Karen
FeRnAnDo
(2) - Kison , Sonicpulsar
Davidangelsummers
(2) - dybeck , curiouskarmadog
Cephrir
(1) - FeRnAnDo
Green Day
(1) - Blight

Not voting
(4):YogurtBandit , SPAG , theopor_COD , Cephrir

Needed for a lynch: 11 votes
Negotiable deadline: 27 days

If by deadline no one has 11 votes player with more votes is lynched
If two players have same number of votes lynch is decided by duel
[i]"Dead Rikimaru is... well, dead. When the lights came back on, he was found turned inside-out, somehow. Disgusting, really. Anyway, he was "Dead Dead Rikimaru" (Self-fulfilling Prophecy)".
-The Scummies 2006 - Red Carpet and Ceremony![/i]
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:22 pm

Post by thinktank »

Karen. I dont think your logic works for your assumptions that theres multiple scum voting for you because it would be not a smart idea for scum to vote together, infact it would completely defy the laws of logic because it would be easy for anyone to see later on the possible alliance between many people based on voting strategies. Therefore bby this logic scum will not vote together nor will they vote completly oppositely. and whats with the self sacrifice gambit? it either proves that your either quite incredible at this game to be able to pull something so extreme off or it proves something insulting which i wont go into. Please dont do the gambit, because if you are a townie then obvsly its never good to kill townies. I think there are other ways of debate besides extremism.
Green Day
Green Day
Townie
Green Day
Townie
Townie

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:35 pm

Post by Green Day »

Cephir wrote:
[devilsadvocate]That's true for any town player we lynch, and we are likely to lynch town today since most of the players aren't scum (I think). So why not lynch someone erratic in her voting who will never be helpful to the town? [/devilsadvocate]
The reason we don't want to lynch an innocent is that the scum will be closer to winning after they've got rid of her. Even if she may be unhelpful at the moment, all townies are worth keeping, obviously.
thinktank wrote:
Karen. I dont think your logic works for your assumptions that theres multiple scum voting for you because it would be not a smart idea for scum to vote together, infact it would completely defy the laws of logic because it would be easy for anyone to see later on the possible alliance between many people based on voting strategies. Therefore bby this logic scum will not vote together nor will they vote completly oppositely. and whats with the self sacrifice gambit? it either proves that your either quite incredible at this game to be able to pull something so extreme off or it proves something insulting which i wont go into. Please dont do the gambit, because if you are a townie then obvsly its never good to kill townies. I think there are other ways of debate besides extremism.
Look, there are two teams of scum. They won't know who each other are. There is bound to be scum voting against Karen. They want to quicklynch and get rid of her fast. We need to watch who is voting against Karen, even if Karen is a scum, there will be scum from the other side voting against her. Most definately. FOS: Everyone voting Karen, and possibly Karen too (because of all her scummy behaviour).
Jesus Christ rules!
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:42 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I realize that offing an innocent is bad, but we have no guarantee than Karen is innocent, in fact, she's just as likely to be scum as any of us, and if we have to lynch someone it may as well be her.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Green Day
Green Day
Townie
Green Day
Townie
Townie

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:13 pm

Post by Green Day »

Okay well said. I agree with you partly there. But before getting rid of her straight away, I think it would be good if we waited a while and investigated other people too. Before we make a quick and potentially stupid decision. And also like I said before, There is bound to be scum from at least one side voting against her, so it would be good to monitor those people.
Jesus Christ rules!
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:22 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

thinktank wrote:Karen. I dont think your logic works for your assumptions that theres multiple scum voting for you because it would be not a smart idea for scum to vote together, infact it would completely defy the laws of logic because it would be easy for anyone to see later on the possible alliance between many people based on voting strategies. Therefore bby this logic scum will not vote together nor will they vote completly oppositely. and whats with the self sacrifice gambit? it either proves that your either quite incredible at this game to be able to pull something so extreme off or it proves something insulting which i wont go into. Please dont do the gambit, because if you are a townie then obvsly its never good to kill townies. I think there are other ways of debate besides extremism.
and where is your vote? Why is it there?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:24 pm

Cephrir wrote:I realize that offing an innocent is bad, but we have no guarantee than Karen is innocent, in fact, she's just as likely to be scum as any of us, and if we have to lynch someone it may as well be her.
I dont buy it...our first day lynch should not be this easy...you dont find some of the votes on here...well, strange?...weak excuse? and explanations that paint her has bad town, not scum?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
ChocolateAttack
ChocolateAttack
Goon
ChocolateAttack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:10 pm

Post by ChocolateAttack »

curiouskarmadog wrote:I dont buy it...our first day lynch should not be this easy...you dont find some of the votes on here...well, strange?...weak excuse? and explanations that paint her has bad town, not scum?
How is it seem to you if someone come up, claim to be town and damn persistent about it but doensn't give anything concrete reason or convincing logic but rather bashing at everybody who voted for her? Also, do u think Karen posts really helping town?
Flyinghawk
Flyinghawk
Goon
Flyinghawk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:53 pm

Post by Flyinghawk »

Green Day wrote:Okay well said. I agree with you partly there. But before getting rid of her straight away, I think it would be good if we waited a while and investigated other people too. Before we make a quick and potentially stupid decision. And also like I said before, There is bound to be scum from at least one side voting against her, so it would be good to monitor those people.
who would you suggest we investigate, if not her. While, potentially, Karen may not be scum, right now shes scummier than anyone else in the game. So, even with her obnoxiously overzealous defense of herself, and her accusation that the people who are voting for her are scum(illogical), my vote stays on her until someone can make a case that says someone else is scummier than karen.
Green Day
Green Day
Townie
Green Day
Townie
Townie

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:51 pm

Post by Green Day »

Flyinghawk
Green Day wrote:
Okay well said. I agree with you partly there. But before getting rid of her straight away, I think it would be good if we waited a while and investigated other people too. Before we make a quick and potentially stupid decision. And also like I said before, There is bound to be scum from at least one side voting against her, so it would be good to monitor those people.

who would you suggest we investigate, if not her. While, potentially, Karen may not be scum, right now shes scummier than anyone else in the game. So, even with her obnoxiously overzealous defense of herself, and her accusation that the people who are voting for her are scum(illogical), my vote stays on her until someone can make a case that says someone else is scummier than karen.
I fully agree with you there. Karen has by far been the scummiest person. I just reckon to watch
everyone voting for her
as well. I know about half of them would be townies, there is certainly going to be one or two scum voting for her at the moment out of about 7 votes on her.
Jesus Christ rules!
davidangelsummers
davidangelsummers
It's a Norwegian thing
davidangelsummers
It's a Norwegian thing
It's a Norwegian thing

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:35 pm

Post by davidangelsummers »

curiouskarmadog wrote:ummm, anyone think this Karen lynch is too easy? Seems like there is a rush of voting, pushing, and bandwagoning and someone who appears to be a newbie. By my count she is at 7 votes (or -4 to lynch). WIth between 4-6 scum (2 teams of three or 2 teams of two?) This lynch will happen quickly and Day 1 will be over....Do you really want Day 1 over so fast?

unvote spag
vote davidangelsummers

I understand everyone else's vote (maybe not green day's) on Karen, but the reasons you provide are weak at best. You are voting for her because she is voting for herself..How does that help mafia? If you are voting for her and she comes up scum, does that mean you are “scum or just plain bad at this?”
If you are such a pro at this game, you know a quick Day 1 does not help us.
If anyone reads this post, it sounds like he already knows Karen is town. Huge Scum tell in this post town.

[/quote]nching
Way off being a pro, but if karen is town then she should want town to win,right? " If shes town and gets lynched then that helps mafia, right? ....if im missing something then please fill me in
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:45 am

Post by dybeck »

Flyinghawk wrote:
Green Day wrote:Okay well said. I agree with you partly there. But before getting rid of her straight away, I think it would be good if we waited a while and investigated other people too. Before we make a quick and potentially stupid decision. And also like I said before, There is bound to be scum from at least one side voting against her, so it would be good to monitor those people.
How ironic that this post is itself scummier than anything Karen's said all game. Getting pissed about the fact that there's a baseless bandwagon on you is NORMAL. I'd be pissed if too if I were Karen.

unvote, vote: Flyinghawk
Eeny. Meeny. Miney. Vote.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:03 am

Post by Cephrir »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
Cephrir wrote:I realize that offing an innocent is bad, but we have no guarantee than Karen is innocent, in fact, she's just as likely to be scum as any of us, and if we have to lynch someone it may as well be her.
I dont buy it...our first day lynch should not be this easy...you dont find some of the votes on here...well, strange?...weak excuse? and explanations that paint her has bad town, not scum?
I wouldn't say they're weak excuses, they're actually perfectly good excuses. We can't let Karen coast to endgame, she'd just kill us there. The fact that she hasn't been lynched already makes me think there's a good chance she's scum.
dybeck wrote:How ironic that this post is itself scummier than anything Karen's said all game. Getting pissed about the fact that there's a baseless bandwagon on you is NORMAL. I'd be pissed if too if I were Karen.

unvote, vote: Flyinghawk
Yeah, but there's a reason why Karen is being wagoned. You, as a somewhat experienced player, would not behave so erratically that you attract all those votes.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:56 am

Post by Kison »

Cephrir wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:
I wouldn't say they're weak excuses, they're actually perfectly good excuses. We can't let Karen coast to endgame, she'd just kill us there. The fact that she hasn't been lynched already makes me think there's a good chance she's scum.
Unvote

Vote : Cephir

Are you _kidding_ me? It is page
six
, and you are more certain that Karen is scum because
she has not been lynched???
Personally, I am getting more of the frustrated townie vibes than pure scum vibes from her. But hey, let's go and lynch anyone who becomes frustrated.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:20 am

ChocolateAttack wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:I dont buy it...our first day lynch should not be this easy...you dont find some of the votes on here...well, strange?...weak excuse? and explanations that paint her has bad town, not scum?
How is it seem to you if someone come up, claim to be town and damn persistent about it but doensn't give anything concrete reason or convincing logic but rather bashing at everybody who voted for her? Also, do u think Karen posts really helping town?
helping the town and being scum are two different things. Are your posts helping the town?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:32 am

davidangelsummers wrote:
Way off being a pro, but if karen is town then she should want town to win,right? " If shes town and gets lynched then that helps mafia, right? ....if im missing something then please fill me in
Everyone wants to see a better case for scum day 1(other than Karen)?...here it is. First his vote against Karen.
davidangelsummers wrote:Karen,If your town, how do you really think voteing yourself is going to help? Your scum or just plain bad at this...Say your proved right, will anyone respect you? No, thier just think you played badly and the scum will be rubbing thier hands in glee.
VOTE KAREN
Which pains me cuz your Avatar will be missed...
This post almost acts like he knows that Karen is town. He doesn’t even actually put a case forward against Karen. He just states that the mafia will be “rubbing their hands with glee” at her death. Why is that? Because maybe she is a town? She might be acting like the village idiot (VI), but she is could still be town.

Someone asked, if Karen’s posts are helping the town. Yeah, I now think they are. She is an easy lynch. Just looks at everyone voting for her (like David) that doesn’t give a reason and just wants Day 1 over. Ask yourself town, who would like Day 1 over fast. Now look at David's most recent post..

“" If shes town and gets lynched then that helps mafia, right? ....if im missing something then please fill me in”

She is going to get lynched because people like you…Why are you voting for the easiest lynch here to push? I think you are scum. You still never address why you want to have a quick Day 1….All you do is say if Karen gets lynched, she is helping the mafia?..How is she helping the mafia?..because she is town?…I hope everyone see this for what it is..crap logic, being spun by someone who REALLY IS acting like scum.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:46 am

Post by dybeck »

Cephrir wrote:there's a reason why Karen is being wagoned.
I'm not entirely sure this is true!
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:05 am

Post by thinktank »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
thinktank wrote:Karen. I dont think your logic works for your assumptions that theres multiple scum voting for you because it would be not a smart idea for scum to vote together, infact it would completely defy the laws of logic because it would be easy for anyone to see later on the possible alliance between many people based on voting strategies. Therefore bby this logic scum will not vote together nor will they vote completly oppositely. and whats with the self sacrifice gambit? it either proves that your either quite incredible at this game to be able to pull something so extreme off or it proves something insulting which i wont go into. Please dont do the gambit, because if you are a townie then obvsly its never good to kill townies. I think there are other ways of debate besides extremism.
and where is your vote? Why is it there?
I voted her because of her illogical accusations, random gambits and continued play style which just does not resonate well with me, regardless of X people wagoning her. Having said that:

unvote

I agree with kison's post. While Karen's actions are erratic and frustrated i see that its more important to specifically see who is voting for her. More specifically, Cephrir who is trying to speed lynch Karen and speed lynching is never good for the town as it ends in getting townies killed. Cephrir's rushed actions make me suspicious.

vote:Cephrir
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:30 am

Post by Cephrir »

See my post at the top of the page? See the "[devilsadvocate]" tags? This whole argument has not actually my opinion, I'm just getting the different sides out there. If I actually wanted to lynch Karen, I would be
voting for her
Bartleby the Scrivener
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:36 am

Post by dybeck »

Sitting on the fence spouting arguments you don't believe in Is Not Helpful.

Particularly when they're total garbage.
Flyinghawk
Flyinghawk
Goon
Flyinghawk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:51 am

Post by Flyinghawk »

Dybeck:

It is utterly ridiculous to say that my statement was "scummier than anything Karen has said all game" when I was defending my vote of her because I voted for her before the bandwagon started. Next you say theres a baseless bandwagon on Karen, which is even more ridiculous because theres a good 3 pages of people saying nothing but reasons to vote karen.
FOS: Dybeck

Also, Cephrir is the person who I would say is the second scummiest person right now. If someone can state a good reason for a Cephrir vote over a Karen, I'd consider a change.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:53 am

Post by Cephrir »

Kison wrote:
Cephrir wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:
Unvote

Vote : Cephir

Are you _kidding_ me? It is page
six
, and you are more certain that Karen is scum because
she has not been lynched???
Personally, I am getting more of the frustrated townie vibes than pure scum vibes from her. But hey, let's go and lynch anyone who becomes frustrated.
Actually, since there are a lot of fairly new players in this game, I really am surprised there isn't a bigger wagon on her.
ChocolateAttack
ChocolateAttack
Goon
ChocolateAttack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:15 am

Post by ChocolateAttack »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
ChocolateAttack wrote:
helping the town and being scum are two different things. Are your posts helping the town?
Yes! i think that by claiming town, Karen can really be scum and im voting her off.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”