Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:44 pm

Post by Kilgamayan »

Sorry for the disappearance, my body and mind more or less crashed yesterday evening and I got distracted by sweatymandrama and handegg tonight. (Sorry about the Bengals, Bork.)

Muffin: Can you detail why you'd vote ffery('s slot) over Bork at this point? I find it a little disquieting that you'd spend so much of the day running Bork up only to veer off toward the empty slot at the end of the day. Particular since I can't see a clear reason for that mindset in what you've said so far:

In post 712, zMuffinMan wrote:i didn't really like bork's recent catch-up, but i'm not sure how comfortable i'd be with lynching him D1. i suppose the biggest issues i have with him atm is that, even with the reads list he gave, i'm not really sure how he arrived at those reads and that i'm not really seeing any sort of game-solving so much as questions that feel rather shallow (or easy to ask). i also don't really like the whole "try it" thing with regards to noddy, mostly because with a 4x voter expressing willingness to vote him and noddy with his goon squad behind him, it wouldn't actually be all that difficult to make his lynch happen - that sort of grandstanding felt a bit like false bravado in an attempt to come off as sort of indifferent-antipathetic town or something

In post 713, zMuffinMan wrote:that said, a chocola town flip would be pretty turd, which is the only reason i'm a little hesitant

In post 753, zMuffinMan wrote:i don't even really think bork is a bad lynch, i would just feel meh if he flipped town (doubly so if chocola is scum)

The first quote offers hesitation with no explanation, and the second and third seem to be more or less the same opinion of both slots.

---

In post 829, fferyllt wrote:
@Kilgamayan have we played together before? Your avatar looks familiar (probably because GiF) but I don't think we have.

You were in Touhou Upick 3 very briefly, as I recall? I don't think you showed up until after I died, though, and it's the only game other than this one I've ever played at this site.

In post 831, Feysal wrote:
In post 787, Kilgamayan wrote:Feysal: I'm afraid I still can't see what you mean. Can you cite specific examples in links to posts?

I'm not quite sure what you want examples of. If you mean Bork questioning me for projecting my thoughts on his play, there are posts , and .

I'm mostly looking for something related to "his approach to reading me". I thought it was something other than what you're linking to there, but maybe I'm wrong? If it actually is, though, I think it would kind of silly to publicly admit how one approaches a certain user when one is scum and then turn around and apply that exact same strategy in another game soon after, because obviously it's going to be fresh in said user's mind.

In post 837, fferyllt wrote:Kilgamayan,

You seemed to want Chocola replaced pretty badly rather than modkilled. Why?

Empty slots are lame, modkills are lame. Replacements aren't optimal but they're vastly superior to the other two things, and the issues are largely muted by being an early-game replacement.
Well, this game happened.
~ Edible
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:50 pm

Post by FakeGod »

VoteCount 1.14

• notscience [
    ] - thdgkdms
  • pieguyn [
    ] -
  • Sakura Hana [0] -
  • zMuffinMan [
    ] -
  • Shadoweh [1] - Sakura Hana
  • Sky_Paladin [0] -
  • The_Relentless [2] - Katsuki, Sky_Paladin
  • GuyInFreezer [0] -
  • SXTLHGaiden [0] -
  • Katsuki [0] -
  • Kagami [0] -
  • Feysal [3] - Kilgamayan, The_Relentless, borkjerfkin
  • borkjerfkin [2] - notscience, Feysal
  • thdgkdms [0] -
  • Kilgamayan [
    ] -
  • fferyllt [2] - pieguyn, GuyInFreezer

Not Voting [5]
- Shadoweh, zMuffinMan, SXTLHGaiden, fferyllt, Kagami

With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch

Deadline is November 19, 2015, at 2 PM PST.
Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2015-11-19 16:00:00)

Notes:
  • You cannot target Katsuki with spellcards in this Day Phase, unless your vote is on Katsuki.
  • The main thread will remain open in the coming Night Phase.
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Send me a PM if you want to replace in!
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:21 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 900, Kilgamayan wrote:
In post 829, fferyllt wrote:
@Kilgamayan have we played together before? Your avatar looks familiar (probably because GiF) but I don't think we have.

You were in Touhou Upick 3 very briefly, as I recall? I don't think you showed up until after I died, though, and it's the only game other than this one I've ever played at this site.

That probably explains it. You were the first person to refer to me specifically in the game thread, and you said "ffery" instead of "fferyllt". Which isn't super surprising since half the site calls me ffery, but it caught my eye because I couldn't remember playing with you.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:47 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 900, Kilgamayan wrote:Muffin: Can you detail why you'd vote ffery('s slot) over Bork at this point?

Well I have been explicitly avoiding mentioning who I currently want to lynch since ffery replaced in so you're confusing things somewhere

If your question is simply, "why, with all the things you said about borkypoo, did you want to lynch Chocola?" then the answer is simply risk-reward. I'm fine with leaving Bork alive until I am more confident about the read and I would feel slightly bad about lynching him if he happens to be town because I don't think he's that bad a town player. In the mean time, I was fine with lynching Chocola, who I also thought was likely scum but wouldn't feel even an ounce of remorse if I happened to be wrong
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:49 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

I would also be fine with lynching gaiden for the same reasons as chocola fwiw, but with most of the goon squad saying they didn't support it, chocola was the sensible option
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:00 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

Actually I've been explicitly avoiding discussing a few things since ffery replaced in

One such thing is ffery's claim, what it means about her alignment (if anything), in terms of both the role itself and whether the fact she openly claimed it means anything. I am disappointed no one else thought it was an interesting discussion point (unless I missed it somewhere in my skimming)
SXTLHGaiden
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:01 pm

Post by SXTLHGaiden »

lol
goon squad?
who that be?
You're not going to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. S*Gaiden will not make long cases, write stunning insights, or sugar coat his words. He is not the man for multi-paragraph eloquence. He is, however, being honest to a fault, and it comes across in his writing.
- GreyICE
it can help the game for people to be aware that L-1 is L-Gaiden
- popsofctown
SXTLHGaiden
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:04 pm

Post by SXTLHGaiden »

anyway, i'm here for the next hour.
if anyone has anything to ask, ask away
You're not going to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. S*Gaiden will not make long cases, write stunning insights, or sugar coat his words. He is not the man for multi-paragraph eloquence. He is, however, being honest to a fault, and it comes across in his writing.
- GreyICE
- popsofctown
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:05 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

who's scum
SXTLHGaiden
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:06 pm

Post by SXTLHGaiden »

dunno
i can tell you i want ns dead though
- GreyICE
- popsofctown
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:08 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

Y
SXTLHGaiden
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:08 pm

Post by SXTLHGaiden »

he exists.
i'm learning not to fight this impulse anymore
- GreyICE
- popsofctown
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:11 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

do you literally have no opinions on anything that's happened in the past 48 hours?
SXTLHGaiden
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:12 pm

Post by SXTLHGaiden »

do i ever have opinions?
- GreyICE
- popsofctown
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:13 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

Yes

Do you have no questions for anyone, either?
SXTLHGaiden
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:15 pm

Post by SXTLHGaiden »

none i want to publicly ask.
so... i have this idea.
i've had it for a while.
i bet you've thought of this already too
- GreyICE
- popsofctown
SXTLHGaiden
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:16 pm

Post by SXTLHGaiden »

honestly, something has been bothering me about what kagami said concerning the distribution of day cards
- GreyICE
- popsofctown
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:18 pm

Post by notscience »

We are happy happy funland compatriots dammit
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:18 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

Is there a reason you're not forthcoming about these "ideas" and "concerns"
SXTLHGaiden
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:20 pm

Post by SXTLHGaiden »

Let me be properly paranoid of you dammit.
i've lost games ignoring you before and i won't let it happen again!
i think i'm just never going to stop being paranoid anymore.
except sakura. i can never see her as scum

pedit: not really. i just want to be all secretive
- GreyICE
- popsofctown
SXTLHGaiden
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:21 pm

Post by SXTLHGaiden »

well, i guess it concerns my spellcards which is why i don't want to out everything upfront.
but i guess if you want i can share.
i'm in a giving mood right now
- GreyICE
- popsofctown
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:24 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

you can share whatever you'd like to share

mafiascum is a free country
SXTLHGaiden
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:29 pm

Post by SXTLHGaiden »

fuck yeah, freedom
anyway, so you know how you can recharge your gladiate?
i also have a way to recharge cards of mine.
which has me thinking, scum probably have methods of getting cards back.
i think no one's mentioned this before and if they have, well i'm an idiot.
what had me concerned about kagami's post is that i don't think that the distribution of scum cards would be very different if they can, in fact, get back lost cards.
thoughts?
- GreyICE
- popsofctown
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:31 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

how does that translate to a concern about kagami and why did you not allude to a concern about kagami until just now
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:33 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

I don't care much for trying to guess the distribution of the number of cards when it probably has no bearing on anything by itself, regardless of whether or not scum can reuse cards

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”