Micro 547: Searching For Dragons (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:53 am

Post by Firebringer »

You would probably catch more scum, but really the entertainment value in this game would be at least cut in half.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:53 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 296, Persivul wrote:
Play it out if you like. I'm confident that everyone who saw that understood the point.

When/if I flip, you are just making it so you will be on the chopping block instead of CN. You seriously need to sit down and think harder about why I do what I do.

In post 294, Persivul wrote:
I read it twice before the post. Chaotic is your first choice for lynch, but if deadline forces it, I'm your next choice. So, I'm your second scummiest read, but you claimed a few posts earlier that you read me as town, and then repeated it later. Scum make slips like this because they have a harder time keeping track of their reads because their reads aren't real - they already know the answers.

Actually, you're completely wrong! I will compromise on anyone in that second group, because a lynch is better than no lynch. I don't really have a solid second choice at the moment,
which is exactly why I want more activity before we go off making a quickwagon

In post 294, Persivul wrote:
Oh, now I get it. Out of 8 people you have 6 town reads, 1 null, and 1 scum read. I'm your second choice for lynch because I'm a town read, but in the "wouldn't-be-surprised-if-there's-a-scum-in-there group" so heck why not. :giggle:

That's an I-don't-want-to-piss-people-off reads list and is something bad scum do.

I frankly don't give a fuck about pissing people off, I'm making honest reads. Again, you're not my second choice, you're one in a pool of 3 people I have deemed not-ideal, but acceptable lynches (ignoring the null slot).

It's going to be hilarious watching you backpedal from calling me bad scum.

I would also like you to explain what exactly I have done in this game in such stark contrast to my completed town games, that you are confident that I am scum. Specific posts, tangible points about what is unique about my towngame. Your case is literally simply "meta", which is shit to begin with, and completely unsubstantiated.

In post 294, Persivul wrote:Why do you want to lynch a probtown over a null? (Hint: there is an answer, just want to see if you come up with it.)

Activity is not indicative of alignment. Foxxx lynch, at this point in time, is completely worthless as it gives us no associative information and has in my view, completely random (2/8) chance of hitting scum.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:56 am

Post by Firebringer »

My top scum reads right now:

Vedith
Persivul
Guilty Lion [This one I don't trust and its almost entirely gut]
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:02 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 300, Firebringer wrote:You would probably catch more scum,

Yes, you're pretty much useless.
but really the entertainment value in this game would be at least cut in half.

And you seriously overestimate your entertainment value.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:05 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 303, Persivul wrote:
In post 300, Firebringer wrote:You would probably catch more scum,

Yes, you're pretty much useless.
but really the entertainment value in this game would be at least cut in half.

And you seriously overestimate your entertainment value.

Well I think I bring the game up to like a 5 from a usual 2-3 that is typical for games.

Right now, you are being difficult to read my friend. I can't tell your intentions at all. Too much "BE SERIOUS GUYS!!?!?!?" All kind of seems fake to me, just like how you say my interactions with Vedith seem forced or w.e
Show

Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:08 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 301, GuiltyLion wrote:
When/if I flip, you are just making it so you will be on the chopping block instead of CN. You seriously need to sit down and think harder about why I do what I do.

The obvious explanation is that you're scum in a panic, but feel free to explain otherwise.

Actually, you're completely wrong! I will compromise on anyone in that second group, because a lynch is better than no lynch. I don't really have a solid second choice at the moment,

It's poor form to admittedly ignore this game to play a video game, then claim you need more activity in order to act.

I would also like you to explain what exactly I have done in this game in such stark contrast to my completed town games, that you are confident that I am scum. Specific posts, tangible points about what is unique about my towngame. Your case is literally simply "meta", which is shit to begin with, and completely unsubstantiated.

No, my case now includes willingness to lynch your town reads and a number of other things. People can read the meta themselves if they like, but it's not necessary now. Your reactions have been completely scummy.

Foxxx lynch, at this point in time, is completely worthless as it gives us no associative information and has in my view, completely random (2/8) chance of hitting scum.

You got that one right at least.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:10 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 304, Firebringer wrote:
In post 303, Persivul wrote:
Well I think I bring the game up to like a 5 from a usual 2-3 that is typical for games.

If you're speaking of the douchebaggery scale, yes, I agree with you.

Right now, you are being difficult to read my friend. I can't tell your intentions at all.

Maybe if you actually studied my reads list you'd have a better idea.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:12 am

Post by Persivul »

Fix quote tags:
In post 304, Firebringer wrote:

If you're speaking of the douchebaggery scale, yes, I agree with you.

Right now, you are being difficult to read my friend. I can't tell your intentions at all.

Maybe if you actually studied my reads list you'd have a better idea.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:13 am

Post by Firebringer »

Well that isn't very nice.
Show

GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:31 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 305, Persivul wrote:
The
obvious
naive
explanation is that you're scum in a panic, but feel free to explain otherwise.

"obvious" :lol: FTFY

Let me walk you through what's actually happening here:
1. I am town that has coasted this game, for reasons both strategic and RL lazy.
2. I see the "town leader" figure write out a weak, terribly justified case on me.
3. I point out that it's a terrible case and observe who decides to ignore my points and jump on regardless, despite never vocalizing a scumread on me before.
4. scum found! Even if I am mislynched, town benefits!

In post 305, Persivul wrote:It's poor form to admittedly ignore this game to play a video game, then claim you need more activity in order to act.

Sure, it's poor form. Is it scum form?

In post 305, Persivul wrote:No, my case now includes willingness to lynch your town reads and a number of other things. People can read the meta themselves if they like, but it's not necessary now. Your reactions have been completely scummy.

I have never been willing to lynch my townreads. Show me where I voted or started a wagon on Firebringer, Vedith, or The Betting Pool.

It's nice to see that you don't actually want to do the legwork of writing something meaningful and substantive on why you think I'm scum. That will surely reflect positively on you when I flip town. :roll:
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:23 pm

Post by goodmorning »

In post 284, goodmorning wrote:
3: In Which Mendanbar Receives Some Advice from a Witch

Votecount 1.9
Vedith - [L-3] - Firebringer, Chaotic Neutrality
Firebringer [L-3] - Vedith, FA_Q2
Persivul - [L-3] - The Betting Pool, A Simple Plan

Chaotic Neutrality - [L-4] - GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion [L-4] - Persivul

Not Voting [1] - GrayFoxxxx

With 9 alive, it takes
to lynch. The day will end in (expired on 2015-11-20 08:00:00).

Note: I'm going to freeze the deadline til I get a Gray replacement. So.
Last edited by goodmorning on Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:36 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

Ah, now with updated VCs I can make a point that I wanted to bring up earlier as well.

Persivul
- in your big reads list, you have Vedith as scum, calling him scumteam with me. But you were already voting him and he was at L-2, and you moved off of his wagon to vote me instead. Can you explain why you did that? Why move your vote off of a scumread to start a new wagon on someone who has no other votes yet?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:28 pm

Post by Persivul »

To pressure you and see your reaction, dipshit.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:19 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

Do you think I'm stupid for asking that question?
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:14 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Note: Stupid is what stupid does.

Anyways, I don't know Persivul to pick out differences and play but he is definitely alot more aggro than he was in the C9++ I don't know what to think of it, it sounds like his town meta.

Who knows?
Show

FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:52 pm

Post by FA_Q2 »

In post 277, Chaotic Neutrality wrote:Statistically most players are going to be town, and the deadline is in two and a half days. The replacement is barely going to have time to look at the thread beforee the days up.

Guilty's last post reads self-preservation scum.

Disagree.

He has one vote and no one has jumped over. He would have to be horrible scum to go nuts over a single vote.

In post 312, Persivul wrote:To pressure you and see your reaction, dipshit.

In general - that is uncalled for. The insult that is - not the pressure.
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:55 pm

Post by FA_Q2 »

In post 281, Persivul wrote:
In post 274, Vedith wrote:
Regardless, my point is that Gray does that as scum.

As noted, in this case it's probably not alignment indicative.

I'm not sure why you are so upset of me not town reading him. :giggle:

I'm not. I have him at null myself, not town. I'm suspicious that you make safe and easy reads and continue to avoid real scum hunting.

Ditto.

You are not adding anything here vedith and I am unable to even recall any content you have posted without pulling an ISO on you.
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:03 pm

Post by FA_Q2 »

In post 263, Persivul wrote:@ The Betting Pool, FAQ2, Chaotic Neutrality

Please tell me which of these (if any) you could wagon:

Scum {GuiltyLion, Vedith, FireBringer}

Obviously I would go for FB. Vedith would be a good second option. I am not likely to lynch GL this day. There is a lot of good content there and I see him as genuinely trying to scum hunt. Most of your push on him looks a lot like conf. bias to me.
Chaotic Neutrality
Chaotic Neutrality
Goon
Chaotic Neutrality
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:02 pm

Post by Chaotic Neutrality »

In post 293, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 292, Chaotic Neutrality wrote:I thought the self preservation comment was self explanatory.

It's really not, so I'd like you to explain it in clear words for me, and everyone else.

Persivul already explained this, but just so it's in my own words and explicitly clear: As soon as there was discussion about lynching you, you told us all not to make any quick wagons until an irrelevant slot is replaced. Basically you were trying to stop us from reaching a lynch because you were the one about to be lynched. Town has absolutely no motivation to do this, and if you were town you would have instead been discussing your scumreads or pushing other lynches. You waited to do that until you started really being under the microscope, and even then all of your scumreads are people who have cases against you.

GuiltyLion wrote:I attacked Persivul's argument, not Persivul himself. I even said I still peg him as more likely town.

Take a look at your 290 and 291 again. Sure you said he's more likely to be town. Doesn't mean crap. Because we're both your scumreads.

In post 301, GuiltyLion wrote:When/if I flip, you are just making it so you will be on the chopping block instead of CN. You seriously need to sit down and think harder about why I do what I do.
In post 309, GuiltyLion wrote:It's nice to see that you don't actually want to do the legwork of writing something meaningful and substantive on why you think I'm scum. That will surely reflect positively on you when I flip town. :roll:

Please don't be a martyr. I've been there, it's just destructive and helps nobody. It's also terrible reasoning, because until you flip we can't possibly know if you're being a genuine town crybaby or you're using your mafia crocodile tears. Either way it just looks noobish and whiny.

In post 301, GuiltyLion wrote:I don't really have a solid second choice at the moment,
In post 301, GuiltyLion wrote:Activity is not indicative of alignment. Foxxx lynch, at this point in time, is completely worthless as it gives us no associative information and has in my view, completely random (2/8) chance of hitting scum.

Waiting around for activity does nothing for us either.
There is no good or evil. There is only fun and boring.
Chaotic Neutrality
Chaotic Neutrality
Goon
Chaotic Neutrality
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:05 pm

Connections don't mean much without a flip but GL certainly isn't scumhunting and FA_Q2 insists he is. If this is legit the scum team I'm gonna be really upset.
Chaotic Neutrality
Chaotic Neutrality
Goon
Chaotic Neutrality
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:06 pm

UNVOTE:
VOTE: GuiltyLion
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:38 pm

Post by Persivul »

In post 313, GuiltyLion wrote:Do you think I'm stupid for asking that question?

I think you're scum for asking that question.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:44 pm

Post by Persivul »

In post 315, FA_Q2 wrote:
Disagree.

He has one vote and no one has jumped over. He would have to be horrible scum to go nuts over a single vote.

News flash: the case is indeed that he's horrible scum. He started playing three months ago and doesn't have a scum completion yet. When I started, I drew a lot of town at first, and when I first drew scum I was certainly horrible at it. That's not unusual.

You seem to be responding to a few of the recent posts without really reading in depth. Why is that?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:57 pm

Post by Persivul »

In post 319, Chaotic Neutrality wrote:Connections don't mean much without a flip but GL certainly isn't scumhunting and FA_Q2 insists he is. If this is legit the scum team I'm gonna be really upset.

Yes, I was hoping for some real insight from him. Those posts were very disappointing.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:08 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 308, Firebringer wrote:Well that isn't very nice.

No, it isn't.
Do you think scum would be so obnoxious?

In post 314, Firebringer wrote:
Anyways, I don't know Persivul to pick out differences and play but he is definitely alot more aggro than he was in the C9++ I don't know what to think of it, it sounds like his town meta.

More specifically, it's my VT micro meta. Example:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=61639

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”