dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:37 am

Post by dybeck »

Can somebody please summarize the case for Karen in one post for me?
Eeny. Meeny. Miney. Vote.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:40 am

Post by Cephrir »

If you need a case on Karen, just read her posts.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Karen
Karen
Goon
Karen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:08 pm

Post by Karen »

ChocolateAttack wrote:
Yes! i think that by claiming town, Karen can really be scum and im voting her off.
are you a complete newbie, or just a super-newbie?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:15 pm

Post by Cephrir »

You're not one to talk about being a newbie.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Karen
Karen
Goon
Karen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:18 pm

Post by Karen »

Cephrir wrote:You're not one to talk about being a newbie.
why not, it seems fairly certain you don't play under any other accounts, meaning i know your join date and that you're much more newbie than i am.
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
Vote: UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:39 pm

Post by UltimaAvalon »

Right cus....you know, he's been here almost a year, and you been here less than a month....you're right, he is newer
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
Karen
Karen
Goon
Karen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:47 pm

Post by Karen »

UltimaAvalon wrote:Right cus....you know, he's been here almost a year, and you been here less than a month....you're right, he is newer
that's right, i see your point... this account i'm posting with has been here less than a month. wait a sec, what is your point again?
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:01 pm

Post by Twomz »

I'm back.

I have seen no reason to unvote Karen, nor have I seen a better way to spend my vote.

I'll try to read the latest posts more thoroughly tomorrow, I drove too much to comprehend that much information accurately.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Green Day
Green Day
Townie
Green Day
Townie
Townie

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:35 pm

Post by Green Day »

Karen, insulting other people is not helping your case.
I'm starting to suspect Karen again. Just give me a reason not to suspect you. Tell me why you aren't scum.
Jesus Christ rules!
Green Day
Green Day
Townie
Green Day
Townie
Townie

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:36 pm

Post by Green Day »

Mod: Can we please have a recent vote count
Jesus Christ rules!
Flyinghawk
Flyinghawk
Goon
Flyinghawk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:46 pm

Post by Flyinghawk »

dybeck wrote:Can somebody please summarize the case for Karen in one post for me?
With pleasure.

It all started out with an unfortunate typo by Whome
WhoMe? wrote:vote curiouskarmadog

it's right in his name that he's a wolf!
Karen voted for WhoMe? and gave this reasoning:
Karen wrote:
theopor_COD wrote:
vote WhoMe

Not bolding votes - heinous crime.
WhoMe? wrote:
ChocolateAttack wrote:
Vote: whome?
Yes, you!
I wish i had a pund for eveytime someone used that in random voting. Hell I wish I had a pound for everytime YOU used that in random voting :D
vote WhoMe

1) scummy to give the first random vote;
2) thinks he was "random" voted (not paying attention to posts);
3) "not bolding votes - heinous crime."
Someone responded saying that day 1 votes generally are random, and ChocolateAttacks vote was in this case no different.

She then responded back, saying Whome was "nervous" when making the first random vote, which was why he didn't bold it, which was a scumtell. She also mistakenly thought that the vote on Whome wasn't random(though it was) and so when Whome stated that it was random, she stated that Whome was not reading posts, which was another scumtell. She implied that this was enough to prove Who me was scum.
Karen wrote:
Cephrir wrote:She's serious!?
I am a serious
"townsperson"
(just look at my rank by my avatar).

The point I was raising for everyone to see, is that theopor_COD's vote was NOT random (as some people are claiming). He did say his vote "wasn't serious," but maybe he caught something?

Something along the lines of, "after just receiving his role as scum, WhoMe?'s fingers were shaking so bad as he was attempting to post his first vote that he totally forgot to bold."

now, it can be noted that i've only posted half a dozen or so times, but how many times did I forget to bold a vote, unvote, fos, or anything else?

that's right, zero.
When I read what she wrote, I found her reasoning as well as her conclusions very shaky and pretty scummy, so I voted for her. Then ChocolateAttack voted for her.
Without any reason given, right after CA voted for Karen, she responded with a FOS on him. This, in my mind, is a major scumtell. Apparently others thought so, because others started to vote for her as well, bringing her vote count up to around 4 or 5.

At this point, Karen's only real defense against the people voting for her is "You haven't read the posts right, look at my post #49"(quoted above)

Until then, all these votes on karen seemed well thought out, and the lynch seemed to be going on fairly well, until:
Green Day wrote:Hi! Sorry I have been absent last few days.
Unvote, Vote: Karen
This, I feel, stopped the voting on Karen from being well thought out, easily explainable votes, to beginning to look like a Bandwagon, and we all know who quickly Bandwagon tells can stop a lynch from happening.

However, Karen did one more thing to be scummy, she voted for herself:
Karen wrote:
unvote. vote: Karen.

i give up, townspeople can't win this one. it's too stacked against us.
At this point, a couple more people vote for Karen, but the people voting for Karen are labeled a "bandwagon"

And around this time a couple people voted Whome for being on this bandwagon of Karen. Seeing this opportunity, Karen quickly unvoted herself and made this gem of a post:
Karen wrote:
unvote: Karen.

Vote: WhoMe?

obviously Karen is a townie, and i think her play helps us, especially post #102. my vote is on WhoMe? due to prior logic raised by Karen, WhoMe?'s bandwagoning of karen (he addmitted in post #92), and also in post #92 he wants the first day to be over sooner rather than later, ostensibly to prevent little gems of wisdom (e.g. post #102) from surfacing, that will surely strike down his scum faction.
A lot more posts happen, but the one's I quoted are pretty much all really scummy on Karen's behalf. Throughout the game though, Karen has been adamentely stating that she is a Townie, which I feel is a scumtell as well. I think she is a perfect lynch candidate, but with the bandwagon problem slowing it down yet again. She's acted scummy from the getgo and her defense has been nothing but shaky or incorrect or unbelievable.
Karen
Karen
Goon
Karen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:26 pm

Post by Karen »

wow, flyinghawk, that was an awesome summary!

it really does sum up quite well what seems to be going on, albeit from your perspective.

do please allow me these humble corrections:
Flyinghawk wrote:She also mistakenly thought that the vote on Whome wasn't random(though it was) and so when Whome stated that it was random, she stated that Whome was not reading posts, which was another scumtell. She implied that this was enough to prove Who me was scum.
the vote on WhoMe? was not random. i don't think i'm mistaken when i see that someone voted for WhoMe? for a specific reason (which eliminates the possibility of randomness).

a great example of a random vote, would be to use a random number generator, assign everyone a number, roll the die, and probably even post the results of that die roll. i think that method would probably be the best estimation at random (which, i'm not really sure how it comes about, and please someone correct me if i'm wrong, but it has something to do with taking the number of milliseconds or something from the difference b/t now and 1960, i'm honestly not sure where i heard that, but you can probably google howto get a random number, maybe like "Math.random();" or something along those lines).

so, a long story short, i must again say that the vote on WhoMe? was not random.

if you're new to this game, and want to take a look at what i'm referring to, check out a newbie game:
viewtopic.php?t=5822&start=0&postdays=0 ... highlight=
and look at posts #14 and #15.

#14 will give you a pretty good idea howto use random, and #15, shows the results of a random vote.

i'm sorry i had to refer you to a newbie game, but there just are too many people who don't know what's going on on this game.

on another note, your last sentence implies that i'm implying some things. i think i'm pretty good at stating my mind, and i don't need people guessing at what i'm "implying." just read my posts! it's all there in plain sight.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:11 pm

Post by dybeck »

If that's the best case you have on someone by Page 7, it's time to explore some new lines of enquiry.
davidangelsummers
davidangelsummers
It's a Norwegian thing
davidangelsummers
It's a Norwegian thing
It's a Norwegian thing

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:42 pm

Post by davidangelsummers »

dybeck wrote:Can somebody please summarize the case for Karen in one post for me?
dybeck wrote:If that's the best case you have on someone by Page 7, it's time to explore some new lines of enquiry.
Which line do you suggust we take Dybeck? you seem to want the town to do all your dirty work :roll:
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:49 pm

Post by dybeck »

I was hoping that by encouraging people to attempt to summarize the case for Karen, the town might wake up and realise what a nonsense the whole thing was.

It appears that nobody did, so I had to suggest outright that we should be looking elsewhere.
davidangelsummers
davidangelsummers
It's a Norwegian thing
davidangelsummers
It's a Norwegian thing
It's a Norwegian thing

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:11 pm

Post by davidangelsummers »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
davidangelsummers wrote:
Way off being a pro, but if karen is town then she should want town to win,right? " If shes town and gets lynched then that helps mafia, right? ....if im missing something then please fill me in
Everyone wants to see a better case for scum day 1(other than Karen)?...here it is. First his vote against Karen.
davidangelsummers wrote:Karen,If your town, how do you really think voteing yourself is going to help? Your scum or just plain bad at this...Say your proved right, will anyone respect you? No, thier just think you played badly and the scum will be rubbing thier hands in glee.
VOTE KAREN
Which pains me cuz your Avatar will be missed...
This post almost acts like he knows that Karen is town. He doesn’t even actually put a case forward against Karen. He just states that the mafia will be “rubbing their hands with glee” at her death. Why is that? Because maybe she is a town? She might be acting like the village idiot (VI), but she is could still be town.

Someone asked, if Karen’s posts are helping the town. Yeah, I now think they are. She is an easy lynch. Just looks at everyone voting for her (like David) that doesn’t give a reason and just wants Day 1 over. Ask yourself town, who would like Day 1 over fast. Now look at David's most recent post..

“" If shes town and gets lynched then that helps mafia, right? ....if im missing something then please fill me in”

She is going to get lynched because people like you…Why are you voting for the easiest lynch here to push? I think you are scum. You still never address why you want to have a quick Day 1….All you do is say if Karen gets lynched, she is helping the mafia?..How is she helping the mafia?..because she is town?…I hope everyone see this for what it is..crap logic, being spun by someone who REALLY IS acting like scum.
er ok, but im still keeping my vote till something better comes along. Stop acting like shes on the verge of being lynched. She 5 players away! (Now that shes unvoted herself!) The fact that people cant see why people are looking at Karen must be crazy. She might as well have walked in a room, got naked and sung Ive got a lovely bunch of coconut. Everything from her avatar to her posts are screaming "look at me" and I am. Get over it. If anyone seems to KNOW Karen is town its you..In fact, balls to it .I will
unvote OMGUS VOTE curiouskarmadog
Green Day
Green Day
Townie
Green Day
Townie
Townie

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:16 pm

Post by Green Day »

Town, just watch the people voting Karen. There's probably 4-8 scumv in this game... They will be trying to start a bandwagon. Even if Karen is say part of the werewolves, (I think it's werewolves?) the Mafia guys from the other gang of scum will be trying to lynch her. If she's town both gangs want her gone. So either way, scum want her out.
Jesus Christ rules!
Blight
Blight
Goon
Blight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:36 pm

Post by Blight »

Green Day wrote:Town, just watch the people voting Karen. There's probably 4-8 scumv in this game... They will be trying to start a bandwagon. Even if Karen is say part of the werewolves, (I think it's werewolves?) the Mafia guys from the other gang of scum will be trying to lynch her. If she's town both gangs want her gone. So either way, scum want her out.
Sorry, but this screams to me of someone trying way too hard to look like he's town. Didn't you originally cast your vote for Karen as her BW was picking up? Now you want us to look at everyone
else
who is/was voting for her?

Confirm Vote: Green Day
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:56 pm

Post by dybeck »

Blight wrote:
Green Day wrote:Town, just watch the people voting Karen. There's probably 4-8 scumv in this game... They will be trying to start a bandwagon. Even if Karen is say part of the werewolves, (I think it's werewolves?) the Mafia guys from the other gang of scum will be trying to lynch her. If she's town both gangs want her gone. So either way, scum want her out.
Sorry, but this screams to me of someone trying way too hard to look like he's town. Didn't you originally cast your vote for Karen as her BW was picking up? Now you want us to look at everyone
else
who is/was voting for her?

Confirm Vote: Green Day
You are so not wrong.
unvote, vote: Green Day

"I think it's werewolves?"?

Do me a favor.
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:23 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Wikipedia wrote: It is also feasible that the "Robin Hood" myth was perpetuated by the earliest known mafiosi as a means of gaining goodwill and trust from the Sicilian people.
SEVENTH VOTECOUNT

Karen
(4) - Flyinghawk , ChocolateAttack , WhoMe? , Twomz

Cephrir
(3) - FeRnAnDo , Kison , thinktank
UltimaAvalon
(2) - UltimaAvalon , Honary Hitchhiker
WhoMe?
(2) - Green Day , Karen
Green Day
(2) - Blight , dybeck
Davidangelsummers
(1) - curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
(1) - davidangelsummers
FeRnAnDo
(1) - Sonicpulsar

Not voting
(4):YogurtBandit , Tarhalindur , theopor_COD , Cephrir

Needed for a lynch: 11 votes
Negotiable deadline: 25 days

If by deadline no one has 11 votes player with more votes is lynched
If two players have same number of votes lynch is decided by duel
[i]"Dead Rikimaru is... well, dead. When the lights came back on, he was found turned inside-out, somehow. Disgusting, really. Anyway, he was "Dead Dead Rikimaru" (Self-fulfilling Prophecy)".
-The Scummies 2006 - Red Carpet and Ceremony![/i]
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:24 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

davidangelsummers wrote:
er ok, but im still keeping my vote till something better comes along. Stop acting like shes on the verge of being lynched. She 5 players away! (Now that shes unvoted herself!) The fact that people cant see why people are looking at Karen must be crazy. She might as well have walked in a room, got naked and sung Ive got a lovely bunch of coconut. Everything from her avatar to her posts are screaming "look at me" and I am. Get over it. If anyone seems to KNOW Karen is town its you..In fact, balls to it .I will
unvote OMGUS VOTE curiouskarmadog
wow, not only have you not answered my questions AGAIN, you OMGUS vote me..David please answer my questions..I will even post them for you again.
curiouskarmadog wrote:

She is going to get lynched because people like you…Why are you voting for the easiest lynch here to push? I think you are scum. You still never address why you want to have a quick Day 1….All you do is say if Karen gets lynched, she is helping the mafia?..How is she helping the mafia?..because she is town?…I hope everyone see this for what it is..crap logic, being spun by someone who REALLY IS acting like scum.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Flyinghawk
Flyinghawk
Goon
Flyinghawk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:15 am

Post by Flyinghawk »

dybeck wrote:I was hoping that by encouraging people to attempt to summarize the case for Karen, the town might wake up and realise what a nonsense the whole thing was.

It appears that nobody did, so I had to suggest outright that we should be looking elsewhere.
Karen has made it very plain that she considers herself a well versed, not-new player. If this is the case, than we can't excuse all of her blunders to 'newbie' mistakes. She has been acting scummy all game, and since you've been defending her I see some mafia protecting mafia vibes coming from you.
Fos:Dybeck
the votes on Karen are not "a nonsense' as you so eloquently put it, so be careful not to over defend her.
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:20 am

Post by UltimaAvalon »

Karen wrote:that's right, i see your point... this account i'm posting with has been here less than a month. wait a sec, what is your point again?
Sorry, just because you sound like you know what you're talking about, I can only look at you like you're an incompetent moron, and the more you talk, the less I'm inclined to believe you're an alt.
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:33 am

Post by dybeck »

Flyinghawk wrote:Karen has made it very plain that she considers herself a well versed, not-new player. If this is the case, than we can't excuse all of her blunders to 'newbie' mistakes.
Do you agree with her assessment? You consider her a well versed, not-new player? Or could she be wrong?
She has been acting scummy all game,
I disagree.
and since you've been defending her I see some mafia protecting mafia vibes coming from you.
Well... we already established that your scumdar is less than perfect.
the votes on Karen are not "a nonsense' as you so eloquently put it, so be careful not to over defend her.
On the contrary. They ARE a nonsense, and I'll continue to defend players that are being unjustly bandwagoned. And when she turns out not scum, I'll continue to campaign for the lynches of the players who campaigned so hard for their lynches. Don't try and intimidate me into silence please.

Of course the ironic thing is that she might well BE scum! But my belief is that there's absolutely nothing to suggest either way.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:34 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Flyinghawk wrote:
dybeck wrote:I was hoping that by encouraging people to attempt to summarize the case for Karen, the town might wake up and realise what a nonsense the whole thing was.

Karen has made it very plain that she considers herself a well versed, not-new player. If this is the case, than we can't excuse all of her blunders to 'newbie' mistakes. She has been acting scummy all game, and since you've been defending her I see some mafia protecting mafia vibes coming from you.

intersting, you think assume mafia would be as obvious to cover for each other day 1. what happens if Karen is lynched and she comes up town? do you look guilty for lynching her? Basically you are saying dybeck is guilty because you assume someone else is guilty, when you dont have a clue (or do you?). maybe dybeck (like me) doesnt want to lynch the most obvious person. there are 4-6 mafia out there floating around...maybe we need to keep this day going, to see what we can see while we have time. For example, if we would have hung Karen 10 post ago, I would not have seen you post this crap...
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”