pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:32 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 819, thdgkdms wrote:I exist again, for now. This post was also supposed to happen around 18 hours ago. Oh well.
In post 601, The_Relentless wrote:thdg what do you think about a Feysal lynch

who would you vote given that notsci being lynched today isn't all that likely?
I swear my responses are timely.
Anyway kneejerk reaction says that I'd go with the Feysal lynch not because I find him to be particularly scummy but because I don't think that the people on his wagon are scummy.
Like, reading his posts didn't really sway me either way so I'd probably go with it if it came down to it for consolidation.

more evidence to support the thdg-bork team? I probably wouldn't take issue with it, but just commenting "people on wagon X are better" without anything specific making him think this (i.e. I dislike people X and Y on the ffery lynch and/or bork lynch) is a really shallow thought process and imo more likely to come from scum.

In post 819, thdgkdms wrote:To be honest, I am also kind of frustrated that nobody wants to even bother looking at Sakura Hana with me because they used some random spellcard on the first page but whatever. Something spectacular had better happen D2. Whatever, it's almost 2am so I'm going to go to sleep and look at things tomorrow.

as for the rest of the post, I didn't like it, but this in particular came off as disingenuous. I'm p sure someone (zmuffin?) already said it, but I think it reads more like scum stretching to find a reason to pretend to be angry/indigated about a read. not to mention, he didn't even mention Sakura at all after he backed off of her up to the point where he posted this (if he was really this frustrated about it, he sure as hell wasn't doing anything to show it).

it kinda reminds me of what I did re: Nati in UPick 1, actually.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:43 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 632, borkjerfkin wrote:
In post 501, zMuffinMan wrote:Who does borkums actually think is scum?

T: {muffin, sakura,
relentless
sky_paladin
kilga
}
N: {gaiden, shadoweh (liked demeanor dealing with muffin, didn't like what kilga pointed out), chalupa, thdgkfmkklfdkvjdflvjkdlfjvklwf (could possibly move up on reread), GIF (could move down; he hasn't done anything)
S: {
ns
feysal
}

in progress: pie, kagami

whatever: katsuki
In post 855, borkjerfkin wrote:
In post 736, zMuffinMan wrote:well for starters, a simplified "I think x is scum for reasons a,b,c" would be helpful since it seems like you're reading feysal as scum for projecting or something? and noddy scum for... not interacting with you and calling you scum? there may be other reasons but it's hard to follow the progression on these reads. I know you've talked to them or asked people's opinions of them but I don't see where the scum reads form and why

My stronger reads in the group were:
you - I thought your attempts to engage the majority of the playerlist really early and make judgments about those reads looked really town. I think the way you engaged me looked more inquisitive than an attempt to throw me off balance (see touhou upick 2 where I picked you out as scum instantly for that and proceeded to not get you lynched for the rest of the game)
sakura - I explained this one earlier

weaker reads:

relentless - I liked the push on NS and the frustration with the resistance he's getting seems genuine
sky_paladin: in particular just pinged me as really town (also potential negative connection between him and both of ns/GIF due to constant confusing them)
kilga: eh, just overall like the feel. super candid thought process

contested reads I'm still trying to form:
pie: want a bonfide response to
kagami: was trying to figure out why kagami would have the following progression:
1) kagami: "hey I have reason to believe I know how many spellcards scum likely have"
2) me: I have a shitload
3) kagami: I think bork is town
4) kagami: I think scum probably have a high number of cards
I'm curious for demonstrable evidence of what she can do, so I'm gonna let her do whatever she she says she can do and proceed with that info

I would expect at least one scum in bork's town list, especially given his town reads consisted primarily of SMers, which I find odd as they're the people in this player list he has the least experience with; I'd expect most people when town, if town reading the majority of the people from another site, to have at least some paranoia/feeling what they're picking up on might be playstyle related and to want to question the reads in more depth. moreover, based on the reasoning he was using, Relentless and Kilga are more likely than Sky.

this is in part based on my very recent experience as scum partners with him, where we hard defended each other all game for somewhat nebulous reasons. but, I find the reads list odd regardless due to the SMers thing.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:58 am

Post by Katsuki »

BORKBORKBORK

RIP PREMATUREPRESCHOOL

BORK
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:06 am

Post by pieguyn »

who here knows Kilga's bussing meta?
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:18 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

beefycheese
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:48 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

who here knows Kilga's bussing meta?

Shadoweh can probably comment on this; I can't recall Kilga scum. However, I do remember commenting earlier in this game that Kilga seemed flakier than I remember town!Kilga.

My relatives are out of the house, so this weekend I'm hoping I can do a big re-read and content catch up.

Thanks for the response, Sakura.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:16 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

@Gaiden: what are your thoughts upon seeing the SDM? Do you think there is scum between Pie/Sakura?
SXTLHGaiden
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:19 am

Post by SXTLHGaiden »

i've gained some insight that i'd rather not share here yet.
i would like to think that both of them are town.
You're not going to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. S*Gaiden will not make long cases, write stunning insights, or sugar coat his words. He is not the man for multi-paragraph eloquence. He is, however, being honest to a fault, and it comes across in his writing.
- GreyICE
it can help the game for people to be aware that L-1 is L-Gaiden
- popsofctown
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:21 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 1253, pieguyn wrote:I would expect at least one scum in bork's town list

it may be the case, but i think this is a pretty meh thing to expect
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:25 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

i was willing to let bork live to endgame if he gave good compliments like he promised but he hasn't been doing that, which could mean he's scum? probably should be lynched tomorrow
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:32 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

If not vigged
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:45 pm

Post by fferyllt »

One can hope.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
The_Relentless
The_Relentless
Goon
The_Relentless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:11 pm

Post by The_Relentless »

In post 1261, zMuffinMan wrote:i was willing to let bork live to endgame if he gave good compliments like he promised but he hasn't been doing that, which could mean he's scum? probably should be lynched tomorrow

agreed
I'm a Teapot
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:30 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

Last time I saw Kilga as scum he spammed everyone with giant wall posts while townreading all his scumbuddies.
I'm pretty sure I remember he doesn't like bussing because it makes the game harder, but it's been ages since we both played.
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:53 pm

Post by Kilgamayan »

Tenshi spent practically the entire game voting for Kaori, thank you very much. Don't blame the celestial just because everyone else is too thick to listen!
Well, this game happened.
~ Edible
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:59 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

(Apologies; I know some of you better than others)

1. pie
You have excellent taste in touhous (you da real remi fan; my favorites kinda rotate based on my mood or whatever) I've had a lot of fun playing with you since you joined my imperishable night game way back when. You have a real knack for the game.

2. Sakura
I've really had a great time working with you in past games; I've been fortunate enough to be able to use you as my 'rock' read in LyLo when I start to get paranoid of everyone else on more than one occasion.

3. zMuffinMan
You have one of the best (if not the best) dry humor schitcks on site. Never change.

4. Shadoweh
Don't know you very well but I consider you one of the important 'old guard' members of the site

5. Sky_Paladin (and 6. Relentless and 13. thghefjhfhjhfwejwjhjwhflhj)
I frankly don't know anything about you all, but I hope to one day be able to say nice things about you all too!

7. GIF
I dig hydraing with you and you've been a cool cat ever since that first Haunted Mansion thing we did on site together way way back when.

8. Gaiden
What sticks out is probably Viscon: Crossroads where you were probably the one player I was absolutely positive was town by the end of the game. I wish we'd have been able to turn that one around.

9. Katsuki
Yes, cupcakes ARE better than muffins.

10. Kagami
Maybe the most impressive setup spec I've ever seen (Nightengale's Tale was the most notable example of this); I still regret pushing so hard on you guys as likely scum in Vesperia and being hilariously wrong, although it turned out not to matter

11. Feysal
Anyone w/ a Frog avatar (where'd that go btw) is cool in my book. I dug your flavor spec in my FF7 game and I am guessing we probably share a lot of similar interests.

12. borkinator
Why the fuck did you have to roll scum this game

14. Kilgamayan
you guys ever check this shit out? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzVZ1yF ... FD822F5718
this is the fucking lord's work right here. Anyway I used to lurk on SM back in the day and remember you as a fixture there; you may have indirectly introduced me to mafia

XX. notscience
o/
sorry buddy. you're still my mason partner.

15. fferyllt
I saved you for last. You're my fav hydra partner and you keep me honest about my reads when we play together and you like good booze and food and you're just the coolest. Thanks for being a shortlist pre-in to all my games after all these years.

Anyway y'all are awesome

I'm not even drunk

yet
beefycheese
Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:00 pm

Post by Kilgamayan »

And yes, discounting the recent 6/2 Free! game with unorthodox game mechanics where my public interactions with my buddy were little more than token, Sword Girls was the last time I drew scum. That game was also literally 3.5 years ago, so who knows how much it's worth as a reference point now.
~ Edible
Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:03 pm

Post by Kilgamayan »

In post 1267, borkjerfkin wrote:14. Kilgamayan
you guys ever check this shit out? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzVZ1yF ... FD822F5718
this is the fucking lord's work right here.

oh christ

(If I actually influenced your decision to play Mafia in any fashion, I am truly, truly sorry.)
~ Edible
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:19 pm

Post by fferyllt »

I may be drunk.

Maybe.

Well, yes. yes I am drunk.

New Belgium Brewery's Seasonal White IPA isn't too shabby.

Idic
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:20 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

That's in the variety pack they have at costco right now
I'ma get some of that this week
beefycheese
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:23 pm

Post by fferyllt »

That variety pack is pretty solid.

Variety packs usually have some awful hefeweizen or something tha5 sits in the cabinet for months. The black lager in the variety pack is passable, and it's the least loved beer of the bunch.

Idic
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1273 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:25 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

lying scumfuck wrote:Yes, cupcakes ARE better than muffins.

OK that's the final straw

I'm invoking lynch all liars

You're fucking dead tomorrow
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #1274 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:28 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”