Micro 547: Searching For Dragons (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:53 am

Post by Vedith »

@GL - Lets talk about Chaotic. You seem him as scum but I don't see it.
I claim scum \o/
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:53 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 424, Vedith wrote:Pers, stop discrediting me seriously. If you don't like how I play then don't speak to me and don't join any games with me in.
I want to play. I haven't had the time to play this week.

How are you 100% sure FB is scum if you don't have time to play?
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:58 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 426, Persivul wrote:How are you 100% sure FB is scum if you don't have time to play?

You can go into my ignore pile for the rest of the game. I'm only going to talk to people who aren't just looking to piss me off tonight. :facepalm:
I claim scum \o/
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:00 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 162, Chaotic Neutrality wrote:I still disagree, but at least now we know it's not scum motivated.

@GL - This comment strongly suggests town for me.
I claim scum \o/
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:05 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 425, Vedith wrote:@GL - Lets talk about Chaotic. You seem him as scum but I don't see it.

Did you not see my huge case on him?

When you read his ISO, he's not really attempting to sort people, just throwing statements around, some scumreads and a townread on FB. His L-1 vote on TBP which lead to a gunsmith/cop claim was bad. His shift to you was even worse, because he acted like he thought you were town when pushing the TBP wagon shortly before. He doesn't care to consider that I could be town, just keeps insisting I'm scum.

He's good at sounding town by tone, which lead me to doubt my read and try pushing on Persivul, but his actual motives/actions have been scummy scum scum.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:07 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

Also there's nothing in that comment that scum isn't capable of doing. If I'm right that he's scum then he knows TBP is town.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:10 am

Post by Vedith »

Okay, so if he is scum it's clear that he doesn't want to town credit.
his comment would have only been for town credit, which we have just worked he clearly isn't looking for as scum.
This would suggest a genuine town comment trying to push the game in a different direction.

I just think that he is trying really hard to impress rather than looking for scum.
I claim scum \o/
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:19 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 431, Vedith wrote:Okay, so if he is scum it's clear that he doesn't want to town credit.
his comment would have only been for town credit, which we have just worked he clearly isn't looking for as scum.
This would suggest a genuine town comment trying to push the game in a different direction.

I just think that he is trying really hard to impress rather than looking for scum.

I'm not sure I understand - why is it clear he doesn't want town credit when you say he's trying hard to impress?

He put a cop/gunsmith to L-1, he has to unvote after the claim or else he looks extremely bad. It's a null post, it would come from town or scum.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:20 am

Post by Vedith »

I'm saying as scum he won't want town credit acting the way he is.
I'm saying that as town he is trying to impress but he's just all over the place.
I claim scum \o/
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:24 am

Post by Vedith »

@GL - What's your view on Pers not pushing against ASP, but is constantly whining that I'm not trying?

I feel that if his actions were actually town based then he would be pushing in all the directions.
I claim scum \o/
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:31 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I still don't get it, it looks like you're saying:

a. CN looks scummy
b. if he's scum, the way he's acting is not for town credit
c. so therefore he's town trying to impress us even though it makes him look scummy

Did I get that right?

I think we disagree that he looks scummy then, because I'm the only one really vocalizing a scumread and pushing him at the moment.

--

Pers switching to ASP is a bit odd but he's already shown a willingness to go after lurkers. I think his philosophy is that he expects everyone to post frequently and make sure they look obvtown, and so anyone not doing that could be scum and needs to be interrogated because town should have nothing to hide. It's not my playstyle, but I don't exactly see scum motivation in it. He's oscillated between town and scum for me but usually in my experience that means the person winds up being town. And I think he is pushing in all directions, he's voted almost everyone in the game so far.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:35 am

Post by Vedith »

No.
I'm saying that
A - He's not scum
B - If he was scum, your case on him suggests that he doesn't want town cred, but yet my quote on him with BP would counter that. That comment was against your case.
C - Meaning that he's trying too hard to impress and just getting everything wrong, as town.

By trying to impress, I also mean that he is trying to show an effort of reads on people and trying to produce content (however wrong it is).

Wait, he's on ASP? Then ignore my comment it was wrong.

So continuing our talk... What was the statement about if you are town you won't lose?
That's a bit arrogant isn't it? Is it a town thought comment?
I claim scum \o/
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:52 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 408, goodmorning wrote:
[Mendanbar] had never thought of himself as one of the hazards of the Enchanted Forest that someone might wish to be prepared for, and he did not like the idea much, now that it had been pointed out to him.

Votecount 1.11
A Simple Plan [L-3] - Tere, Persivul
Firebringer [L-3] - Vedith, FA_Q2
Persivul - [L-3] - The Betting Pool, A Simple Plan

GuiltyLion [L-4] - Chaotic Neutrality
Chaotic Neutrality - [L-4] - GuiltyLion
Vedith - [L-4] - Firebringer

Not Voting [0] -

With 9 alive, it takes
to lynch. The day will end in (expired on 2015-11-23 09:00:00).
Last edited by goodmorning on Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:56 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 427, Vedith wrote:
In post 426, Persivul wrote:How are you 100% sure FB is scum if you don't have time to play?

You can go into my ignore pile for the rest of the game. I'm only going to talk to people who aren't just looking to piss me off tonight. :facepalm:

So that means you will talk to me all day!!!

<3 you Vedith!
:)
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:57 am

Post by Firebringer »

I am fine with lynching Pers, because he is a big meanie to me.
And obviously possibly scum.
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:02 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 438, Firebringer wrote:So that means you will talk to me all day!!!

<3 you Vedith!

Where have you been?!
Yeah I'll talk to you :P
I claim scum \o/
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:03 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 439, Firebringer wrote:I am fine with lynching Pers, because he is a big meanie to me.
And obviously possibly scum.

I keep wanting to put a case on him because of his attitude, but I'm not feeling it.
I claim scum \o/
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:05 am

Post by Firebringer »

His attitude seems too aggro to be scum to be honest. I always get that feeling about those people who are so absolutely abrasive in a game. Like if you are scum their is no reason to be like that. It only gets people focused on you.
Show

GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:16 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 436, Vedith wrote:No.
I'm saying that
A - He's not scum
B - If he was scum, your case on him suggests that he doesn't want town cred, but yet my quote on him with BP would counter that. That comment was against your case.
C - Meaning that he's trying too hard to impress and just getting everything wrong, as town.

By trying to impress, I also mean that he is trying to show an effort of reads on people and trying to produce content (however wrong it is).

Ah I gotcha. Well we disagree, my case against him is he's scum playing for town cred. Another example is his comment about how he was the first to build content.

In post 436, Vedith wrote:So continuing our talk... What was the statement about if you are town you won't lose?
That's a bit arrogant isn't it? Is it a town thought comment?

No, the statement was that if I were scum in a future game with people here, I would play obvtown and win, due to the bad reasons people are using to justify scumreads (Persivul in particular). I agree that it's arrogant, absolutely. It came from a place of frustration that people were saying this is not my towngame (when they've never seen my scumgame), and nitpicking at non-indicative phrases I use and saying "only scum would say/do that!". If such obvious scumtells exist, and I were scum, don't you think I'd try to
avoid
coming off like that?

But it's WIFOM and self-meta so it's not really a valid defense, I just got annoyed because I took it as a disrespect to my intelligence and skill as a player. I calmed down and gave up talking about that though (), it's generally an anti-town thing to say and it doesn't help anyone, including myself. It's one of those frustrated town comments that scum will fake to look like frustrated town, so it's not productive to say it.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:30 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 443, GuiltyLion wrote:Ah I gotcha. Well we disagree, my case against him is he's scum playing for town cred. Another example is his comment about how he was the first to build content.

Then I completely misread your case lol.
I claim scum \o/
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:33 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 443, GuiltyLion wrote:No, the statement was that if I were scum in a future game with people here, I would play obvtown and win, due to the bad reasons people are using to justify scumreads (Persivul in particular). I agree that it's arrogant, absolutely. It came from a place of frustration that people were saying this is not my towngame (when they've never seen my scumgame), and nitpicking at non-indicative phrases I use and saying "only scum would say/do that!". If such obvious scumtells exist, and I were scum, don't you think I'd try to avoid coming off like that?

But it's WIFOM and self-meta so it's not really a valid defense, I just got annoyed because I took it as a disrespect to my intelligence and skill as a player. I calmed down and gave up talking about that though (365), it's generally an anti-town thing to say and it doesn't help anyone, including myself. It's one of those frustrated town comments that scum will fake to look like frustrated town, so it's not productive to say it.

Well that makes more sense, I didn't take you as an over confident player lol.
I agree fully, saying that "scum do that" isn't a valid argument overall to hold by itself. However, if Pers hasn't played with you before, that's the best he has to go with from what you do and say.
If I play with someone new I will look for traits that would be standard scum play on top of everything else from them.
I claim scum \o/
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:36 am

Post by Firebringer »

Holy shit, what if vedith is town....
UNVOTE: vedith

That changes literally everything....
Show

Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:37 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 446, Firebringer wrote:Holy shit, what if vedith is town....
UNVOTE: vedith

That changes literally everything....

What changed?
I don't like FB that's not thinking me as scum... :P
I claim scum \o/
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:46 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 447, Vedith wrote:What changed?
I don't like FB that's not thinking me as scum...

No, I am done telling you how I read you!
You manipulated it the last time I told you >.>
Show

A Simple Plan
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:12 pm

Post by A Simple Plan »

Trying to read up some, but am doing so only very slowly. Still comfortable with a Firebringer townread, and am leaning more town on Vedith the more I read.

I still like my Persivul vote based on . If you thought I was scum, why'd you wait to vote me?

I'm kinda bummed I never heard from the other TBP Hydra head in regard to . To sum it up, the point of the question was to see what each head thinks of the other and their abilities, since it was basically a meta dive without any of the work. If either head were to be playing against their strongest abilities within the game, it would obviously be a scum tell, especially with an answer like Lucky's (). If penguin was playing with weak logic and/or faulty logic, it would be a definite scum tell. But we haven't seen Penguin, or at least, I haven't been made aware of it if we have, so I can't really put that into play.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”