massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2026 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:48 pm

Post by massive »

We've only had 3 nights. Since I was going to get stuck watching one person and the role PM made it sound like I only got one shot, I forewent N1 to get a better read on players. I watched Nacho N2 and N3.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #2027 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:21 pm

Post by hiplop »

ah fuck. thought i caught you in a lie. Massive is town UNVOTE:
third best scummer of all time
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2028 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:49 pm

Post by Davsto »

In post 1993, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 1940, Davsto wrote:I've jailed Nacho every night, and will likely do so for the foreseeable future. As far as I care, that means if he's scum I'm blocking scum (which likely has a good PR besides the main), and if he's town then I'm protecting a strong PR that doesn't currently have any actions so I'm not stopping him from being useful.

Regardless of my alignment, you're reducing your chances of actually blocking a kill to zero, which is strange when blocking the kill is the strongest offensive capability the jailkeeper has.

Last night in particular, if I'd have blocked any kills, I almost certainly would have been accused of being scum. I was tempted to jail ETL because I thought he was scum, for example, but that would result in me being accused of being Thor's scum partner.

Whilst stopping kills is a useful utility, I am fully aware that most town members have fairly strong PRs and I don't want to be getting in the way of them doing their things. So, I spent N1 jailing someone I thought was scum, N2 jailing Nacho again so that Hecatia could get a definite result, and N3 jailing Nacho since jailing either of ETL/Thor would be a terrible idea, I wasn't sure on the other players, whereas by jailing Nacho I am either stopping a Backup from dying (without actually blocking them from doing anything) or stopping one scum member from doing anything in terms of role actions (which they likely have a fairly powerful one) or kills (forcing only one scum member to do the kills).
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2029 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:08 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 2019, Ankamius wrote:If your reasoning for linking us together is mostly the engagement we had yesterday, then you can do a lot better than that.

nope
You asked him a question about his read and just moved on and I notice he isn't really pushing you to explain anything.

In post 2020, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 2017, farside22 wrote:Reflective.
I need to be targeted in order to have a neighbor.
It's a pretty crappy role when no one targets you.

So there's no reason for you not to commute every night?

No. I haven't done it. I thought even day 3 when I said I'm not commuting because I'm hoping someone will target me would get someone to target me.

In post 2021, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 2017, farside22 wrote:I don't think you dumb.
What I see is since you were scum reading hippy and pist being your scum buddy was lynched instead you invented a reason to call hippy town.

Why would I need to invent a reason to call hiplop town when he lynched my buddy?
Why would I want to call hippy town as scum?

Why would hippy be a scum read after pist was lynched? I don't recall you saying anything about them being scum together.
See my first question to your question.
I mean if you had said, hmmm maybe I need to think about the flip and who I was scum reading vs who flipped I would think that came from a town mindset.
But players where voting you and suddenly you fake claim a town result on hippy.
I say BS.

In post 2022, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 2017, farside22 wrote:How is that possible?

How is what possible?

this

Duplicate roles are to be expected with my specific backup role, which is likely designed to make lynching counterclaims less scary for town.

I was confused by the wording but I read it as though you were saying lynching a CC is less scary when there are duplicate roles.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2030 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:10 am

Post by farside22 »

Speaking of full claiming, where is anka with his results?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2031 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:34 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2028, Davsto wrote:Last night in particular, if I'd have blocked any kills, I almost certainly would have been accused of being scum.

Last night, if you blocked scum's kill, why would you be accused of being scum?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2032 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:40 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2028, Davsto wrote:I wasn't sure on the other players, whereas by jailing Nacho I am either stopping a Backup from dying (without actually blocking them from doing anything) or stopping one scum member from doing anything in terms of role actions (which they likely have a fairly powerful one) or kills (forcing only one scum member to do the kills).

You are blocking me from dying when I'm not likely to die (as town). As scum, you have no real clue what my role is but you sure as hell aren't blocking the kill so close to useless.

The only way you're marginally doing good is if I'm scum (I'm not) and even if I am scum you're the only way that town can block kills and you're instead publicly announcing your targets and allowing scum to shoot whoever the hell they want, which is dumb.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2033 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:42 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2029, farside22 wrote:You asked him a question about his read and just moved on and I notice he isn't really pushing you to explain anything.

Why would I push him to explain anything?
What have you pushed him to explain?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2034 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:46 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2029, farside22 wrote:No. I haven't done it. I thought even day 3 when I said I'm not commuting because I'm hoping someone will target me would get someone to target me.

My question was more along the lines of "is there anything that could prevent you from commuting?". I noticed that Norman couldn't use his commute if he decided to voyeur or if you decided to commute, so I was wondering if you had a similar clause in your role.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2035 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:50 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2029, farside22 wrote:I was confused by the wording but I read it as though you were saying lynching a CC is less scary when there are duplicate roles.

Lynching a CC is less scary when you have a backup that can take over one of the lynchee's roles, thus having duplicate roles would make some measure of sense.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2036 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:51 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2030, farside22 wrote:Speaking of full claiming, where is anka with his results?

Hiplop still hasn't claimed.

Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2037 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:03 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2029, farside22 wrote:
In post 2019, Ankamius wrote:If your reasoning for linking us together is mostly the engagement we had yesterday, then you can do a lot better than that.

nope
You asked him a question about his read and just moved on and I notice he isn't really pushing you to explain anything.

I don't waste words.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2038 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:13 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 2036, Nachomamma8 wrote:Hiplop still hasn't claimed.

He more or less has, but he needs to clarify.
I claim scum \o/
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2039 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:22 am

Post by farside22 »

I'm just going to wait till everyone finishes claiming before I respond to nacho's question about my ability.
As for the rest it just hey lets attack farside because she is on to us games again.
Nacho's first question serve no purpose other then to dodge my question and apparently as long as anka sits there not explaining shit, it's okay.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #2040 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:11 am

Post by hiplop »

I tracked massive night one. + hecatia role is why I knew both her and massive were town
Second night I went on thor, when he visited no one I lowered my scumread a bit (figured no scum were goons)
third night roleblocked when I went on davesto
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2041 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:20 am

Post by Ankamius »

sigh

I was looking for a sign that would indicate that both slots are telling the truth, but none of the results actually prove it.

In post 2040, hiplop wrote:third night roleblocked when I went on davesto

wow
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2042 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:20 am

Post by Ankamius »

Night 1: EspeciallyTheLies was targeted by Wingback
Night 2: Nachomamma8 was targeted by Massive, Davsto, and Hecatia Lapislazuli.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2043 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:35 am

Post by Ankamius »

It should immediately be obvious why I was so adamant about going last; I knew exactly what all of the dead slots did the night they died.

My theory for what's going on with the game right now is that Massive is a Ninja and Hiplop is a scum tracker. Here's my evidence for this:

1. All of their results are safe. The only result any of us got that isn't immediately public knowledge to them is me targeted Nacho on night two. This works if Hiplop tracked me on night two.
2. Hiplop is trying to conftown Massive for not being tracked anywhere. This works if he ninja-killed Wingback night one to give Hecatia their negative result.
3. I can easily see the ninja-modifier being made public to make a Watcher+Tracker combo look more likely to be town.
4. I've been really skeeved out by the way both slots went about their claims, mainly Hiplop's.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #2044 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:37 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 2040, hiplop wrote:third night roleblocked when I went on davesto

Are you shitting me

I'm ascetic you fool of course you didn't get a result when you tracked me that's literally why I claimed so people wouldn't waste results jesus christ
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2045 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:38 am

Post by Ankamius »

ftr my half of the engagement with Nacho about the watcher was how I viewed the game at the beginning. After Lying Cat claimed, my engagement with Wingback gave me the idea that I should be searching for scum supporting roles (role cop, roleblocker, etc.) instead. That's what I was searching for both nights.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #2046 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:40 am

Post by Davsto »

I'm honestly not sure what to think of hiplop because they've just been so damn stupid

"hmm I think I'll track the claimed ascetic"
"wow I didn't get a result I must have been blocked by scum that is the only logical explanation"
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #2047 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:46 am

Post by hiplop »

for some reason i had a completely wrong idea of ascetic in my head
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #2048 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:51 am

Post by hiplop »

fuck me......................................
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #2049 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:08 pm

Post by hiplop »

i mean uh i definitely did it to verify your ascetic role, because with the ninjas it makes townhunting the only viable strategy!

gee im so smart and did the right thing by clearing davesto

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”