Micro 550: 2 Scoops of the Fourth Degree (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
All Alone
All Alone
Goon
All Alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:13 pm

Post by All Alone »

prod dodge
dear princess celestia, sometimes it can be hard for a shy pony like me to stand up for myself, and when i first tried it, i didn't like the pony i became. but i've learned that standing up for yourself isn't the same as changing who you are. now i know how to put my hoof down without being unpleasant or mean
Kaboose
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:27 pm

Post by Kaboose »

same
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:20 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

Votecount 1.07

TheDominator37 ( 3 ) KTthecreeper; Not_Mafia; Kaboose;
Not_Mafia ( 3 ) TheDominator37; Froggaphant; All Alone;
A Simple Plan ( 1 ) OceanWind;
KTthecreeper ( 2 ) Huntress; A Simple Plan;
Froggaphant ( 0 )
OceanWind ( 0 )
Kaboose ( 0 )
All Alone ( 0 )
Huntress ( 0 )

Not voting:

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

Day 1 Deadline: (expired on 2015-11-30 01:47:35)

Prodding KTthecreeper3
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
A Simple Plan
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:23 pm

Post by A Simple Plan »

In post 192, OceanWind wrote:
In post 176, Not_Mafia wrote:Why is dom town?

How about you start explaining why he's scum? Your reads so far amounted to naked votes on Kaboose, me, and TheDominator. Some reasons to go with those votes would be great.

In post 188, A Simple Plan wrote:Wanting to end D1 in favor of a flip/flips and information isn't scummy, and getting upset about something that isn't alignment indicative and making a case on them for it is poor play as town

Here's the thing. What do we get out of ending D1 early in favor of a flip? We lynch someone and mafia kills someone. What then? We are back where we started with less players than before. If on the other hand, we utilize D1 to its fullest and then lynch, on D2, we'll have a day worth of information to analyze in light of the flips. I'll never understand people who insist that they can't scumhunt D1 and need flips before they can start.

In post 188, A Simple Plan wrote:I'm conflicted. This push seems like it's headed in the right direction, but feels really nit picky, like you were searching for a reason to go after Ocean.

If you are leaning town on me, why would a push on me be "headed in the right direction?"

In post 188, A Simple Plan wrote:I haven't forgotten about Ocean, All Alone, or Kaboose, but based on the above, I'm leaning town on Ocean and Kaboose. This suggests All Alone as scum with KT

Walk me through the logic again. You think KTthecreeper is scum. You lean town on me and Kaboose. You don't think TheDominator is scum with KTthecreeper. That leaves Froggaphant (null), Not_Mafia (null), Huntress (who you never make a mention of), and All Alone. How are you concluding that All Alone is KTthecreeper's partner as opposed to Not_Mafia, Froggaphant, or Huntress.

Huntress is the only person you don't mention at all in this wall. Why? What's your read on her?

Re: N_M: I like this line of questioning. Good push. What's your read on Not_Mafia right now?

Re: Kaboose: I don't necessarily read "get day-one over with" and "end it early for a flip" as the same thing. We can "get it over with" and still inquire about each other during the first day phase. The point he made was ending RVS ASAP to get through day one, whether that means reaching agreement on a lynch or working things out for the day phase. If we get to discussion faster, we can potentially get more out of day one, and potentially discover something damning about one of the players faster.

Re: Froggaphant's Push: It's a push in the right direction because asking questions that aren't trapping someone in is more beneficial than leading into a trap. This push toward you challenges the town leadership position everyone else has seemed content with letting you take and allows not only Froggaphant to read you, but everyone else to read your intentions better. When you posted to explain why Frog was wrong, you were establishing a firmer town read on yourself.

Re: Logic: Dom is basically at a null read, similar to NM. I'm struggling to read Dom, but I'm leaning slightly town (as I said in 188). My comment regarding All Alone as KT's partner was basically gut because I haven't ISO'd over half the game yet, and the entirety of All Alone's content is basically a terrible case on me, a Dom townread based upon meta, and jumping on the counter-wagon because of it. I don't know AA's meta, but I'm not impressed so far.

Re: Huntress: I knew I was forgetting someone... I'll take a look at her ISO, but based on the fact that we share a scum read on KT, very slight town lean. I'll take a look after thanksgiving dinner.

In post 193, OceanWind wrote:
A Simple Plan -
In your re-read, you missed my questions in .

I was doing my update by ISO instead of reread, and hadn't ISO'd you yet (still haven't, sorry!) as of May comments in 170, I was referring to not having a clear read on you myself. Still don't. Slight townread, but definitely not one I'm confident about.

I'm very curious about All Alone right now, and I'll take a look more after thanksgiving. The defense is meta, which I suppose I hold more value to than a lot of players, but I'm not impressed with the AA slot in general. Other reads of mine are in this post and in .

In post 194, Froggaphant wrote:Yeah, I want people voting Dom to explain that clearly. I'd like NM to explain anything - if this wasn't a micro I'd be less resistant to the urge to PL him.

Please come and engage with this slot if you are bored. Questions:

Who are you scum-reading and why?
Same for your top town-read
We've got 4 days to deadline - who could be your compromise lynch right now?

-b

-Scum read on KTtheCreeper. See .
-I don't have any incredibly strong town reads yet. I guess my top one is Dom, based on my scum read on KT and uncertainty about the others on that wagon. Leaning town on Ocean as well.
-Of the two top wagons, Not_Mafia, but I like my KT vote.
KTthecreeper
KTthecreeper
Goon
KTthecreeper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:44 am

Post by KTthecreeper »

You wanna know why I changed my read on Kaboose completely? Because what I thought was an alinement thing was really a playstyle thing so I thought that Kaboose was just playing how he normaly does. Ok now time to talk about Simple's reads on me.

Post 26

You really don't understand how annoyed I get when someone says "I don't like D1 lets just skip it" then people second that motion so I felt like I had to get passionate to get the message through.

Post 31

Its happening slowly but surely.

Post 36

Just trying to get an example through

Post 38

bro I mean't on my site half the people who say skip d1 are scum all I was trying to say.

Post 39

It annoyed me that everyone made the RVS vote and ran away.

Before I get into the next set of post you skiped like 70 pages witch I know I posted so it looks like your being pretty bias in this manner

Post 118

I looked through what kaboose said and he flat out said that its a playstyle thing and he had games to back him up. So I read the game a few more times and looked for the hidden scum in the pile of townies and saw Dom's game was off the kinda off that hes only that off when he plays scum so I went and thought *lets push him and see what happens* and Dom didn't really respond that much so I think Dom is scum instead of Kaboose

Post 145

What you call personal attack I call friendly joke ask Dom I'm pretty sure he got the idea the "3 mounth ban boy" was just a joke

Anyone confused what this post is its in responce to A Simple Plan's #188
KTthecreeper
KTthecreeper
Goon
KTthecreeper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:49 am

Post by KTthecreeper »

Post 73 and 74 is what changed my mind about Kaboose
Froggaphant
Froggaphant
Goon
Froggaphant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:16 pm

Post by Froggaphant »

UNVOTE:

No longer happy with this. Disappointed in the total lack of content from some slots . 3 days til deadline, wanna speed wagon a lurker ? ;)

-b
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:25 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Dom is the only viable wagon
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
OceanWind
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:34 pm

Post by OceanWind »

In post 195, Not_Mafia wrote:Pretty much anyone, except maybe you and kt

I want explanations for these. I agree that KTthecreeper and Froggaphant are probably town but these are boring reads. At least two other people (me and Kaboose) have mentioned townreads on them so far. What's
your
reasoning?

In post 203, A Simple Plan wrote:This push toward you challenges the town leadership position everyone else has seemed content with letting you take and allows not only Froggaphant to read you, but everyone else to read your intentions better. When you posted 110 to explain why Frog was wrong, you were establishing a firmer town read on yourself.

I like this thinking and the paranoia. I'm not sure anyone's "letting me take a leadership position" though. I feel like I'm posting content and most others are prod-dodging and ignoring most of the stuff in thread.

In post 206, Froggaphant wrote:No longer happy with this. Disappointed in the total lack of content from some slots . 3 days til deadline, wanna speed wagon a lurker ? ;)

I assume your reason for flipping on Not_Mafia is because of his post where he called you and KTthecreeper town and scumread TheDominator for being "cheeky." I find it weak and he's still on my radar. But I prefer All Alone at this point. Both have a lack of content but All Alone's posting seems more strategic.

UNVOTE: A Simple Plan
VOTE: All Alone
Kaboose
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:14 pm

Post by Kaboose »

Happy thanksgiving everyone. Let's try and figure something out tomorrow.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:29 pm

Post by Huntress »

In post 192, OceanWind wrote:I assume the push you don't like is my suspicion of Kaboose. I still disagree with you that KTthecreeper came off as the scummier of the two. Even now, I find KTthecreeper's posts a lot more aggressive and purposeful than most other players in the game. Kaboose looks shady by comparison especially with posts like 177. Beyond that, I have no reason to read anyone other than KTthecreeper and Froggaphant as town.

Not just on Kaboose. I think it's the way you ask questions. You make assumptions and it feels like you are trying to put words into people's mouths rather than just asking straightforward questions. For example, in you asked my why I disagreed with you and why I had Kaboose as town, neither of which I had said I did. I definitely didn't like your second push on Froggaphant, possibly the second highest poster in the thread at the time, which was quite unwarranted. Your later posts have been better though.

In post 192, OceanWind wrote:I find your "gut" scumread on me odd since I'm one of the few players that's actually posting content and disagrees with you while you haven't developed any reads anywhere else. But it fits with our early positions where we winded up on squarely opposite sides of the scuffle between KTthecreeper and Kaboose. I'd like to see more of your reads with reasons.

Why would your activity or our relative positions on other players give me a scum read on you? They don't. But this is another example of the kind of posting that gave me that gut read. You are trying to put your own spin on things rather than just asking.

In post 193, OceanWind wrote:Huntress - What games of mine have you read and what did you learn from them? Please also list out which player's pushes in this game you have liked so far and why.

All three of them, although partly just in ISO. But as I said earlier, there were no town games to compare them with so no clear alignment tells from them. I'll address your last sentence tomorrow.
OceanWind
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:09 pm

Post by OceanWind »

I didn't say you were scumreading me for my activity level. I said that I found your "gut" scumread on me odd since I was one of the only players pushing the game forward at that time. I typically experience "gut" scumreads when I'm too busy to be contributing a lot to the game and people get worried. Your read seemed out-of-place since that wasn't the case here. Most times when a player has a scumread on an active player, they are able to point out specific posts that bothered them because the content is there.

I tend to make assumptions about a player's reads and reasons when they are being extremely cagey like you are right now. You voted KTthecreeper when he started pushing Kaboose for his play D1. It was reasonable to assume that you were townreading Kaboose.

I guessed at your reasons for scumreading me because you didn't provide any. That's not putting a "spin" on things. If someone declares a read without explanation or casts a naked vote, they typically expect others to guess at their reasoning. If that wasn't your intention, you'd have explained it without being prompted.

Why didn't you like my push on Froggaphant?
All Alone
All Alone
Goon
All Alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:42 pm

Post by All Alone »

In post 208, OceanWind wrote:But I prefer All Alone at this point. Both have a lack of content but All Alone's posting seems more strategic.

That's because my posting is more strategic. How in the bright purple piss is that a scumtell? Like, if I roll town I throw darts to decide what play to make, but if I get a red PM I crack out the Prima's Official Guide to Forum Mafia?

Froggaphant wrote:UNVOTE:

No longer happy with this. Disappointed in the total lack of content from some slots . 3 days til deadline, wanna speed wagon a lurker ? ;)

-b

My preferred lynchpool here is (NM, ASP, Huntress) anyways, so I'm hypocritically okay with this
dear princess celestia, sometimes it can be hard for a shy pony like me to stand up for myself, and when i first tried it, i didn't like the pony i became. but i've learned that standing up for yourself isn't the same as changing who you are. now i know how to put my hoof down without being unpleasant or mean
TheDominator37
TheDominator37
Mafia Scum
TheDominator37
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:42 am

Post by TheDominator37 »

In post 207, Not_Mafia wrote:Dom is the only viable wagon

Why.
You are much viable to lynch.
Kaboose
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:30 am

Post by Kaboose »

We're approaching 10 pages of content, and ASP is averaging less than a post per page.

What are people's thoughts on this right now? Does it matter?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:34 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 214, Kaboose wrote:Does it matter?

No
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
TheDominator37
TheDominator37
Mafia Scum
TheDominator37
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:27 am

Post by TheDominator37 »

KT never tryhards like that...
VOTE: KT
TheDominator37
TheDominator37
Mafia Scum
TheDominator37
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:28 am

Post by TheDominator37 »

Actually nvm.
That's null
VOTE: not_mafia
OceanWind
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:02 am

Post by OceanWind »

In post 212, All Alone wrote:That's because my posting is more strategic. How in the bright purple piss is that a scumtell?

Strategic in that your play doesn't seem genuine. When A Simple Plan voted KTthecreeper, you voted him for not seeming concerned with why KTthecrepper was passionate. You never revisited that scumread or interacted or engaged with A Simple Plan's posts.

When TheDominator got wagoned, you linked two of his past games as a reason he wasn't scum and voted the counterwagon. You declined my request to elaborate on this. You took no position on Not_Mafia's posts beyond "counterwagon to a townread." You declined to post any reads whatsoever and I can't track if your thought processes evolved over time.

Posts like are concerning because you don't have the drive to figure out the game or question who you are voting. You are happy to just sit on your votes.

In post 212, All Alone wrote:My preferred lynchpool here is (NM, ASP, Huntress) anyways, so I'm hypocritically okay with this

Why Huntress?

In post 214, Kaboose wrote:We're approaching 10 pages of content, and ASP is averaging less than a post per page. What are people's thoughts on this right now? Does it matter?

Does it matter to you? What do
you
make of it? I thought A Simple Plan's latest walls looked town. He also posted a lot more in those walls than most. You are counting the number of posts but not taking into account how much content is in those posts.
Kaboose
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:50 am

Post by Kaboose »

OW can have my vote. Whoever he wants, myself included. Let's lynch someone.
OceanWind
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:43 pm

Post by OceanWind »

@Kaboose -
How did you go from here:
In post 168, Kaboose wrote:OW you're reaching. Why are you reaching? Reaching is bad, especially on D1 because like, what are you actually reaching for?

to here:
In post 219, Kaboose wrote:OW can have my vote. Whoever he wants, myself included. Let's lynch someone.

If you were scumreading me, why would you want to sheep me of all people instead of someone you are townreading?

I don't want you to sheep me. I want you to help me figure out your alignment. I do want to know what your read on A Simple Plan is and why you are just floating suspicion of him and asking whether it matters to other people instead of taking a position and explaining how it matters to you.

There are about four to five people who I think could be scum and that's just not good.

All Alone and could be scum. Huntress could be scum. Not_Mafia could be scum. I'm a little less enthused about TheDominator wagon based on how sticky it is but he's not a townread. You could easily be scum. Essentially everyone except Froggaphant, KTthecreeper, and A Simple Plan. Unfortunately, at least three of those five people are town and it's just not clear who because no one seems interested in contributing, taking stances, giving reasoning or pushing the game forward.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:46 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

Votecount 1.07

TheDominator37 ( 3 ) KTthecreeper; Not_Mafia; Kaboose;
Not_Mafia ( 2 ) All Alone; TheDominator37;
A Simple Plan ( 0 )
KTthecreeper ( 2 ) Huntress; A Simple Plan;
Froggaphant ( 0 )
OceanWind ( 0 )
Kaboose ( 0 )
All Alone ( 1 ) OceanWind;
Huntress ( 0 )

Not voting: Froggaphant;

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

Day 1 Deadline: (expired on 2015-11-30 01:47:35)
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Kaboose
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:08 pm

Post by Kaboose »

The best you're going to get from me today is sheeping. I find someone I feel I can trust and I follow.

Also where did I say I was scum reading you? I liked how you answered a question and so I'm happy sheeping you for the rest of the day unless someone says something much better or you start saying really bad things.
KTthecreeper
KTthecreeper
Goon
KTthecreeper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:24 pm

Post by KTthecreeper »

Ok so I think Som is our best lynch here from my personal experiance he only acts like this as scum and if you pull a game from this site I will call BS because the last game he played on site was in July and I know hes changed since then so lets lynch dom have the day end with a lurker/troll and get all the info D2
KTthecreeper
KTthecreeper
Goon
KTthecreeper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:24 pm

Post by KTthecreeper »

In post 223, KTthecreeper wrote:Ok so I think Som is our best lynch here from my personal experiance he only acts like this as scum and if you pull a game from this site I will call BS because the last game he played on site was in July and I know hes changed since then so lets lynch dom have the day end with a lurker/troll and get all the info D2

Dom* Dom* Dom*

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”