Micro 549: Everything Is A Lie 2 (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:47 am

Post by lilith2013 »

My reasons are completely unrelated to anything Postie has said.

If you'll recall, I'm an IC. Do you think wgeurts would put two ICs in the same game and have them be the same alignment? I know I'm town. Ergo, you are probably scum.

I would really like to townread you, GL. But the chances of you being town are slim.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:49 am

Post by vonflare »

I'm pretty sure flubber is scum. Here's my reasoning:

he said to me that I have to tell the truth, or I'll be modkilled. I said 'flubber is scum'. I wasnt modkilled, so:

1) Flubber was telling the truth and is scum.
2) Flubber was lying and of unknown alignment.

So no matter which interpretation you believe, its either he's confscum or likely scum.
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Any/all

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:53 am

Post by Postie »

"Flubber is scum" is an opinion though. Do we know if it works for opinions?
Discourse is fleeting, but junk mail is forever.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:54 am

Post by Davsto »

See, now that Flubber's scaled back his role from "modkilled" to "actually I just meant killed", I think it's fair to say it's waaayyy more likely for it to be a regular claim.

Or it's his "actual" role and the setup is lying to him.

Do you want me to point out that, again, lying about this on purpose would be stupid because it's hilariously easy to disprove?
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:55 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 602, Postie wrote:"Flubber is scum" is an opinion though. Do we know if it works for opinions?

its not an opinion, it is a statement that is either true or false
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:55 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

So Lilith you're voting me because you don't think there are two ICs? Aka mechanics in a bastard game? That's either scum or stupid, you're just as confirmed as I am.

If you're also IC, then I think wgeurts probably would do it
for this exact reason
. My role is stupid as shit as it's entirely designed to make me a mislynch, which is why I've avoided talking about my role as long as possible.

You all are just gonna listen to mechanics when I have repeatedly said doing so is a terrible idea in a game specifically designed to be as bastard as possible.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:56 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 603, Davsto wrote:See, now that Flubber's scaled back his role from "modkilled" to "actually I just meant killed", I think it's fair to say it's waaayyy more likely for it to be a regular claim.

Or it's his "actual" role and the setup is lying to him.

Do you want me to point out that, again, lying about this on purpose would be stupid because it's hilariously easy to disprove?

I don't know what his motivation was, all I know is that, logically, he is either scum, or lying (which indicates likely scum)
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Any/all

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:57 am

Post by Postie »

In post 604, vonflare wrote:
its not an opinion, it is a statement that is either true or false

Yes, but he said you'd be killed for lying. Lies are intentionally false statements, and you weren't saying something intentionally false.
Discourse is fleeting, but junk mail is forever.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:43 am

Post by shos »

lilith2013 is an Innocent-Child, aligned with the Town.

Just reminding this is from p1.
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:45 am

Post by shos »

I can live with either a GuiltyLion lynch or a Flubber.

both claims suck ass.

GL, do you remember that I am in the masonry? how comes you're claiming mason then?

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:04 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I was masons with Shiro, this was established before and after her flip.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:05 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

No one is reading the damn game
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:08 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

Sorry if you all don't believe my claim but my role is my role and there's nothing I can do it to change it
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:33 am

Post by lilith2013 »

That's interesting, because the extra result PM I got last night would beg to differ.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:47 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

So you got a pm that says "GL is scum"

In a game called "everything is a lie"

and you believe that I'm scum.

This town isn't doing any scumhunting, everyone's just making shit up, believing things that wgeurts says, and completely ignoring motive or wagons. It's frustrating and stupid and I feel like my role exists solely for scum to use to get me lynched. I'll post my final reads when I hit L-1, til then there's no point to me posting because everyone just ignores what I say and makes up terrible mechanic based reasons to accuse/vote people.

Can we talk again about how Postie saying "I know GL is scum but I'm not gonna claim cause it will harm town" is the scummiest shit I've ever seen, especially when she gave no push on me until halfway through D3 when it was clear I was pushing her and she couldn't respond to any of my points.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:50 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

And if you wanna talk about shitty mechanics based reasoning, can we talk again about how dong was a cop and both Postie and Shos claim they can identify people's alignments.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:18 am

Post by lilith2013 »

Actually, the PM I got gave me your role, not your alignment. I voted you because I was fairly sure wgeurts wouldn't have made your role town, then you admitted your role was WIFOM-y so I thought that was evidence you were town and unvoted you. Then you went and claimed a role that has negative utility to town and I don't know why you'd do that unless you're scum.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:20 am

Post by Davsto »

If you know his role, how does what he has claimed have anything to do with it? His role is his role, surely?
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:25 am

Post by lilith2013 »

My PM said that he's a role-forger, meaning he becomes whatever he claims in-thread.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:33 am

Post by Davsto »

Nice.

VOTE: GuiltyLion

People who give themselves anti-town roles intentionally are super duper likely to be scum. The Innocent Child bit in particular sounds just too much like scum.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:37 am

Post by lilith2013 »

That's exactly my thinking as well.

And that's L-1 on GL.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:39 am

Post by shos »

In post 610, GuiltyLion wrote:I was masons with Shiro, this was established before and after her flip.

Shiro was not town.
last game's masons were both not town.

I am reading the game.

shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:49 am

Post by shos »

Wait.

I have an idea to test all this.

GL, cobfirm whether or not you were a role forger who just made this (town?) role. Do tgat so we can see if Lil is lying. Then I will co tinue

GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:03 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

I am not a role forger. If I were a role forger I'd claim doc or cop or JOAT or something and give myself a ton of utility. Town role forger would be broken as fuck.

Either Lilith is lying about her pm or the pm itself was a lie.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:16 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

Anyway final reads since it's clear I'm the scum designated lynch for today

Davsto - town as hell, do not lynch
vonflare - has done nothing but look town to me
Flubber - flubber feels like lynchbait today and if you read his completed games he always plays like this, I think he's probably town
Lilith - I'm reading Lilith as VI town, she makes insightful questions and points but her claim about my role is wrong, I think she just got a false PM and believed it
shos - I think he's coasting scum. All he does is say someone 'sucks ass' and vote them. And his push on Lilith was terrible IMO, then he's down to vote me when she does? Inconsistent and scummy
Postie - obvscum. When I flip janitored, you have to believe me that I'm town and lynch her ASAP. This shit about softing a role but not claiming it just tops the charts for scumminess

Anyway I've had a few beers so happy thanksgiving all, if by some miracle I'm not lynched then I'll be back tonight I guess

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”