Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:46 pm

Post by Jake from State Farm »

You, fire, and suzune are scum, Haven't you been paying attention?

Riddle me this batman. How can you say I haven't sId anything yet I've named the entire scum team? Obviously I've said something...
Show
Things I've learned.
1. It's just a game, have fun.
2. Don't waste time on people who think you are scum. Ignore them and keep scum hunting.
3. Don't take everything so personal.
4. Tunneling sucks (unfortunately I can't seem to stop)
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:55 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Yeah, I'm honestly not really buying this whole double confirmed scum shenanigans, though I do think that the Keyser slot could easily be scum independently.
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:18 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 675, Jake from State Farm wrote:You, fire, and suzune are scum, Haven't you been paying attention?

Riddle me this batman. How can you say I haven't sId anything yet I've named the entire scum team? Obviously I've said something...

If you named the entire Scum team, then what's with "You, fire, and suzune are scum"?

I'm not Scum. I'm pretty sure there's Scum on my wagon and right now you are the best choice.
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:19 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 676, RadiantCowbells wrote:Yeah, I'm honestly not really buying this whole double confirmed scum shenanigans, though I do think that the Keyser slot could easily be scum independently.

It isn't.
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:39 pm

Post by Suzune »

Okay, I need a speed post because I have work soon and I want to place some ideas down on this game. I have not finished reading the topic but I have read the first 15ish pages. Listen, this game is really hard to read, either everyone tries to jump on the same person, or they talk about nothing for long periods of time. There is a lot of discussion about whether people should say something is pro-town or that someone is scum. This is more of a play style thing. I tend to place people in categories about whether or not their individual actions ring scummy or townie. This works well because I can see the number of things that tip the scale. Therefore, I do not find it alignment indicative either way for people to do that.

The slot I replaced in as has a lot of weird stuff going on with it. So that is something that I will probably spend a lot of the game trying to get over. If you would like clarification or my response to anything I will do that, you need just ask. Otherwise, I am going to try to forge my own path through this game.

Early game things I noticed was that the current train is built on something weird. I mean, sure do not get me wrong Kling is always scum, but the reason that this train took off is silly. I have seem in many many games people joke about alignment and who must be aligned with them because of this, that or that one game. That is a terrible scum tell and acts more as fluff then anything. It gages reaction however, the reaction was not poor in the least. Strange yes but poor. As it was my slot that said it, what can I say. Personally, I am stiff and do not make jokes so it is hard for me to read the tone. However, I think it was more of a small general push as opposed to a comment. Judging a slot of one comment since most of the votes on it are not revised in a while is foolish. Bascially you give the scum a free hit because no one is thinking about it. I hate to say that, but it is advantageous for the scum if the discussion lingers on one for a long time. That train has existed for a while too which is suspicious.

Right now there are dueling trains, generally speaking when two trains are close in length one is usually scum. So depending on the flip we look to gain a lot of information from the flip.

Some stand out comments.
For me personally, I believe that Mathilda is town. She is logical and looks at the reasons behind the interactions. I do not understand Aneninen vote on that slot right now. It mean it almost seems like a safe place vote. There is no chance that train is going to leave the station so you are safe there avoiding the push back from other players.

The other thing that really stood out to me was Frozen's nitpicking of things that seem trivial. Long ago when I started playing this game people said that scum do not need ot scumhunt because they already know the answers. It was not until I had played many games that I understood this. Bascially it is the scum's job to find mistakes in other people's stories. I find that Angel has to backpeddel a lot and this makes me suspect her as scum, also their notions about what makes people townie and not townie are also odd. I will add on this when I get home from work today. However, right now I am favoring an Angel flip. Which is now apparently Firebringer. As fairness to Firebringer, I will withold a vote until I finish reading this topic, however, Angel was my early scum ping.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:07 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 676, RadiantCowbells wrote:Yeah, I'm honestly not really buying this whole double confirmed scum shenanigans, though I do think that the Keyser slot could easily be scum independently.

keysers behavior here mirror flavorless fun so i'm leaning that he is scum. I am unsure about linx through as the person is cancer and has done this over multiple games.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:34 pm

Post by Aneninen »

In post 649, Klingoncelt wrote:Hi, I'm here.
Please remove your votes for me until I have a chance to catch up and redeem my slot, thanks.

Hi, Klingonette!

I don't think anyone will vote for you until you've produced some useful content.

In post 655, Klingoncelt wrote:Anen was in that game, and I think RC too. I was observing. It's the only time I ever saw Scum request postgame that the Scum PT remain hidden. It was finally released after very very heavy editing.

Yeah, NY 185. Although I wasn't there for a long time so I don't remember too much things. (Got Killed at Night2.) RC was there too.

In post 655, Klingoncelt wrote:I'm pretty sure that if Lhix were Scum he would have been insta-banned for it.

TheLhix got banned, but maybe regardless of this. The thread says "banned as a troll account".
That neither confirms nor denies anything about that post.

In post 666, Klingoncelt wrote:So basically what we have here is a troll claimed Scum and claimed that my predecessor was his partner. If that were true, Lhix would have been modkilled immediately.

Not essentially. As far as I've experienced, Mods/List Mods/Site Mods are making their decisions in an unpredictable way and with an unknown latency. Maybe because they don't want to give us any information about ongoing games.
(Wow, Achievement Unlocked! I've just tried to outguess the Site Mods!)

In post 671, Jake from State Farm wrote:Fine let's do it.

Mod posts in thread that fire is replacing in on 11/30 at 1:22 pm
Fire posts in thread same day at 1:23 pm
Mod posts in replacement que that he filled the FA slot and still needed one for keyser and lhix at 1:40 that same day (thus proving your explanation you just posted is false)
Mod edits OP at 9:45 pm (per timestamp) to replace keyser with kling on the player list
Mod posts in replacement thread at 9:46 pm that kling replaced keyser but never posts that in the game thread (that's more then 8 hours so no way mod had both of you taking the FA slot)
Mod officially announces kling replacing keyser on 12/1 at 12:00 pm

Nice try kling, but no I'm not wrong at all. Im 100% accurate

Jake.
That still doesn't prove anything.
Long ago I tunnelled Antihero in a game because I doubted he could have read and answer my post in less than 1 minutes. (Actually he did it. Both of us were town.)
In another game I attacked someone for getting info about the forthcoming replacement before it appeared in the game. It had been in the Replacement Thread though, but it had been a relatively new post. (I don't remember quite well but I think I Vigged that slot later. Both of us were town. Generally speaking, keep your fingers crossed for me not being a Town-Killing-PR.)

In post 672, Klingoncelt wrote:VOTE: Jake from State Farm
104 posts where he basically says nada. He can't be Town.

FZZZZZZZZZZZZT.
Need I pigeon you?

I think the same about the TheLhix slot.
And why have we forgotten about Mathilda, by the way?

Going on soon.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:46 pm

Post by Aneninen »

Hi, Suzune!

(1) You were saying
"Listen, this game is really hard to read, either everyone tries to jump on the same person, or they talk about nothing for long periods of time."
AND mentioning Frozen/Firebringer and me... two players who had actually been doing something different. Wow-la!
(2) This
"Early game things I noticed was that the current train is built on something weird. I mean, sure do not get me wrong Kling is always scum, but the reason that this train took off is silly."
is whut?
(3) This
"Right now there are dueling trains, generally speaking when two trains are close in length one is usually scum."
is wrong.
(4)
"I do not understand Aneninen vote on that slot right now. It mean it almost seems like a safe place vote."
And I wish that wagon were growing.

By the way I think you're scum with Mathilda.

In post 680, Garmr wrote:I am unsure about linx through as the person is cancer and has done this over multiple games.

Are you allowed to explain?

Oh, and my intuition feels something terrible. What if we're in a 9:2:2?
Mathilda
Mathilda
Goon
Mathilda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:06 pm

Post by Mathilda »

In post 666, Klingoncelt wrote:
With a big swig from the stupid bottle Town decided that Keysor's response was the scummiest thing they ever did read while neglecting to acknowledge truly scummy posts that they made themselves.

Not all the townies.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:12 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 682, Aneninen wrote:Hi, Suzune!

(1) You were saying
"Listen, this game is really hard to read, either everyone tries to jump on the same person, or they talk about nothing for long periods of time."
AND mentioning Frozen/Firebringer and me... two players who had actually been doing something different. Wow-la!
(2) This
"Early game things I noticed was that the current train is built on something weird. I mean, sure do not get me wrong Kling is always scum, but the reason that this train took off is silly."
is whut?
(3) This
"Right now there are dueling trains, generally speaking when two trains are close in length one is usually scum."
is wrong.
(4)
"I do not understand Aneninen vote on that slot right now. It mean it almost seems like a safe place vote."
And I wish that wagon were growing.

By the way I think you're scum with Mathilda.

In post 680, Garmr wrote:I am unsure about linx through as the person is cancer and has done this over multiple games.

Are you allowed to explain?

Oh, and my intuition feels something terrible. What if we're in a 9:2:2?

can't say ongoing games.
Mathilda
Mathilda
Goon
Mathilda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:19 pm

Post by Mathilda »

In post 681, Aneninen wrote:
In post 655, Klingoncelt wrote:I'm pretty sure that if Lhix were Scum he would have been insta-banned for it.

TheLhix got banned, but maybe regardless of this. The thread says "banned as a troll account".
That neither confirms nor denies anything about that post.

If Lhix is scum and outs a scumbuddy then that's an instant ban according to klingoncelt, and rightly so.

But if Lhix is town and outs someone else as a scumbuddy, regardless of their alignment, and does not get removed from the game then he has been mod confirmed as town.

The mod has no choice but to remove Lhix from the game regardless of his alignment. And it's only right that Lhix is banned for it otherwise that could also be construed as confirmation of his slot's alignment by the site mods.

In post 681, Aneninen wrote:
And why have we forgotten about Mathilda, by the way?

I'm now a has-been :(

:]
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:25 pm

Post by Garmr »

wow just wow that's bs I just noticed something after exploring linxs ISO i'm replacing out even if it is a fucking lie it sets my slot up for a lynch in the future and I refuse to play in a situation were i get trolled like that so this is my fuck you to linx.

In post 82, TheLhix wrote:

Kill me and the damn fairy dogs

In post 92, TheLhix wrote:
In post 91, Jake from State Farm wrote:No he's not. Just checked

Maybe not. But we can still perform a multiple on the fairy dog from the seventh level

I noticed he said fairy dogs and it hit me the fucker is trying to set up my slot for a mislynch. Originally I thought it was keyser alone then when I read the seventh level I realized he was talking about hell. Where my name garmr comes from the dog that guards hell from norse fairy tales.

The mod should of terminated this game but I guess the mod is inexperienced and didn't know what to do i'm out.

I'm a vanilla town as well btw I'm so pissed someone would do that.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:30 pm

Post by Aneninen »

I think you're over-reacting right now, Garmr.
You must know more about TheLhix than I do, or at least, I think it's simply trolling.

By the way, thanks for the info, I've never heard of the Garmr name before. (Although I know a couple of fairies personally.)
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:44 pm

Post by Aneninen »

Oh come on, this is a game and we are here to enjoy it!

How about this?

A – I'm VT
B – I'm not VT
C – I'm Serial Killer with Wgeurts, Killer Bob and Richard Feynman
D – I love doing housework
E – If you read this message right, you can find out my PR
F – If you read this message left, you can find out my PR
G – X+3 < X
H – Exactly three points are true, all the others are false.

Have Fun! ^_^
Mathilda
Mathilda
Goon
Mathilda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:56 pm

Post by Mathilda »

You love doing housework??
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:09 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 679, Suzune wrote:However, right now I am favoring an Angel flip. Which is now apparently Firebringer. As fairness to Firebringer, I will withold a vote until I finish reading this topic, however, Angel was my early scum ping.

I don't see the point of this. If you think the slot is scum, the player holding the slot is scum too.
You don't need to withhold a vote for pleasantries to me.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:10 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 672, Klingoncelt wrote:VOTE: Jake from State Farm

104 posts where he basically says nada. He can't be Town.

Yeah, besides Jake being figuratively insane this game. I can't see his push on me, you, and Suzune being one from a scum point of view.

It doesn't make sense to push this aggressively on three players for his weak reasoning unless he legit believes his own nonsense.

I think he is town. Although misdirected town.
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:13 pm

Post by Aneninen »

In post 689, Mathilda wrote:You love doing housework??

^^
She's not a girl who misses much
Mathilda
Mathilda
Goon
Mathilda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:17 pm

Post by Mathilda »

Well I'm now leaning Garmr as town. He did not have to tell us that Lhix had trolled him as well. I certainly missed it, Lhix's comment about fairy dogs was just odd when I read it. If Garmr was scum it would have been easier to hope that no one spotted it than to invite scrutiny.

And if Lhix was scum outing a fellow scumbuddy then why go on to try and analyse Garmr's alignment in #491?

Basically I think we should just ignore what Lhix has said. His being banned or him trolling says nothing about his alignment and therefore we cannot know whether or not he was either scum outing fellow scumbuddies, scum throwing himself and townies under a bus or town trolling / testing for reactions.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:30 pm

Post by Garmr »

I might stay just got to calm down. I'm pretty angry someone would do this to me when I'm town I have a really bad town win rate and i been trying to improve I don't need this shit now.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:22 am

Post by Jake from State Farm »

In post 677, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 675, Jake from State Farm wrote:You, fire, and suzune are scum, Haven't you been paying attention?

If you named the entire Scum team, then what's with "You, fire, and suzune are scum"?

I'm not Scum. I'm pretty sure there's Scum on my wagon and right now you are the best choice.

That's the entire scum team obviously
Show
Things I've learned.
1. It's just a game, have fun.
2. Don't waste time on people who think you are scum. Ignore them and keep scum hunting.
3. Don't take everything so personal.
4. Tunneling sucks (unfortunately I can't seem to stop)
InputPrimary
InputPrimary
Goon
InputPrimary
Goon
Goon

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:47 am

Post by InputPrimary »

Firebringer's reaction to Jake is really bad here. Jake's logic is perfectly valid, though drawn out to a pretty extreme conclusion. A normal response from Fire would be something like "Oops, I misread," not arguing for pages about it. Of course, the only way Fire legitimately scum slipped is if the team is exactly Fire/Kling/Suzune which I'm not really buying. But I think there's a decent chance that Jake accidentally caught scum for the wrong reason and Fire panicked. He reads like scum who is annoyed he was caught for the wrong reason, not like town who made a mistake.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:50 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 696, InputPrimary wrote:Firebringer's reaction to Jake is really bad here. Jake's logic is perfectly valid, though drawn out to a pretty extreme conclusion. A normal response from Fire would be something like "Oops, I misread," not arguing for pages about it. Of course, the only way Fire legitimately scum slipped is if the team is exactly Fire/Kling/Suzune which I'm not really buying. But I think there's a decent chance that Jake accidentally caught scum for the wrong reason and Fire panicked. He reads like scum who is annoyed he was caught for the wrong reason, not like town who made a mistake.

This is right here is what we call a moron.
Show

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:54 am

Post by Firebringer »

If you say someones logic is valid, then I don't know how you can say that they are also wrong.

Like you say I am scum for different reasons. Okay. But that means his logical way of getting their is by definition, wrong.

You can get to right answer with wrong premises.
But you can't say its "logically valid"....just *facepalm*
Show

InputPrimary
InputPrimary
Goon
InputPrimary
Goon
Goon

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:56 am

Post by InputPrimary »

Logically valid and logically sound are different things.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”