talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:05 am

Post by talah »

In post 341, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 333, ICEninja wrote:I'll quit joining games you're in.

You play what, one game a year? :lol:

I came off of a very emotionally invested game, warcraft 3 mafia. When you pour that much of your life force into putting yourself into people's skin to think how they think, controlling every aspect of the thread from the pacing, to the votes, to the emotional state of other players...it's extremely exhausting.

I don't put out that kind of energy in every game. In fact, I usually have a cooldown period.

This is what usually happens, I join three games, and one of them takes off and I'm fully engaged with it while the others I simply follow my process. I make observe, I sheep bandwagons, I annoy players. That's just how it is.

Even without emotionally investing myself, I trust my judgment when it comes to my voting. I am effective either way. Sometimes, I get lynched for not bringing enough energy into the game. You have to pay the cost to be the boss. I live for the moments where I am completely obsessed with the game, when I find that sweet spot. That's the best I have to offer to this game. Worth the other games where I'm low energy and skimming.

Best post NA.
Any thoughts on the um... alignments of other players in this game?

I mean I know it's a derp question but the post above is probably more suited to the Mafia Discussion thread or GTKAS.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:09 am

Post by mykonian »

votecount

Wickan (4): JohnnyFarrar, Frozen Angel, ICEninja
Titus (2): Taly, RadiantCowbells
ICEninja (2): Albert B. Rampage, Titus
Albert B. Rampage (1): talah
JohnnyFarrar (1): A Simple Plan
Taly (1): Wickan

not voting (0):
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:11 am

Post by Titus »

In post 399, talah wrote:
In post 395, Taly wrote:talah is nulltown at best because she hasn't added anything beyond FA, Ice, or Wickan - or in general, beyond several pages ago.

Sheesh, talk about your arrows to the heart. And here I was thinking we had nice confident townreads going on one another.

Anyway, I've done a bit more than that actually. I have JohnnyF as town, you as town, Titus townleaning and ABR some nullscum bullshit I can't read unless he decides to play the game. Simple Plan might be lurker-scum.

RC can be town just on principle. I don't see any deceptiveness coming from that area.
Ice I'm going to put back to null for now but I have some interest in getting something better. I've just been lazy and busy.
Frozen I might be mistaken on as scum but I'm keeping an eye on it.

I'll add to that, that what I'm seeing from Titus appears to be classic Titus town play - very little explanation you can actually follow and attempting to lead town with bravado. Surprisingly her possible-scumpool has both ICE and A Simple Plan in it - and although I'd prefer Frozen and ABR in there as well - realistically I'm rethinking both ICE and Frozen so I don't really have a beef with her.

So that's where I'm up to right now. Also I'm probably going to be casual / sporadic with this game I've decided (and this may just be a general playstyle change for me so that I can play mafia consistently rather than in huge work-heavy spurts), so get used to it.

Good scum don't lie Talah. The fact you're needing deceptiveness to have a scumread is a problem in your play. Recall Gundam Seed. I was largely townread, until I started getting cute and saying I had extra shots.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:17 am

Post by talah »

Lying isn't the same as deceptiveness. But I'll take it on board.
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:29 am

Post by ICEninja »

Titus, I just realized I've been referring to you as "he". My bad, I should know better since we've played together before.
Wickan wrote:
ICE: if you knew for a fact that I was town, would you still find Titus scummy at all? Your suspicion of Titus seems mostly (though not completely) dependent on his defense of me.

2 days ago I'd say no, you being town would severely reduce suspicion of Titus. Lately, Titus has seemed more scummy on her own.

RC wrote:
VOTE: Wicked

Um, there's nobody in this game by that name.

Holy hell, that's some intense buddying. I'm inclined to be suspicious but it almost seems too blatant; personally as scum I try to be more subtle about my buddying.

This game is starting to stall. We have a severely divided town with a handful of people feeling very strongly about something, but very little general consensus. Simple Plan has, for all intents and purposes, not yet posted in this game. Something has to give.

Someone give me a short case of why I should vote someone other than Titus or Wickan, because right now I don't see myself voting anyone else nor does it look like I'll be able to convince 6 people to vote for Wickan.

Mod, I only count 3 voting for Wickan
Town: 14 wins, 14 losses
Scum: 3 wins, 2 losses
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:46 am

Post by Titus »

@Talah, Let's talk out Ice.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Wickan
Wickan
Goon
Wickan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:49 am

Post by Wickan »

Short case: Taly's , his attempts to insist that his discussion w/ you were TvT and his buddying up to you, and going all the way back to his unvote on me early on, removing pressure. Although he does seem to have dropped the townread on you recently (not sure why, as I'm not sure what you've done differently that prompted it). (Taly will promptly dispute that he ever had a townread on you, but I honestly don't know how else to read 110)

See also my for the short case on RC (although slightly out of date, I think most of it still holds)

Also @ICE: see my question above on the Titus wagon. Is it primarily driven by Titus not explaining her reads?
Wickan
Wickan
Goon
Wickan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:52 am

Post by Wickan »

In post 312, talah wrote:
Dunno, I don't really like it. Also goes back to ABR's comment (somewhat surprisingly) that scum with daytalk would tend to be more talkative rather than less (whether I strictly agree with that or not ehhhhh).

I know you haven't mentioned this since you switched your vote over, but is this part of your scumread on Albert, or is it almost entirely due to the lurking (or something else)?
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:37 am

Post by talah »

In post 407, Wickan wrote:
In post 312, talah wrote:
Dunno, I don't really like it. Also goes back to ABR's comment (somewhat surprisingly) that scum with daytalk would tend to be more talkative rather than less (whether I strictly agree with that or not ehhhhh).

I know you haven't mentioned this since you switched your vote over, but is this part of your scumread on Albert, or is it almost entirely due to the lurking (or something else)?

I hadn't really thought about that particular comment in terms of ABR's motivation to post it, but it was a leading question to Taly which I immediately knew the implication of anyway.
(That being that scum with daytalk available to them would tend to be more active in-thread. So in effect he was disputing Taly's take on scum being more likely to lurk having daytalk. However that's not necessarily the case I don't think and it depends on the scumteam. There can be really unmotivated scum who don't talk much in their thread despite having the facility to do so.)

Here are the quotes:

In post 154, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 87, Taly wrote:I actually think if ABR is purposely lurking it could be a scum-tell... You know... given that the mod confirmed on the first post that mafia did have 72 hours of daytalk.

I doubt the most active people in this game are scum.

What's the theory behind this?
In post 156, Albert B. Rampage wrote:More specifically, what's the connection between 72 hour daytalk and low activity from scum?

And actually thinking about it he's done this a couple of times then - saying something which doesn't really have a point immediately but rather requires a response from the other player to an obvious implication. (ie - "I have an opinion on this but it's not really stated and when you respond, I can make the actual point so it gives me something to refer to next time I post if I need it".) Also a possible stalling tactic.

So yeah that could be another indication he's scum but I hadn't really thought about it. I mainly wanted more game-related content from him since lurking is a totally valid strategy, and I can't get a read (aside from might be scum) with what he's provided so far.
He played a bit differently as scum in TSMD Mafia but he was picked really quickly by a combination of Molla / ika and Syryana I think, and when he had attention on him he got really awkwardly jokey (which I'm also seeing here) - so he may be trying not to be so serious this game and see if that works.

---
In post 405, Titus wrote:@Talah, Let's talk out Ice.

I don't really have time right now (it's getting toward 6.30am Friday and I gotta go to work), but I can give you my mental notes.

Firstly I didn't really like his pushes on Wickan and Taly. And I must say I didn't read in depth much of the wallks they'd posted but I felt that Taly was pretty much obvtowning from what I remember of his play.
(note to self I need to check out Taly's 3rd party play)
However, I can perhaps see that as legitimate attempts to sort Taly since he doesn't have to have the same read as me and obviously won't have the same reasons.

Secondly I didn't like how he switched back on me with an argument like "well maybe you really WERE after a speedlynch". I felt it was not thought through and didn't match any of the evidence in the thread, and could have been just a maneuvre to open up another line of suspicion since Frozen was obviously not gaining any support.
I believe he responded to that though, saying he is going to be constantly checking his reads - which is fine and townish enough. It was the lack of thought in the supposition that irked me, though.

Aside from that I have (or had) a general feeling that his reads aren't really becoming clarified. Look I understand that especially as a game goes on sometimes reads *don't* get easier, especially because you're only going to be right in a certain amount of cases, but Day 1 I think optimal lynches should be considered and I don't think your lynch-pool would be getting greyer and greyer. Anyway that point there is mainly feeling. I actually like his most recent post and that's after I'd been doing some reflection on whether his posting was actually coming from a more town perspective. I'm prepared to start thinking about consensus/compromise at this stage.

Sorry that's a bit all over the place but I need to get ready for work and I woke up at like 1am and couldn't get back to sleep O.o
Happy to have your feedback.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:10 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

In post 408, talah wrote:And actually thinking about it he's done this a couple of times then - saying something which doesn't really have a point immediately but rather requires a response from the other player to an obvious implication. (ie - "I have an opinion on this but it's not really stated and when you respond, I can make the actual point so it gives me something to refer to next time I post if I need it".) Also a possible stalling tactic.

So did anyone ever actually respond to that or not?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:54 am

Post by talah »

What are your reads?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:08 am

I digged this gem up:

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=60469

Check my iso. I have the same discussions every off game. Still won.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:11 am

I have a process for getting engaged with games. Until then, I use my vote same like anyone else. I think Ice is scum, my vote is on him.
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:18 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 384, Titus wrote:FA, we're both town lols. Your vote still sucks.

I'm not so sure. but I'm certain you two have some connections. it could be a simple strong meta read though ... :/ But the point is you two had no games before this. how are you so sure about him?

and my vote don't sucks. its on my strongest read atm. whats your problem with that?

In post 396, Wickan wrote:
In post 365, Frozen Angel wrote:
- accusing others is not scummy. being offensive when people are accusing you too hard is indeed.
- so you accept your not playing good? thats not townish.
- that's just categorizing not reading. I want your full / detailed reads bro.

1) I want to clarify which definition of "offensive" you mean here. Do you mean that I'm attacking others when I'm being accused? Yes, I do that. No, I don't see why that is scummy.

2) I mean, it's not actually scummy either. I'm clearly playing poorly regardless of my alignment, as everybody thinks I'm scum. That's what I meant.

3) Be more specific please. Again, I think I've provided my thoughts on near everybody at this point.

Also, for the record, you're calling this an aggressive defense? Do you think I'm being overly aggressive right now?

1 - Your tone when answering people wan't like a town in trap. your vice is like a scum who are requesting for help and trying to make a counter wagon.
2 - whatever is not townish is scummy. but maybe slightly scummy. your admitting you don't feel the need of playeing good and scum hunting?
3 - nop. all I can see are some bunch of questions, and this . X is slightly town. and I think Y , T , Z are scums. I want something like this :

X : I saw his posts, and for reasons A,B,C I have a town read on him.

Y : is buddying ......

False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:20 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 404, ICEninja wrote:This game is starting to stall. We have a severely divided town with a handful of people feeling very strongly about something, but very little general consensus. Simple Plan has, for all intents and purposes, not yet posted in this game. Something has to give.

this is townish. I like this ^

Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:20 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 404, ICEninja wrote:Someone give me a short case of why I should vote someone other than Titus or Wickan, because right now I don't see myself voting anyone else nor does it look like I'll be able to convince 6 people to vote for Wickan.

this is not .... :/

Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:25 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 415, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 404, ICEninja wrote:Someone give me a short case of why I should vote someone other than Titus or Wickan, because right now I don't see myself voting anyone else nor does it look like I'll be able to convince 6 people to vote for Wickan.

this is not .... :/

if you have a case against titus -wiccon why are you asking people to give a short case?

and why you think you can't convince others to vote wiccon? if your case is that weak on them that you can't convince others about it. so whats is use?

Wickan
Wickan
Goon
Wickan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:45 am

Post by Wickan »

In post 413, Frozen Angel wrote:
2 - whatever is not townish is scummy. but maybe slightly scummy. your admitting you don't feel the need of playeing good and scum hunting?

I am not at all admitting that I don't feel the need to play well. I'm trying to play well.
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:50 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 348, Wickan wrote:(also, I would argue that there's plenty of continuity in my town playstyle: I sucked in that game and am doing poorly here :P )

this all started from here. just wanted to mention for others to follow

Wickan
Wickan
Goon
Wickan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:50 am

Post by Wickan »

Sure. Mention it. I did.
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:57 am

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

Take like one 16 hour nap and everyone decides to keep going without me

Titus I have several null reads you wanna beat me up?

In post 333, ICEninja wrote:Should I instead adopt a strategy where I completely ignore a player that gives me town vibes early on?

I love black and white thinking

I'm suddenly grateful for my ability to join a game without fucking over two more.

Titus was it last game that you replaced into and didn't read? Because I'm not seeing Taly scum at all compared to his last game.

Bells that whole irl situation sounds like it sucks

Guys all these townreads are gonna kill me stop
Phone posting. Low effort, big fun.
"In my heart, Johnny will always be scum" - Not_Mafia
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:58 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 419, Wickan wrote:Sure. Mention it. I did.

see? this is the meaning of the offensive tone which I don't like.

you did. sure. that was needed to be specifically said here? Why you want to write this post at all? as someone who lived with psychologists for like 4 years I think this comes from someone nervous and angry. and I can't see any reasons but a secret which can provide those feelings.

I think you sir are hiding something.

JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:59 am

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

Hey since we're doing lynch pools let's just say my vote isn't hitting Taly, Frozen. Will deadline vote Al and ASP, but that'd be boring. Everyone else is fair game though the only one I feel strongly about is Wick.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:00 am

In post 420, JohnnyFarrar wrote:I'm suddenly grateful

Gratefulness is a great thing.

Except I win even with low effort, that's how good I am. Even gave you a link as evidence :cool:
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:26 am

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

I mean good for you, but I'm not gonna take your greatness at your word. If you sheep your way to a victory here feel free to brag about it but nothing so far has been affected by you except a bunch of frustrated people voting you when they could be using their vote somewhere that actually matters.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”