She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2325 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:41 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 2319, Ranger wrote:
Titus, dead PT wrote:So he's a dragon? Cool. [/joke]
I was actually super, super confused when everyone in-thread was calling Bright a dog. I even checked my role PM multiple times, going... "But...aren't
I
the dog?" I kept silence about it since I didn't want to give any flavor clues about what marking did, but needless to say, it was something I was constantly wondering about. :P

The dog thing was me recalling Sparky from dead of winter and fixating. Lols.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2326 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:42 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Haha, it's all good. I was amused by the dog thing more than bothered by it.

I love all you guys, and, c'mon, Pre-ins can only ever take up 1/2 the players. :D
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2327 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:43 pm

Post by Titus »

I want to nominate this town for a scummy, but I am afraid it will be vain.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2328 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:45 pm

Post by Reasonably Rational »

Lol. Man, I feel like my paranoia and over thinking was really bad for us, and without wgeurts stubbornness we could have dragged the game out notably. :/ Basically, I don't feel I deserve to be part of a town nominated for a scummy in this game. :p

-Cerb
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2329 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:58 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 2309, Varsoon wrote:
In post 95, Elbirn wrote:
In post 91, Blackest Magick wrote:PokerFace here, I never played suikoden so I will be wiki-ing flavor stuff as needed

@Elbirn,
who are your scum buddies?

You, lickety, and uhm..whoever that guy was who voted me in page 3. Not brantz, the other one.

*Cough*
Hey Elbirn, let's hydra or play on the same team sometime down the road.

You know what I want for Christmas varsy-bay-bee? I wanna be on a scum team with you, that sounds like a treat. Whenever we're both town I scumread you for whatever reason, being scumfucks is probably the way to go.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2330 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:58 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 2327, Titus wrote:I want to nominate this town for a scummy, but I am afraid it will be vain.

Come on

DEW IT
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2331 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:00 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Pfft, we'll just have to be masons.
Or one of us will have to roll cop when we're both town.
Or, yeah, let's scumbutt it together.
Find a game.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2332 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:03 pm

Post by Elbirn »

But yeah I'm proud as fuck of this game, as a team effort and also all of us as individuals. Like I don't think I've had a game where I had damn near 100% correct reads. Pistachio I was wrong on, brantz....did I change my mind on brantz at the end? I wanna say I did but who knows.

I really did kinda think klingon might have not been last scum tho, all the stalling made me gun shy and then I was scared of ranger and suzie xP

But yeah, for everyone else was like "damn son I see you"

----

I actually like brantz role? Well not so much like as it is that, well, it's just a survivor, but made less shitty. It's an improvement on a not liked role.

Survivor: don't die. Enjoy not having fun.
Brantz role: be town. If town wins or you don't die you won

I see no problem here
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2333 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:03 pm

Post by Ranger »

Drixx, Mason PT wrote:01[23:25] <Drixx> Ranger may just be one of those people who thinks they are super amazing at Day one because they get lucky occasionally
Not luck, strategy! The wgeurts mark was used super-productively. It gave a false positive because masons have a fundamentally-similar pattern to mafia, but I
did
find people reacting to it--mainly, your slot. Marking a player like that was exactly my intention.

I'm not the type of player to assume I've caught all the scum on D1, but I think I'm averaging a 66% accuracy rate on here overall. I doubt that rate will last, but I don't think it's simply luck. I do think something I do is working. However, again, I think I do a decent job of not getting too cocky about it. When we play in future games, feel free to tell me I'm getting overconfident; I'll take your concern absolutely seriously.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
BRantz
BRantz
Mafia Scum
BRantz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2334 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:05 pm

Post by BRantz »

Sorry I wasn't around to talk in the dead thread, was out of town for thanksgiving and such. But I actually thought the role was really interesting. I had initially planned on only mentioning that I should be lynched once at the very beginning, but the way the game started to unfold with the accuracy of the town and the communication that we had both in and out of the thread it just made more sense to get myself lynched. I like the idea of potential alternate win conditions fir a town player, but it definitely walks the line between non and bastard.

Great game town.
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #2335 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:06 pm

Post by Ranger »

Reasonably Rational wrote:But, since your power was a lie, that whole plan wouldn't have worked. :p
Well, it was a half-truth!
My role worked the way I said it did: I marked one player a day. A marked player would be told they were marked. Marks last the entire game. If I end a day voting a player, their action will fail (i.e., be roleblocked)...it's just instead of having a failure condition of "will fail if targeting me", it had a failure condition of "will fail if
not
targeting me". :P
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #2336 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:09 pm

Post by Ranger »

For what it's worth: I probably would have come clean come next game day had I lived, since lying at that point would have done more harm than good.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #2337 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:10 pm

Post by Ranger »

Also, I was relieved Varsoon took the marks in-thread.
That was something I added; the ability was specified as via PM.
I didn't like the idea of my mark being anonymous, given the nature of the role was to
draw attention to myself
, thus, public marking. :D
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2338 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:11 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 2331, Varsoon wrote:Pfft, we'll just have to be masons.
Or one of us will have to roll cop when we're both town.
Or, yeah, let's scumbutt it together.
Find a game.

Oh fuck you're right I lied I wanna be masons I H8 playing scum

Well idk you do have antics and such that would make scum fun.

Anyway, dammit man I'm trying to cut back on this shit xD let's see I'm in one game now...and I know I'm gonna get tricked into playing one of your upcoming games which is 2. At least. Then playing one with you is 3+ oh hell naw you are the great satan fueling my mafia addiction pls no

Fuck I gotta go think about my life

-----

Oh but there is good news, after months of playing solely on my phone, I remembered that laptops exist and I possess currency. So I'm gonna have that going on. And I'll maybe start modding games here and there...? *shrugs eternally*
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #2339 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:15 pm

Post by wgeurts »

This game goes to show I'm awful at day one play. The town did really well though, and my mason partner was great. Though they need to not over think things at times. Will right a proper when not using ymy phone
"
i agree we should have a rule against wgeurts
" -
Davsto

"
let's have 2 rules against wgeurts
" -
DeathRowKitty

Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2340 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:47 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 2326, Varsoon wrote:Haha, it's all good. I was amused by the dog thing more than bothered by it.

I love all you guys, and, c'mon, Pre-ins can only ever take up 1/2 the players. :D

/pre-in for everything, then! :D
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #2341 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:58 pm

Post by Ranger »

Anyway, I thought I'd give some feedback.

On me:
Obviously, going after the masons was a mistake, and my read on BRantz was wrong. So my play wasn't perfect, but be it luck or skill, I did focus on LQ and BM (and tried dismantling some townVtown fighting), meaning I at least have that in my credit. I maintain my wgeurts/BRantz marks were solid, and Klingon's confirmed my FireKari mark was a game-winning one, though I do admit: the pistachi0n mark was a mistake. I also chose to lynch scum rather than utilize my power D1 and D2, for better or for worse, but given my ultimate (fake)claim, I think it was an okay call on my part. So altogether an alright game of mine--not great, but certainly not bad!

BRantz:
I think you played about as well as you could have; you were mostly lynched off of role-based reasons rather than off of your play. If I have any advice for you, it would be to try and be a little more active--I know that real life is a thing, but if you had been more active in your pushes (for instance, the BM push), then it may have been cause to override setup spec and talk of role wording.

Elbirn:
Nothing but praise for how you handled the game. You were an immediate townread for how you were fairly lighthearted and joyous, and your coordination with Titus/Jeanne was excellent. Then you had to go and beat me to the punch in naming the scumteam, even better than I did at that! Very impressive play. The only reason you had suspicion on you come endgame was because of POE and setup spec. Maybe you could serve to have some improvement with the strength of your pushes, though? That seemed to be the main cause of paranoia near the end--that you could have been scum bussing both partners lightly while not committing to it heavily. But I'm not sure. You played well. Not much to say beyond that.

FireKari:
I would have liked to have seen more of the 'Fire' half of your hydra in the game, but I do think you carried yourselves well. If my understanding is correct, Yukari is basically nearing the end of your mafia career, so giving feedback wouldn't help much, though honestly I'm not sure what I would have to say; I think ending things on this game would be ending them on a high note, given your performance. You did good.

Jeanne:
I think you managed to support the town players very well in this game, but I was very annoyed you had that paranoia fight with Titus. The main piece of advice I would give you is this:
slow down
. If you have the time to think about things, then you will probably find yourself in a much more favorable environment, one where your paranoia doesn't consume you, and the points you raise are actually listened to rather than discarded.

pistachi0n:
I think increased activity may have helped you more. One of the main reasons people were throwing attention your way a lot of the time was because you were placed among the lurkers, along-side Klingoncelt. If you had been more active, imagine the focus which Klingoncelt would have been placed under! That would be the main piece of advice I would have.

Reasonably Rational:
While I think your early play suffered heavily from extreme bias (especially in a sort-of roundabout-OMGUS way), I think you did an excellent job taking up the leadership mantle from day two onward after Titus died. Your theories might not have always been correct, but they were always based on solid assumptions. (You even managed to correctly figure out I was lying about my role in your last post there, Drixx! Just not the right reasons for it. :P) So good job on doing what good confirmed town should be doing: getting confirmed at exactly the time needed, and then taking up the mantle of leadership precisely when required.

Suzune:
I don't really have anything to say to you in regards to feedback. I think you played a solid game, start to finish. Your activity was good, your reads were good, you held onto your role until it would have been needed, basically, you did everything right. Activity was good, interactions with players was good, I think that if I were to compare all the isos in this game, yours would be the towniest by far.

Titus:
Scum killed you N1, and for good reason. You were a force to be reckoned with this game. You built a successful townbloc which was all town, you were hounding scum, and your usage of your role was brilliant. I don't think anyone else given what you had would have gotten as much utilization out of it as you did. All-around, I think you played an awesome game. You did have a little bit of annoying town fighting, though. Mainly, with Jeanne. (You fought with RR, too, but so did I, so can't blame you without first blaming myself. :P) Other than those bouts of paranoia which I advise keeping in check, a great showing from you. You led the town until the scum made absolutely sure you wouldn't be able to lead them anymore. What more can you ask for?

wgeurts:
While your early game might not have been impressive, you were THE late-game force to be reckoned with. While I was listening to RR and willing to follow their lead, you held a commanding presence in the late game, maximizing the utility of being confirmed town to deliver some solid analysis. You were, after all, the driving force behind that final Klingoncelt lynch, so you're basically directly responsible for our win. Plus, lolhammering two scum (both having solid claims that would slow a lynch) certainly gives credit to you, even if you didn't think you were lynching scum at the time.

Blackest Magick:
I think you would have benefited from being in the game more. I know you had some trouble getting into the game, but it was very obvious in a manner that felt like scum. While interactions were one of the largest condemning factors of your play, simply being around would have helped mitigate that somewhat. After all, when you only have so little content, whatever you have is amplified in strength by those attempting to read you...so by having only a little bit, and having that little bit help point to your scumbuddies and you being scum...you were placing yourselves into a very precarious position.

Klingoncelt:
Similar to Blackest Magick, if you had been around more and pushed people stronger, then you may have avoided the spotlight near the end of the game. In this game, two players were called lurkers who could potentially be scum, and you were one of them. So that would be my advice: increase your activity as scum. You were present for short bursts (particularly, at the ending), so you have the capability; I think it would serve you well.

LicketyQuickety:
It's been said already to you, but don't sabotage your towngame for your scumgame. Improve whichever is weaker to be better. If both are weak...then improve both! Find what works for you. Change things up a bit. I think one of the main things to work on would be sincerity: a lot of your posting this game came across as being forced, and that's because it was; you were scum. If you can learn to be more natural, it will help you hide much better.

Great game all-around, especially for the town.

Thanks for modding, Varsoon! :)
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Jeanne11
Jeanne11
Mafia Scum
Jeanne11
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2342 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:15 am

Post by Jeanne11 »

Well, I hydra=ed with Titus, so hopefully, my playstyle will change from now on. Also, I nabbed those two from the get go. I was the first to suspect them both via gut feeling.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2343 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:18 am

Post by Drixx »

Read the dead thread.

@Titus - Did you actually think for even an instant that Cerberus and I wanted a draw out of this game? I guess at least I know just how shitty you really think we are.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2344 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:12 am

Post by Varsoon »

I'm probably going to go ahead with the Steven Universe Prequel game first.
I can only really handle modding a single game at a time right now and that one is the closest to being finished.
I typed up rolecards and made all sorts of promotional imagery for it. :3

Too bad it's a mini-theme and my Pre-ins are probably already full without me realizing it. :P
It's not like advertising or doing all this work will make it go through the queue any faster.
I really shouldn't put so much effort into my games, most people probably don't notice or care.

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2345 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:26 am

Post by Varsoon »

So long as I have things straight;
My current Pre-ins for the SU:Prequel are Reasonably Rational and Jeanne11.
I'm probably going to send out a PM to everyone who played the first SU Mafia to let them know about this one; several people voiced interest, but it has been so long that just putting them down as pre-ins would probably be a little presumptuous.

I'd be glad to have any of you in that game. You're all fantastic players.
Who knows?
Maybe Xtoxm will finally roll town in a Varsoon game?
Maybe Town will pull another win to even out the record?
Maybe I'll be recognized for my talent and offered a career in running mafia games?
A man can dream.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2346 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:19 am

Post by Drixx »

Varsoon ... I have scheduled time this weekend to watch a certain movie which should make a certain thing you are helping me with need your attention early in this coming week. I'll gladly reciprocate but obviously it cannot be on the SU prequel game since Cerb and I are pre-in for that.
Jeanne11
Jeanne11
Mafia Scum
Jeanne11
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2347 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:21 am

Post by Jeanne11 »

@wg why was I killed instead of RR like you claimed would happen? And why did you town-read LQ? Those are why I scum-read you till the end.
Jeanne11
Jeanne11
Mafia Scum
Jeanne11
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2348 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:26 am

Post by Jeanne11 »

And no, Titus wasn't there originally. She was brought there by me to help her out when I realized quite a few people were eager to quicklynch her.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2349 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:33 am

Post by Drixx »

Umm... Wgeuruts wasn't scum so he was simply speculating that the scum would prioritize killing the masons before you, and he assumed that we (RR) would get killed probably because we work really hard at the game and we were taking over and running the town. We seemed like the logical choice to get killed. You would have to ask scum why they killed you instead. If I had been scum, I would not have killed you ever.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”