RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:33 am

Post by RolePlay25 »

Ah! I see that this town has been once again graced by the presence of the most regarded inspector Japp. As you can see, Hastings, the inspector has once again managed to accomplish so little with so much.

If only someone wished to speak to the great detective.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:26 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

Golden's reactions are scummy as hell.

shows they want to vote Roleplay but want to hold back their vote for some reason.
is also awkward. After been shown logic that is obviously a joke, they can't think logically apparently, and just sheepishly agree with Dwlee.
makes me think golden might just be scum alone rather than with Roleplay. After all this about "not voting them out" Golden is suddenly willing to put a player at L-1?
But then he posts a few minutes later; where did he go in six minutes that would enable him to post that? It also quotes Dwlee so it was definitely not started before 2:23 or even later.
VOTE: golden007
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:39 am

Post by RolePlay25 »

I like you, I understand your logic!

What do you think of the villain dwlee?
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:44 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Ooh mario made a case. Fancy.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:48 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 76, MarioManiac4 wrote:Golden's reactions are scummy as hell.

shows they want to vote Roleplay but want to hold back their vote for some reason.
makes me think golden might just be scum alone rather than with Roleplay. After all this about "not voting them out" Golden is suddenly willing to put a player at L-1?

I like golden007's style:

:giggle:
supercool898
supercool898
Goon
supercool898
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:53 am

Post by supercool898 »

In post 54, Keyser Söze wrote:Ladies and gentlemen. No more early roleclaims or
'I am confirmed town'
posts.

In post 55, Dwlee99 wrote:Trust me, I am a doctor.

Why would you claim doc at this point in the game??? You are good as dead!

Also I have a question for golden009 (and anybody else who wants to answer): What is your experience with the game of Mafia?
I go by Super for short
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:53 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 79, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 76, MarioManiac4 wrote:Golden's reactions are scummy as hell.

I like golden007's style:

:giggle:

I think I'm dying. :lol:
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:55 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 80, supercool898 wrote:
'I am confirmed town'
posts.

Also I have a question for golden009 (and anybody else who wants to answer): What is your experience with the game of Mafia?

Super, I think Dwlee's not actually claiming doctor. :P
supercool898
supercool898
Goon
supercool898
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:57 am

Post by supercool898 »

In post 82, MarioManiac4 wrote:
'I am confirmed town'
posts.

Super, I think Dwlee's not actually claiming doctor. :P

I hope not! It would be a waste of a role if he is
I go by Super for short
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:58 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLPLOLOL.
FIRST. WHY WOULD YOU OUT IT.
AND TWO. LOLOL Yea I am not claiming doc. ;P (or am I!?!?!?!)
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:59 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 77, RolePlay25 wrote:I like you, I understand your logic!

Not really sure. I'm leaning towards town as I'm not 100% sure he would be ballsy enough to claim OMGUS with a game filled with new players; they might not think he's joking and pressure him hard because the wiki lists it as a scumtell. His reaction test seems town-motivated enough; a newbscum could have easily given up their identity since they don't really know about twilight trolling.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:11 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

i like the town read not the OMGUS one. I hadnt looked at the player list except for keyser (which is why I ind actually). So yea idk about that reason
The wiki needs to be updated as it is not a scum tell at allll.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:12 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

omgus reason*
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:13 am

Post by RolePlay25 »

In post 85, MarioManiac4 wrote:
In post 77, RolePlay25 wrote:I like you, I understand your logic!

Not really sure. I'm leaning towards town as I'm not 100% sure he would be ballsy enough to claim OMGUS with a game filled with new players; they might not think he's joking and pressure him hard because the wiki lists it as a scumtell. His reaction test seems town-motivated enough; a newbscum could have easily given up their identity since they don't really know about twilight trolling.

Would not his preemptive noting of his own villainous behavior serve to deflect people from the consequences of his own villainous behavior?

I do understand the reaction test, based on the behavior of a villain in another game, so that makes sense to me. Perhaps I would unwittingly think I was slain, and reveal my villainous intent? It is a weak argument that he is a good guy, but all arguments this early must by their very nature be weak. Still, I do not give credence.

I have another question! Supercool has voted me ostensibly because he did not believe my "claim". In post he dislikes my play because of some claim, he believes it is hiding a villainous intent. But in post he believes a doctor claim implicitly! It is interesting! It is not enough for me to change my suspicions yet, but I am confused at the inconsistency. If he believes that the evil men would shoot a claimed doctor then should he not ignore the claim? It feels as if he is trying to determine if Dwlee is a veteran!

This would make them most certainly not evil together, unless evil has concocted a plot beyond my ken, so it is confusing! But it is also inconsistent!
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:18 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

This guy. Now people are pointing out more stuff stop it guys you are ruining the plan.
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:19 am

Post by RolePlay25 »

In post 89, Dwlee99 wrote:This guy. Now people are pointing out more stuff stop it guys you are ruining the plan.

Aha! I am happy to foil your plan, villain!
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:23 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Well trying to thwart a townies plans makes you the villian, no?
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:27 am

Post by RolePlay25 »

In post 91, Dwlee99 wrote:Well trying to thwart a townies plans makes you the villian, no?

Would you not claim to be good even if you were evil? I do not believe I can trust this chicanery!
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:44 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Chocanry..?
bji
bji
Mafia Scum
bji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:57 am

Post by bji »

Hey all. I see things are happening quickly, me likes. It's been a while since I played this game, and I don't have much experience to begin with, so apologies in advance for being pretty stupid.

First impressions (in order of posts as I see them):

1. I don't understand this whole "role play" business or why it's important. I didn't understand why claiming an ice cream flavor (which I presume to be vanilla) would be "committed to roleplay to the point of absurdity" (as per golden009 ). Does role playing typically require making an early claim? Also, is there some way in which role playing is relevant to the game that I don't understand because it just seems like noise to me at this point.

2. I didn't understand this phrase from : "pls -pm 11 your roles." Can someone translate this to English? Is this a call to some action?

3. RolePlay25 is certainly interesting. Such deft chains of logic belying significant mafia experience, but doesn't know what OMGUS means. In my experience you cannot get through a game of mafia on this site without, by the end, knowing what OMGUS means if you didn't already. So my conclusion is, like others, that RolePlay25 has significant experience with mafia in some form or other, but not on this site. Also, RolePlay25 - do you have a pronoun preference? If not, I'm just going to call you 'he'. Thanks.

4. RC is noncommittal. Just wants to be sure everyone knows she's town, little else, unless there's something significant I don't understand from (2).

5. Posts 63 - 67 were super interesting. goldeneye009 falsely claims L-1 on RolePlay. Dwlee99 falesely hammers. Jake jumps right on that and says "no you don't". Then Dwlee99 announces that he was just reaction testing, and then golden009 notes that Dwlee99 already voted anyway, so even if it WAS L-1 it wouldn't have counted. Some questions:
a. Dwlee99, if you thought your reaction test had value, why not let it go and see what came of it, even given Jake's posting? I mean if you're reaction testing, I'd think you'd want to see some reactions. Maybe people would have something to say about you, given what you'd done. Don't you care what people think about you? Wouldn't you care about people's feeling about anyone other than RolePlay25 if you were really scum hunting?
b. golden009, did you intentionally fake claim L-1? If so, did you get the outcome you wanted? If not, how do you justify being so careless with an early L-1 claim?

6. To answer : I joined last Xmas as something to do when I was sick in bed with bronchitis. I had a tremendously fun first game and worked my way up to normal queues. However my experiences quickly started to be less enjoyable as I a) started taking the game too seriously, including getting frustrated with pace of play, and b) ran into some frustrating situations such as games in which someone purposefully threw the game at the last minute, and also a game in which someone self-hammered as doctor just out of spite, and I started to find that I was more annoyed at the game of mafia than I was having fun, so I quit. That was in May 2015. So I decided to try again just recently because I guess my memory of the fun parts has now eclipsed my memory of the bad parts. That seems to happen with hindsight in my experience. Anyway, total experience, 5 games or so, two newbie, three mini normal, plus this one.

7. The two most active players are RolePlay25 and Dwlee99, active to the point of numerous back-and-forth exchanges. This early, I would conclude TvT. However, the posturing is interesting.
TheCow
TheCow
Goon
TheCow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:05 am

Post by TheCow »

In post 53, RolePlay25 wrote:Ah I get it. Dwlee was acting stereotypically evil, so he claimed to be acting evil to deflect accusations that he was acting evil! It is a clever ruse, except it is not clever, because it can easily be seen through!

Golden is good because Dwlee was asking him permission! Do you think golden is evil? I do not think so!

Claiming your role early can be very useful! Sometimes it is not useful like when the mayor claims on day 1 like Radiant Cowbells, but this happens often. Usually you claim to at least one person, but I think that will get you banned here! It is very strict against that.

Can you give more details as to how you're coming to these conclusions? I'm lost and confused send help.
In post 55, Dwlee99 wrote:When I read roleplay's posts I read the exclamation marks and it makes me cringe from the super heroy voice. You voted me, roleplay. Anyone voting town is automagically scum. Trust me, I am a doctor.
Good to see ya keyser. Are you town or naw?

ಠ_ಠ
In post 61, acryon wrote:Also Keyser is Town. Dwylee VI? Sheeping Keyser on RolePlay because we apparently think alike.

VOTE: RolePlay25

r u srs rn
In post 63, golden009 wrote:So that's L-1, if I'm counting correctly.
y wld u do this srsly
I am confused and appalled.
In post 70, Keyser Söze wrote:UNVOTE: RolePlay25

Can we have some foreplay first... too early for penetration.

#justthetip
'I am confirmed town'
posts.

u real rn

RP is looking like lost and confused town. Golden is looking scummy. Dwlee99 testing seemed pro-town though I don't have enough to say so conclusively yet. supercool898 is half way between lost and confused town, and scum for me right now. I don't care about the rest of you right now.
TheCow
TheCow
Goon
TheCow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:09 am

Post by TheCow »

@bji:
2: "[x] player has revealed as innocent child! Message player 11 your roles!" A joke.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:21 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

No one posts before reading the entire thread so my reaction test got screwed up by jake posting a vote count. Just to make it clear (not that it really matters) but I actually thought it was L-1 but knew that I had already voted.
Cow, what does that dash mean?
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:22 am

Post by acryon »

In post 74, Dwlee99 wrote:And I am getting a reaction out of you, arent I, neumune? But sometimes people might be like "Wtf I didnt even do anything this alwayd happens when I am scum!" or something. You dont need to be rude just because I decided to reaction test a little. :D

I'm with you here.

In post 95, TheCow wrote:
In post 61, acryon wrote:Also Keyser is Town. Dwylee VI? Sheeping Keyser on RolePlay because we apparently think alike.

VOTE: RolePlay25

r u srs rn

Yup. Also why do you seem to have a problem with putting someone to L-1 this early? Seems solid trains are good for reactions, no?
Get to know me! | Unavailable on nights and weekends.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:27 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

What part of the post that I made do you agree with, acryon?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”