Scumleague FF 2015 (Locke, Yiley, TD37!)

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:19 am

Post by hasdgfas »

In post 1198, Locke Lamora wrote:Yeah, after last week, 7 wins was always safety. Two teams were never going to make it and because you face each other, at least two teams in your division can't get to 7, so we were guaranteed to have four at 6 wins or worse no matter what happened.

Guess I never did the math before this week.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:44 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

In post 1200, hasdgfas wrote:
In post 1198, Locke Lamora wrote:Yeah, after last week, 7 wins was always safety. Two teams were never going to make it and because you face each other, at least two teams in your division can't get to 7, so we were guaranteed to have four at 6 wins or worse no matter what happened.

Guess I never did the math before this week.

It's possible I may have done too much.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:53 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

In post 1183, Kublai Khan wrote:FLEX
FLEX
FLEX
FLEX
K
FLEX
K
FLEX
STRONG SAFETY
FLEX
CONCESSION SALES
FLEX
FLEX

Ha, I didn't suggest it because I'm sure someone around here would think it was a great idea, but I've amused myself for a couple years with the idea that there should be more flex for realism's sake, something like...

QB
RB/WR/TE
RB/WR/TE
RB/WR/TE
WR/TE
WR/TE
K
DEF

If you want to run the Fantasy Wishbone you can, if you want to run the Fantasy Air Raid you can do that as well.
Last edited by Debonair Danny DiPietro on Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:19 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Imo every flex spot should have a kicker and defense option
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:00 am

Post by Rob14 »

No love for 2 QB's?
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:27 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

So clearly what we should do is have a side league next year in which everyone drafts one aspect of the setup eg. DDD drafts first, he picks no divisions; Rob picks 2QB league; D3f picks nine-man bench; I pick anyone complaining about the format gets an automatic loss (ok, so it would have to be restricted to actual Yahoo settings, but you get the idea). Obviously someone can't draft something that contradicts a rule already drafted, so if someone had picked 2QB, you can't then change it to 1QB with a later pick. Then people pick their draft slot, in reverse order, to balance out the rule drafting. I'd totally play in that.

hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:33 am

Post by hasdgfas »

In post 1205, Locke Lamora wrote:So clearly what we should do is have a side league next year in which everyone drafts one aspect of the setup eg. DDD drafts first, he picks no divisions; Rob picks 2QB league; D3f picks nine-man bench; I pick anyone complaining about the format gets an automatic loss (ok, so it would have to be restricted to actual Yahoo settings, but you get the idea). Obviously someone can't draft something that contradicts a rule already drafted, so if someone had picked 2QB, you can't then change it to 1QB with a later pick. Then people pick their draft slot, in reverse order, to balance out the rule drafting. I'd totally play in that.

That's fascinating. A bit more work than our traditional league, but seems like it would be pretty fun.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:47 am

Post by PJ. »

In post 1205, Locke Lamora wrote:So clearly what we should do is have a side league next year in which everyone drafts one aspect of the setup eg. DDD drafts first, he picks no divisions; Rob picks 2QB league; D3f picks nine-man bench; I pick anyone complaining about the format gets an automatic loss (ok, so it would have to be restricted to actual Yahoo settings, but you get the idea). Obviously someone can't draft something that contradicts a rule already drafted, so if someone had picked 2QB, you can't then change it to 1QB with a later pick. Then people pick their draft slot, in reverse order, to balance out the rule drafting. I'd totally play in that.

This sounds incredibly not fun. Especially without the ability to default a setting back with your pick.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:38 am

Post by T-Bone »

Might be fun, but there are only so many modifications we can have...and at the end it seems like we'll just have every optional rule enabled.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:52 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

It's just one round, and the choices are pretty restricted in a lot of cases (and we could restrict them in those that might render it unplayable if they weren't). It's not like it's all just enabling or disabling a rule or position. There's easily enough to do one round's worth, with positions, playoff rules, scoring, etc. I'm sure it would almost certainly be silly in some regard, but I think it would be pretty simple to do and a fun change.

Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:37 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

Whoever wins L1 sets the league setup rules?
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:01 pm

Post by PJ. »

Honestly, the only thing that'd I'd want to switch up is 10 people in the league instead of 12 or 14, or whatever we have.
Yiley
Yiley
He/Him
Goon
Yiley
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:46 pm

Post by Yiley »

Well this game is working out great for me. Not so much pokerface, but this is great for me.
Permanent scum read
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:45 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1211, PJ. wrote:Honestly, the only thing that'd I'd want to switch up is 10 people in the league instead of 12 or 14, or whatever we have.

no.

I'd make us a tiny bench
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:04 pm

Post by PokerFace »

You guys are just being silly with setup ideas at this point. Ultimatly I'll still sign up again next year so I guess whatever the final setup is I will be down for it

i am out of playoff contention thanks to mcfaddens fumbles. I can't make playoffs or be regulated. Still going to try my best next week because I got nothing better to do

League 2 basic standings

In playoffs: PEG 8-5

In Regulation: Llama, BS2000 each at 3-10

Going no where: Me 7-6

In danger of regulation: Jason, Zach, Khan, Mith, (6-7, 5-8, 5-8, 4-9) Yes there is a scenario where mith does not get regulated

In playoff contention: DDDP, Rhinox, Yiley, Wraith (10-3, 9-4, 9-4, 9-4) It is possible to not make playoffs if you are 10-4 in league 2

If yiley wins he is in playoffs with division 2 victory, if he looses he needs wraith to loose to get that. If yiley looses and wraith wins, Yiley will need a lot of points or rhinox to loose. DDDP wins division 3 with a win. Also wins it with a Rhinox loss. If DDDP looses and Rhinox wins, DDDP will need a lot of points or losses from wraith and yiley. Rhinox gets in if he wins and keeps his point total or wins and DDDP looses. Wraith needs to win and yiley loose or win and pass rhinox in points
Last edited by PokerFace on Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:22 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

To be clear, I am talking about an entirely separate side league that has nothing to do with our current setup. The people who didn't like the idea would just not be playing. Having said that, Kublai's idea is the best.

Assuming no stat corrections, L1 playoffs are pretty simple for the most part. Myself and Flameaxe are in as 1 and 2 seeds. Tally and Rob will be in as the Voodoo division winner and wild card respectively if they win. If they don't, Cow and AGar need a win to overtake them. The other possible scenario is that both Tally and Cow get in, which happens if they win and AGar and Rob lose, handing the wild card to Cow. It's technically possible for AGar to overtake Rob on points scored, but he needs 60.55 to do it, which is a bit much for a single week.

Relegation is a five-way battle, with only T-Bone guaranteed to go down. Kmd is in the most trouble at 4-9, but he also has the best points total of the bottom six and can guarantee that he finishes above 5-8 IS by beating him this week. He then needs help from Tally and Cow, who have to beat zoraster and Nero (both 5-8) respectively for Kmd to finish above them. Zoraster also needs at least two of Nero, IS and Panzer (6-7) to lose, as he has a worse points total than everyone but Panzer and already-relegated T-Bone. A loss for him means certain relegation. IS is just under 20 points ahead of Nero, so it's possible the lowest-scoring of those two will get relegated this week even if they both win. Assuming he doesn't get relegated automatically, Panzer is guaranteed to stay up with a win but could be in trouble with a loss, on account of his terrible points total from all that failing to set his lineup. If he does lose, two of those three 5-8 teams still have to win to relegate him.

Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:29 pm

Post by Rob14 »

Agar got screwed last week by zoraster. I love it.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:42 am

Post by Wraith »

God I botched this last stretch so bad
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:48 am

Post by zoraster »

In post 1216, Rob14 wrote:Agar got screwed last week by zoraster. I love it.

If I'm going down, I'm going to go down creating havoc
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:56 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Kinda screwed you as well. If Panzer lost to AGar then you'd only have to rely on one person to lose this week.

zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:25 am

Post by zoraster »

well, it wasn't
actually
an attempt to spoil the league. I just happened to be talking to him this past week.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:38 am

Post by PJ. »

In post 1215, Locke Lamora wrote:To be clear, I am talking about an entirely separate side league that has nothing to do with our current setup. The people who didn't like the idea would just not be playing. Having said that, Kublai's idea is the best.

Assuming no stat corrections, L1 playoffs are pretty simple for the most part. Myself and Flameaxe are in as 1 and 2 seeds. Tally and Rob will be in as the Voodoo division winner and wild card respectively if they win. If they don't, Cow and AGar need a win to overtake them. The other possible scenario is that both Tally and Cow get in, which happens if they win and AGar and Rob lose, handing the wild card to Cow. It's technically possible for AGar to overtake Rob on points scored, but he needs 60.55 to do it, which is a bit much for a single week.

Relegation is a five-way battle, with only T-Bone guaranteed to go down. Kmd is in the most trouble at 4-9, but he also has the best points total of the bottom six and can guarantee that he finishes above 5-8 IS by beating him this week. He then needs help from Tally and Cow, who have to beat zoraster and Nero (both 5-8) respectively for Kmd to finish above them. Zoraster also needs at least two of Nero, IS and Panzer (6-7) to lose, as he has a worse points total than everyone but Panzer and already-relegated T-Bone. A loss for him means certain relegation. IS is just under 20 points ahead of Nero, so it's possible the lowest-scoring of those two will get relegated this week even if they both win. Assuming he doesn't get relegated automatically, Panzer is guaranteed to stay up with a win but could be in trouble with a loss, on account of his terrible points total from all that failing to set his lineup. If he does lose, two of those three 5-8 teams still have to win to relegate him.

A KMD win also keeps me up. So uh.. LET'S GO KMD.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:56 am

Post by T-Bone »

Who am I playing? I want to spoil someone dammit!
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:45 am

Post by Flameaxe »

In post 1221, PJ. wrote:
In post 1215, Locke Lamora wrote:To be clear, I am talking about an entirely separate side league that has nothing to do with our current setup. The people who didn't like the idea would just not be playing. Having said that, Kublai's idea is the best.

A KMD win also keeps me up. So uh.. LET'S GO KMD.

ayy
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:59 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

In post 1220, zoraster wrote:well, it wasn't
actually
an attempt to spoil the league. I just happened to be talking to him this past week.

Haha yeah, I figured. Just thought it was funny you actually managed to do both.

Panzer: not if Nero and zoraster both win and you lose. Then you, IS, KMD and T-Bone get relegated.

T-Bone: you get to spoil Panzer's season. We believe in you!

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”