Micro 550: 2 Scoops of the Fourth Degree (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:14 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

Not_Mafia,
Town Cop
, has been lynched Day 3.

The
scum team
of TheDominator37 and OceanWind win the game!
Last edited by Cheery Dog on Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:16 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

I'll update the rest of the details once I get on the computer and reveal the scum topic if the scum team give permission for it to be revealed.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
KTthecreeper
KTthecreeper
Goon
KTthecreeper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:19 am

Post by KTthecreeper »

KTthecreeper
KTthecreeper
Goon
KTthecreeper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:19 am

Post by KTthecreeper »

Everytime I get into MYLO I either overthink it or underthink it
KTthecreeper
KTthecreeper
Goon
KTthecreeper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:21 am

Post by KTthecreeper »

The fact that Dom completely Fliped his meta demoralizes me
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:22 am

Post by Fro99er »

Town deserved to lose.

That D2 was piss poor.
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Ribbit ribbit." -Transcend
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:22 am

Post by Fro99er »

Should have stuck w my gut on OW.
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
KTthecreeper
KTthecreeper
Goon
KTthecreeper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:23 am

Post by KTthecreeper »

In post 356, Fro99er wrote:Should have stuck w my gut on OW.

same with Dom ;-;
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:24 am

Post by Fro99er »

KT you need to question and prod and pry more.

Your quick votes D2 and D3 doomed us. Allowed scum to quickhammer both days.
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:25 am

Post by Fro99er »

I had it down to OW and either KT or Dom. Thought KT tho.
Heil King Froggo.
KTthecreeper
KTthecreeper
Goon
KTthecreeper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:26 am

Post by KTthecreeper »

In post 359, Fro99er wrote:I had it down to OW and either KT or Dom. Thought KT tho.

Honestly if not mafia tried at all it would of been alot diffrent
TheDominator37
TheDominator37
Mafia Scum
TheDominator37
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:33 am

Post by TheDominator37 »

In post 354, KTthecreeper wrote:The fact that Dom completely Fliped his meta demoralizes me

I have no meta
KTthecreeper
KTthecreeper
Goon
KTthecreeper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:34 am

Post by KTthecreeper »

In post 361, TheDominator37 wrote:
In post 354, KTthecreeper wrote:The fact that Dom completely Fliped his meta demoralizes me

I have no meta

Unfortunely thats true ;-;
OceanWind
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:34 am

Post by OceanWind »

Yeah, this was rather easy. I think D1 was a bit challenging in that Dom was getting wagoned and I had to figure out a way around that and find out how to play my hand. Once Kaboose quickhammered, we pretty much got a free mislynch and in a Micro, that was a big deal because one of our three mislynches was handed to us. The D1 lynch is always going to be easy for scum because that's the day with the lowest information. As for D3, it was a simple matter of exploiting the fact that Not_Mafia never bothered to play the game.

A Simple Plan was doing really well. I'll have to disappoint you about the "slip" though. It wasn't an actual slip, more me doing something pro-town because I believed it would get me town-cred. But you played very well overall, had a lot of thoughtful analysis and slowed down the pace of the game and asked questions when really all we wanted was to quickly hammer people and race to the endgame.

Froggaphant - your gut was right on 1/2 scum and you were clearly town but I think it would have helped had you been more active and engaged.

Ultimately, it came down to too many of the town players not really investing themselves in the game.

In post 351, Cheery Dog wrote:I'll update the rest of the details once I get on the computer and reveal the scum topic if the scum team give permission for it to be revealed.

No problem. Can we see the dead PT? And thanks for modding.
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:43 pm

Post by Ether »

The thing with All Alone wasn't pro-town, exactly. Scum, ideally, want to mislynch whoever's vulnerable, but having townreads gives them credibility. Having a townread on a power role is a good idea because it's not like the power role is getting lynched anyway, so if ASP hadn't called you out, there wouldn't have been any downside. But if you're town, the best thing you can do if you spot a power role tell is to quietly slip away from that wagon and try not to draw attention to it, if possible. Sometimes you can't really do that subtly, but those are two different motivations.

The Kaboose wagon was so bad that even I was cringing, and I didn't have a win condition. Scum played to their audience, though, I'll give them that.
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:47 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

Setup rolled Jailkeeper + Cop

Role distribution. (numbers are what the 1d100 gave me)

All Alone (2) Town Jailkeeper
Not_Mafia (4) Town Cop
Froggerphant (13) Vanilla Townie
Huntress (15) Vanilla Townie
A Simple Plan (17) Vanilla Townie
KCthecreeper (20) Vanilla Townie
Kaboose (28) Vanilla Townie
OceanWind (80) Mafia Rolecop
TheDominator37 (84) Mafia Goon

Actions:
Night 1
All Alone jailed A Simple Plan
OceanWind rolecopped Kaboose
Not_Mafia investigated All Alone
TheDominator37 killed All Alone

Night 2
OceanWind rolecopped A Simple Plan
Not_Mafia investigated OceanWind
OceanWind killed Frogganaut.

Dead Thread]
Mafia Thread
TheDominator37
TheDominator37
Mafia Scum
TheDominator37
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:32 pm

Post by TheDominator37 »

In post 364, Ether wrote:The thing with All Alone wasn't pro-town, exactly. Scum, ideally, want to mislynch whoever's vulnerable, but having townreads gives them credibility. Having a townread on a power role is a good idea because it's not like the power role is getting lynched anyway, so if ASP hadn't called you out, there wouldn't have been any downside. But if you're town, the best thing you can do if you spot a power role tell is to quietly slip away from that wagon and try not to draw attention to it, if possible. Sometimes you can't really do that subtly, but those are two different motivations.

The Kaboose wagon was so bad that even I was cringing, and I didn't have a win condition. Scum played to their audience, though, I'll give them that.

Did something I don't even know how to do! Score!
A Simple Plan
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:31 pm

Post by A Simple Plan »

I swear... Gosh dammit... Ocean, I swear dude, you are one lucky sob, because I definitely didn't see those as "crumbs" so much as stating a townread. My vote would've been on you with NM. would definitely be my thinking. I'd have believed you more if you said you investigated me, but after D2 when I called you out, you couldn't have done that due to your "you're scaring me" response. In all honesty, I'd have been more likely to swing a NM vote if you'd killed KT instead, because it would make me rethink most of my reads and question not only my uncertainty with NM, but probably left me completely uncertain about anyone, Frog included.

GG.
OceanWind
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:36 pm

Post by OceanWind »

In post 364, Ether wrote:The thing with All Alone wasn't pro-town, exactly. Scum, ideally, want to mislynch whoever's vulnerable, but having townreads gives them credibility. Having a townread on a power role is a good idea because it's not like the power role is getting lynched anyway, so if ASP hadn't called you out, there wouldn't have been any downside. But if you're town, the best thing you can do if you spot a power role tell is to quietly slip away from that wagon and try not to draw attention to it, if possible. Sometimes you can't really do that subtly, but those are two different motivations.

Good to know. Typically as mafia, I do things that either a) advance my wincon or b) I think I would have done as town. I felt this was the latter but I don't know if All Alone would have been killed if I hadn't caught the crumb. Perhaps with a different playerlist, I wouldn't have been the only one besides Huntress to catch it. It definitely did point to me once All Alone was killed but I was hoping for the wifom of "why would I point out who I was nightkilling?" which didn't work here.

You are right in that we played to the playerlist. If you had replaced in for instance, I'm sure you'd have known right away that I was mafia. I actually did read a couple of All Alone's games. There was a mafia PT where Plotinus pointed out that they lynched All Alone after All Alone had called the scumteam and that there was another game where All Alone was a roleblocker and called out the scumteam there too. Here though, it was mostly because we thought All Alone was a PR.

In post 367, A Simple Plan wrote:I swear... Gosh dammit... Ocean, I swear dude, you are one lucky sob, because I definitely didn't see those as "crumbs" so much as stating a townread. My vote would've been on you with NM. would definitely be my thinking. I'd have believed you more if you said you investigated me, but after D2 when I called you out, you couldn't have done that due to your "you're scaring me" response. In all honesty, I'd have been more likely to swing a NM vote if you'd killed KT instead, because it would make me rethink most of my reads and question not only my uncertainty with NM, but probably left me completely uncertain about anyone, Frog included.

GG.

Yeah, I knew I'd be your top suspicion. I was actually hoping to convince you otherwise through good LYLO play. I had a case on Not_Mafia thought up but KT voted before this could turn into a full blown lylo match.
OceanWind
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:39 pm

Post by OceanWind »

Not_Mafia being a cop and not claiming worked in the mafia's favor. I instantly knew he was a cop through his vote on me despite not rolecopping him so was able to claim first, and he would have looked bad if he said "no, I'M the cop and I'm the one with a guilty on you."

This setup favored town though. Cop + JK vs Goon + Rolecop. If we hadn't killed All Alone N1, that would have added an extra element into the game. Glad it is discontinued now.
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:22 pm

Post by Ether »

I actually didn't have a read on you (or anyone) on Day 1, and thought you felt genuinely antsy around the deadline. I don't think I'd have figured it out early through playing, either, but that's hard to say. By early Day 2, though, you'd stopped even trying to toe the line and it was pretty clear.

The balance might not be so bad. Here's the most recent data on 2of4 I could find, and while the sample size is small, daytalk does seem to be giving scum a strong advantage in recent newbie games. So aside from the doctor/vanilla subsetup, I'm not convinced this was townsided. Balance is hard.

Did you know that in the F11 subsetup with a cop against two goons, the town only won about 35% of the time, but in the Matrix6 cop/goon/goon subsetup, that's jumped to 51%? Seriously, mafia balance makes no goddamn sense.
As I move my vote
LOUDER
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:37 pm

Post by Ether »

Ether wrote:So aside from the doctor/vanilla subsetup, I'm not convinced this was townsided.
Er.

You know what I meant.
As I move my vote
LOUDER
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:59 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

GG scum, thanks Cherry for hosting

I can't recall time where I had to spell out I was cop, I thought it was obvious, and thought KT was faking not realising I was claiming a guilty
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:59 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 363, OceanWind wrote:Froggaphant - your gut was right on 1/2 scum and you were clearly town but I think it would have helped had you been more active and engaged.

I had the most posts in the game...so yeah
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:02 am

Post by Fro99er »

I have no idea why NMdudnt just directly and clearly counter claim.
Heil King Froggo.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”