Mini 499: Just Your typical Mafia Game GAME OVER!!!!!!!!

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:50 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Prof. Guppy wrote:
Unvote

Everybody's talking a blue streak about wanting me to defend myself. Hello? Newb here! I don't know how to do that! And I can only assume that nobody is going to tell me how, because then I'll just be parroting that suggestion, which could be seen as a scumtell. So, what can I do?

@theo: if we do skip a lynch, we WILL have usuful information when we wake up tomorrow. We'll know who the mafia killed, and that says they veiw this person as a threat. Maybe because they were onto something earlier, hmm?

Vote: theo

Plus, I don't live your avatar. There, I said it.

If you guys still want to lynch me, go right ahead. I'm still at L-2.
oh god, now you're starting to make some sense again. I remember how confusing it was when i was a newb. Even now, i find it hard to defend myself, because most attacks are WIFOM or OMGUS. However you are wrong about using deaths as info, because that is an example of WIFOM.
i.e. scum might try and kill someone in order to make someone else look suspicious.

BM

Mod Edit

Vote Count

From now on, so there's no confusion like there was on the last page, I'm going to do vote counts based on votes on/before the post at the top of each page rather than votes that were there when I get round to making the Vote Count.

Prof. Guppy- 5 (Battle Mage, cicero, daedalus, shaka!!, theopor_COD)

Honary Hitchhiker- 2 (AlyG, ChocolateAttack)
AlyG- 1 (somestrangeflea)
Battle Mage- 1 (pwayne66)
theopor_COD- 1 (Prof. Guppy)

Not voting (2): Gorgon, Honary Hitchhiker

7 to lynch
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:51 am

Post by Gorgon »

Battle Mage wrote:
Gorgon wrote:Phew. You're right. L-1 now.

You really should have explained that shaka!! was already voting for the Prof when you voted.

Don't ever do that again, BM. You scared the sh*t out of me. :shock:
ok, so you obviously have strong reason to believe Guppy is town right?
in which case, would you be so good as to explain your view, rather than let him die?
I don't have a strong reason per se ... as you can see in my previous post, it's based on how he was playing in the earlier game; much the same as this one, where he turned out town. Also, I don't think he's faking his apparent despair over being unfairly attacked. All in all, I think it's more likely than not that he's town, scummy as he
looks
. Besides, I think he deserves further chances to redeem himself. I've seen far too many games where someone who messes up like this is quicklynched and turns up town.

Anyway, my main concern is, of course, that regardless of PG's alignment, hammering would have ended the day on page 7, which is way too premature, IMO.

P.S. Prof. - I join BM in requesting a claim.
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:59 am

Post by pwayne66 »

I don't know. This was the first thought I had when you reacted the way you did. It just seems that you had to be pretty damn certain that Guppy is town to respond that way. I having a feeling that the gupster is town, but I don't know if I am anywhere near that certain.
Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:07 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

Oh, dang. Now I'm confirmed innocent. Now I'm due to get NKed. Oh, well, it was fun while it lasted. I really need to learn how to be ambiguous. How do you spell that?
I am the Titan of Trivia. Just ask StrangerCoug. I am the champion of his Wipeout game. Find it here.

I have a perfect Mafia record. I've died in every game I've been in.
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:13 am

Post by pwayne66 »

@Guppy. What is the case against you? I would look at the case people have thrown at you, simplify it and answers those charges. Don't get mad, don't take it personal. If somebody is voting for you and you don't know what their case, ask them. There should be some specific questions or charges being made though.
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:14 am

Post by pwayne66 »

Oh, dang. Now I'm confirmed innocent. Now I'm due to get NKed. Oh, well, it was fun while it lasted. I really need to learn how to be ambiguous. How do you spell that?
I think that the confirmation is still under question...
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:17 am

Post by Gorgon »

pwayne66 wrote:I don't know. This was the first thought I had when you reacted the way you did. It just seems that you had to be pretty damn certain that Guppy is town to respond that way. I having a feeling that the gupster is town, but I don't know if I am anywhere near that certain.
Hmm ...

If you're referring to my statement that BM was my top suspect, the reaction was mostly emotional. The prospect of ending the day prematurely like that shocked me no end, and I didn't even consider the possibility that PG would turn out scum when I posted that - my mind was filled with worst-case scenarios of doom and gloom. Anyway, ending the day early is always A Bad Thing ... regardless of whether scum or town gets lynched. Don't know what else I can say about that. Guess I'm not calm all the time.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:22 am

Post by Gorgon »

Prof. Guppy wrote:Oh, dang. Now I'm confirmed innocent. Now I'm due to get NKed. Oh, well, it was fun while it lasted. I really need to learn how to be ambiguous. How do you spell that?
You spelled that correctly ... but I fail to see how you're 'confirmed innocent'.
Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:36 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

Oh, so I'm not confirmed, but you guys are "pretty sure" I'm town? Okay, I can live with that.

Right now, I'm going to call shaka!! out. I really want to know why he's voting on me. It seems like he's taking one word I said and blowing it out of porportion. That's a Bad Move.

FoS: shaka!!
I am the Titan of Trivia. Just ask StrangerCoug. I am the champion of his Wipeout game. Find it here.

pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:38 am

Post by pwayne66 »

Oh, I wasn't clear. When I said "This was the first thought I had when you reacted the way you did." I was refering to being shocked and not wanting to end D1 without some more dialogue. BM's question caused me to react to this fact as it seemed to be an attack on your reluctance to lynch. I realised immediatly after posting my confirm vote what it was the BM was getting at and it grabbed my attention.

I cannot say that your answer satifies me, then again, I cannot imagine an answer that would. I still think it was fishy, but acknowledge that it could be, as you say, an emotional and pessimistic reaction.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:00 am

Post by cicero »

pwayne66 wrote:Ohgoodgodnotthisshiteagain.
/Grin.

Sowwy.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:47 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Is everyone active? Flea and Alyg seem particularly quiet.

I'm still shaking my head at some of the Professor's posts. I will hope to sift through it all later.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:56 am

Post by Gorgon »

Prof. Guppy wrote:Oh, so I'm not confirmed, but you guys are "pretty sure" I'm town? Okay, I can live with that
What do you want? A signed verdict from all of us saying that you're not scum? It doesn't work that way. Point is, we don't
know
. It's not a case of either we're 100% sure someone is scum, or we're 100% sure they're town. I find it hard to understand why you don't realise this. Can you yourself place other people in the categories 'confirmed scum', and 'confirmed town'? The only people who can do this are scum ... therefore, a viewpoint like your is, by definition, scummy. Townies have doubt, scum don't (not really, but of course they fake it). Therefore, you, just like everyone else, can only expect to be under further scrutiny, and that any suspicious activity on your part will be questioned. That's the way it works, and it's just something you're going to have to get used to ... and live with.

We're all on the same boat here. No one gets a free pass.
Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:02 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

You're right, I guess I got a little ahead of myself.

I still want to hear from shaka!! He seems to think that because I want to look innocent, I must be not innocent. Well, don't we all want to look innocent? Aren't townies entitled to be a little concerned about their image?

theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:05 am

Post by theopor_COD »

I dunno I think there's some kind of genuine stuff from Guppy. He's certainly not reacted too well to the pressure built up mainly from CLA and then his original entrance but I can sort of see a few town vibes there. Mind it could all be a ruse. Seperately I think BM is town aswell believe it or not. Now to have a look at everyone elses posts.

unvote

Whilst I do so.
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:08 am

Post by JordanA24 »

Prodding AlyG
Please delete my comment from your sig...such an awful joke- Battle Mage

Politics Mafia currently requires 1 replacement, please PM me if interested.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:25 am

Post by Battle Mage »

theopor_COD wrote: Seperately I think BM is town aswell believe it or not.
This is the first time, in about 10 games, over the last few days, that anyone has actually said this. I reccommend as soon as some of these games end, people do some meta-gaming, and stop lynching me just for being me! :twisted:
I'm frankly sick of being the only person who nobody cares about getting BWed. :(
I'm not scum in every single game i play. It would be nice if at least some towns didnt spend their whole time attacking me for BS reasoning.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:29 am

Post by Gorgon »

Prof. Guppy wrote:I still want to hear from shaka!! He seems to think that because I want to look innocent, I must be not innocent. Well, don't we all want to look innocent? Aren't townies entitled to be a little concerned about their image?
You're absolutely right on this. Like I said earlier, there are certain 'rules' that apply, even for townies. Given that saying certain things is more likely to make one look guilty than others, of course avoiding saying these things applies to townies as well as scum.

However, the phrasing 'make me look innocent' happens to be one of those things. It suggests that you really are guilty, but want to
look
innocent, so I fully understand that shaka!! called you out on this. Also, yet again there are some things you don't seem to realise. Scum, who you're trying to catch (supposing that you are town), don't 'think' anything about who's innocent or guilty. They
know
. So, voting shaka!! because he 'thinks you're guilty', is illogical. You might mean that he's pretending to think that, which would be scummy. However, I myself see little reason to assume this, as I believe that his point is valid enough that a townie might easily have made it. You see the difference? It's little details like these that matter. What you should be looking for when finding scum are signs that someone is faking things, being inconsistent, etc.

(Man, if you
are
scum, I'm going to be kicking myself for coaching you like this. I just have a soft spot for newbies, being one myself :P)
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:38 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Christ BM calm down.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:40 am

Post by Battle Mage »

theopor_COD wrote:Christ BM calm down.
Its not just this game lol. General crap-logic in all my games is majorly frustrating. And if i'm honest, you have been a perpetrator of this at times aswell. :cry:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:43 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Battle Mage wrote:
theopor_COD wrote:Christ BM calm down.
Its not just this game lol. General crap-logic in all my games is majorly frustrating. And if i'm honest, you have been a perpetrator of this at times aswell. :cry:
Who me?

Only during the first few pages . . . I despise day ones whatever game I'm playing in. You should know I only jest.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:47 am

Post by somestrangeflea »

Theo wrote:Flea and Alyg seem particularly quiet.
Apologies. I have been quiet this game, but this was partially intentional. The game seems to have a "conversational style", for lack of any better words. I've read the posts in this thread, then refreshed to literally find ten more.

Sorree!
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:49 am

Post by Gorgon »

lol BM, the only person I've seen using crap logic on you in this game is PG, and that was to paint you as town, not scum. :P Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on this.

Plus, you've not even come close to being bandwagoned ...
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:50 am

Post by cicero »

theopor_COD wrote:Is everyone active? Flea and Alyg seem particularly quiet.

I'm still shaking my head at some of the Professor's posts. I will hope to sift through it all later.
AlyG is totally AWOL at this point. And interestingly, he was under suspicion prior to his disappearance.

Flea popped in long enough to admit to lurking on purpose, as I recall. In post 123. But now that there is more to respond to he still isn't here. It is very *deliberate* lurking. In addition, and more importantly, I wasn't impressed at his reasons for suspecting AlyG early in the game.

I admit I am still new to mafia but I'm starting to see some patterns emerge. One of them is that townies seem to think honestly. They come to conclusions that I myself might make and then vacillate about them. Whenever I see someone get a bandwagon rocking for reasons that make me roll my eyes...I raise my eyebrows. The second is that people are always at newbies for acting scummy and it appears that townies get lynched a lot that way.

Now - Guppy. You are not off my suspicion list. No sirree jack. Not by a long shot. Your inconsistencies respecting your level of experience are the biggest problem. Gorgon (I believe it was) pointed them out. Add to that that you are acting stereotypically scummy and that before you came in people were already suspicious of your predecessor and you can see why you have people's attention. But given that you remind me of me in my last game, I'm going to give you a little bit of rope for the moment and turn my attention to somestrangeflea so that he doesn't get to fly under the radar.

I'm definitely not voting for battlemage yet. He's 100% right. He acts like this in every game.

Unvote high strung newbie who seems eerily and embarrassingly familar to cicero.

Vote somestrangeflea
. Get in the game, son.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:04 am

Post by Gorgon »

SSF managed to sneak in while cicero was writing, but what he (SSF) has to say in no way invalidates his (cicero's) points. I've poked SSF two times now for being inactive in the game, and he shows little signs of improvement.

SSF, the rest of us find it easy to keep up. Give us
something
. I hope to hear from you soon about
anything
that has at least a little bearing on this game. If you're not going to be active in this game, you may as well get yourself replaced. It's as simple as that.

Vote: somestrangeflea
, for additional lurker-busting pressure.
I want to concentrate on playing one game at a time so I'm not available for replacements. If this changes I will change this sig accordingly.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”