Scumleague FF 2015 (Locke, Yiley, TD37!)

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Axxle
Axxle
Mafia Scum
Axxle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:54 pm

Post by Axxle »

In post 1308, D3f3nd3r wrote:If L3 projections hold, the playoff spots go to:

1: TD37
2: Axxle
3: Mith
4: Bert

Confirming this. Rematch for me and mith going into next week, hoping for a repeat performance!

TD is definitely the favorite though, 134 points with a kicker still in the game.
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:06 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

In post 1320, PokerFace wrote:you were 8 with 5-8 and 1145 ptf
khan was 9 with 5-8 and 1141 ptf

you are both winning your games

khan currently has highest score this week of 114.90. You currently have 88.50 this week with Lamar miller left. He needs to get you about 22. Lamar did get a 35 something earlier in season so he could save you

Looking good for Lamar. 19 points and we're only halfway there.
“The assumption of good faith is dead”

(profile pic by datisi)
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:39 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

It's really a heck of a way to seal the last guaranteed L2 spot.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:11 pm

Post by Wraith »

If only Eli was my QB in THIS league, where I actually have a chance and don't have ODB on the other guy's team.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:17 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

#Dare2Agar
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:24 pm

Post by zoraster »

so this week my team decided to score 130 points.......
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:25 pm

Post by T-Bone »

Wish my team would have decided to do that a little more often!
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:26 pm

Post by zoraster »

I thin kthis means I'm safe from relegation as both Wrath of Romo and Beavers Love Wood lost with low scores.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:36 pm

Post by Wraith »

By the way my new position is "Fuck Divisions." This has absolutely no relation to the fact that I was knocked out of the playoffs due to division record.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Yiley
Yiley
He/Him
Goon
Yiley
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:37 pm

Post by Yiley »

The fact that I almost wasn't in due to divisions also makes me adverse to divisions.
Permanent scum read
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:47 pm

Post by AGar »

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:08 pm

Post by Rob14 »

Congrats Agar. I had a hard time overcoming injuries this year. In the end, injuries to Forte, Sanders, Gronk, Edelman, and a slew of my backups were just too much. The injuries to the Chargers offense also killed Rivers' value.

I need to do a couple things differently next year.

1) Do not use the waiver wire unless it gives me an RB1 for 2+ weeks. It's just not worth it otherwise. I used waivers better this year, but that Forte injury cost me big. It's impossible to draft enough legit RBs without compromising other parts of my strategy, so I need to be able to effectively pick up players when needed.

2) Pay more attention to defense in the preseason. I thought I was drafting a weekly shutdown defense in Houston, but they sucked, and I HATE streaming defenses rathe than having a mostly-weekly option.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:10 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

FF isn't going to be fair. While there is some skill involved its going to be mostly luck.

but if we got rid of divisions then the whole "but I scored more points than you, you have a better record but my team is better!" then the argument becomes "ok, lets axe PVP and go straight point scored" and I think that'll be boring.

Also hype for my team in auction.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:44 pm

Post by AGar »

Hey Rob, kudos to a hell of a competitive season this year. It was back and forth all season long, and there wasn't a dull moment. You could easily be in this spot instead of me and be just as deserving. Wouldn't have wanted anyone else to come down to the wire against. Looking forward to next year, I hope were in the same division so we get a few matches against each other.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:58 pm

Post by zoraster »

In post 1336, Rob14 wrote:Congrats Agar. I had a hard time overcoming injuries this year. In the end, injuries to Forte, Sanders, Gronk, Edelman, and a slew of my backups were just too much. The injuries to the Chargers offense also killed Rivers' value.

I need to do a couple things differently next year.

1) Do not use the waiver wire unless it gives me an RB1 for 2+ weeks. It's just not worth it otherwise. I used waivers better this year, but that Forte injury cost me big. It's impossible to draft enough legit RBs without compromising other parts of my strategy, so I need to be able to effectively pick up players when needed.

2) Pay more attention to defense in the preseason. I thought I was drafting a weekly shutdown defense in Houston, but they sucked, and I HATE streaming defenses rathe than having a mostly-weekly option.

You can do all the research you want into defenses preseason but the reason it's dumb to draft them early is they're not that predictable, particularly from year to year.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:00 pm

Post by Rob14 »

I don't draft early. I drafted like 3-4 rounds from last, when the players are not people I would want to start anyway. There will be better options on waivers if I'm in desperate need.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:04 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

In post 1330, zoraster wrote:so this week my team decided to score 130 points.......

Yeah, you winning keeps you safe instead of me.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:29 pm

Post by AGar »

In other news, I lost in my big $$$ league this week, so my best hope is to recoup $100 of my $150 entry if Cam keeps outscoring Brady and he wins MVP or OPOY (hurrah superlative payouts!).

And because of this, I'm drunk.

Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1343 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:07 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

In post 1337, Nero Cain wrote:FF isn't going to be fair. While there is some skill involved its going to be mostly luck.

but if we got rid of divisions then the whole "but I scored more points than you, you have a better record but my team is better!" then the argument becomes "ok, lets axe PVP and go straight point scored" and I think that'll be boring.

Getting rid of divisions isn't about getting rid of variance, it's about not adding more variance for the sole sake of adding variance.
Yiley
Yiley
He/Him
Goon
Yiley
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1344 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:15 pm

Post by Yiley »

I'm fine with divisions, just I don't want the winner of a division to be automatically in. Yes they should be in, but only if they are actually one of the best four teams. I understand fantasy football requires a good bit of luck, but when a team is in the playoffs, and can feasibly get promoted, and there are teams with more points and better records, who are not in the playoffs, well that just doesn't make sense.
Permanent scum read
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1345 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:37 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

perhaps we should change the promotion/relegation model?

but if we did that then I could see it getting subjective i.e; "I had a better team b/c..."
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1346 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:26 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

This is all subjective. People can't even agree on the best way to measure how good teams are - we've seen people argue for both total points and EPE pretty recently. What about if your team had a high points total because it was great for the first 7 weeks and then mediocre for 7 but you sneaked into the playoffs ahead of a team that started badly to get way behind in total points then put up the highest score in the league for the last four? The other team is probably going to be much better in the playoffs but any of our regular suggestions would have your team in the playoffs.

I said this last year but I'll say it again - if you want the head to head matchups to mean something, you have to accept the random fluctuations and luck that comes with that.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1347 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:26 pm

Post by Rob14 »

I can agree with that. I just think divisions adds to the luck significantly. I could possibly get behind the idea of assigning divisions AFTER the draft based on Yahoo draft grade, if that's possible. Is that technically possible and something people would be interested in? All it would do is at least attempt to create balanced divisions.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1348 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:38 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Because of divisions peg has less points than wraith, but peg makes playoffs since someone in l2d1 must make playoffs (both peg and wraith are 9-5). everyone but PEG in l2d1 is getting relegated. Zach needed 2.06 more points from lamar. Baring any stat corrections, l2d1 has 3 players going to relegation and l2d3 has 1. l2d2 has none being relegated
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1349 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:23 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Oh yeah, I'd never claim that divisions don't add an extra element of luck to the process. I just think that people spend so much time talking about whether teams did or didn't deserve their record but they gloss over the fact that the fundamental H2H structure of most fantasy football leagues is a fairly flawed way to determine which team is 'best', however you want to define it. If you actually want to address what we might define as unfair records, we should just stop using single H2H matchups.

As for doing divisions differently, I'd rather do something like what we did in baseball this year and have the division winners draft their division the next year than use draft grades. That at least offers the chance for some balance and rivalry rather than being completely random.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”