Blitz 18: Wedding Invitational Mafia - GAME OVER

This forum was a trial run for quick games with deadlines no more than 96 hours per Day. Please see more here
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:28 am

Post by Ms Marangal »

Anyway

Nati
Bro
Ceph
Mala
Nacho
Empire
GIF
Pie

Maybeee GM, unlikely though

These are the people I feel like have a decent chance/feel uncomfortable with atm

I am not really fond of empires silence
I am not really fond with gifs only productive thing (iirc) is his attempt to 1v1
Willing to let bro go due to ap
Not really sure why I feel uneasy about nati but nati is nati so...
Mala is scum
I feel like ceph is being low-key and not as aggressive as i am used to him being. Dont even remember him giving any opinions really, which concerns me greatly
Nacho, i'm paranoid for ~reasons~ but I think I may drop them
Pie ehhhhh, idk
Show

Cabd: trolling mara is everyone's TRUE wincon

We the purple Mafia II!

Pre-in's:2/9
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:31 am

Post by Cephrir »

Am I really that unmemorable? I feel like I have some pretty clear opinions :(
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:13 am

Post by Tammy »

I kinda want to lynch GiF. I think one of the things that ffery reads GiF by is how in tune he is with the gamestate and seeing things the way she's seeing them. I'm not ffery, but he seems quite out of tune with the game. I'm barely reading and paying attention and even I'm recognizing crap. So, that has me concerned. I suppose he could be trolling.

I don't think the bride or groom needs to claim today because neither one of them are going to be lynched today anyway.

I'm going back to working on my portfolio.

But real quick:

Scum definitely are not bussing each other. It feels like they've gone the defend route and that's why we can't get anything done really. That or people are really overestimating their ability to town read each other.

Speaking of: Nacho could you explain your super duper strong out of this world town read on pie? Cuz like the only thing she's done is flare up at empire for scum hunting her. I realize I've barely skimmed this game, but am I missing something?

Also Nacho - If you thought you were going to die last night, which you seemed to think you were at end of day when we thought we caught Syr (Sorry Syr btw :( ), why wouldn't you explore even not significant paranoia?
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:18 am

Post by BROseidon »

Guys I really think GiF is town.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:18 am

Post by BROseidon »

Like, maybe I'm horribly wrong, but it feels like way too many people are remembering to talk about him for him to be scum.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:32 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 1038, AngryPidgeon wrote:GM claimed VT but people seem to incorrectly interpreting that as a PR claim.

I claimed "not B or G". That's not the same as VT.

Current Townreads/leans: Tammy (?), Cephrir, BRO, Nacho (?), Empire, pie, AP, GIF, Mala(?).
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:05 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1179, BROseidon wrote:Like, maybe I'm horribly wrong, but it feels like way too many people are remembering to talk about him for him to be scum.

It's harder to escape detection when there's less chaff.
Bartleby the Scrivener
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:16 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Tammy is observant.

Im more null on GIF than other people. He's right around Cephrir and GM in my reads.

Mala is a lynch that a lot of my town reads support which is why Im there right now. I don't agree that scum aren't bussing. There is a lot of votes going around and Id bet there is at least some bussing that happened. If this sounds vague and moot that might be because I feel any line of thought on the matter is the wrong way to approach the game until we have a scum flip.

GIF offering to 1v1 mara could be an easy way to look interested on the game and look busy while doing nothing. I don't think he expected people to fall in line with that idea since neither of them are popular lynch candidates. Not sure how likely he is to do that as scum and I am not getting the same vibes I did when he was scum in WeThePurple. That was mostly wisdom posting for them, but still. I want to hear his read on Nati.

Speaking of scum bussing, I wouldn't be at all surprised if mala and otsci are a team given what has happened there.

Empire concerns me. His early posts didn't make me think he was coming from a town angle. He has had some emotional appeals that felt right to me but they were sort of injected into the game. Not sure why people are hand waving this read, especially nacho.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:36 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

I reread a bit on my way to work today, didn't get as far as I'd have liked.

BRO and Tammy are still solid town reads. BRO's claim and the followup on his flavor just doesn't strike me as something he'd do as scum in this way. I think the personal connection he made to his flavor is something he wouldn't do unless it was honest the earnestness with which he presented it strikes me as town. I also like that he was taking a leadership position at various points. Tammy still just feels town to me. I don't have anything very concrete on her but I thought her opening posts to me were genuine. The questions she's asking are good at various places. Her focus has made sense to me. If these two are scum then kudos and you can have a free win I suppose, courtesy of me.

Nati's opening post about this being mountainous with 2 masons in the game is interesting to me. I need some time to look that over and think about it. Obviously BRO claimed miller on P1 so Nati didn't read that or is scum with BRO and disregarded it passively, or SOMETHING. (Not reading is pretty probable though, so kind of a wash to speculate on that). Nati was pretty far off base with the spec and I have some information about the setup that discredits a lot of that. Im guessing that scum knows something similar and Nati would probably have to have known that what she posted was incorrect, so trying to figure out how honest I think that spec was.

Nacho is pretty much looking like town for the claim. Claimed PR on like P5 or something and then followed that up with a tracker claim against Syryana later on. I'm skeptical about the rest of the things he's done. It isn't any one of his posts that gives me pause like they did in that newbie game I played with him (ffery modded that too!). Its more his entire presence in the game is just not something I'm capable of writing off at this point. I -could- see him going into this game as scum with a 'fuck it' mindset and just being as troll as possible. I don't know what I want to see from him, but this continued playstyle is going to bounce off of me.

I made it back to the pieguy/empire walls which are the first thing in the game to really slingshot us out of random reference strategy and into more serious cases. Random comments on each of them... I'm not sure I buy Pie's reason for wanting to not have the B/G claim.

In post 136, Empire wrote:At that point, I honestly thought there were the traditional 3-4 scum but I had a misconception about something that I really don't think I should talk about now.

I'd honestly like a followup on this. Traditional 3-4 scum is a boring assumption and one that I assume(d) and assume(d) that you also assume(d). Why the L-2 comment?

Then of course we get to the part where Pieguy sees Empire saying that Pie is scum and overreacts to it. Then we get which is interesting. Empire is sheeping Bork's points on Pie and Bork tells Pie that Pie's assertion that she is 'transparently town' is egregious. Pie moves away from that and focuses on Empire despite having been told by one of her two townreads that she is not town and saying as much is egregious. Of course this was all started by Empire calling Pie scum. Very confrontational which could be because of the past game in question. Not really glistening as much from this as I'd hope I would. feels earnest about the "Who he'd go after" bit but not conclusively. I think I'd rule out this being T/S :S. Pie retorts in where the whole thing just kind of deescalates quickly. Pie and Empire's discussion of Nacho was pretty terrible. Pie dropping all the suspicion on Empire is weird.

Since that whole backandforth, Empire has dropped a lot of AtE sort of posts that felt right to me but are also existing in a sort of vacuum. Not out of the realm of fakeability, especially since empire clearly understands his own biases and emotions. Pie had a similar one with the "we are getting rolled epically" comment which is something I'd like to reflect on more.

This post is long and inconclusive. Suck it.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:55 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Skim of GIF's ISO doesn't really change my opinion on him at all. I liked his interactions with Bork and I think his push on Mara is poorly conceived, but not a facade.
I noticed that Bork was really big on Nati being town so I'm loosely inclined to sheep that for now.

Not sure how easy I think this game is. I wish the townies in this game were capable of just being obvious town instead of jerking each other off. Im probably guilty of that too so y'know. Nacho is the worst offender of this if he is town.

I think I like the fact that GM is trying to pretend that she isn't a VT. So thats something. This is becoming a -shrug- tier read much like Cephrir. And if I ever learned from the past I'd lynch aggressively in that group of people, but I dont so I wont.

I'd probably just push ahead with the Mala lynch at this point. Mara is convinced that NotSci is town so I can look the other way there for today.
Nacho is definitely someone I might lynch but don't really want to expend effort on right now.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:04 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Ceph, have you ever rolled town before? Just ever in general? Cause my memory and my brief hunting suggests not, lol.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:11 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

UNVOTE: Malakittens; VOTE: Malakittens

If we aren't agreed on this Today (does anyone have serious objections?) then lets start lynching Nacho for fun. Or maybe empire/pie.

If you clowns are going to continue to lurk and provide throwaway comments then spare me and hammer Mala.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:12 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

And for the record, I'm certainly not confident about anything this game. There are very few things I would bet on, but I think this is a reasonable course of action all things considered.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:12 am

Post by Cephrir »

Short answer: no

Actual answer: It's rare, I can find a couple for you though
Bartleby the Scrivener
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:14 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

I guess I wouldn't mind looking but I don't know if it'll do much for me. I need mastin in here and screaming about how scum you are in order to properly read you ;)
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:16 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

You feel less pointed/focused than you do as scum. In the games I was with you in, I recall you making more quote-walls as scum and focusing harder on specific reads. You've either adapted here, changed your style, or are just town. Still Im not seeing anything from you that really makes me want to townread you and perhaps that is a good sign. You are kind of lowkey but still around, I'd probably expect something different from scum who is halfway decent at being scum.

If you had to dayvig 2 people who would they be and how would you feel about doing it?
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:18 am

Post by BROseidon »

I'm waiting for a claim of groom-bride/not groom-bride from mala.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:19 am

Post by BROseidon »

Unless she isn't at like L-3 anymore.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:19 am

Post by BROseidon »

In which case I'll gladly park my vote there again.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:27 am

Post by Tammy »

Unless I just don't know how to read, Shes not the bride or groom.
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:29 am

Post by BROseidon »

I guess she's sort of implied it in her posts, but I can't find an explicit claim. Maybe I'm dumb.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:29 am

Post by Malakittens »

I'm not B or G. I'm however a PR though.

I'm the father of the bride.

I'm also a motivator. I targeted Tammy last night.

I was thinking about Nacho, but my paranoia got the best of me so I didn't /:
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:30 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

A motivator does what exactly?
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:30 am

Post by Malakittens »

In post 1195, BROseidon wrote:I guess she's sort of implied it in her posts, but I can't find an explicit claim. Maybe I'm dumb.

I think I have seen a soft claim of one from another player, but I'm refusing to point it out. I mean if I saw it and scum aren't dumb they probably have too, but invade they haven't I'm keeping it hush-hush.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:31 am

Post by Malakittens »

Let's someone use two actions in the following night instead of one.

Return to “Blitz Games Trial”