Newbie 1667: Bushfire! (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:17 am

Post by Jake from State Farm »

Just a heads up , today is very busy for me so I won't be able to do any catchup stuff today. Tomorrow I'll get back to this
Robbed of a scummy for what had to be the best unvote in mafiascum history.

Sometimes I get heated and don’t realize it. If I get like this please somebody tell me to take a break and chill out. Thanks in advance.
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:34 am

Post by Radical Rat »

I think I'm approaching the prod threshold, but nothing significant has happened.

So here's an updated read list

Town:
GM
Jake from State Farm
Shrike
ai_shuu

Scum:
AzoriousSenate
Performer

Null:
TIMU( Slight scum lean? Town lean? This slot is weird... )
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:34 am

Post by Radical Rat »

Ask if you want reads elaborated on.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:44 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

Votecount 2.08

Jake from State Farm (2) goodmorning; Performer;
Performer (2) ai_shuuu; shrike;
Radical Rat (2) AzoriusSenate; This is my username;
AzoriusSenate (1) Radical Rat;
shrike (0)
This is my username (0)
ai_shuuu (0)
goodmorning (0)

Not voting: Jake from State Farm;

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

Day 2 Deadline (expired on 2015-12-20 18:42:02)
Last edited by Cheery Dog on Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
AzoriusSenate
AzoriusSenate
Goon
AzoriusSenate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:58 am

Post by AzoriusSenate »

@goodmorning
I think it's coming up on a time where we need to decide on a lynch for today. I notice you have your vote on Jake. I 100% agree that Jake's slot has been leaning scum for me most of the game. I think I would lynch in Rat/Jake today.

Could you provide thoughts on who would be the best lynch for town or give us some people that we should look at? I would feel more comfortable with lynching my own scumreads or at the very least the scumreads of someone who is more experienced in forum mafia and is 99% town.
Plains and Islands
AzoriusSenate
AzoriusSenate
Goon
AzoriusSenate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:01 am

Post by AzoriusSenate »

In post 476, Radical Rat wrote:I think I'm approaching the prod threshold, but nothing significant has happened.

So here's an updated read list

Town:
GM
Jake from State Farm
Shrike
ai_shuu

Scum:
AzoriousSenate
Performer

Null:
TIMU( Slight scum lean? Town lean? This slot is weird... )

May I ask what causes you to townread Jake?
Plains and Islands
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:10 am

Post by Radical Rat »

Vettrock's scumminess was based solely on his absence. The fact that he let himself get replaced instead of just filler posting to avoid prods tells me it was likely real life circumstances.

Enter Jake. His motivation to go back through the thread and share his thoughts on everything that happened makes more sense for a Town than a scum who could easily use catching up as an excuse to lurk.
AzoriusSenate
AzoriusSenate
Goon
AzoriusSenate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:27 am

Post by AzoriusSenate »

In post 481, Radical Rat wrote:Vettrock's scumminess was based solely on his absence. The fact that he let himself get replaced instead of just filler posting to avoid prods tells me it was likely real life circumstances.

Enter Jake. His motivation to go back through the thread and share his thoughts on everything that happened makes more sense for a Town than a scum who could easily use catching up as an excuse to lurk.

His catch up posts have been about mostly stuff that doesn't even matter anymore. Catch up posts can be made by both town AND scum and the creation of one isn't alignment indicative. It's the content that you need to parse through.
Plains and Islands
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:36 am

Post by Radical Rat »

I'm looking at his motivation and willingness here. Scum would use catching up as an excuse for little or poor content. Jake is using it to contribute and ask questions.

Also, I firmly believe that nothing in a Mafia game ever ceases to be important. There isn't a single event that couldn't benefit from having a new perspective on or a new idea about it.

When you forget and ignore things, Scum wins.
AzoriusSenate
AzoriusSenate
Goon
AzoriusSenate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:37 am

Post by AzoriusSenate »

In post 482, AzoriusSenate wrote:
In post 481, Radical Rat wrote:Vettrock's scumminess was based solely on his absence. The fact that he let himself get replaced instead of just filler posting to avoid prods tells me it was likely real life circumstances.

His catch up posts have been about mostly stuff that doesn't even matter anymore. Catch up posts can be made by both town AND scum and the creation of one isn't alignment indicative. It's the content that you need to parse through.

Well I shouldn't say that first part. Obviously reads can be gathered through looking at previous convos. I guess what I was trying to say that most of what he has been saying hasn't been hitting me as particularly relevant.
Plains and Islands
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:51 am

Post by Radical Rat »

Well, his commentary on Mort helped a lot with analyzing the slot, even if Most himself is gone.
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:06 am

Post by shrike »

In post 454, goodmorning wrote:

In post 445, shrike wrote:
I understand that. That's why I think you should've read through the game first and form some opinions before responding to gm's low effort jabs.

Low effort jabs like that one right there? ouch.

That post was really badly phrased. I made it when I was mad at somthing irl and it definitely shows.
In post 456, Jake from State Farm wrote:
Not a fan of shrike's 114 and 115

Any particular reason?
In post 468, Performer wrote:Hi all,
shrike's post where he picked apart my previous post , was questionable; but I don't have the time to get into that right now.

Note to Cheery: if others aren't happy about my situation at all, then I am ok with being replaced. But I do sincerely wish to continue on Sunday, if I am not replaced.

I don't really want to see you replaced. People replacing out seems to nullify most of the work we've done building a case against them, and I want to hear a response to my post from you.
In post 474, goodmorning wrote:
Ultimately, though, speculating on a No-Kill is much better for Scum than it is for Town, which is why we should stop it here.

Didn't we decide this about 5 pages ago? Who brought this up again?
In post 477, Radical Rat wrote:Ask if you want reads elaborated on.

Can you elaborate on your read on Performer?
I want to know how you're putting him in the same catergory as Azorius, who you've been tunneling all day.
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:14 am

Post by shrike »

Not sure how relevant this is, but RR started townreading Jake very early.
He says that he has "good feelings about this slot" in when the only constructive posts Jake has made at this point are and
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:56 am

Post by shrike »

@ai_shuuu
Can you explain why you're voting Performer?
Is it because you don't like how he cahnged his views on RR or are there other reasons as well?
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:40 pm

Post by goodmorning »

In post 479, AzoriusSenate wrote:@goodmorning
I think it's coming up on a time where we need to decide on a lynch for today. I notice you have your vote on Jake. I 100% agree that Jake's slot has been leaning scum for me most of the game. I think I would lynch in Rat/Jake today.

Could you provide thoughts on who would be the best lynch for town or give us some people that we should look at? I would feel more comfortable with lynching my own scumreads or at the very least the scumreads of someone who is more experienced in forum mafia and is 99% town.

tbh I am not sure. I'm kind of convincing myself I really want a TIMU lynch for ~reasons~ but what will I do if I'm wrong????

In post 486, shrike wrote:
I understand that. That's why I think you should've read through the game first and form some opinions before responding to gm's low effort jabs.

That post was really badly phrased. I made it when I was mad at somthing irl and it definitely shows.

(actually i kind of enjoyed it, don't worry)

Ultimately, though, speculating on a No-Kill is much better for Scum than it is for Town, which is why we should stop it here.

No idea. TIMU, I think?
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:04 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 477, Radical Rat wrote:Ask if you want reads elaborated on.

Can you elaborate on your read on Performer?
I want to know how you're putting him in the same catergory as Azorius, who you've been tunneling all day.

He's in the same category, not the same strength.
I put him there because my read on him has been suspicious from the start, and as he was starting to look good, he mentioned liking my posts deducing the set-up. Those posts were scummy, and no Townie should have liked them. I had my reasons for posting them pro-Town, but the fact is that post was actually meant to inform the Mafia, not the Town. As such, people liking those posts( TIMU and Performer ) look kinda scummy.

The reason TIMU isn't on my list as well then, is that There are only two scum, and the Most/TIMU slot has been giving me inconsistent reads, while Performer has always looked somewhat suspicious.
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:06 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 489, goodmorning wrote:

tbh I am not sure. I'm kind of convincing myself I really want a TIMU lynch for ~reasons~ but what will I do if I'm wrong????

(actually i kind of enjoyed it, don't worry)

No idea. TIMU, I think?
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:08 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

I'm not opposed to a TIMU lunch. While I am uncertain about how I read them right now... I do feel like their flip will be an informative one.
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:09 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

Sorry about 491. Accidentally hit submit trying to slim down that quote.
This is my username
This is my username
Goon
This is my username
Goon
Goon

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:31 pm

Post by This is my username »

Not sure what this is supposed to mean. If you're wrong then you lynch Town, you will be put into potential MyLo, and my flip puts some more evidence against RR and Jake. Don't see why a confirmed Town sees the need to say this. Why am I even pointing out weird statements for confirmed Town? Still, here we go again with you not telling the reason for lynching someone by the way. Please share it with us, we desire the information!

Anyway, I wouldn't mind lynching RR/Jake like Azorius. Speaking of Azor, I actually saw him in Epicmafia today XD
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:24 pm

Post by shrike »

In post 490, Radical Rat wrote:
I put him there because my read on him has been suspicious from the start, and as he was starting to look good, he mentioned liking my posts deducing the set-up. Those posts were scummy, and no Townie should have liked them. I had my reasons for posting them pro-Town, but the fact is that post was actually meant to inform the Mafia, not the Town. As such, people liking those posts( TIMU and Performer ) look kinda scummy.

This reasoning confuses me a bit. You're accusing someone for liking posts you see as scummy. Wouldn't a member of the mafia be likely to pretend to dislike scummy posts in order to get a townie mislynched? Why did you make those posts in the first place if you think they help the mafia?
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:30 pm

Post by shrike »

tbh I am not sure. I'm kind of convincing myself I really want a TIMU lynch for ~reasons~

If I had a dollar for every vague post you made I'd be a rich man by now.
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:39 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 495, shrike wrote:
In post 490, Radical Rat wrote:

This reasoning confuses me a bit. You're accusing someone for liking posts you see as scummy. Wouldn't a member of the mafia be likely to pretend to dislike scummy posts in order to get a townie mislynched? Why did you make those posts in the first place if you think they help the mafia?

Well, if my posts benefit them, they'd want me alive as an informant. So they'd defend me, and if the rest lynch me they get to say "I told you so" and gain towncred.

That next bit's a difficult question to answer. I'm sorry, but I have to ask you to trust me there.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:09 pm

Post by goodmorning »

In post 494, This is my username wrote:

Not sure what this is supposed to mean. If you're wrong then you lynch Town, you will be put into potential MyLo, and my flip puts some more evidence against RR and Jake. Don't see why a confirmed Town sees the need to say this. Why am I even pointing out weird statements for confirmed Town? Still, here we go again with you not telling the reason for lynching someone by the way. Please share it with us, we desire the information!

Anyway, I wouldn't mind lynching RR/Jake like Azorius. Speaking of Azor, I actually saw him in Epicmafia today XD

Well, I can't really explain it because it hinges on things we shouldn't talk about.

If I'm wrong it'll probably destroy my confidence for a solid few days.

In post 496, shrike wrote:
tbh I am not sure. I'm kind of convincing myself I really want a TIMU lynch for ~reasons~

If I had a dollar for every vague post you made I'd be a rich man by now.

If there were a way to make money off of vague posting I couldn't possibly do it more than I do now.

--
@Jake: I don't want to rush you, but deadline is nearing and we're down Performer's vote if we want to lynch anyone but you.
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:37 pm

Post by shrike »

What happens if we reach the deadline without a vote? Is it a no-lynch?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”