Newbie 1667: Bushfire! (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:29 am

Post by Radical Rat »

Spoiler: TIMU posts I liked( For Jake )
In post 294, This is my username wrote:Post 24 by Radical Rat is bad, most likely to help with getting out of RvS though. Towny.

Post 32 by PhantomCobalt makes me think he’s Town, that’s a pretty good plan he had.

Post 38 by Radical Rat seems weird to me. Strange reaction to expect.

Post 49 by goodmorning seems ridiculous, state your case don’t make people guess it

Post 52 by al_shuuu is pretty Towny

Post 104 by AzoriusSenate doesn’t feel like something a Town would say. I don’t like that post.

Post 126 by AzoriusSenate is way too forced, clearly defending himself

Post 171 by PhantomCobalt is weird but then again idk what WIFOM is.

Post 185 by goodmorning is true. I’m liking it, however :)

Post 210 by al_shuuu seems weird to me somehow. I don’t like his initial reasoning about Azorius’s RR read.

Post 211 by PhantomCobalt seems like desperate scum trying to keep themselves away from a lynch. I don’t believe this claim. However, this isn’t a good scumclaim so I’m inclined to believe the claim for now.

Post 214 by AzoriusSenate is pretty good. Solid reasoning and a good case. More inclined to believe he’s Town.

Post 225 by goodmorning confirms my and Azorius’s suspicions. R.I.P., PhantomCobalt.

Post 230 announcing that PhantomCobalt is scu--

Well back to Post 225, I am now convinced that goodmorning is Town even if PhantomCobalt decided that the stupidest claim ever was a good idea and was somehow Town.

Post 237 by goodmorning asks a question I can safely say yes to.

Post 252 by AzoriusSenate, earlier RR had mentioned something about being unable to play for a few days if I’m correct.

Post 266 by vettrock is pretty good.

Post 272 by RR might be good logic, but what does the JK do?

Post 273 by Performer, although he has a decent point, feels like he’s counter-voting to push suspicion away from him. RR simply didn’t elaborate his case.
VOTE: Performer

Post 274 by Performer completely undermines what I just said. >.<
UNVOTE: Performer

Posts 275 to 278 by Performer and RR are interesting. Performer is taunting Mortfeld, yes, but it doesn’t read to me as scummy, just confident Town.

Post 288 by AzoriusSenate is pretty good, but it isn’t very helpful with no scumreads and null reads clearly leaning towards Town.

Post 290 by RR is my suspicion as well, but for the reasons I’ve already mentioned rather than this excellent case.

And finally, VOTE: AzoriusSenate.

In post 311, This is my username wrote:Azorius's defense post is completely ridiculous. If you're making the stupidest argument against someone I've ever seen then why
shouldn't
you be called out on it? And if you didn't use the votes on PhantomCobalt to find any Town/Mafia members, why even post it at all? It seems like a serious case of 'scum trying to look helpful' to me. If I wasn't convinced before that you're scum, I
am
now.

In post 314, This is my username wrote:Oh, and I forgot to mention. Post 304 by Azorius, at the end of it it's completely ridiculous to assume that of all things from what RR said. He was confused by not understanding goomorning's joke which I didn't get either. You can't honestly say you're suspicious of him over that, right? No, you can't, because you're Mafia. Town would not make that big and ridiculous of a stretch for an argument of theirs.

In post 330, This is my username wrote:Post 315 by RR is decent but I think he’s a bit overly nervous towards getting lynched. Makes sense from New!Town perspective though.

Post 318 by shrike is pretty Towny.

Post 320 by AzoriusSenate. Well, I don’t quite know what to think of it really. It’s a pretty good post but I don’t see how such a bad case wouldn’t irritate the one it’s against so I still can’t agree with your standpoint.

Post 321 by goodmorning is most definitely correct.

Post 322 by AzoriusSenate raises the brilliant question of “why vote for someone if they make a case so ridiculous only someone really reaching could even come up with it?” Well, allow me to explain. Mafia tend to reach for their cases more than Town do, so of course he’s suspicious of you for it. I’m surprised that you still haven’t realized this actually, makes me lean a little more towards Townreading you with how ridiculous it would be for scum to not have backed off of that case by now

Post 323 by AzoriusSenate is pretty good actually. I’m not suspicious of it because you somehow still think your evidence against RR is good and his accusations of RR as scum in it are very sincere. I’m actually thinking you’re Town now.

Post 324 by RR is decent but I don’t agree with it’s logic, not caring if you’re being SR’d is something a Town is more likely to do than a Mafia

Post 325 by RR is exactly why I think Azorius is completely wrong about RR being scum. Really, how is your case good? Could someone please help me understand this?

Posts 326-328 by Azorius and goodmorning I don’t have anything to say about except, “I just said that up THERE”

Post 329 by RR is decent. Mafia would be more upset about getting SR’d than Town so I don’t agree with that. It’s really only decent because RR is having to repeatedly say that Azorius’s case against him is terrible before it actually crosses his mind that RR could be right.

I’m beginning to see Azorius as more Towny and RR as more scummy but my vote still stands for now. Also this Mafia game is just so fun, like seriously.

In post 378, This is my username wrote:Post 367 by Azorius:
But seriously, this post is absolutely terrible. Look, I know that you’re new and all but to be frank, this reaction is completely scummy on all levels. The meaning of ‘tunneling’ was already mentioned earlier so you should know that it means I think you’re spending way too much time casing one player instead of reading every player. You’re the one sitting around pretending to scumhunt.

Post 374 by Azorius is making me feel like a hypocrite but to be honest he’s the only scummy player I can actually have a conversation with right now since he’s active. Anyway, this post is bad and reaching because-- news flash--
reads change

Anyway, I would support a Azorius lynch and if he's Mafia probably a vettrock lynch since RR would pretty much be clear if he flips scum. Anyway, more people post so that I can read you please~

In post 429, This is my username wrote:Oh, would you look at that! Azorius looks like a person in a SerenesForest Mafia game I played named Dreamer, who was new and rather than agreeing to existing cases made up her own. Except hers could be considered justified. She was Town, by the way. I'm rambling. Basically, looking back through his ISO it doesn't make sense for Azorius to continue tunneling into RR's posts as scum because, although scum do love to reach for cases, Azorius's is just completely ridiculous and impossible to believe. Why would scum draw attention to themselves with a terrible case? And his reaction to RR's sort-of-OMGUS-but-somewhat-justified-thanks-to-your-atrocious-case seems sincere enough to me. Finally, his case has turned average because of RR's overly defensive speech and reactions to your argument, so tunneling RR is pretty okay to me.

Meanwhile at RR, I still agree that Azorius's initial argument is
BAD
. But, your reactions to his reaction to your initial reaction make me pretty suspicious of you. Sure nobody likes a mis-lynch, but Town wouldn't actively defend themselves as much as you did. I think they'd definitely call out Azorius, but not in a defensive manner that scum would have to a case against them. Also, you suggesting that Azorius vs. RR could be a Town vs. Town setup just made me think of something. You are setting yourself up for an excuse if AzoriusSenate is lynched and revealed to be Town. I've seen this excuse occur before in a game I'm currently playing with my friends through E-Mail so I know scum have done it before.

I haven't yet read any of the other ISOs but that's my thoughts on the ones I desired to look through the most. I'll visit Performer and vettrock next, then shrike and ai_shuuu.
VOTE: Radical Rat
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:32 am

Post by Jake from State Farm »

Im headed out to run errands. I'll look at that tonight
Robbed of a scummy for what had to be the best unvote in mafiascum history.

Sometimes I get heated and don’t realize it. If I get like this please somebody tell me to take a break and chill out. Thanks in advance.
AzoriusSenate
AzoriusSenate
Goon
AzoriusSenate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:36 am

Post by AzoriusSenate »

In post 521, goodmorning wrote:I don't really like being Town Leader, so...

You want to sheep me then? Let's kill Rat.
Plains and Islands
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:42 am

Post by Radical Rat »

No one should be sheeping anyone, Azorious.
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:44 am

Post by Radical Rat »

I'm afraid if you want me dead that badly, you'll have to kill me at night.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:52 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

Votecount 2.10

Jake from State Farm (2) goodmorning; Performer;
Performer (2) ai_shuuu; shrike;
Radical Rat (2) AzoriusSenate; This is my username;
AzoriusSenate (1) Radical Rat;
shrike (0)
This is my username (0)
ai_shuuu (0)
goodmorning (0)

Not voting: Jake from State Farm;

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

Day 2 Deadline (expired on 2015-12-20 18:42:02)
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:17 pm

Post by shrike »

I think this fight between Azorius and RR is dumb and I don't want the vote to be between those two.
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:29 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

That's fair. I'll put my vote on TIMU then, since Performer isn't here to defend himself, and I like everyone else.

VOTE: This is My Username
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:28 pm

Post by shrike »

I might be biased because I voted for him, but I think analysis of the people not voting PC might be helpful as well. This isn't actually backed up by stats (I looked at the page vettrock linked me before but couldn't find them), but I think it's unlikely that the mafia would both be on the same vote, especially in a newbie game. If we are to believe this hypothesis we have one of the following three as mafia:

Azorius - not voting (claims he was willing to hammer PC)
-Afraid of mislynching a townie (, )

ai_shuuu - voting for Azorius
His reasons:
-Azor was initially defensive ()
-Azor wasn't showing much interest in finding scum (, )
-He (ai_shuuu) disliked Azor's reads ()

Performer - voting for me (shrike)
His reasons:
-I (shrike) had ambivalent feelings about PC ()
-He didn't like my as I did not address some topics () Editors note: When asked if there was anything specific he wanted me to address he did not respond

If I've misrepped any of your posts or missed anything feel free to tell me.
I think Azorius not voting is mildly scummy, but I can understand where he was coming from as a new player.
I think ai_shuuu's vote on Azorius wasn't bad, although he has been absent recently.
I think Performer's vote on me was really odd as he didn't really have much to justify it. It feels to me like it could be a way of attempting to appear involved in the day one vote without lynching a townie. However, I could be wrong here.
Thoughts?
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:34 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

I agree on Performer.

But as a matter of ethics, I can't lynch someone who isn't here.
AzoriusSenate
AzoriusSenate
Goon
AzoriusSenate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:35 pm

Post by AzoriusSenate »

In post 531, shrike wrote:I think this fight between Azorius and RR is dumb and I don't want the vote to be between those two.

This isn't a petty "fight" because I legitimately believe Rat is scum. Also, you say you don't want the vote on either of us? Could you explain your town reads on me and Radical please?
Plains and Islands
This is my username
This is my username
Goon
This is my username
Goon
Goon

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:58 pm

Post by This is my username »

In post 532, Radical Rat wrote:That's fair. I'll put my vote on TIMU then, since Performer isn't here to defend himself, and I like everyone else.

VOTE: This is My Username

I feel like I'm going to be lynched. I would defend myself but defenses are lame so I'm just going to claim Vanilla now. By the way, I'm going to go ISO vettrock and ai_shuuu now~
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:19 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

TIMU, defend yourself. We should not be content in a mislynch. Fight back. Defy the Mafia. Rise above Mort's legacy and claim life from the jaws of death.
ai_shuuu
ai_shuuu
Goon
ai_shuuu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:04 pm

Post by ai_shuuu »

@shrike ISO me to see the entire case.
I'm ok with performer lynch, but are you? Now since the deadline are getting closer, we need to decide who to lynch.

And about azor, i change my read on him to lean town. Now i see the reasoning in his behaviour. I'll elaborate on this later.

Been back and forth login and logout but hardly post anything due to irl.
Show
Harry: "No, sometimes I sleep."
ai_shuuu
ai_shuuu
Goon
ai_shuuu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:05 pm

Post by ai_shuuu »

@jake i need your read list pls
Show
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:06 pm

I don't do reads lists.

Sometimes I get heated and don’t realize it. If I get like this please somebody tell me to take a break and chill out. Thanks in advance.
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:41 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 540, Jake from State Farm wrote:I don't do reads lists.

May I ask why?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:46 pm

Don't believe in them, waste of time, and they give Mafia too much info

Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:47 pm

And anti-town

Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:51 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

How do read lists help the Mafia? Don't they already know who is and isn't Town?

Well... In a game with a single Scum faction anyway.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:54 pm

Gives scum a list who people think are town (who to kill) and who they think are scummy (who to frame/mislynch)

shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:11 pm

Post by shrike »

In post 535, AzoriusSenate wrote:
In post 531, shrike wrote:I think this fight between Azorius and RR is dumb and I don't want the vote to be between those two.

This isn't a petty "fight" because I legitimately believe Rat is scum. Also, you say you don't want the vote on either of us? Could you explain your town reads on me and Radical please?

I don't want the vote on either of you because I don't think it achieves much. I'm not exactly strongly town reading either of you, but I think one of you flipping town will basically cause us to lose, especially if the other one is town. You both appear similar to me. You're both tunneling each other with a shit argument. The only real difference between you that I've seen is your offer to sheep GM, which isn't scummy enough in itself to vote for you. I don't like how willing people seem to vote you without justifcation.

Besides, I can barely lynch RR when he keeps making posts as theatrical as these:
In post 534, Radical Rat wrote:I agree on Performer.

But as a matter of ethics, I can't lynch someone who isn't here.

In post 537, Radical Rat wrote:TIMU, defend yourself. We should not be content in a mislynch. Fight back. Defy the Mafia. Rise above Mort's legacy and claim life from the jaws of death.

--

In post 538, ai_shuuu wrote:@shrike ISO me to see the entire case.
I'm ok with performer lynch, but are you? Now since the deadline are getting closer, we need to decide who to lynch.

And about azor, i change my read on him to lean town. Now i see the reasoning in his behaviour. I'll elaborate on this later.

Been back and forth login and logout but hardly post anything due to irl.

I did ISO you. Pretty sure the arguments I listed were the only ones you made. Correct me if I'm wrong.
I'm currently leaning towards a performer lynch, but I'd like to wait until he has a chance to post to see if he can convince me otherwise.
I feel the same way about Azor really, I saw him as scummy first day but I've changed my mind.

In post 545, Jake from State Farm wrote:Gives scum a list who people think are town (who to kill) and who they think are scummy (who to frame/mislynch)

I like this post. However I think you're underestimating the town. People shouldn't stop evaluating every post just because they have a suspiscion of someone, meaning in theory it should be hard for the mafia to frame people. You can also sometimes use a readlist to test the reaction of people you suspect, by putting them in a certain spot.
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:25 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

I'm not sure how I feel about this reads list thing.

I feel like the Town can benefit more if we're all open about and discuss our reads. I think that's the best way to get the Town on the same page, and get the Scum bringing their "brown pants" to the fight.
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:25 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

And yet.... Mafia night play certainly would be easier, as you suggest.
ai_shuuu
ai_shuuu
Goon
ai_shuuu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:07 am

Post by ai_shuuu »

@shrike
"I did ISO you. Pretty sure the arguments I listed were the only ones you made. Correct me if I'm wrong."

is it about azor?
I'm answering your question about performer...

@jake
"Gives scum a list who people think are town (who to kill) and who they think are scummy (who to frame/mislynch)"

Interesting... Yet intriguing >.<
Its the first time i heard this argument...
Ok, on the current situation i want to hear your opinion about no lynch, is it good for town?
Show

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”