Newbie 1667: Bushfire! (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:03 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

Votecount 2.11

Jake from State Farm (2) goodmorning; Performer;
Performer (2) ai_shuuu; shrike;
Radical Rat (2) AzoriusSenate; This is my username;
This is my username (1) Radical Rat;
AzoriusSenate (0)
shrike (0)
ai_shuuu (0)
goodmorning (0)

Not voting: Jake from State Farm;

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

Day 2 Deadline (expired on 2015-12-20 18:42:02)
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:17 am

Post by Jake from State Farm »

No lynching is usually not a good idea. There are certain situations some people think it's a good idea but today isn't one of them.
Robbed of a scummy for what had to be the best unvote in mafiascum history.

Sometimes I get heated and don’t realize it. If I get like this please somebody tell me to take a break and chill out. Thanks in advance.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:24 am

In post 525, Radical Rat wrote:
Spoiler: TIMU posts I liked( For Jake )
In post 294, This is my username wrote:Post 24 by Radical Rat is bad, most likely to help with getting out of RvS though. Towny.

Post 32 by PhantomCobalt makes me think he’s Town, that’s a pretty good plan he had.

Post 38 by Radical Rat seems weird to me. Strange reaction to expect.

Post 49 by goodmorning seems ridiculous, state your case don’t make people guess it

Post 52 by al_shuuu is pretty Towny

Post 104 by AzoriusSenate doesn’t feel like something a Town would say. I don’t like that post.

Post 126 by AzoriusSenate is way too forced, clearly defending himself

Post 171 by PhantomCobalt is weird but then again idk what WIFOM is.

Post 185 by goodmorning is true. I’m liking it, however :)

Post 210 by al_shuuu seems weird to me somehow. I don’t like his initial reasoning about Azorius’s RR read.

Post 211 by PhantomCobalt seems like desperate scum trying to keep themselves away from a lynch. I don’t believe this claim. However, this isn’t a good scumclaim so I’m inclined to believe the claim for now.

Post 214 by AzoriusSenate is pretty good. Solid reasoning and a good case. More inclined to believe he’s Town.

Post 225 by goodmorning confirms my and Azorius’s suspicions. R.I.P., PhantomCobalt.

Post 230 announcing that PhantomCobalt is scu--

Well back to Post 225, I am now convinced that goodmorning is Town even if PhantomCobalt decided that the stupidest claim ever was a good idea and was somehow Town.

Post 237 by goodmorning asks a question I can safely say yes to.

Post 252 by AzoriusSenate, earlier RR had mentioned something about being unable to play for a few days if I’m correct.

Post 266 by vettrock is pretty good.

Post 272 by RR might be good logic, but what does the JK do?

Post 273 by Performer, although he has a decent point, feels like he’s counter-voting to push suspicion away from him. RR simply didn’t elaborate his case.
VOTE: Performer

Post 274 by Performer completely undermines what I just said. >.<
UNVOTE: Performer

Posts 275 to 278 by Performer and RR are interesting. Performer is taunting Mortfeld, yes, but it doesn’t read to me as scummy, just confident Town.

Post 288 by AzoriusSenate is pretty good, but it isn’t very helpful with no scumreads and null reads clearly leaning towards Town.

Post 290 by RR is my suspicion as well, but for the reasons I’ve already mentioned rather than this excellent case.

And finally, VOTE: AzoriusSenate.

In post 311, This is my username wrote:Azorius's defense post is completely ridiculous. If you're making the stupidest argument against someone I've ever seen then why
shouldn't
you be called out on it? And if you didn't use the votes on PhantomCobalt to find any Town/Mafia members, why even post it at all? It seems like a serious case of 'scum trying to look helpful' to me. If I wasn't convinced before that you're scum, I
am
now.

In post 314, This is my username wrote:Oh, and I forgot to mention. Post 304 by Azorius, at the end of it it's completely ridiculous to assume that of all things from what RR said. He was confused by not understanding goomorning's joke which I didn't get either. You can't honestly say you're suspicious of him over that, right? No, you can't, because you're Mafia. Town would not make that big and ridiculous of a stretch for an argument of theirs.

In post 330, This is my username wrote:Post 315 by RR is decent but I think he’s a bit overly nervous towards getting lynched. Makes sense from New!Town perspective though.

Post 318 by shrike is pretty Towny.

Post 320 by AzoriusSenate. Well, I don’t quite know what to think of it really. It’s a pretty good post but I don’t see how such a bad case wouldn’t irritate the one it’s against so I still can’t agree with your standpoint.

Post 321 by goodmorning is most definitely correct.

Post 322 by AzoriusSenate raises the brilliant question of “why vote for someone if they make a case so ridiculous only someone really reaching could even come up with it?” Well, allow me to explain. Mafia tend to reach for their cases more than Town do, so of course he’s suspicious of you for it. I’m surprised that you still haven’t realized this actually, makes me lean a little more towards Townreading you with how ridiculous it would be for scum to not have backed off of that case by now

Post 323 by AzoriusSenate is pretty good actually. I’m not suspicious of it because you somehow still think your evidence against RR is good and his accusations of RR as scum in it are very sincere. I’m actually thinking you’re Town now.

Post 324 by RR is decent but I don’t agree with it’s logic, not caring if you’re being SR’d is something a Town is more likely to do than a Mafia

Post 325 by RR is exactly why I think Azorius is completely wrong about RR being scum. Really, how is your case good? Could someone please help me understand this?

Posts 326-328 by Azorius and goodmorning I don’t have anything to say about except, “I just said that up THERE”

Post 329 by RR is decent. Mafia would be more upset about getting SR’d than Town so I don’t agree with that. It’s really only decent because RR is having to repeatedly say that Azorius’s case against him is terrible before it actually crosses his mind that RR could be right.

I’m beginning to see Azorius as more Towny and RR as more scummy but my vote still stands for now. Also this Mafia game is just so fun, like seriously.

In post 378, This is my username wrote:Post 367 by Azorius:
But seriously, this post is absolutely terrible. Look, I know that you’re new and all but to be frank, this reaction is completely scummy on all levels. The meaning of ‘tunneling’ was already mentioned earlier so you should know that it means I think you’re spending way too much time casing one player instead of reading every player. You’re the one sitting around pretending to scumhunt.

Post 374 by Azorius is making me feel like a hypocrite but to be honest he’s the only scummy player I can actually have a conversation with right now since he’s active. Anyway, this post is bad and reaching because-- news flash--
reads change

Anyway, I would support a Azorius lynch and if he's Mafia probably a vettrock lynch since RR would pretty much be clear if he flips scum. Anyway, more people post so that I can read you please~

In post 429, This is my username wrote:Oh, would you look at that! Azorius looks like a person in a SerenesForest Mafia game I played named Dreamer, who was new and rather than agreeing to existing cases made up her own. Except hers could be considered justified. She was Town, by the way. I'm rambling. Basically, looking back through his ISO it doesn't make sense for Azorius to continue tunneling into RR's posts as scum because, although scum do love to reach for cases, Azorius's is just completely ridiculous and impossible to believe. Why would scum draw attention to themselves with a terrible case? And his reaction to RR's sort-of-OMGUS-but-somewhat-justified-thanks-to-your-atrocious-case seems sincere enough to me. Finally, his case has turned average because of RR's overly defensive speech and reactions to your argument, so tunneling RR is pretty okay to me.

Meanwhile at RR, I still agree that Azorius's initial argument is
BAD
. But, your reactions to his reaction to your initial reaction make me pretty suspicious of you. Sure nobody likes a mis-lynch, but Town wouldn't actively defend themselves as much as you did. I think they'd definitely call out Azorius, but not in a defensive manner that scum would have to a case against them. Also, you suggesting that Azorius vs. RR could be a Town vs. Town setup just made me think of something. You are setting yourself up for an excuse if AzoriusSenate is lynched and revealed to be Town. I've seen this excuse occur before in a game I'm currently playing with my friends through E-Mail so I know scum have done it before.

I haven't yet read any of the other ISOs but that's my thoughts on the ones I desired to look through the most. I'll visit Performer and vettrock next, then shrike and ai_shuuu.
VOTE: Radical Rat

My issue with some of these posts, that very first one he ends it voting somebody he said made good posts and at one point said he was leaning town in him so that's weird to me. There was another post where he calls az's post bad and when I looked at the post it was the one where az said he was pressuring somebody and he's one of the most townie looking people, I can't call that post scummy cause I read that and feel like I'm reading my own self. I make those kind of declarations all the time. Another thing that stands out is you quote a post where he votes you as a good post. Really? If you are town, anyone who tries to paint you as scum should be a bad post cause you aren't scum right? How can somebody voting you be a good post?

Sometimes I get heated and don’t realize it. If I get like this please somebody tell me to take a break and chill out. Thanks in advance.
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:27 am

Post by Radical Rat »

Because his logic is understandable. I do feel like it starts to get WIFOMy but his confusion and uncertainty seems genuine. I don't necessarily AGREE with all of that, but it sounds Town to me.

As for his vote on me, I think his vote is foolhardy, but not scummy. He lays out his reasons, and I can see where he's coming from, though I do still refute those points and fight for my survival. But to assume everyone who votes me is bad would cripple my usefulness to the Town.
AzoriusSenate
AzoriusSenate
Goon
AzoriusSenate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:47 am

Post by AzoriusSenate »

In post 546, shrike wrote:
In post 535, AzoriusSenate wrote:
In post 531, shrike wrote:I think this fight between Azorius and RR is dumb and I don't want the vote to be between those two.

This isn't a petty "fight" because I legitimately believe Rat is scum. Also, you say you don't want the vote on either of us? Could you explain your town reads on me and Radical please?

I don't want the vote on either of you because I don't think it achieves much. I'm not exactly strongly town reading either of you, but I think one of you flipping town will basically cause us to lose, especially if the other one is town. You both appear similar to me. You're both tunneling each other with a shit argument. The only real difference between you that I've seen is your offer to sheep GM, which isn't scummy enough in itself to vote for you. I don't like how willing people seem to vote you without justifcation.

So you are suggesting that if Rat flips town I would get insta-lynched? If I was mafia I would not be playing the game I'm playing right now. I would not be trying to draw this much attention to myself.

Regardless, it's starting to look like the Rat lynch isn't happening. If deadline starts to come up and it doesn't look like anyone is going to get lynched, I will add a vote to one of Performer or Jake (probably Jake). No lynching here is SO bad for town.
Plains and Islands
This is my username
This is my username
Goon
This is my username
Goon
Goon

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:03 am

Post by This is my username »

In post 554, AzoriusSenate wrote:
In post 546, shrike wrote:
In post 535, AzoriusSenate wrote:
In post 531, shrike wrote:I think this fight between Azorius and RR is dumb and I don't want the vote to be between those two.

This isn't a petty "fight" because I legitimately believe Rat is scum. Also, you say you don't want the vote on either of us? Could you explain your town reads on me and Radical please?

I don't want the vote on either of you because I don't think it achieves much. I'm not exactly strongly town reading either of you, but I think one of you flipping town will basically cause us to lose, especially if the other one is town. You both appear similar to me. You're both tunneling each other with a shit argument. The only real difference between you that I've seen is your offer to sheep GM, which isn't scummy enough in itself to vote for you. I don't like how willing people seem to vote you without justifcation.

So you are suggesting that if Rat flips town I would get insta-lynched? If I was mafia I would not be playing the game I'm playing right now. I would not be trying to draw this much attention to myself.

Regardless, it's starting to look like the Rat lynch isn't happening. If deadline starts to come up and it doesn't look like anyone is going to get lynched, I will add a vote to one of Performer or Jake (probably Jake). No lynching here is SO bad for town.

I don't know if I'd actually go for Jake. Although vettrock was mildly suspicious Jake seems pretty Towny to me. However, beside Rat he's my favorite lynch candidate thanks to a few of vettrock's posts.

Anyway, I think either Azorius or Rat is scum but Azorius feels more Towny and would not use the argument he's using as Mafia. At least, he wouldn't
keep
using it. Rat, meanwhile, has a decent reason to tunnel Azorius that wouldn't exist if he had properly analyzed Azorius's responses to Rat's case about his reaction to the vote on him. So I think Azorius is Town and RR is Mafia.
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:34 am

Post by shrike »

So you are suggesting that if Rat flips town I would get insta-lynched?

I don't think you'd be insta-lynched, I just think it would be difficult to find the other mafia even if one of you is mafia. Whereas if we try and vote them today, we still have the option of voting between you and Rat tomorrow.
If I was mafia I would not be playing the game I'm playing right now. I would not be trying to draw this much attention to myself.

One can make the same argument for Rat though. That's my main problem with your votes on each other. You're basically scumreading each other for having the same defensive/reactionary playstyle.

Why do you think no lynching is bad for town here? (I mostly agree but want to hear your justification)
I feel you scumread on Jake is a bit baseless. Are you scumreading him because of Vettrock's actions or do you feel there is something Jake could/would have done better if he was town?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:38 am

In post 467, This is my username wrote:Anyway, Jake seems pretty good so far. I see him as null leaning Town thanks to vettrock.

Null leaning town here, but the very next post you made after this I was in you lynch pool. Now you again say you read me as townish but would lynch me. That doesn't make sense. If someone is a mild town read, you don't consider lynching them.

shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:39 am

Post by shrike »

Something I noticed: Azorius says Jake is a nullread for him, then two posts later says he has been leaning scum on his slot for most of the game.
In post 420, AzoriusSenate wrote:Updated reads list:

Town: Gm, shrike, Ai
Null: Performer, Timu, Jake
Scum: Rad Rat

In post 479, AzoriusSenate wrote:@goodmorning
I think it's coming up on a time where we need to decide on a lynch for today. I notice you have your vote on Jake. I 100% agree that Jake's slot has been leaning scum for me most of the game. I think I would lynch in Rat/Jake today.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:48 am

That's actually a good point. Plus I just tried to look through his iso and I don't really see him mention vett that much

goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:20 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 522, Jake from State Farm wrote:Why didn't you discourage performer when he tried to rally people to sheep you and him? Do you feel he has been buddying you?

I can't say I noticed him trying to collect sheep. I also haven't noticed him buddying me.

In post 527, AzoriusSenate wrote:
In post 521, goodmorning wrote:I don't really like being Town Leader, so...

You want to sheep me then? Let's kill Rat.

No, not really. I don't have much issue with Rat either.

Town.

In post 533, shrike wrote:This isn't actually backed up by stats (I looked at the page vettrock linked me before but couldn't find them), but I think it's unlikely that the mafia would both be on the same vote, especially in a newbie game.

It's not in Toomai's stats but it is in mine. Roughly 50% of lynchwagons in Newbies have 1 Scum, 30% 0, 20% 2. This meta is slightly outdated though, and also it underweights 2-Scum wagons because it includes times in the game when 2 Scum aren't alive to vote on wagons.

In post 542, Jake from State Farm wrote:Don't believe in them, waste of time, and they give Mafia too much info

I disagree, but we can have this argument another time.

In post 547, Radical Rat wrote:I'm not sure how I feel about this reads list thing.

I feel like the Town can benefit more if we're all open about and discuss our reads. I think that's the best way to get the Town on the same page, and get the Scum bringing their "brown pants" to the fight.

This is p much what I feel.
Also, Scum can read interactions and votes just as easily as any readslist.
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:28 am

Post by shrike »

You don't think is Performer collecting sheep?
Those stats are interesting but they're not so helpful because they apply to more than just the day 1 lynch.
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:43 am

Post by shrike »

In post 549, ai_shuuu wrote:@shrike
"I did ISO you. Pretty sure the arguments I listed were the only ones you made. Correct me if I'm wrong."

is it about azor?
I'm answering your question about performer...

Sorry, I misread your post. I'll read over your ISO again, but I'd appreciate it if you could briefly summarise your case against him
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:48 am

In post 561, shrike wrote:You don't think is Performer collecting sheep?
Those stats are interesting but they're not so helpful because they apply to more than just the day 1 lynch.

Yes that is totally him trying to collect sheep

@gm, we don't need to have any argument later. It won't ever change my mind.

AzoriusSenate
AzoriusSenate
Goon
AzoriusSenate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:12 pm

Post by AzoriusSenate »

In post 556, shrike wrote:

So you are suggesting that if Rat flips town I would get insta-lynched?

I don't think you'd be insta-lynched, I just think it would be difficult to find the other mafia even if one of you is mafia. Whereas if we try and vote them today, we still have the option of voting between you and Rat tomorrow.

This is a fair point.

Me:
If I was mafia I would not be playing the game I'm playing right now. I would not be trying to draw this much attention to myself.

shrike:
One can make the same argument for Rat though. That's my main problem with your votes on each other. You're basically scumreading each other for having the same defensive/reactionary playstyle.

I think you are giving Rat too much credit here. If you go over the whole start of this "fight" as you put it between Rat and I, it's clear I have genuine reason to be suspicious of him.

Me:

shrike:
Why do you think no lynching is bad for town here? (I mostly agree but want to hear your justification)
I feel you scumread on Jake is a bit baseless. Are you scumreading him because of Vettrock's actions or do you feel there is something Jake could/would have done better if he was town?

We need to have the vote logic for later in the game. I also think the mafia is probably going to kill a valuable member of town tonight so the lynch should be today while we have more town alive.[/quote]

I'm scumreading Jake mostly because of his slot but there are also a couple reasons more I will touch on. So we all know vettrock was lurking pretty hard core before he subbed out, and that is mildly scummy. Jake comes in and gives a few catch up posts that analyze the game, right? I stated this in an earlier post but something about the catch up posts seemed a little fillery to me. To me it didn't look like Jake was really trying to figure anything out. He hasn't really applied any pressure to anyone as far as I can see, and I think it makes him leaning scum.
Plains and Islands
AzoriusSenate
AzoriusSenate
Goon
AzoriusSenate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:15 pm

Post by AzoriusSenate »

In post 558, shrike wrote:Something I noticed: Azorius says Jake is a nullread for him, then two posts later says he has been leaning scum on his slot for most of the game.
In post 420, AzoriusSenate wrote:Updated reads list:

Town: Gm, shrike, Ai
Null: Performer, Timu, Jake
Scum: Rad Rat

In post 479, AzoriusSenate wrote:@goodmorning
I think it's coming up on a time where we need to decide on a lynch for today. I notice you have your vote on Jake. I 100% agree that Jake's slot has been leaning scum for me most of the game. I think I would lynch in Rat/Jake today.

I addressed this in my above comment but I'll say it again here.

When I type "scum" and put someone's name next to it, that means I am READY to lynch them RIGHT NOW. At the time of me posting that reads list Jake hasn't really been given a chance to post all that much so I stuck him in my null list.
Plains and Islands
AzoriusSenate
AzoriusSenate
Goon
AzoriusSenate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:18 pm

Post by AzoriusSenate »

UNVOTE: Radical Rat

VOTE: Jake from State Farm

Me tunneling on Rat hasn't really gone anywhere. Voting the next person I would like to lynch today. shrike also gets some credit for this unvoting of Radical.
Plains and Islands
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:25 pm

If it seemed "fillery" to you why didn't you say anything about until now?

Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:26 pm

Also why did you ask me to provide reasons for my rat scum read when I had just posted my own reasons? Did you not see that post when you asked? And if no, how could you miss it?

AzoriusSenate
AzoriusSenate
Goon
AzoriusSenate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:29 pm

Post by AzoriusSenate »

In post 567, Jake from State Farm wrote:If it seemed "fillery" to you why didn't you say anything about until now?

I'm quoting a few posts for you that express my feelings prior to me voting on you.
In post 482, AzoriusSenate wrote:
In post 481, Radical Rat wrote:Vettrock's scumminess was based solely on his absence. The fact that he let himself get replaced instead of just filler posting to avoid prods tells me it was likely real life circumstances.

Enter Jake. His motivation to go back through the thread and share his thoughts on everything that happened makes more sense for a Town than a scum who could easily use catching up as an excuse to lurk.

His catch up posts have been about mostly stuff that doesn't even matter anymore. Catch up posts can be made by both town AND scum and the creation of one isn't alignment indicative. It's the content that you need to parse through.

In post 484, AzoriusSenate wrote:
In post 482, AzoriusSenate wrote:
In post 481, Radical Rat wrote:Vettrock's scumminess was based solely on his absence. The fact that he let himself get replaced instead of just filler posting to avoid prods tells me it was likely real life circumstances.

Enter Jake. His motivation to go back through the thread and share his thoughts on everything that happened makes more sense for a Town than a scum who could easily use catching up as an excuse to lurk.

His catch up posts have been about mostly stuff that doesn't even matter anymore. Catch up posts can be made by both town AND scum and the creation of one isn't alignment indicative. It's the content that you need to parse through.

Well I shouldn't say that first part. Obviously reads can be gathered through looking at previous convos. I guess what I was trying to say that most of what he has been saying hasn't been hitting me as particularly relevant.
Plains and Islands
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:33 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

One can make the same argument for Rat though. That's my main problem with your votes on each other. You're basically scumreading each other for having the same defensive/reactionary playstyle.[/quote]

Well, when you put it that way....................... Dear god, you're right. Guess we just pissed eachother off in the early Day and that got us tunneling. I'll go ahead and take responsibility for that.

There is one notable difference I'd like to point out though. Azor has spent the Day saying attacking the act of me defending myself and pushing him. I have spent the Day attacking the content of his defense/pushes on me, albeit with some confirmation bias going. Does this mean anything? It might not. It's pretty easy to get frustrated as Town, so I guess that's alright. I don't know if I'm ready to just turn around and Townread him, but this moves him into null territory.
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:34 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

Silently cries because of these damn quotes.

This one's pretty readable though, so whatever.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:34 pm

So basically I shouldn't have posted my thoughts on previous posts cause they aren't relevant anymore? You realize that's how you 1. Develop reads on me and how I develop reads on others and 2. Scum hunt cause you have to analyze past posts in addition to current posts.

What was your thoughts on my last catchup post, the one where I basically show who I think was the scummiest on the pc wagon. You seemed to glance over that one.

Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:36 pm

In post 564, AzoriusSenate wrote:To me it didn't look like Jake was really trying to figure anything out.

Had you read my last catchup post you wouldn't be saying this.

AzoriusSenate
AzoriusSenate
Goon
AzoriusSenate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:39 pm

Post by AzoriusSenate »

In post 568, Jake from State Farm wrote:Also why did you ask me to provide reasons for my rat scum read when I had just posted my own reasons? Did you not see that post when you asked? And if no, how could you miss it?

This is the post you are referring to, correct?
In post 504, Jake from State Farm wrote:mental note, never replace into a game that has more than 5 pages...

Spoiler:
ok so looking at the day 1 VC is probably going to be useless since PC did some stupid things, things that both town and scum can hop on and everyone looks fine so I can't really use that for information but let me look anyway

Rat - his post 24 was horrible. RVS is a way to get reactions so why would you vote yourself - (well duh to get reactions). While I originally agreed with him about the whole trust the IC thing, I now wonder if that was just an attempt to cast doubt on the slot before he even had a chance to do anything..., Asks PC why he voted himself (pointless question) and of course PC responds with what I expected him to, something rat should have known was the reason. If RVS is about reaction testing, nothing gauges reactions like a self vote (while very anti-town, it does get the game going). The buddying accusation is baseless and I honestly have no clue how he got there. Calling a person town =/= buddying. Rat's expected reaction is bad cause I gurantee if PC would have said "what the hell i'm not mafia" he would immediately try and accuse him of being defensive. Post 67 looks to be cherry picking evidence to support his case, even though he admits there is a noticeable difference. Looks like rat is trying too hard to justify his weak vote. Not really a fan of 86 either. It seems like he is using the fact PC didn't omgus him as a reason to keep his vote on him (in fact that is what he is doing) Rat's posts day 2 don't really do anything for me either. Post 235 when he responds to GM's post about still being a PR just looks like he is trying to cast doubt on gm. Post 239 about his v/la ending just seems like an odd post, like he didn't really have to make it and it served no purpose. I may have missed something but how does Rat know there is no JK in this setup? Is that common knowledge cause I don't see how he got that. (side note, performer voting Rat and unvoting shortly after strikes me as weird, I certainly don't see how he is town reading this slot) Rat's vote on Az has to be one of the worst reasons I have ever seen for a vote. He is scum cause of stylization of posts? BTW I actually agree with az on this one. The flair added to the posts give off a LAMIST feel to it. LAMIST = look at me I am so town. It feels fake and was definitely unnecessary.

At the end of my post I will probably drop a vote on Rat but want to keep reading.

Vetrock - I actually agree with some of his points in 44 and I definitely agree that it's weird to have a strong town read on someone based on so little, so early but I am confused why the vote. I guess for pressure? idk, 92 is a good post also, the self vote basically took focus off everyone and essentially stopped scum hunting (another reason self votes are bad), Unfortunately I don't really see much else form him as he seemed to either be lurking or busy irl. I do disagree with his post 123, Day 1 you can absolutely find things to go on. I have successfully caught many scum on day 1(though I was unable to get them lynched) and it was off something easy as a reaction to an RVS.

Mort - 56 from mort reads very manipulative to me, this imo is why self voting is bad, anyone can use it as a reason to lynch. I don't like post 66 from mort either. Said his rvs vote was useless cause they weren't really saying much, if he were town he would be trying to get them to say something and not just hop on to the shiny new wagon. This shows a lack of town thinking imo, like he was afraid what was going to happen if they did show up. Post 77 - (me paraphrasing) "I didn't think it was scummy, I just didn't trust you" if he didn't think it was scummy why leave the vote? not trusting somebody =/= thinking they are scum (especially if you didn't find the actions scummy to begin with) yet he leaves his vote on PC cause he doesn't have reads on anyone else, but than again he isn't trying to get reads on anyone. This shows lack of an inquisitive mindset, lack of wanting to try and figure people out. Post 108 - "I want to hear more from shrike but I am not going to engage directly with him and leave my vote on PC" very scummy attitude imo. Post 128 - calls something azor did as scummy (note what pc did wasn't scummy yet he voted him) but he doesn't vote azor cause it was something he did himself as town (if that's the case why did you find it scummy? yes I realize this is rhetorical cause he can't answer) The part I don't like the most about 128 is "I read performer as scum cause I think PC is scum" yet he never gave a single reason why he scum read PC, he even admitted he didn't find the self vote scummy. Post 201 is why I hate when people do list reads, to me it looks like other people are doing it so he should do one too so he looks like he belongs.What is funny is the only one who did a condensed read was performer (scum read) and PC promised to do one so not sure why he felt the need to do one, especially since nobody was even asking him for one. ( I will look at his replacement later but my scum read on him is very strong)

Shrike - And this is again why self voting causes problems. Another person focused on pc. Post 45 - he likes rat's post which is a head scratcher, he also parrot's rat's buddying accusation and I have no idea how he reads post 32 from PC as a threat. Post 46 though I kind of like because it shows an inquisitive mindset and it shows he isn't focusing on just PC. I don't know why shrike decided to respond to PC about his azor suspicion cause pc didn't ask him, but this brings me to the post from shrike I didn't like. The reason I didn't like it is because I don't necessairly agree with it and it's kind of vague at some points " weasly words" is such a cop out reason and imo I didn't see anything that looked like weasly words, but idk what a weasly word is.. How is using the word "soooo" scummy, to me that just reads a personal playstyle and maybe a little snarky or something. "feels pretty weird" is just another vague accusation. He also puts a l-1 vote down and says he will make a a post explaining later but I don't see that post was ever made cause the day ended (shame on GM for ending the day so early, lots more discussion to be had0

GM - I don't like his hammer, ended the day way too early and regardless of my opinion of his day 1 play, he is un cc'd PR and while I still don't 100% trust him, it's probably too risky for a scum gambit, then again if he thought he was trading 1 for 1 it may have been a good idea. For now I will assume he is town and hope that this doesn't burn me.

So based off day 1 i'd vote rat or mort, the other person on my radar is performer but with him being busy and not being around to defend himself I won't try to push him. I will say his post 396 is an absolutely horrible post.

Performer says that vett never responded to his questions, but looking through performer's iso I don't see where he asked vett any questions, plus I don't like how he joined the vett wagon without any reasoning for it other than there was momentum building. Seems opportunistic to me

Performer says that vett never responded to gm either though again unless I am missing something I don't see where gm asked vett anything directly.

The very last part of his post is bad, you should never lynch somebody cause you don't want them alive at lylo, you shoudl only lynch people you think are scum.

I think that is all I have time for now, got to get some work done but will be back later.

I was mainly asking if there was anything else you wanted to add. Everything you put in the post was something we had mostly already discussed. It's easy to look at his vote on PC in hindsight and call it scummy but on D1 most of town was wanting PC killed. I'm not saying your reads are wrong, (I agree on some points you make), i'm saying they are stuff we've already gone over and it just leads no where b/c Rat wasn't the only one FoS-ing PC.
Plains and Islands

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”