Blitz 12: Double Trouble! (Game Over)

This forum was a trial run for quick games with deadlines no more than 96 hours per Day. Please see more here
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:16 pm

Post by Ranger »

Do people want me to explain why texcat is a vampire, beyond the one quote I provided?
'Cause it's pretty obvious texcat is a vampire.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:27 pm

Post by Ranger »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Errant is town. Ranger is town.
Texcat could be scum.
VOTE: Flubber
texcat is not an ABR scumbuddy. Neither is Flubber. Errant is a candidate.

Albert B. Rampage wrote:I've seen him make exactly one post today. He needs to come out and play.
This is . Dominator is a possible ABR scumbuddy as a result.
, , and show why I am not an ABR scumbuddy.

This is about all the useful information there is from his slot. He bantered with Always Innocent, but not in a way that strongly reveals alignment.

Switching to Wanderer, you get:
Wanderer-nl wrote:Then I wonder what the various reasons you had for voting me were.
Firebringer is unlikely to be a vampire as a result. and makes Always Innocent not scum with Wanderer, too.

Looking at the tone behind it, I'm actually thinking that Dominator is not a vampire because of ; it reads as scum a bit miffed a mislynch of theirs was shut down.

So this is the information that can be gleamed from the dead scum. I'd like to note both were fairly reserved at giving out reads, which makes sense for multiball: you don't want to draw attention to yourself, so it makes sense for a scum player to give as little information away as possible.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:10 pm

Post by Ranger »

So, Squirrelly is my strongest townread for obvious reasons. Beyond the PR claim, they have constantly been scumhunting, and have scumhunted both factions if memory serves me. They've given many reads and many reasons, which easily could have drawn a lot of attention to themselves.

Behind them are Always Innocent, who has one of the longer isos in the game. He's been scumhunting plenty, and is definitely not a vampire. His play is largely focused on certain players at a time, meaning there isn't exactly one spot you can look at and go, "so that's what his thoughts on the players are", but he's not leaving himself with suspiciously few interactions. He is also very doubtfully a werewolf, given his relatively-early callout of ABR being scum. (This is not quite as absolute as his Wanderer callout, but it's close enough.)

Firebringer is definitely not a vampire (see , and also: while Fire defends Wanderer in , the defense is done in such a manner that I don't think it's a scumbuddy since that'd be too obvious), and I doubt Firebringer's a werewolf. This is mainly a gut thing, but I don't think Firebringer takes the stances Fire has if scum.

makes Flubber slightly less likely to be a vampire, and combined with ABR's iso makes Flubber overall look like town, but this is weak. His play looks decently town enough, so given these interactions, I don't think he should be touched.

I'm reading Dominator's iso right now, and I actually see it as being fairly town. Dominator is, undeniably, a lurker. Furthermore, Dominator has given virtually zero content. However, if you read between the lines, what content Dominator
has
given does vaguely look town. (It takes a minimalist to read a minimalist?) He had reads which matched mine: wrong, but existing scumreads on PC and Bebop, as well as a scumread on Errant. , the oft-talked-about post, is a line that comes from scum more often than town, but Dominator's explanation in looks really town, especially given the callout of the scum being mafia. (When...they're actually werewolves and vampires.) While the presence on the Wanderer wagon doesn't add much, I think that / are posts an unafraid town player would make. (Similarly, looks town for the same reason.)

hi im Yakko is someone that I'm
considering
for being scum. There's nothing in that iso off of the flips we have so far to suggest Yakko isn't scum...merely my speculation on texcat. However, while I admit it's possible for Yakko to be scum, right now I don't think it quite as likely as other options. I want to take a more detailed look at Yakko's iso to get better thoughts there.

Then we get into my more serious scumreads: texcat and Errantparabola. Let's do Errant first:
Errant is, very much, a player staying in the background, and trying to take a "back seat" to wagons. Errant's not a Wanderer scumbuddy, for posts like , but is my main candidate right now for being a Werewolf.

texcat's my primary candidate for being a vampire. is texcat defending Wanderer-nl. as well. agrees Wanderer is weak, but texcat does nothing, with her vote still on Errant. Furthermore, come D2, and you get things like and / where texcat is trying to wagon every player
except
for Wanderer-nl.

Furthermore, texcat fits the profile of lurking scum not drawing attention to themselves: texcat has given virtually zero content this game, and what little is there has been largely focused on specific players, just like ABR and Wanderer-nl.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Squirrelly
Squirrelly
Goon
Squirrelly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:31 pm

Post by Squirrelly »

I have Flubber and firebringer as scum.

I'm going with who I see more likely scum here.

Vote: firebringer
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:41 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

Considering interactions, Ranger is pretty clearly town.
Going to reread now.
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:49 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

In post 588, Ranger wrote:Always Innoce[url][url]nt, who people are claiming is conftown (don't know why, but I'll run with it), posted about the Titus read. You come in and buddy him. You then build on his already-existing Ranger doubt to cast shade, which is particularly egregious given our game history: you may not have explicitly painted my listing as a scum indicator, but you implicitly were, running contrary to the proof it's null.

Buddy a town player? Good scum strategy. Having that town player be the main pusher? Good scum strategy. Having the player being pushed on be town? Even better scum strategy. It's a trifecta of opportunism: you get to push town without consequences, because if anyone would take heat for the wrong read on me, it would be Always Innocent instead of yourself, when in truth you are by far the more guilty party.

You're completely wrong about me buddying the Titus read. I said pretty clearly that I wasn't sure on Titus being town, while AI said that Titus was conf town.
You're also completely wrong about the validity of my read on you. I, again, said pretty clearly that I was scumreading you for different reasons. These reasons are mainly attitude, tone, and approach to the game. Which, by the way, have changed at this point so I'm pretty sure that you're town because you're not acting like you were in Hardcore at all right now. Early game you were.
And even if I were scum, I would have no idea that you were town anyway.

That's all I'm gonna say on the matter. I'm not clogging up this game with a TvT.

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:58 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

In post 599, AlwaysInnocent wrote:Wanderer too has strange interactions with Yakko and Dom.

That wanderer townread on yakko was so baseless that at this point I'm looking at yakko for vampire status right now.

I'm glazing over that AI vs Ranger because that's TvT too.

In post 644, texcat wrote:But goes along with the Ranger wagon.

This is entirely wrong. There was no wagon on ranger at the time I pushed her.

Okay considering Ranger and AI are town this game should be easily solvable. After this post I'll make a summary list of reads.

texcat's 719 is important. People were thinking dom was scummy at that point, but pretty much no votes were flying in that direction. For texcat to shine a spotlight on the possibility of a dom lynch means that they're not the same alignment.

I'm gonna go eat dinner right now. I'll be back.

--implosion
provided
TheDominator37
TheDominator37
Mafia Scum
TheDominator37
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:18 pm

Post by TheDominator37 »

This game is weird :S
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:21 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

Prodge
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:39 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

JESUS PISSKOP

This game should be POEable

Squirrelly is probably town.
Ranger is definitely town.
AI is probably town.

That leaves Dom, Texcat, ZZZX, Flubbernugget, Firebringer, Yakko if I am remembering correctly.

Here are the parts of Ranger's arguments that I agree/disagree with.

I agree that texcat leaving wanderer untouched is vamp-indicative.
I am not sure about flubber not being an ABR buddy. It seems like a weak push. I'll have to see how much pressure flubber was under at the mo'
I disagree on dominator being a wolf. Although it's possible, I don't see how 770 reflects that.
I disagree on fire being confirmed not-vamp. But I do agree that it is more likely for fire to be town or wolf.
What are your thoughts on Yakko being a potential vampire, Ranger?
What are your thoughts on Yakko being a potential vampire, Texcat?

Let's say texcat is Vamp.
Yakko might be the other vamp.

I think it's more likely that flubber is not a wolf. But I'm not ruling it out entirely.

POE on Dom, Fire, ZZZX.

Note that ZZZX has slipped completely under Ranger's radar, although it is through no fault of Ranger's, considering the content that ZZZX has given. Going to say that ZZZX is a wildcard for scum right now (could fall either vamp or wolf)

Question mainly to Ranger but I'd like others to answer it too if they have any thoughts

Do you think, since we've lynched a vampire PR but a werewolf goon, that werewolves pose a bigger threat? Do you think that we should try our luck with lynching a werewolf over a vampire? Or should we stick with lynching the vampires because you have more solid reads on them

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:43 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

Also here's why Ranger is town

1. Not voting ABR draws spotlight attention to her on interaction with ABR. I don't think a werewolf would risk that.
2. Pushing on vampires right now (I think that the texcat case is very believable) is not something a vampire would do.
3. Ranger's play right now is MUCH MORE SIMILAR to BPS.
4. Seems like actual scumhunting going on in her recent posts.

--implosion
provided
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:18 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Wow so this day started really fast...

VOTE: Flubbernugget
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:18 pm

Post by Firebringer »

I can't believe how wrong I was on Wanderer, ABR was more null to me.

So yeah....Ranger and Errant feel town.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:53 pm

Post by Ranger »

Squirrelly wrote:I have Flubber and firebringer as scum. I'm going with who I see more likely scum here.
*facepalm*
Read my posts, please?

This game's multiball, you have scum interactions to go off of.

texcat is, clearly, 100% a vampire.
Errant's not nearly as clear a Werewolf, but is a probable suspect.

Errantparabola wrote:What are your thoughts on Yakko being a potential vampire, Ranger?
It's possible if the game's 3v3 (or texcat to not be a vampire), but that requires you to be scum. :P

Do you think, since we've lynched a vampire PR but a werewolf goon, that werewolves pose a bigger threat? Do you think that we should try our luck with lynching a werewolf over a vampire? Or should we stick with lynching the vampires because you have more solid reads on them
Lynch the player most likely to be scum. It doesn't matter which faction.

Since texcat is the player most likely to be scum, we should lynch texcat.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:07 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

VOTE: texcat
yes'm

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:07 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

Vote may change depending on texcat's response to my question

--implosion
provided
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:06 pm

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

VOTE: Flubbernugget

Hello scum buddy of Albert B.
"You've been furthering the win condition of the Mafia even better than the Mafia." - Dierfire
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:11 pm

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

In post 829, Errantparabola wrote:Considering interactions, Ranger is pretty clearly town.
Going to reread now.
No. I don't think Ranger is pretty clearly town. However, she will not give herself away so easily.
"You've been furthering the win condition of the Mafia even better than the Mafia." - Dierfire
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:25 pm

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

In post 832, TheDominator37 wrote:This game is weird :S
If you are not interested in the game, or do not have enough time, then please request a replacement. There is nothing wrong with not having enough time, but this is not very fair to other players.

Or, alternatively, you could show more activity.
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:27 pm

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

The same goes for ZZZX.
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:44 am

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

In post 834, Errantparabola wrote:Squirrelly is probably town.
Ranger is definitely town.
AI is probably town.
Why is Ranger more definitely town than the rest of us? I thought you said that I was super town?

In post 835, Errantparabola wrote:Also here's why Ranger is town

1. Not voting ABR draws spotlight attention to her on interaction with ABR. I don't think a werewolf would risk that.
2. Pushing on vampires right now (I think that the texcat case is very believable) is not something a vampire would do.
3. Ranger's play right now is MUCH MORE SIMILAR to BPS.
4. Seems like actual scumhunting going on in her recent posts.
1. :facepalm: Ever heard of reverse psychology? It made no sense
not
to vote for ABR. If she was really making a statement with her vote on you, then why vote for texcat the next day?
2. Unless she knows that texcat is not a vampire.
4. Yeah, seems like it.
Squirrelly
Squirrelly
Goon
Squirrelly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:46 am

Post by Squirrelly »

Titus has flipped JK. Late yesterday Titus wanted to lynch
flubbernugget
. So, Titus probably jailed flubber. There are two known scum factions, but there was only one kill. Ergo, flubber is scum.

- pers
TheDominator37
TheDominator37
Mafia Scum
TheDominator37
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:59 am

Post by TheDominator37 »

In post 846, Squirrelly wrote:Titus has flipped JK. Late yesterday Titus wanted to lynch
flubbernugget
. So, Titus probably jailed flubber. There are two known scum factions, but there was only one kill. Ergo, flubber is scum.

- pers

But then again there was only 1 scum again last night O_o
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:02 am

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

In post 847, TheDominator37 wrote:
In post 846, Squirrelly wrote:Titus has flipped JK. Late yesterday Titus wanted to lynch
flubbernugget

- pers

But then again there was only 1 scum again last night O_o
What are your thoughts about that?
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:49 am

Post by texcat »

VOTE: Errant
This is the third day I've voted him.

And how did Ranger suddenly turn into conftown? Errant was voting for her and suddenly overnight she has turned into conftown. Am I missing something again? I was still thinking that Ranger and Errant are on opposing scum teams.

And it wouldn't surprise me to find another one of Wanderer's team on the tail endish of his wagon. Yakko and Dom.

Return to “Blitz Games Trial”