Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:50 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 549, RolePlay25 wrote:Bring up on your pad the following logs:

In post 278, DiamondSentinel wrote:I'm disappointed. You guys are actually town-reading me even though I admitted I was PMuch active-lurking.

Followed by these:

In post 539, DiamondSentinel wrote:I'm letting myself die because all anybody ever does is insult my reads and playstyle and never bothers to offer an alternative.
In post 539, DiamondSentinel wrote:I'm letting myself die because all anybody ever does is insult my reads and playstyle and never bothers to offer an alternative.

Are we to believe that this is an agent who is honestly frustrated that people dislike his style, after he previously complained that he was
not
called out for his style?

Or is this an agent trying and failing to blend in?

I approve of your play. Let's make a deal roleplay. You stop posting the way you are, and I'll get an avatar. Everybody else in the game is happy.

Note, I don't mind your roleplay, but it does make it slightly harder to determine your objectives in your speech.

Now, about the point you made : he has a problem with your posting style, not your play style. He's saying people have a prpblem with his play style. The contradiction you believe you see in those posts doesn't exist...the other points I'll consider.

Also, wtf people, screw the holiday, come participate.
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:47 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

There are many days left in this Day. Calm the fuck down. Several of us have not voted at all.
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:25 pm

Post by RolePlay25 »

As much as I appreciate the ideal of cooperation, and the spirit from which it was offered, I shall sadly have to decline. It is not that I reject the idea that direct speech can be considered preferable, nor is it that I consider my training so extensive that I may fully overcome disadvantage. Rather it is that as an agent spends time in the field, to remain sane, they develop personal quirks, individuality, habits. Such is looked at as a disadvantage by the upper echelons, yet is tolerated by direct field commanders. Field commanders comprehend what is invisible to the top brass - that all individual agents shall develop quirks. It is the nature of the job. Thus, agents on missions should not be treated as machines, for if you stifle individuality in one way, it shall emerge in other, darker ones.
3dicerolling
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:29 pm

Post by 3dicerolling »

In post 552, RolePlay25 wrote:As much as I appreciate the ideal of cooperation, and the spirit from which it was offered, I shall sadly have to decline. It is not that I reject the idea that direct speech can be considered preferable, nor is it that I consider my training so extensive that I may fully overcome disadvantage. Rather it is that as an agent spends time in the field, to remain sane, they develop personal quirks, individuality, habits. Such is looked at as a disadvantage by the upper echelons, yet is tolerated by direct field commanders. Field commanders comprehend what is invisible to the top brass - that all individual agents shall develop quirks. It is the nature of the job. Thus, agents on missions should not be treated as machines, for if you stifle individuality in one way, it shall emerge in other, darker ones.

Jeanne11
Jeanne11
Mafia Scum
Jeanne11
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:42 am

Post by Jeanne11 »

Anyway, I will have a message for you at the end of the day.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:06 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Jeanne, what are you thoughts on DS and TN?
Jeanne11
Jeanne11
Mafia Scum
Jeanne11
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:08 am

Post by Jeanne11 »

Both are town. Although, in the light of my knowledge of my role, I don't like the fact that TN is scum-reading me.
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:49 am

Post by Errantparabola »

Roleplay, you wanted me to clarify my miller role or something? What does that mean?
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:56 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

He wants to know if your role says "investigation results will always return guilty", or "investigation results will always return x faction" or investigation results will always be the opposite of the normal result", stuff like that.

They could all be called millers, but they all interact differently with other roles.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:58 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Also, what are your thoughts on, well, everything?
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:58 am

Post by Errantparabola »

to paraphrase, investigations will return scum.

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:06 am

Post by Errantparabola »

Thoughts post:

cerb and roleplay (the avatarless crew) seem to be actively working to gamesolve
sorry that you're feeling that way DS, but I just didn't like your early game. The AtE is null to me.

Something of davsto's pinged me earlier. Let me try to find it.
Okay I can't find it. But 435 is like "talk about going for the easy targets" which isn't even scummy. And DS was an easy target at that point... i think? So maybe it was that.

Still don't know about jeanne but gut says town. I don't really trust my gut though.

is the reason for 3dice voting DS because if so then 3dice needs to burn
Elbirn got some heat but nothing of Elbirn's raises red flags so far for me.

I don't have experience with Titus' scumgame but I think that Learned Hand is town.

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:17 am

Post by Errantparabola »

In post 463, Davsto wrote:I hate it when people say that. "You look like you're leaving an opening for backpedaling" or the like, where they're like "ooooh setting up to do X". No, you're assuming that. If you think someone's leaving an opening for something, note it down somewhere that isn't inthread and then call them out when they actually do it. All you're doing otherwise is scumreading someone for potentially doing something in the future which they haven't actually done and may never have been planning to do, or you may simply let scum know not to do that when they would have, stopping them from doing something scummy.

Basically, those reads are awful and I immediately lean towards someone being scummy when they do it because anyone can go "they look like they're getting ready to do something scummy" and get a free, easy scumread.

PEdit: Insane Cops are bastard tho

I've thought about this post a fair bit. Originally thought it was really town.
Now, I'm not sure.
You say that people setting up for future scumreads by using bad logic is scummy by default? in my opinion, town could just as easily fall prey to the bad logic of the "setting up to do something scummy trap" as scum here. I'm sure I've at least thought the whole "opening for backpedaling" line before.
It's really hard to articulate my thoughts right now, but I feel like your logic is self-defeating. What DS is doing is using, in your words, flawed logic to get a free, easy scumread. But I feel like you're doing the same thing. You're saying terrible logic = scum which is definitely not true. And that's the kind of logic that you're using to get free, easy scumreads.
The reason I don't think you're scum, though, is because I think DS is scum. If DS flips town my read on you might change.

--implosion
provided
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:20 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Errant: What did you dislike about DS' early game? I apologize if you've covered that already, but I'm mobile and at work and not gonna comb ISO's for the moment.
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:22 am

Post by Errantparabola »

In post 302, Errantparabola wrote:I'm pretty sure dram saw through my thinly-veiled attempt to roll scum and gave me miller instead

early reads
tn and sharky read town to me. idk about jeanne. 3dice is slightly scummy.

In post 278, DiamondSentinel wrote:I'm disappointed. You guys are actually town-reading me even though I admitted I was PMuch active-lurking.

In my opinion, this is the worst post in the thread so far

VOTE: diamond

In post 281, tn5421 wrote:I think you have balls for admitting to lurking this early, so yes, I'm town-lean on you, Diamond.

nope nope nope nope nope

In post 330, Errantparabola wrote:
In post 315, DiamondSentinel wrote:PEdit: It was partial snark, partial me commenting on how he's making another shitty miller claim. To be honest, all these miller claims are ridiculous, and making me lose interest in the game. We should lynch each and every one of them.

this only makes my vote a better one.

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:22 am

Post by Errantparabola »

Also, no problem. I understand the pains of playing mafia on mobile

--implosion
provided
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:25 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Hmm, so basically the same set of posts everybody else dislikes. I need to get home and see who started ths trend of disliking those posts. I don't think much was said about 278 when it occurred.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:30 am

Post by DiamondSentinel »

Not that anyone seems to care, but 278 was more a joke as I was nearly lynched in AvF for that...
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
Jeanne11
Jeanne11
Mafia Scum
Jeanne11
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:33 am

Post by Jeanne11 »

I used to love her
But I had to kill her
I had to put her
Six feet under
And I can still her
Complain.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:08 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

merry xmas
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Jeanne11
Jeanne11
Mafia Scum
Jeanne11
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:31 pm

Post by Jeanne11 »

*claps hands* Time for a survey.

Where are you going for holidays?
What's your favorite food?
Do you believe in God?
Which present would you like the most?

nachos nachos nachos nachos The Santa Claus is here, ho ho ho. Merry Christmas to everybody. Santa knows the truth, and he left a message. A message that says 'don't visit just anybody, for a stranger might kill you. Be good children and don't go with a stranger if he asks you too. He'll take you to his house, murder you and sell your body parts in black market'.

The children look at the note, bewildered. They huddle up in blankets. The next day, they find Santa Claus decapitated, a stranger standing over his body.

"He tried to warn you about me." Freddy Krueger says with a slasher grin "So I decapitated him."

The children scream as the title of the movie rolls in "Nightmare on Elm Street: Christmas on Elm Street"

-x-

This has been Jeanne's chosen horror Christmas story. It may or may not contain info about Jeanne's role in this game. Also, have some nachos. Freddy Krueger himself made them especially for you.
Jeanne11
Jeanne11
Mafia Scum
Jeanne11
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:47 pm

Post by Jeanne11 »

By the way, anyone here familiar with Anita Halley?
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:58 pm

I'm not sure if it was a serious survey, so I'm not sure if I'm going to answer it...
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:03 pm

So don't read if you don't want to see an idle rant.
Spoiler: Bored Mid-Game Rant
Y'know, the more I think about it, the more I'm a bit mad. I figured UPick was a good way to start an interesting Role Madness game, but after looking at your story (and making some assumptions on it), I feel like Dramonic didn't even try for this one. Some people undoubtedly tried to take advantage of the UPick system (I'd estimate like 3, at least), but I gave an idea that I honestly thought he'd make something interesting with, and he didn't even try here. I'm not going to claim yet, but yeah. Just idle ranting.
“Why was I chosen?'
Jeanne11
Jeanne11
Mafia Scum
Jeanne11
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:05 pm

Post by Jeanne11 »

I'd be glad to hear what your assumptions are. I will not confirm or deny them, but I am bored as well and looking for some fun.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”