Open 619: We're back in business (Game Over)

AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:34 am

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

Hm. Soren might not be scum.
"You've been furthering the win condition of the Mafia even better than the Mafia." - Dierfire
Jackal711
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:19 pm

Post by Jackal711 »

Official VC

BulletNLynchproof (0) -
AlwaysInnocent (5) - Malakittens, BulletNLynchproof, Gale Wing Srock, Albert B. Rampage, Soren
lane0168 (0) -
Gale Wing Srock (0) -
Albert B. Rampage (1) - kelbris
kelbris (0) -
Soren (1) - AlwaysInnocent
Independent Synergy (0) -
Malakittens (0) -

Not Voting: Independent Synergy, lane0168

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch.

As of Post #477, AlwaysInnocent was lynched. He was a
Vanilla Townie

Night 2 begins now.
Jackal711
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:45 am

Post by Jackal711 »

Apologies for the delay with this:
Titus
is replacing lane0168
Jackal711
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:23 am

Post by Jackal711 »

It was brought to my attention that I haven't stated what Night 2's deadline is.

Night 2 deadline will be Friday, the 26th at 10am PST, which is in (expired on 2015-12-26 10:00:00)

Reason for extension: I found out last minute (less than an hour ago) that the yearly family Christmas get-together is at my place this year. I will be completely without access until Friday morning.
Jackal711
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:13 pm

Post by Jackal711 »

Apologies for the delay, I'm on vacation this week and the internet in my hotel isn't very reliable.

Albert B Rampage,
Town Backup Rolecop
, died Night 2.
Titus,
Mafia Rolecop
, died Night 2.

Day 3 starts now.

Official VC

BulletNLynchproof (0) -
Gale Wing Srock (0) -
kelbris (0) -
Soren (0) -
Independent Synergy (0) -
Malakittens (0) -

Not Voting: Independent Synergy, Malakittens, BulletNLynchproof, Gale Wing Srock, kelbris, Soren

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch.

Deadline is in (expired on 2016-01-07 16:15:00)
kelbris
kelbris
Goon
kelbris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:57 pm

Post by kelbris »

Well...shit, didn't think Lane (Titus now) was the scum Rolecop. Whoever is the Vig, DO NOT reveal yourself like the other 2 PRs did otherwise we will lose our last PR and the scum will have a potential advantage. Looking over the wagons, the three people who were on both wagons were Bullet, Mala and Gale. I suggest that we look here for the scum. The scum now only have a goon whilst the town only have a vigilante and 5 VTs btw.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:59 pm

Post by Malakittens »

I think it's bullet tbh.

But lemme check stuff when I get home
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:59 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Might be IS though.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.

Soren
Soren
Mafia Scum
Soren
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:12 pm

Post by Soren »

VOTE: BulletNLynchproof
BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:17 pm

Post by BNL »

Reread lane. Think kelbris is town now, don't think scum will make a case against their buddy.

In post 505, kelbris wrote:Well...shit, didn't think Lane (Titus now) was the scum Rolecop. Whoever is the Vig, DO NOT reveal yourself like the other 2 PRs did otherwise we will lose our last PR and the scum will have a potential advantage. Looking over the wagons, the three people who were on both wagons were Bullet, Mala and Gale. I suggest that we look here for the scum. The scum now only have a goon whilst the town only have a vigilante and 5 VTs btw.

Actually, D1 was a lynch, while D2 was a mislynch, so better to check who was on AI but not Persivul.
In this case, I'm looking at Soren. In addition to the reasons I mentioned yesterday, we have D2 wagon to look at. Albert's town, Mala and Gale are likely town, and I know I'm town, so it's probably Soren. Especially because yesterday was short, and Soren hammered. My experience tells me that short days are always hammered by scum.

VOTE: Soren
GTKAS - BNL

Busy, on indefinite V/LA. May return April 2020
Soren
Soren
Mafia Scum
Soren
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:20 pm

Post by Soren »

nice omgus
kelbris
kelbris
Goon
kelbris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:33 pm

Post by kelbris »

sorry, 3 VTs. My mistake.
kelbris
kelbris
Goon
kelbris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:34 pm

Post by kelbris »

yeah, I REALLY need to re-read the results, god damn it, sorry.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:34 pm

Post by Titus »

Bahhhhh

My first and only post this game....
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:35 pm

Post by Malakittens »

In post 509, BNL wrote:Reread lane. Think kelbris is town now, don't think scum will make a case against their buddy.

In post 505, kelbris wrote:Well...shit, didn't think Lane (Titus now) was the scum Rolecop. Whoever is the Vig, DO NOT reveal yourself like the other 2 PRs did otherwise we will lose our last PR and the scum will have a potential advantage. Looking over the wagons, the three people who were on both wagons were Bullet, Mala and Gale. I suggest that we look here for the scum. The scum now only have a goon whilst the town only have a vigilante and 5 VTs btw.

Actually, D1 was a lynch, while D2 was a mislynch, so better to check who was on AI but not Persivul.
In this case, I'm looking at Soren. In addition to the reasons I mentioned yesterday, we have D2 wagon to look at. Albert's town, Mala and Gale are likely town, and I know I'm town, so it's probably Soren. Especially because yesterday was short, and Soren hammered. My experience tells me that short days are always hammered by scum.

you're forgetting IS is in the game

and im preeeeeeeeetty sure that soren isnt scum.

VOTE: IS.

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:38 pm

Post by Malakittens »

VOTE: bullet

nvm about IS

Gale Wing Srock
Gale Wing Srock
Mafia Scum
Gale Wing Srock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:38 pm

Post by Gale Wing Srock »

In post 514, Malakittens wrote:you're forgetting IS is in the game

and im preeeeeeeeetty sure that soren isnt scum.

VOTE: IS.
Mala, can you share why you think Soren isn't scum?

Also, the quick hammer has me confused. Soren doesn't seem Naive to me. So, him voting for AI as an omgus when there were already folks voting for him, doesn't make sense when I try to see him as town.

Having played with him earlier, he doesn't seem to be hasty either. That makes me believe that he is the last of the scums.

Declaring intent to vote for Soren.

Soren, could you explain why you voted for AI? and why are you voting for Bullet rn?
Independent Synergy
Independent Synergy
Townie
Independent Synergy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:49 pm

Post by Independent Synergy »

I'm still not convinced it can't be Mala. If mala is cleared please point it out.
Hydra of Firebringer and the mysterious stranger.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:28 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Go town!!!!
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Gale Wing Srock
Gale Wing Srock
Mafia Scum
Gale Wing Srock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:52 pm

Post by Gale Wing Srock »

Looking through Lane's posts, these are my deductions (only considering serious posts) on his play style. I am putting my perception of the player to whom Lane is talking to, in brackets.
  1. : Voted for hasta_la_pasta replaced by Not_Mafia (vs Town)
  2. : Questioned Soren (vs Unclear)
  3. : Questioned Willowmeadow replaced by ABR (vs Town)
  4. : Questioned Malakittens (vs Most Probably Town)
  5. : Voted for Kelbris for being concerned about scums revealing roles (vs Unclear)
  6. : Questioned IS about their confusion with AI. (vs Could be Town)

AI flipped town, so I am assuming that IS cannot be linked with AI. And since Lane would have known both of their alignment,
    targeting his scum buddy to be confused on a townie's post doesn't make sense
    . That leads me to believe that IS could be a townie.

7. & : Went after Kelbris again (vs Could be town)

My read on Kelbris seems to be dwindling after last day and night's flips. The major reason I suspected Kelbris was that he was trying to protect the scums, the second main reason was that his link with AI and Persivul seemed to make sense as a scum team. But after AI's flip, that connection no longer exists. And his contributions towards the game seem to be productive. So, although there is still a faint suspicion on him for a style change, the change has been better for us so null reading him at the moment.

8. : Questions Not_Mafia on his meta read on Persivul and tries to defend his scum buddy (vs Town)
  9. : Both Persivul and Lane go after Kelbris's Information+warning about Mala's wagon. (vs Probably Town)

Go figure! Will give him the benefit of doubt for now.

10. & : Tries to Tunnel and Blames AI for Role Fishing (vs Town).
  11. : This post is confusing me fsr. He is not attacking Kelbris anymore, but is instead trying to lead Kelbris into seeing Mala as a Vanilla Townie. We all know that we would prefer to lynch a VT rather than a town PR, because the scums would have to go after the PRs sooner or later (and based on the PR we can either determine if the player is townie or get valuable information from the PR). So I am seeing two possible derivations from this post. Either Lane realized that Mala was the lynch of the day and was confusing a townie, or was directing a newbie scum buddy into reading Mala as VT.

So based on these posts, my perception of Lane is that he went completely versus town on day 1. He never once went after Persivul, and went over aggressively after townies. That implies that the folks he went after are more likely to be town rather than scum.

The people he went after (In order of most interactions to least): Kelbris, AI, Malakittens, IS, ABR, Not_Mafia, Soren.

However, his interaction with Soren is the exception. Because the question he asked Soren was pretty random, and Soren didn't respond back at Lane. Soren's day 1 play was okay, but his day 2 play is pretty careless. Not able to read him because of this, since both minimum-post scum Soren and lazy town Soren are valid cases here.

Now lets look at Persivul's ISO:
  1. : Voted for IS. (vs Could be Town)
  2. : Questioned Willowmeadow replaced by ABR. (vs Town)
  3. : Came after me. (From my perspective its a fact, so: vs Town)
  4. & & : Responds calmly to Soren, again could be perceived either way. (vs Unclear)

The reason it could be either way is that; Persivul may not be aggressive towards Soren because he is his scum buddy, or Persivul wants to buddy with a townie Soren to make him appear scummy later.

5. : Voted Malakittens. (vs Most Probably Town)
  6. : Selective hunting of Lurkers, targeted Sharky, Mala and ABR (vs Townies)
  7. : Targets Kelbris (vs Probably Town)

I know, I know. Sometimes my gut feeling tanks *shrugs*

8. & & : Defends against IS in the same manner as with Soren (vs Could be Town)
  9. : Votes for Kelbris (vs Probably Town)
  10. : Responds to Bullet (vs Probably Town)

Bullet points out the wagon jump that got Persivul lynched. I don't think a scum buddy would do that so plainly, as there was literally no reason to point it out to folks at that point in the game. So to test the relation between my scum read Persivul and Bullets intention to point out his wagon jump, I mentioned: "I am surprised that none of you saw it?"

Expecting scum Bullet to either take Persivul's side after his explanation post, or to take credit for pointing out Perisvul's slip, as a scummy intention to appear townie. Lets assume that Bullet and Persivul are scum buddies, there was no reason for Bullet to join the Percivul lynch at , and he could have still bussed Perivul later in the day (after seeing if that wagon is picking up). Unless ofcourse they preplanned a bussing strategy before Day 1, which is pretty ridiculous if you look at that state of the game where Persivul was lynched.

11. & : Responds to, and tries to Counter Bullet (vs Probably Town)

Persivul seems desperate to convince Bullet (and us by extension) that his wagon jump to Kelbris was similar to Bullet's jump to Persivul. Which is not true, since Bullet clearly stated that he was voting for Persivul's jump
    onto
    Mala's wagon and not his jump
    off
    the Mala wagon. As mentioned by Bullet's which he later reiterates in his . Which Persivul then goes on to selectively counter in 301.

Although Persivul's play style is not as predictable as Lane, looking at Persivul's ISO along with Lane's ISO gives us an intersection between their plays, that makes a scum hunt possible based on the process of elimination:

• Both didn't mind a Mala lynch, and Persivul tried to wagon on Mala. Aka Mala is most definitely town.
    Both were against Kelbris and I don't see a bussing strategy there. Aka Kelbris is most definitely town.
    Both interacted weirdly with Soren and Independent Synergy, when compared to the other townies (Confirmed and most definite).
    And although there was Negligible interaction between Bullet and Lane, he would have had no benefit in bussing Persivul when he did (or the manner in which he proceeded with the lynch).

That means Soren and Independent Synergy fall into my most scummiest reads. And IS seems more townie to me than Soren at the moment.

All of this wouldn't have been possible without our Vig shot last night. Great Call Vig!
Soren
Soren
Mafia Scum
Soren
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:09 am

Post by Soren »

lol gale but no
Independent Synergy
Independent Synergy
Townie
Independent Synergy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:58 pm

Post by Independent Synergy »

Wow, this game is in the bag.

Do I even need to catch up to the stuff I have been missing?
Looks like Soren is last scum.

Looking at his ISO its pretty null, and judging from everyone else and Gale analysis. Easy choice

Think my partner will agree,

also thats L-1 I think.
Hydra of Firebringer and the mysterious stranger.
Soren
Soren
Mafia Scum
Soren
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:28 pm

Post by Soren »

DO NOT HAMMER ME.
I WILL RESPOND TMRW.
Town will regret lynching me. And if someone does fucking hammer before I respond you just scum claimed.
Soren
Soren
Mafia Scum
Soren
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:30 pm

Post by Soren »

But holy fuck independent's vote is opportunistic as fuck.
Placing this vote now. I will dedicate time to this game tmrw. We got one scum left to catch guys, let's make it today so we don't have to drag the game out.
VOTE: Independent Synergy
Soren
Soren
Mafia Scum
Soren
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:40 pm

Post by Soren »

You know what there isn't a disadvantage to me claiming. Worst that can happen is that we miss lynch today, scum kills me in the night and I wrongly kill town in the night too. Leaving 3 players tmrw for a lylo situation. And if that's the worst case scenario then I'm not even worried because I'm sure as hell that town can work out the final mafia at that point.
I'm the vig and I think independent synergy just scum claimed with that post.

I shot not mafia because I dislike playing with him because of his playstyle that offers literally nothing to the game and also very hard to read him. He was an obstacle that i wanted to get rid of. And I also wanted to observe how abr plays, I've heard about this person many times in a few games and have always wanted to see him play. So with him proclaiming that he will do nothing if not mafia is not vigged, it furthered my decision to shoot not mafia.

I shot lane/titus because of POE and I find it telling when he got really mad at the mod when he thought the mod edited his post.

Return to “Completed Open Games”