Mini 1748: ClownTardis Mafia - GAME OVER!

Adaptive Heap
Adaptive Heap
Goon
Adaptive Heap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:20 pm

Post by Adaptive Heap »

In post 83, Davsto wrote:Something tells me that Aristophanes is reading waayyy too much into something which we have already shown to be confusing to refer to, plus Frozen isn't native English speaker so she's obviously going to have trouble communicating.
This is true.

So my townread on Frozen Angel holds. (I also have one on Aristophanes, now.)

Still doesn't lessen my scumread on you, though.
Adaptive Heap
Adaptive Heap
Goon
Adaptive Heap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:29 pm

Post by Adaptive Heap »

In post 111, BROseidon wrote:Reason you should care about: I have a 100% success rate reading Mala, going back to my first game on site. Reason I care about that other people will get: Mala's entrance took definitive stances about how people posted. She's not looking busy - she's providing some degree of insight into what she's seeing
Reason I care about that nobody else will get: Her response to my question didn't talk about Wicked Mafia at all, which I think scum-Mala would have done.
Okay, while far from 100%, this at least gets you on the positive side of null for me.

In post 115, BROseidon wrote:
In post 83, Davsto wrote:Something tells me that Aristophanes is reading waayyy too much into something which we have already shown to be confusing to refer to, plus Frozen isn't native English speaker so she's obviously going to have trouble communicating.
VOTE: Davsto
Oi! Stop stealing my vote!

(Did I say positive side of null? I meant solid town, like 80% in-my-top-townreads.)

In post 117, Shiro wrote:Arguably my ISO is far worse. Why pick him for it ?
Kinda like this post. It's more what I wanted to see from Shiro.
Adaptive Heap
Adaptive Heap
Goon
Adaptive Heap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:36 pm

Post by Adaptive Heap »

In post 141, Persivul wrote:These posts reek of scum trying too hard to appear helpful.
You know, I'm not exactly townreading Rob (though I'm not scumreading him, either), but if I were to pick a player between you/Rob13 and be forced to say "One of them is scum trying too hard and the other isn't", then in like a 55/45 split I'd be choosing you as the scum.

But really, the player reeking of scum trying too hard to appear helpful is Davsto.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:41 pm

Post by Rob14 »

Davsto's trying to appear helpful? I must have missed the memo on that one. He's just blatantly doing nothing.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:45 pm

Post by Davsto »

Oh for crying out loud, me being a bit slow D1 is entirely null, go put your vote somewhere that is useful.

Also, nothing? Please don't make this game be a repeat of Prozac's Basic Theme where I did loads of shit and still got voted for doing nothing which was blatantly false.
Adaptive Heap
Adaptive Heap
Goon
Adaptive Heap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:45 pm

Post by Adaptive Heap »

In post 170, Rob14 wrote:Also, that Persivul transition is
awful
. Like, completely awful.
Did I say 55/45?

I meant 75/25.

(Thereabouts, anyway. Persivul/Rob respectively.)
Adaptive Heap
Adaptive Heap
Goon
Adaptive Heap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:53 pm

Post by Adaptive Heap »

My reads at this point look something like:
Plotkittens
BROseidon
Aristophanes
Frozen Angel

Shiro
Rob13
Soren
Not_Mafia

FAQ2
Kuroi

Persivul

Davsto.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:53 pm

Post by Rob14 »

Davsto, list three things you've done. Three actual scum-hunting things.
Adaptive Heap
Adaptive Heap
Goon
Adaptive Heap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:57 pm

Post by Adaptive Heap »

In post 228, Rob14 wrote:Davsto's trying to appear helpful? I must have missed the memo on that one. He's just blatantly doing nothing.
Trying to appear helpful is worse than blatantly doing nothing in my book. Davsto's done the former, not the latter.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:08 pm

Post by Davsto »

Goddamn it I'm very often slow D1 and can take a while to catch onto things, give me a fucking break.

Read this
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... ct[]=26159

That's my ISO in Prozac's Basic Theme where, would you believe it, I was town. Skim it. You will see that I can be slow D1, and hopefully reconsider your vote.

Also, show me how I'm "trying too hard to be helpful", because right now both the people scumreading me literally have opposite reasons and that just smells like bullshit.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:09 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Will catch up tomorrow
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:14 pm

Post by Rob14 »

In post 234, Davsto wrote:Goddamn it I'm very often slow D1 and can take a while to catch onto things, give me a fucking break.

Read this
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... ct[]=26159

That's my ISO in Prozac's Basic Theme where, would you believe it, I was town. Skim it. You will see that I can be slow D1, and hopefully reconsider your vote.

Also, show me how I'm "trying too hard to be helpful", because right now both the people scumreading me literally have opposite reasons and that just smells like bullshit.

In that game, you were asking serious questions by #61. You look like you were trying and failing to get engaged in the early game. Admitting you've got nothing isn't honestly that bad, but here, you've insisted that you've scum-hunted when I don't believe you've contributed anything.

In post 137, Davsto wrote:Also, please don't start with the blatantly false "you've done no scumhunting" stuff because I literally just got out of a game where it happened to a ridiculous extent despite me clearly having scumhunted. Like, you can't accuse me of not scumhunting while I have posts like this
Davsto wrote:The game is five pages in, the hell do you expect me to do, have a read on literally everyone? I'm like Regigigas; I can have quite a slow start to games very often.

The capitals/non-capitals thing just isn't explicit enough. We need a way to refer to Doctor/doctor in a way such as we know exactly which is being referred to. You saw the confusion earlier, why act like that's not something that should be avoided in even the most obtuse way possible?

Rob basically just came in and repeated everything Bro has already said ("Dav ain't done much" (ignoring that others haven't done much, that the game is 5 pages in so of course I'm not gonna be having reads on everyone) and "Mala is town because vagueness").

Basically,
VOTE: Rob13

@Adapted: Care to explain what you see as trying to appear helpful, please. I'm not really seeing it. Unless you mean the above post I quoted?
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:25 pm

Post by Davsto »

61? Serious question? Which post is that...
In post 61, Davsto wrote:
In post 60, Spiffeh wrote:I am fairly certain Davsto is town.

how?
...right, because that is much more serious and engaging than anything I've done in this game.

I would say that my first post in that game thst isn't weak, lacking substance, basically what you're scumreading me for is 553, maybe 473 at a stretch.

8 or 9 posts in a 236 post game with little usefulness (although, I must insist, some usefulness) isn't even comparable to 20 posts in a 500 where the closest thing that was useful was the easy question "why?", and the latter is the one where I was town.

Hell, you jumped on me after 4 (four) posts of little content, fluff etc, does the fact that ISO begins with considerably more posts of fluff not even slightly make you think that youre misled?
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:05 am

Post by Rob14 »

I don't see the games as particularly similar. Early in the other game, you're questioning why someone sees you as town and acknowledging you haven't done much. In this game, you tried to make the case that you've significantly scum-hunted when you haven't, and then seem to have switched tactics to saying you never do much early Day 1. It does warrant more investigation, and I'll try to look into your meta more in the near future, but I'm fairly busy and am not sure when I'll get to it. I'm not voting for you now or advocating your lynch today, so I don't see it as particularly urgent.

I'll hopefully get to it after my V/LA.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:11 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 216, Adaptive Heap wrote:Can you explain why that's town?

Because if he were scum just needing someone to push, there were easier targets, particularly when I thought he was the first to say that about Rob.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:16 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 238, Rob14 wrote:I don't see the games as particularly similar. Early in the other game, you're questioning why someone sees you as town and acknowledging you haven't done much. In this game, you
tried to make the case that you've significantly scum-hunted
when you haven't, and then seem to have switched tactics to saying you never do much early Day 1. It does warrant more investigation, and I'll try to look into your meta more in the near future, but I'm fairly busy and am not sure when I'll get to it. I'm not voting for you now or advocating your lynch today, so I don't see it as particularly urgent.

Uh, no.

I said I've scumhunted. I have scumhunted a bit. Sure, not loads, but no less than that game I linked. Nowhere did I say I've "significantly" scumhunted or the like. You look like you're just making up stuff in the hope people won't see the problems with it.
Adaptive Heap
Adaptive Heap
Goon
Adaptive Heap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:49 am

Post by Adaptive Heap »

In post 239, Persivul wrote:

Because if he were scum just needing someone to push, there were easier targets, particularly when I thought he was the first to say that about Rob.

Well it was a replace-in post which gave no reasoning and ended up in a vote on Rob.
I mean who was the easier target with that reasoning (ie, none)? Kuroi? davsto?
Several folks had already pointed at Rob for one reason or another. Seems pretty easy to me.

-t
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:53 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

Ok Davasto lets try talking about the game at hand! Whats your read about Persival - Rob fight?
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:56 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 241, Adaptive Heap wrote:

Well it was a replace-in post which gave no reasoning and ended up in a vote on Rob.
Several folks had already pointed at Rob for one reason or another. Seems pretty easy to me.

-t

this questions about persival make me happy. half of his read list is just giving away free credits.

Shiro is kind of inactive everywhere so I'm not pushing her at the moment.

I'm waiting of Kurai

I'm waiting for not_mafia

I'm waiting for a new post from plot kittens after being generally town readen.

That being said , I think I'm gonna w8 and see what data will this lurking game provide for us :|

Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:58 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

I forgot Aristophanes. the only thing he did was a vocab fight with me :|

Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:08 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 241, Adaptive Heap wrote:

Yes.

-t

Yep. On closer examination I've already noted that myself and downgraded my read on NM. So, why do you point it out as well?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:10 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 243, Frozen Angel wrote:half of his read list is just giving away free credits.

Yesterday I went back and provided the reasoning for almost all my reads. Why do you say I'm "just giving away free credits"?
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:33 am

Post by Rob14 »

In post 240, Davsto wrote:
In post 238, Rob14 wrote:I don't see the games as particularly similar. Early in the other game, you're questioning why someone sees you as town and acknowledging you haven't done much. In this game, you
tried to make the case that you've significantly scum-hunted
when you haven't, and then seem to have switched tactics to saying you never do much early Day 1. It does warrant more investigation, and I'll try to look into your meta more in the near future, but I'm fairly busy and am not sure when I'll get to it. I'm not voting for you now or advocating your lynch today, so I don't see it as particularly urgent.

Uh, no.

I said I've scumhunted. I have scumhunted a bit. Sure, not loads, but no less than that game I linked. Nowhere did I say I've "significantly" scumhunted or the like. You look like you're just making up stuff in the hope people won't see the problems with it.

By "significantly", I meant "an amount that indicates town motivations rather than scum motivations" (rather than superficially asking like a single question). You argued that people shouldn't be scum-reading you due to a lack of scumhunting earlier in the game (or at least that's what I thought you argued; correct me if I misunderstood), so you did argue for significant scumhunting.

This is quibbling over words, though, and is pointless.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:36 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 244, Frozen Angel wrote:I forgot Aristophanes. the only thing he did was a vocab fight with me :|

He pushed FAQ2 in & . Why do you say he hasn't done anything except a vocab fight with you?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:39 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 217, Rob14 wrote:Strong Scum:
Persivul

What do you think of my reads yesterday?

If you're town, we need to get on the same page.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”