RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:08 pm

Post by RolePlay25 »

If you want to complain about the possibility of modkill, let me show you how it is done. This is NOT my role, but if Dramonic modkills you, he will need to modkill me, because you can't have mod-confirmed lies in thread. This has always been fine for all the history of MafiaScum except a few games where it was CLEARLY advertised it was not.

I am M.C. Hammer, Town Ascetic Hammerer. My abilities are "Can't Touch This" which makes it so that people can't target me with any abilities except killing ones, and "Hammer Time" where if someone I am voting is put to L-1 I hammer them.
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:11 pm

Post by RolePlay25 »

And the reason for the not quoting is that people have confirmed townies off mod communication choices such as:

- Time Stamps (mafia PMs were sent out, then town; VTs were all BCCed so had identical timestamp)
- Hexedecimal Color code (the player didn't know the exact hex code the moderator picked for the town in the role PM)
- Wording choices (Moderator had preferred terminology)
- Flavor choice (Moderator gave little blurbs about the powers, player couldn't fake it the right way)

It seriously is not meant to make it impossible to claim your role, that is futile and doesn't work.
Sharky5x
Sharky5x
Goon
Sharky5x
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:11 pm

Post by Sharky5x »

I cannot say what my active or passive ability is. I am a Lucid Dreamer, yes. Lucid Dreamers are supposed to be able to do 1 action taken on another player in a day/night phase.
itlepip
itlepip
Mafia Scum
itlepip
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:12 pm

Post by itlepip »

okay, just making sure a precedent is set.
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:13 pm

Post by RolePlay25 »

In post 1102, Sharky5x wrote:I cannot say what my active or passive ability is. I am a Lucid Dreamer, yes. Lucid Dreamers are supposed to be able to do 1 action taken on another player in a day/night phase.

You'll have to explain better, this does not make any sense.

What is your flavor name?
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:13 pm

Post by dramonic »

In post 1099, itlepip wrote:Holy shit you guys were worried about me trying to get Jeanne modkilled for the role name and yet this is justifiable.

This seems to be a point of confusion.
You can't quote, in part or as a whole, your role PM, but you can paraphrase pretty much all of it. That rule is there to prevent people from using things like wording to confirm each other.
EDIT: Basically what RP said. I wonder who he's an alt of <.<
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:16 pm

Post by RolePlay25 »

In post 1105, dramonic wrote:
In post 1099, itlepip wrote:Holy shit you guys were worried about me trying to get Jeanne modkilled for the role name and yet this is justifiable.

This seems to be a point of confusion.
You can't quote, in part or as a whole, your role PM, but you can paraphrase pretty much all of it. That rule is there to prevent people from using things like wording to confirm each other.
EDIT: Basically what RP said. I wonder who he's an alt of <.<

Ooh, it's said, in Red. Thank you Dramonic.

Sharky! Claim in this exact format:

I am M.C. Hammer, Town Ascetic Hammerer. My abilities are "Can't Touch This" which makes it so that people can't target me with any abilities except killing ones, and "Hammer Time" where if someone I am voting is put to L-1 I hammer them.

Easy enough to open the role PM and fill in the blanks. Go!
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:26 pm

Post by DiamondSentinel »

So are we all mass claiming? I'm confused as to the point of RP claiming.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:27 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1107, DiamondSentinel wrote:So are we all mass claiming? I'm confused as to the point of RP claiming.

No, just Sharky cuz he's a scummybutt.

Rps claim is (I hope) fake and used as an example
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:28 pm

Post by RolePlay25 »

In case someone missed it:

In post 1100, RolePlay25 wrote:If you want to complain about the possibility of modkill, let me show you how it is done.
This is NOT my role
, but if Dramonic modkills you, he will need to modkill me, because you can't have mod-confirmed lies in thread. This has always been fine for all the history of MafiaScum except a few games where it was CLEARLY advertised it was not.

Fifteen minutes since Dramonic told Sharky that this format was fine. How long would it take you to fill that in, Town? He was actively posting, up until I gave him that exact box.
Sharky5x
Sharky5x
Goon
Sharky5x
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:30 pm

Post by Sharky5x »

I am ponyhidden, Town Uninspired Lucid Dreamer

I cannot do your complete format. I have it cleared up now x.x

Also we aren't massclaiming I'm pretty sure.
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:32 pm

Post by Edgar Allan Pro »

In post 1012, Elbirn wrote:Oh, so I'm pretty sure eap claim is a trap meant for me

Cuz I joined this game so that me and varsoon could be town buddies, and it was joked that "well one of us will have to roll cop so that they can clear the other and be Def town"

It's such an obtuse way to confirm an alignment and I don't believe it.

Oh yes this is actually 100% a trap for you, QT <3
So I got some notes from the mod and my role makes more sense;
I only can confirm myself to the first person who targets me--it doesn't matter if it is a day or night ability.
The way that I confirm is something I'll keep secret until it happens; trust, it only benefits town.
Oh and I'm also unkillable, so don't even try Mafia.
I was unsure if I should claim this earlier, 'cus I was thinking, "Oh! I can draw the kill to me! MWhahahahah!"
But then I realized that claiming bulletproof makes me WAY more likely to get shot, so come and get some you dirty bastards you won't take me alive

As far as claiming goes, I can't stop--I'm just a soldier.
It is possible -- indeed it is far more than probable -- that he was innocent of all participation in the bloody transactions which took place. The Ourang-Outang may have escaped from him. He may have traced it to the chamber; but, under the agitating circumstances which ensued, he could never have recaptured it. It is still at large.
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:32 pm

I'm sorry if people think my role is so dangerous.
It is possible -- indeed it is far more than probable -- that he was innocent of all participation in the bloody transactions which took place. The Ourang-Outang may have escaped from him. He may have traced it to the chamber; but, under the agitating circumstances which ensued, he could never have recaptured it. It is still at large.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:34 pm

Somehow I'm not surprised

Anyways, sharky, remind me what uninspired does.

Also, shall we have EAP claim flavor since he claimed role?
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:35 pm

Post by RolePlay25 »

In post 1110, Sharky5x wrote:I am ponyhidden, Town Uninspired Lucid Dreamer

I cannot do your complete format. I have it cleared up now x.x

Also we aren't massclaiming I'm pretty sure.

That's odd, I have a note from the moderator posted in thread that says "Basically what RP said".

So is this inability to claim unique to your role?

And what do your dreams do again? "Lucid Dreamers are supposed to be able to do 1 action taken on another player in a day/night phase" doesn't tell me anything. Literally anything.

And now that I've posted my list of requests for you to vote people, do you have any voting restrictions?
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:38 pm

Post by RolePlay25 »

In post 1113, DiamondSentinel wrote:
Somehow I'm not surprised

Anyways, sharky, remind me what uninspired does.

Also, shall we have EAP claim flavor since he claimed role?

Good god no. He's obviously trolling and I don't give a shit. Trolling day 1 is an extremely risky strategy, you get called to account for it later in the game, often investigated by power roles, and often get lynched and die even as town, so if he's scum going in that direction, well, this is Jack's extreme lack of care. We know there's godfather(s?) in the game too, so we ignore any cop results on him and deal with it a different day. The only clear thing is: don't investigate him, don't trust any cop results on him.

Anyway, glad to have you here for this, what do you think of Sharky's claim.
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:46 pm

Are you talking about me, RP?
'cus I'm not trolling man
I'm stronger than a troll.
I could, like, eat a troll
Without utensils.

!Varsoon still wants you to talk about titties in character, so get on it you scrub.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:48 pm

I honestly don't know what to think. It's both obscure enough AND too obscure. Nobody seems to know what the hell it's supposed to do, so it could be a fake-claim that makes everyone just think "Eh, it's a shit role", but it's also obscure, so unless he just hit the random button on the wiki, it's unlikely that he found that role for a fake-claim. Personally, regardless of whether or not that's the role, however, I think he's still scum. The role promises no information whatsoever (sorta like claiming tourist), and yet if he does get a guilty tracker/watcher/voyeur/WHATEVER on him, he can just claim "LOL yeah that's what I did with my Dreaming" (If I understand the role correctly)
“Why was I chosen?'
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:54 pm

Post by RolePlay25 »

Your prose is weak, tired, spiraling
A history of depression in verse
Your namesake drowned on the streets
But in forty years accomplished more
Than you will in four score

Go pro? Go home.

----------------

It really is hard to fakeclaim well. Who here thinks that that's what happened with sharky.
3dicerolling
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:57 pm

Post by 3dicerolling »

I'm not sure RP. Pretty sure sharky said that they have played 4 games total, so I wouldn't put it past them to be reluctant to claim.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:59 pm

I like to think that I've raised fakeclaiming to an art. Not that you'd know, but off-site, it's super easy to fake-claim.

A personal favorite of mine is weak tracker. Claim that you tracked someone who has claimed a non-visiting role (VT, Mayor, etc.), and then add in a couple "Role failed". Most of the time people don't bother to think that through enough.

Ah he hem, back to the subject at hand. I don't necessarily think it's a fake claim. It could be, it could not be, but either way, he's scum.
“Why was I chosen?'
3dicerolling
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:59 pm

Post by 3dicerolling »

In post 934, Sharky5x wrote:RolePlay if you are town you really aren't as good as you think you are. I'm sorry.
tn5421 wrote:
@MOD: Can you do something about the rampant personal attacking going on in the thread?
Pedit/As if TN is the one needing discipline.
Pedit2/Do I have to go through this process every time I play a game with people that haven't played with me before? I'm that scummy?
I have played like 4 games on here and have never been scum.

There it is; however, if they have never pulled scum, fake claiming would be difficult. Why would he fake claim something like day lucid dreamer though?
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:00 pm

Or it's my fucking role.

Oh, Roleplay, fine squire, you must be unversed in how I invented more than one genre.
Go back to school and hit the books, you'll find I'm in all of them.
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:00 pm

I also am unsure if we're discussing Sharky or me.
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:03 pm

Post by RolePlay25 »

In post 1119, 3dicerolling wrote:I'm not sure RP. Pretty sure sharky said that they have played 4 games total, so I wouldn't put it past them to be reluctant to claim.

Man, this just ain't true.

Subject: Newbie 1655 - Parfait [CRASH'D]

Sharky5x wrote:I am a PR with information. I believe you mistook Dong for I, haha.

Subject: Newbie 1655 - Parfait [CRASH'D]

Sharky5x wrote:
In post 555, RadiantCowbells wrote:If Sharky is tracker this game just became so incredibly easy.

'fraid not. Jailkeeper.

This is a clean, solid townie claim. I hate meta man, but if you gonna do it, do it right.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”