Mini 1748: ClownTardis Mafia - GAME OVER!

Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:36 am

Post by Rift Adrift »

Aristophanes has been prodded.
Syryana and fferyllt: doing nothing but tunneling while giving virtually no other reads worth anything. Also, puppies.

If it were that simple, if it were only that simple, we would never have called you in about it, Rydra Wong. -- Samuel R. Delany,
Babel-17
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:39 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

In post 420, Persivul wrote:Read Kuori's ISO:
Feels
very townie, but when you look for real content there isn't much there.

You're right. I haven't been so helpful thus far and I hope to change that.

I did a read-through of this entire game and I wanted to share my assessment. Everyone, to my memory, is null except for the following people:

Rob13: I'm getting a scummy vibe off him. I'd label him slightly scum at this moment.
Persivul: I'm getting a town read off him.
Frozen Angel: I was going to say slightly scum, until she started mentioning mental illness. I hate reading things like this because when we mention medical disorders or anything like that, it detracts from the game and makes the game more personal. As I've been in games that ended it people hating others, I really hate seeing fun games getting personal. Still, in the spirit of not thinking of this game being personal, I'll put her in slightly scummy territory.
Not_Mafia: He's given me nothing to work with. Something he has done, however, was first saying that he was going to re-read the game. Then today, he calls Heap's argument stupid. I don't know (or really think) it's that alignment indicative, but it rubs me the wrong way.
Soren: Gives me a town vibe.

I didn't want to place a vote until I re-read this and seeing as I need to vote someone, I'll vote for who irks me the worst. To me, I want to vote Not_Mafia or Rob13. I'll keep a close eye to see what Not_Mafia says but for right now, I need to VOTE: Rob13
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:42 am

Post by Rift Adrift »

VC 1.9
Persivul
(5): FA_Q2, Rob13, Frozen Angel, Plottin Kittehs, Shiro
Rob13
(3): Not_Mafia, Davsto, KuroiXHF
Davsto
(2): BROseidon, Adaptive Heap
Aristophanes
(1): Persivul
Frozen Angel
(1): Aristophanes
FA_Q2
(1): Soren

Not Voting
(0):
None.

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline: January 5, Noon US Eastern Time
Countdown: (expired on 2016-01-05 09:00:00)

Mod Notes:

:]
Syryana and fferyllt: doing nothing but tunneling while giving virtually no other reads worth anything. Also, puppies.

If it were that simple, if it were only that simple, we would never have called you in about it, Rydra Wong. -- Samuel R. Delany,
Babel-17
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:44 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 426, KuroiXHF wrote:Frozen Angel: I was going to say slightly scum, until she started mentioning mental illness. I hate reading things like this because when we mention medical disorders or anything like that, it detracts from the game and makes the game more personal. As I've been in games that ended it people hating others, I really hate seeing fun games getting personal. Still, in the spirit of not thinking of this game being personal, I'll put her in slightly scummy territory.

forget mental thing. talk to me. why
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:00 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 428, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 426, KuroiXHF wrote:Frozen Angel: I was going to say slightly scum, until she started mentioning mental illness. I hate reading things like this because when we mention medical disorders or anything like that, it detracts from the game and makes the game more personal. As I've been in games that ended it people hating others, I really hate seeing fun games getting personal. Still, in the spirit of not thinking of this game being personal, I'll put her in slightly scummy territory.

He gave reads on you, me, Rob, NM, and Soren...and all you care about is why he finds you scummy...
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:01 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

cause I can answer about myself? and I'm town?

Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:02 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

his read list is sooo weak. I feel its that. I feel its not that. I get that vibe , I have nothing to work on.

Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:06 am

Post by Persivul »

Yeah, it was underwhelming, but it's something I suppose.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:13 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

Well, the first thing that pops out at me is your dismissal and deflection off Persival's questions. You also appear defensive and emotionally involved in the game. You also did do a couple of goal-moving posts, but I don't think you understand what that means.

It also doesn't really help that I'm a grammar nazi and reading what you write is akin to claws on a chalkboard. (I don't use that to figure out if you're scummy or not, but I find it difficult to decipher what you say at times.) I understand it's not your first language and I appreciate that, but it drives me nuts.

Lastly, I can't just "forget" issues like the ones you've posted regarding real life issues and emotional/logical difficulties. This is why I find you as just leaning scum. There are many variables and there are many opportunities to learn more about you (granted I'm not lynched or killed in any way) so hopefully we'll find out a bit more.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:16 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

In post 429, Persivul wrote:

He gave reads on you, me, Rob, NM, and Soren...and all you care about is why he finds you scummy...

Actually, this does lessen the scumminess I have on her. Mafia don't want to have attention on themselves and especially when there's no reason to try to defend themselves. It wasn't just her in that list. ...I mean, I still find her more scummy than I do find her town, so I'll still keep her on my "slightly scummy" list, but she wouldn't be the first person I'd lynch.
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:20 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

1 - i never dismissed or deflect any of his questions. he did that several times tough . (pointing to his circular reasoning there).

2 - being emotional is my personality. I'm tired of being accused of being emotional in all my fucking games.

3 - :| really? the fact English is my FOURTH language is alignment indicative? if you believe its not why you even put that there?

4 - I said simply put it aside and talk to me. you find that alignment indicative as well?

you can start finding out by asking real questions. about my reads. But you didn't.

whats your idea about persival? you just said he is a town lean. why is he a town lean?

pedit : talking about "the first person you would lynch" you have a list?

Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:21 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 434, KuroiXHF wrote:ctually, this does lessen the scumminess I have on her. Mafia don't want to have attention on themselves and especially when there's no reason to try to defend themselves.

Some scum are like that. Some try to nip every scum read on them in the bud.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:28 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 425, Rift Adrift wrote:
Aristophanes has been prodded.

:!: :!: TRANSITION ALERT :!: :!:

Since I voted ari for lurking but he has now been prodded, my vote is no longer needed there and I'm moving it to:

VOTE: FA_Q2
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:32 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

1. If I'm missing something, please point it to me, but I think I remember what you're referring to me but he never seemed of having circular reasoning. Perhaps it sounded circular because it made logical sense - that phrase, "It's come full circle."

2. I don't mean to come across as rude, but it might help if you stopped acting emotional in all your games. If you see yourself getting worked up, take a deep breath. Before you post, ask yourself if there's a better way to phrase it. There are more effective ways to phrase something in most cases.

3. I never said your language was alignment indicative. In fact, I said I wasn't judging your language
wasn't
being used to judge your scumminess. I stated that because you've gotten a lot of crap and it may be because it is often difficult to read the message you're trying to convey. (I don't want to go too far off topic, but what are your other three languages?)

4. Your mental illness isn't really indicative of scum, but it makes things a hell of a lot harder. I don't want to be a dick and vote you because of something about you personally. (#433 I've mentioned I don't want games to be personal.) I gave my view and I've done a lot reading through the game and gathering my thoughts. Right now, I have what I have. I'm sure people would have questions for me and we would discuss them. What do you know? Someone asked me.

My thoughts on Persival were mostly derived by his interactions with you, but also by the rest of the town. He seemed to be very transparent.

And no, I don't have a concrete lynch-list, but I did mention who I find more scummy than others. I wanted to, and still might vote for Not_Mafia, but I have the worst feelings about Rob13 based on his style of playing and many of his comments.

@Persival - I know, but when it comes to day one, I go with what is most likely and I'd estimate it's about a nickel or a dime on every dollar for the mafia who intentionally get themselves in hot water.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:52 am

Post by Persivul »

Davsto has posted elsewhere today. Looks like instead of scum hunting he's just waiting for pressure on himself to subside...
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:55 am

Post by Persivul »

Broseiden's been very active today in other threads.
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:34 am

Post by FA_Q2 »

crap this game has moved fast since I last had a chance to read.

We are busy as hell this week so I am going to have little time to catch up for the next few days. I will comment when I am able to catch up - hopefully sometime today/tomorrow.
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:36 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 438, KuroiXHF wrote:1. If I'm missing something, please point it to me, but I think I remember what you're referring to me but he never seemed of having circular reasoning. Perhaps it sounded circular because it made logical sense - that phrase, "It's come full circle."

2. I don't mean to come across as rude, but it might help if you stopped acting emotional in all your games. If you see yourself getting worked up, take a deep breath. Before you post, ask yourself if there's a better way to phrase it. There are more effective ways to phrase something in most cases.

3. I never said your language was alignment indicative. In fact, I said I wasn't judging your language
wasn't
being used to judge your scumminess. I stated that because you've gotten a lot of crap and it may be because it is often difficult to read the message you're trying to convey. (I don't want to go too far off topic, but what are your other three languages?)

4. Your mental illness isn't really indicative of scum, but it makes things a hell of a lot harder. I don't want to be a dick and vote you because of something about you personally. (#433 I've mentioned I don't want games to be personal.) I gave my view and I've done a lot reading through the game and gathering my thoughts. Right now, I have what I have. I'm sure people would have questions for me and we would discuss them. What do you know? Someone asked me.

My thoughts on Persival were mostly derived by his interactions with you, but also by the rest of the town. He seemed to be very transparent.

And no, I don't have a concrete lynch-list, but I did mention who I find more scummy than others. I wanted to, and still might vote for Not_Mafia, but I have the worst feelings about Rob13 based on his style of playing and many of his comments.

@Persival - I know, but when it comes to day one, I go with what is most likely and I'd estimate it's about a nickel or a dime on every dollar for the mafia who intentionally get themselves in hot water.

1 - what about you ISO me and find that loop?

2 - Its me, everywhere. Its my way of living. a little hard to change. Thx for the advise btw.

anything else you want me to answer?

KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:45 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

Sorry, I'm not familiar with the term ISO. What does that mean?

I also asked how many languages you know. This question isn't relevant to the game, I admit, but I was curious.
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:59 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

Iso is a thing up there beside the post number which will isolate my posts for you : http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 0#p7512960

about languages : 4 , my own native lang (which is a secret!) , French , German and at last I tried to learn eng.

Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:14 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 443, KuroiXHF wrote:Sorry, I'm not familiar with the term ISO. What does that mean?

ISO looks at just one player's posts. I presume it's short from isolation but don't really know that. As Frozen said you can click on ISO in any post to ISO that player. Better yet, click on Activity Overview in the bottom right of your screen. THere you can see how many posts a player has and how long since their last post. If you click on the number of posts that will also get you to the ISO.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:15 pm

Post by Davsto »

Prodge. I'll do some shit some time today when I have time and it's not 9AM.
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:17 pm

Post by Shiro »

Per what do you hope to accomplish with vote hoping? Like most people are not even going to care about your one vote
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:05 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 447, Shiro wrote:Per what do you hope to accomplish with vote hoping?

Put pressure on people.
Like most people are not even going to care about your one vote

Yes, I acknowledged that myself, but that doesn't mean I stop trying.
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:06 am

Post by Shiro »

A vote is not pressure asking questions is

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”