Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #1250 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:02 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 1249, Jeanne11 wrote:Vi knows. Vi is here because Vi won't mind taking one for the team.

Ah, gotcha. Unfortunately I feel like that wouldn't work. You have a weak modifier that roleblocks you, so I would expect that the act of giving you this invention would roleblock you, which would mean even if you did use it today, it wouldn't work, because your'e roleblocked.

I mean, it might not work that way, but I would be afraid it would work that way. And there are way more suspicious people who should take the shot imo.
Sharky5x
Sharky5x
Goon
Sharky5x
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:19 am

Post by Sharky5x »

Errantparabola, there's a new item in your possession.
3dicerolling
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:30 am

Post by 3dicerolling »

So errant targets sharky, and if sharky is town errant dies?

Why did you decide to give it to errant? I thought you were giving it to tn?
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:32 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Yes 3dice. And if Sharky is scum, yay we killed him! :p

I also want to know rhe answer to that question. I don't mind terribly, giving it to a miller claim seems very reasonable.
3dicerolling
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:33 am

Post by 3dicerolling »

In post 1253, Cerberus v666 wrote:Yes 3dice. And if Sharky is scum, yay we killed him! :p

I also want to know rhe answer to that question. I don't mind terribly, giving it to a miller claim seems very reasonable.

Sounds good.

There's a few theories popping around my head right now, but they might just be skepticism, so we'll have to see how errant acts.
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:36 am

Post by RolePlay25 »

In post 1254, 3dicerolling wrote:
In post 1253, Cerberus v666 wrote:Yes 3dice. And if Sharky is scum, yay we killed him! :p

Sounds good.

There's a few theories popping around my head right now, but they might just be skepticism, so we'll have to see how errant acts.

Does it have anything to do with dud inventions that kill the user?
3dicerolling
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:38 am

Post by 3dicerolling »

In post 1255, RolePlay25 wrote:

Sounds good.

Has to do with errant and sharky being scum together. It's a bit premature and should be easily confirmed by how errant acts.
Learned Hand
Learned Hand
Goon
Learned Hand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:39 am

Post by Learned Hand »

In post 1252, 3dicerolling wrote:So errant targets sharky, and if sharky is town errant dies?

I would rather errant target Cerb or tn now. The fact Sharky appears to have picked someone other than tn is startling.

Tn is the more universal choice. Cerb would stop this hydra from debating his alignment.
Learned Hand
Learned Hand
Goon
Learned Hand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:39 am

Post by Learned Hand »

In post 1256, 3dicerolling wrote:
In post 1255, RolePlay25 wrote:

Sounds good.

Has to do with errant and sharky being scum together. It's a bit premature and should be easily confirmed by how errant acts.

I am more concerned with th Sharky myself.
3dicerolling
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:42 am

Post by 3dicerolling »

In post 1257, Learned Hand wrote:
In post 1252, 3dicerolling wrote:So errant targets sharky, and if sharky is town errant dies?

I would rather errant target Cerb or tn now. The fact Sharky appears to have picked someone other than tn is startling.

Tn is the more universal choice. Cerb would stop this hydra from debating his alignment.

Why cerb?

Actually, why tn? I get people are scum reading him, but can you direct me to the reasoning?
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:42 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 1257, Learned Hand wrote:

I'm down, but damnit, conftowning me undoes all my hard work at getting scum read. What reason will I have left for being deliberately contrarian?

Also, targeting sharky is still optimal, for the reasons I previously outlined, but I don't care that much. To be honest, I'm pretty solid on a sharky town read at this point, except for the whole giving the invention to errant rather than tn thing, and I know I'm town, so....I guess someone other than sharky or myself is actually truly optimal from my point of view, since we might actually hit scum that way. :P
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:49 am

Post by RolePlay25 »

In post 1260, Cerberus v666 wrote:I'm down, but damnit, conftowning me undoes all my hard work at getting scum read. What reason will I have left for being deliberately contrarian?

Okay, this usually is left unsaid, because I don't like saying it as town, but it has become game relevant.

The best possible play in Multiball as scum is to be townie enough not to be the lynch candidate, but avoid any sort of activity that would make you threatening to the enemy scumteam - leading lynches, aggressively scumhunting, blatantly being town. Being "scummy enough to maybe be a mislynch one day" while just sliding under the radar on the current day is literally ideal play. And Cerberus knows he's doing exactly that.

Hey scumteam, you know if it's multiball or not, you can work it out from your team size. We can only lynch you during the day, they can lynch you AND shoot you. You want to hit enemy scum, you really do, and I'm telling you where it is. If it's multiball, this guy is scum. And from his play, I truly doubt he's immune to your night kill. Keep that in mind when target selecting tonight.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:53 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Roleplay, that's what I always do. I can direct you to some example of games where I even specified in my chat with my hydra that I was deliberately being scummy. :P

If it's not multiball, what am I then? And, well, I think you'd want Errant to use his shot on me if you believe I'm scum at this point, right?
3dicerolling
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:58 am

Post by 3dicerolling »

Why are we assuming multi ball again?
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:02 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Because(and roleplay is kinda right about this, if he were talking about someone who isn't me) my play is pretty optimal for convincing scum to not shoot at me, and town to not lynch me. :P Arguably, one might say my play is pretty optimal for being an SK as well(which their team composition probably wouldn't tell them about either).

Unfortunately, he is talking about me, and I don't lead shit on D1 other than arguments about theory and optimal play. :)

Anyways, Roleplay, you're clearly someone's alt. you're familiar with Titus and some others. Have you played with me? You did this whole display of begging me to not suck and to work with you, which kinda indicates that you might have some expectations of me, but it could just be that you were exasperated and out of options.

Do you have experience playing mafia with me?
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:14 am

Post by RolePlay25 »

In post 1262, Cerberus v666 wrote:Roleplay, that's what I always do. I can direct you to some example of games where I even specified in my chat with my hydra that I was deliberately being scummy. :P

If it's not multiball, what am I then? And, well, I think you'd want Errant to use his shot on me if you believe I'm scum at this point, right?

Nah, there's people I believe are scummier than you, and I have no idea if it's multiball.

If it is, well, I don't particularly care which flavor of scum dies :lol:

Do enjoy the panicked denials as you hasten to assure scum that you're not scum though.
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:17 am

Post by RolePlay25 »

In post 1264, Cerberus v666 wrote:Because(and roleplay is kinda right about this, if he were talking about someone who isn't me) my play is pretty optimal for convincing scum to not shoot at me, and town to not lynch me. :P Arguably, one might say my play is pretty optimal for being an SK as well(which their team composition probably wouldn't tell them about either).

Unfortunately, he is talking about me, and I don't lead shit on D1 other than arguments about theory and optimal play. :)

Anyways, Roleplay, you're clearly someone's alt. you're familiar with Titus and some others. Have you played with me? You did this whole display of begging me to not suck and to work with you, which kinda indicates that you might have some expectations of me, but it could just be that you were exasperated and out of options.

Do you have experience playing mafia with me?

I have a completed game with Titus!

And I have no preconceived notions. You may think of me as a tabula rasa. I wish you to work with me, because when people co-operate and talk to me, like you're doing right now, it is much easier to read them. And we also need nine votes to lynch someone and while I'm hardly always correct, I definitely have a nice batting average, and more people in the pen lets me avoid things like a Jeanne lynch in favor of lynches I feel are more likely to hit scum.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:22 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 1265, RolePlay25 wrote:
In post 1262, Cerberus v666 wrote:Roleplay, that's what I always do. I can direct you to some example of games where I even specified in my chat with my hydra that I was deliberately being scummy. :P

Nah, there's people I believe are scummier than you, and I have no idea if it's multiball.

If it is, well, I don't particularly care which flavor of scum dies :lol:

Do enjoy the panicked denials as you hasten to assure scum that you're not scum though.

Eh, as scum, I think I'd be more inclined to ignore your assertion, but maybe not. I generally react the same way to everything, mainly because the main things that irritate me are people being illogical and inconsistent, so I get uppity about it regardless of alignment. There's nothing illogical or inconsistent about your assertion, it's a reasonable thought for scum to have, if the games multiball.

The other reasonable thought for them to have(which you should probably have yourself, but apparently haven't) is that I'm playing as though I have an extremely powerful role and I'd like the chance to use it. :p I'm assuming you didn't consider that though, because I don't *think* you, as town, would have given scum additional reason to target someone who could be potentially playing in that fashion. :)

I mean, either way my play should really make scum want to shoot me, if they get past the first level thought of "oh yeah, this dude is totally scumming it up and is gonna get himself lynched".
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:23 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Oh, and you didn't actually answer my question. :) You stated you had no preconceived notions...not whether or not you've played with me before. ^^
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:27 am

Post by RolePlay25 »

You were dead on, by the way, on me picking low-hanging fruit. That's day 1. Low-hanging fruit. In a 17 player game, it's really highly unlikely the scum is "every skilled and experienced player", and frankly I'm really certain Titus is town, so that narrows the field of skilled and experienced players even more.

Although the fact that the combined content of BBMolla, MuffinMan, and MassFlop is a smelly pig fart is definitely cause for concern. That being said holidays yadda yadda yadda

Edgar Allen Pro is also doing the same 'hedgehog don't lynch me don't shoot me' slide, but unlike you is so incredibly actively useless I can't see any scum team shooting him - we frankly have to lynch him sooner or later. Although if a vig is feeling really nice...

PEdit: I really didn't :giggle:
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:41 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Itlepip replaced bbmolla, and itle has definitely produced content.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:42 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Why are you so certain on Titus? There's more than a few people who are certain their town, I'd like to know why.

Actually, I think I have a lot of questions that aren't being answered, I'll need to check my iso.
Sharky5x
Sharky5x
Goon
Sharky5x
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:14 pm

Post by Sharky5x »

I'm not really sure how there would be a errant/sharky scumteam here. Are you suggesting errant has a role capable of suiciding or something? To make me "confirmed" town?
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #1273 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:14 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Sharky, did dramonic define how the compulsive would work and what would happen if a target wasn't chosen?
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1274 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:30 pm

Post by RolePlay25 »

In post 1270, Cerberus v666 wrote:Itlepip replaced bbmolla, and itle has definitely produced content.

Oh that's who he replaced? Okay.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”