Mathilda
Mathilda
Goon
Mathilda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:16 am

Post by Mathilda »

I'm getting the sense that Newbie might not actually in fact be ... a newbie.

Which then suggests someone actually quite experienced at this game because they appreciate the value of being under estimated.

Why is this important? Because I like how she is scum hunting. But if she is experienced then could be this be a scum tactic to play as close to town as possible? Well there's absolutely nothing to suggest that this is the case for the moment so I am going to put her on my town pile for now.
Marcrell
Marcrell
Goon
Marcrell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:22 am

Post by Marcrell »

Votecount coming later today after we drive home.
Elsa and Anna
Elsa and Anna
Mafia Scum
Elsa and Anna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:04 am

Post by Elsa and Anna »

If she was planning to wifom being a newb she'd be planning to do so as town or scum.

Im not sure if there's any value to the tell.

Post is from a head of RadiantalyFarrar3 - Marcrell
Last edited by Marcrell on Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
RadiantalyFarrar3
RadiantalyFarrar3
Goon
RadiantalyFarrar3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:05 am

Post by RadiantalyFarrar3 »

In post 77, Elsa and Anna wrote:If she was planning to wifom being a newb she'd be planning to do so as town or scum.

Im not sure if there's any value to the tell.

<--

Well, that proves this post was RC at any rate.
Hydra of RadiantCowbells, JohnnyFarrar, and Taly.
RadiantalyFarrar3
RadiantalyFarrar3
Goon
RadiantalyFarrar3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:32 am

In post 61, Something Pip wrote:
In post 54, RadiantalyFarrar3 wrote:Guys I hate the word OMGUS so much. It's one of those buzzwords that new players latch onto for just a bit too long (see also: "misrep" and "buddying")

RadiantalyFarrar3 wrote:If this isn't a misrep, this is looks like an attempt to discredit me.

Eh... The original was a quote from the other head. I didn't definitively accuse Newbie of misrepping, I did state whether I was uncertain whether she was, or if she was trying to discredit me.

I'll stop with the dissonance.

>>>>

OK, I'm not going to go back and forth forever about why I'm pushing someone and talking to the people who jumped on my wagon. I feel like a damn record and so I'm just going to clarify and answer questions and that should be done with it.

Something Pip wrote:Why are you complaining about someone answering your question? This post was exactly what you were asking

Newbie wrote:Mathilda - Because of post #40. It looks like a person engaging genuinely, trying to figure things out.
conc - Already explained this.

These two reads aren't set in stone, and truthfully, I would like to see more from both

Not entirely. I was asking about conc specifically. She just said that she already explained it but I must have addressed it already?.

Newbie wrote:Whet? You specifically stated that he sheeped BE without his own assessment and didn't give any other reason.

Really? I also stated that I didn't understand the townvibes and I wanted to engage moreover by voting conc. >_>....

Newbie wrote:I voted you because it looked like you tried to add more to conc's vote than him simply agreeing with BE.

Seriously, what was I trying to add? I wanted to push conc off of him making vague statements and sheeping, and to clarify more on reads here. You say my vote was OMGUS when I had my reasons stated.

Newbie wrote:I wasn't trying to misrep you. I seriously wanted to know why I was giving off scummy vibes since you gave no reason.

>
You stated my vote was OMGUS, and you saying things like "Sorry, if you don't like it" rings to me as if you're trying to discredit my reasoning for even going after conc. It doesn't matter over the fact the votes on me, I wanted to push him.

>
I don't understand how the reasoning you gave on conc-town made him town.

I can see you coming from a town perspective too, but I'm not nearly sold on it.

In post 64, Burning_Earth wrote:Oh I didn't think that your second post that I quoted was self conscious, Taly. I thought that your first was, and your second was a bad hand wave.

I'm not sure on what posts you're talking about? My first 2 were those I signed in Page 2.

The "Damnit Taly, you're scumming up the slot" is a running joke in the hydra.... Because I 1v1 a lot. :/

In post 75, Mathilda wrote:

Which then suggests someone actually quite experienced at this game because they appreciate the value of being under estimated.

Why is this important? Because I like how she is scum hunting. But if she is experienced then could be this be a scum tactic to play as close to town as possible? Well there's absolutely nothing to suggest that this is the case for the moment so I am going to put her on my town pile for now.

With a joindate of August 2013, I highly doubt Newbie is an actual Newbie...

>>>

Also, is this a game of 6 people or 12? Let's get posting, people!

@BE

>
Thoughts on conc's

@Something Pip

>
Not entirely sure of the purpose of ?

Is E&A even in this game?

~Taly
Something Pip
Something Pip
Goon
Something Pip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:57 am

Post by Something Pip »

JF3, I know this might be a little contradictory, but slow down the posts a little, I feel like I understand both newbies and JF3 perspective here and more noise in the thread is just going to let a bunch of other people pressureless which makes me sad. Speaking of which...
In post 75, Mathilda wrote:I'm getting the sense that Newbie might not actually in fact be ... a newbie.

Wait did you think newbie was a newbie because their name was newbie? :facepalm:

Generally you look at experience based on how many posts they have etc. not their username. I'm trying to understand why this post was made- your point seems to be
that you are townreading Newbie only if she is a new player, if not it is a scumread? Well guess what I don't think Newbie is actually new to this game. This feels like you think Newbie might get wagoned here, so it lets you say "Oh Newbie isn't a new player, I think her early game was scummy" and sneak on the wagon without having to actually worry about going after Newbie.

Also I'm not sure that reason is a good reason to scumread someone. Basically you are scumreading a player for seeming town. I would say that opens a can of WIFOM, but honestly that strategy just doesn't work. A good player might be able to look towny as scum, but they would also probably be able to look towny as town.

@JF3, that was just me trying to sort you and Newbie and failing, if you don't see any real point in answering the questions you don't have to.
Something Pip
Something Pip
Goon
Something Pip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:57 am

Post by Something Pip »

^ This was pip btw.
RadiantalyFarrar3
RadiantalyFarrar3
Goon
RadiantalyFarrar3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:58 am

Fully agreed. There's a reason the RC head at least is posting very sparingly.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:11 am

Post by Newbie »

In post 75, Mathilda wrote:I'm getting the sense that Newbie might not actually in fact be ... a newbie.

Lol what? I've been a member here since August '13. Am I the only one you have an opinion on? What about Conc - the person with the leading wagon, RF3 - another with a wagon, Pip, BE, etc?
Burning_Earth
Burning_Earth
Mafia Scum
Burning_Earth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:31 pm

Post by Burning_Earth »

@RF3 I don't really like post 52 from conc. His reasons for voting RF look like being made up on the spot (he voted her for not signing. Really???)
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:20 pm

Post by Lowell »

UNVOTE: newbie
VOTE: something pip

80 is the longest post to say nothing. Also ironically, it does what it purports to *facepalm*. Yes, 75 is pretty dumb, but Mathilda is the easy target here, and your obsession is overwrought. I get the vibe of scum happy to be able to jump in on a dumb comment and make hay with it. Way too much hay.
Burning_Earth
Burning_Earth
Mafia Scum
Burning_Earth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:03 pm

Post by Burning_Earth »

This is town.
Burning_Earth
Burning_Earth
Mafia Scum
Burning_Earth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:04 pm

Post by Burning_Earth »

Mod: Scorpious and Dominator both need prods
Marcrell
Marcrell
Goon
Marcrell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:21 am

Post by Marcrell »

Vote Count 1.1
Concvex: RadiantalyFarrar3, Something Pip, Sharky5x, Burning_Earth
RadiantalyFarrar3: Concvex, Newbie
Scorpious: Mathilda
Lowell: Scorpious
Something Pip: Lowell
Not voting: Frozen Angel, TheDominator37, TheyCallMeDirk

(expired on 2016-01-13 15:25:34)

Prods going out to Scorpious, TheDominator37, and TheyCallMeDirk

Wanderer-nl is replaced by Frozen Angel effective immediately.
Last edited by Marcrell on Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:23 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

w8 a minute what?!!!

Such a creepy thing even exists?!!! :O

Hello everyone!
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:32 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

Ok caught up

In post 74, Newbie wrote:
In post 70, Something Pip wrote:
STOP THE WIFOMMMMMMMMM

I mean, we all have to wifom at some point, since we all have some type of scum/town tells, but whatever. I will say that I don't see anything scummy about conc at the moment, but I'd definitely like to hear more from him. Is that better?

this is a game of WIFOM I agree. But you can't WIFOM a PR. you must play worthy enough to get shot!

VOTE: Newbie

Feels bad opportunistic scum who wants to show himself town (specially with posts about how *town* should act in game)

yeah ...

Mathilda
Mathilda
Goon
Mathilda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:51 am

Post by Mathilda »

In post 80, Something Pip wrote:

Wait did you think newbie was a newbie because their name was newbie? :facepalm:

Generally you look at experience based on how many posts they have etc. not their username. I'm trying to understand why this post was made- your point seems to be
that you are townreading Newbie only if she is a new player, if not it is a scumread? Well guess what I don't think Newbie is actually new to this game. This feels like you think Newbie might get wagoned here, so it lets you say "Oh Newbie isn't a new player, I think her early game was scummy" and sneak on the wagon without having to actually worry about going after Newbie.

Also I'm not sure that reason is a good reason to scumread someone. Basically you are scumreading a player for seeming town. I would say that opens a can of WIFOM, but honestly that strategy just doesn't work. A good player might be able to look towny as scum, but they would also probably be able to look towny as town.

@JF3, that was just me trying to sort you and Newbie and failing, if you don't see any real point in answering the questions you don't have to.

Now this is a very interesting response. It's deliberately misrepresenting what I said. I'll accept that you might not quite get dry humour, especially over the medium of electronic text, but I did conclude by saying

"Well there's absolutely nothing to suggest that this is the case for the moment so I am going to put her on my town pile for now."

That was my very last sentence so you don't have a plausible excuse for thinking that I was reading newbie as scum. Of course I know that "newbie" is a name and not a status bestowed upon a player by the almighty mods of Mafia. But my point remains that the player
chose
to call themselves "newbie". She chose it for a reason.

What your posts suggests to me is that you are deliberately looking for means to cast suspicion on a player rather than looking for slips. The former is a sign of someone wanting to cause a mislynch, the latter is a sign of someone trying to discover who is scum.

VOTE: Something Pip
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:56 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 74, Newbie wrote:
In post 70, Something Pip wrote:
STOP THE WIFOMMMMMMMMM

I mean, we all have to wifom at some point, since we all have some type of scum/town tells, but whatever. I will say that I don't see anything scummy about conc at the moment, but I'd definitely like to hear more from him. Is that better?

In post 79, RadiantalyFarrar3 wrote:
In post 61, Something Pip wrote:
In post 54, RadiantalyFarrar3 wrote:Guys I hate the word OMGUS so much. It's one of those buzzwords that new players latch onto for just a bit too long (see also: "misrep" and "buddying")

RadiantalyFarrar3 wrote:If this isn't a misrep, this is looks like an attempt to discredit me.

Eh... The original was a quote from the other head. I didn't definitively accuse Newbie of misrepping, I did state whether I was uncertain whether she was, or if she was trying to discredit me.

I'll stop with the dissonance.

>>>>

OK, I'm not going to go back and forth forever about why I'm pushing someone and talking to the people who jumped on my wagon. I feel like a damn record and so I'm just going to clarify and answer questions and that should be done with it.

Something Pip wrote:Why are you complaining about someone answering your question? This post was exactly what you were asking

Newbie wrote:Mathilda - Because of post #40. It looks like a person engaging genuinely, trying to figure things out.
conc - Already explained this.

These two reads aren't set in stone, and truthfully, I would like to see more from both

Not entirely. I was asking about conc specifically. She just said that she already explained it but I must have addressed it already?.

Newbie wrote:Whet? You specifically stated that he sheeped BE without his own assessment and didn't give any other reason.

Really? I also stated that I didn't understand the townvibes and I wanted to engage moreover by voting conc. >_>....

Newbie wrote:I voted you because it looked like you tried to add more to conc's vote than him simply agreeing with BE.

Seriously, what was I trying to add? I wanted to push conc off of him making vague statements and sheeping, and to clarify more on reads here. You say my vote was OMGUS when I had my reasons stated.

Newbie wrote:I wasn't trying to misrep you. I seriously wanted to know why I was giving off scummy vibes since you gave no reason.

>
You stated my vote was OMGUS, and you saying things like "Sorry, if you don't like it" rings to me as if you're trying to discredit my reasoning for even going after conc. It doesn't matter over the fact the votes on me, I wanted to push him.

>
I don't understand how the reasoning you gave on conc-town made him town.

I can see you coming from a town perspective too, but I'm not nearly sold on it.

In post 64, Burning_Earth wrote:Oh I didn't think that your second post that I quoted was self conscious, Taly. I thought that your first was, and your second was a bad hand wave.

I'm not sure on what posts you're talking about? My first 2 were those I signed in Page 2.

The "Damnit Taly, you're scumming up the slot" is a running joke in the hydra.... Because I 1v1 a lot. :/

In post 75, Mathilda wrote:

With a joindate of August 2013, I highly doubt Newbie is an actual Newbie...

>>>

Also, is this a game of 6 people or 12? Let's get posting, people!

@BE

>
Thoughts on conc's

@Something Pip

>
Not entirely sure of the purpose of ?

Is E&A even in this game?

~Taly

I must mention Elsa and Anna is my hydra with RC and I'm the Elsa head soooo.... :D

Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:58 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

Fucking OLD QUOTES

I hate who this thing is working ----- :/

Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:02 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

how*

Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:05 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

and I must add OMGUS is really completely no-alignment indicative. I myself will always vote scum , I don't care their voting me already or not.

Something Pip
Something Pip
Goon
Something Pip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:17 am

Post by Something Pip »

In post 91, Mathilda wrote:
In post 80, Something Pip wrote:

Now this is a very interesting response. It's deliberately misrepresenting what I said. I'll accept that you might not quite get dry humour, especially over the medium of electronic text, but I did conclude by saying

"Well there's absolutely nothing to suggest that this is the case for the moment so I am going to put her on my town pile for now."

That was my very last sentence so you don't have a plausible excuse for thinking that I was reading newbie as scum. Of course I know that "newbie" is a name and not a status bestowed upon a player by the almighty mods of Mafia. But my point remains that the player
chose
to call themselves "newbie". She chose it for a reason.

What your posts suggests to me is that you are deliberately looking for means to cast suspicion on a player rather than looking for slips. The former is a sign of someone wanting to cause a mislynch, the latter is a sign of someone trying to discover who is scum.

VOTE: Something Pip

You do know that people's name don't affect their alignment, using someone's name as a point at any spot outside of RVS is scummy. I'm not sure where you are getting that I want to cause a mislynch. First off I'm not voting you, and right now I'm happy with my other head's vote on conc. The way I play the game d1 is to get connections for later days - like now I have you and Lowell's chainsaw of you. Also for that last sentence I had thought it had meant "since there is no evidence of newbie being an experienced player, she is on my town pile now", which I took as a scumread on newbie given that she is clearly experienced.

In general though, usernames are basically off-limits for alignment discernment, and I would like to see your opinion on everything else that has happened this game.
-pip
Something Pip
Something Pip
Goon
Something Pip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:46 am

Post by Something Pip »

This is pigeon poop.
Mathilda wrote:

What about the way she is scumhunting do you like?
In post 85, Lowell wrote:UNVOTE: newbie
VOTE: something pip

80 is the longest post to say nothing. Also ironically, it does what it purports to *facepalm*. Yes, 75 is pretty dumb, but Mathilda is the easy target here, and your obsession is overwrought. I get the vibe of scum happy to be able to jump in on a dumb comment and make hay with it. Way too much hay.

Oh I'm sorry if we haven't posted as much content as you. I'll agree with pip and call this a chainsaw.
In post 86, Burning_Earth wrote:

This is town.

Why?
-the smart head
Something Pip
Something Pip
Goon
Something Pip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:55 am

Post by Something Pip »

In post 88, Marcrell wrote:Vote Count 1.1
Concvex: RadiantalyFarrar3, Something Pip, Sharky5x, Burning_Earth
Scorpious: Mathilda, Something Pip
RadiantalyFarrar3: Concvex, Newbie
Lowell: Scorpious
Something Pip: Lowell
Not voting: Frozen Angel, TheDominator37, TheyCallMeDirk

@Mod: yay I get to be a doublevoter now?
:P
RadiantalyFarrar3
RadiantalyFarrar3
Goon
RadiantalyFarrar3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:58 am

Are you sure you're not Adenine?

Return to “Completed Open Games”