Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:39 pm

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Wikipedia wrote: The orientation ritual in most families happens when a man becomes an associate, and then, a soldier. As described by Tommaso Buscetta to judge Giovanni Falcone, the neophyte is brought together with at least three "men of honor" of the family and the oldest member present warns him that "this House" is meant to protect the weak against the abuse of the powerful; he then pricks the finger of the initiate and spills his blood onto a sacred image, usually of a saint. The image is placed in the hand of the initiate and lit on fire. The neophyte must withstand the pain of the burning, passing the image from hand to hand, until the image has been consumed, while swearing to keep faith with the principles of "Cosa Nostra," solemnly swearing "may my flesh burn like this saint if I fail to keep my oath." Joseph Valachi was the first person to mention that in court.
FIRST VOTECOUNT

curiouskarmadog
(1) - ZONEACE

Not voting
(16): Twomz , Sonicpulsar , Blight , ChocolateAttack , dybeck , Flyinghawk , davidangelsummers , Honary Hitchhiker , Kison , WhoMe? , Tarhalindur , Cephrir , Green Day , thinktank , curiouskarmadog , FeRnAnDo

Needed for a lynch: 9 votes
Negotiable deadline: 30 days

If by deadline no one has 9 votes player with more votes is lynched
If two players have same number of votes lynch is decided by duel
[i]"Dead Rikimaru is... well, dead. When the lights came back on, he was found turned inside-out, somehow. Disgusting, really. Anyway, he was "Dead Dead Rikimaru" (Self-fulfilling Prophecy)".
-The Scummies 2006 - Red Carpet and Ceremony![/i]
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:49 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

Sonicpulsar wrote:Sweet Enola Gay, we lost a wolfsbane, whatever that is. I'm assuming it would have helped us eliminate the werewolves. .
The night scnee made it sound like he could protect against wolf attacks. But either way, it obvious we'd be better off still having UA alive.
Late twenties, early Thursdays
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:21 pm

Post by Twomz »

Wolfsbane is immune to death from wolves and I believe there is a parallel role that is immune to mafia (do not know what it is called). If this "balanced" setup continues to it's logical conclusion, there is a probably a pair of cops, docs and possibly even vigs to target both scum groups.

If the roles are split up that way I have one thing to say.
IF YOU ARE IN A DUALISTIC ROLE, DO NOT SAY WHICH SIDE YOU AFFECT
. Especially if there are more wolfsbane's and mafia counterparts out there.

BTW, the lack of a third NK leads to several conclusions (feel free to add to the list if I miss one). First off I must note that we were informed of who did the actual killing. Thus...
- If there is a SK, their kill was blocked, or they do something besides normal NKs (not very likely with the setup).
- There is a normal vig who did not have to attack or was stopped by the doc (also, imo, not very likely with what I have seen so far).
- There are 2 faction specific vigs. If this is true the scum groups are probably larger than we first thought because unlike the rest of the town, these 2 roles would be able to just concentrate on finding patterns between specific scum groups after one has died, and can clear players of being in that faction. (The more I think of it the less likely this option is)
- There is a 1 shot vig (or two). I suppose time will tell on this one... likely to have some kind of 1 shot vig especially if there are low numbers of other town power roles.

In conclusion, I do not think we can realistically count on vigs to appear unless we receive information (ie a NK) that contradicts that conclusion.

On split doc/cops, I do not think discussing numbers or situations with them would be relevant or wise until we get more information.

People I think were suspicious yesterday.
Green Day: Was pushing for karen's death without voting for her. Also kept trying to point fingers at people who were voting for her while saying that she was acting suspicious. Looked like he wanted karen lynched, but also wanted us to mainly focus on the people on her wagon, and stayed out of the crossfire by letting others vote for her instead of doing it himself.

DavidAngelSummers: I do not like the cut of his jib, if that makes any sense. Jumped on karen, then jumped off onto karma, then kinda lurked for the rest of the day. Do not know if he is scum... just suspicious behavior.

dybeck: Just cause.

Everyone that voted for Karen (including myself). Just because there is a good chance that one or two are opportunistic scum. After a brief overview of posts, I was not really able to pick anyone out, but I am sure we will be able to find some from there later.

Vote: Green Day
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:43 pm

Post by dybeck »

WhoMe? wrote:i'm drawing a blank. Hard to gather much info from the Karen lynch,
Rubbish. There were a lot of scum on that wagon and it's time to get some of them.
vote: WhoMe
Eeny. Meeny. Miney. Vote.
WhoMe?
WhoMe?
Goon
WhoMe?
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:08 pm

Post by WhoMe? »

ah. one of the Karen apologists. OMGUS
vote dybeck
Show
As Town: 3/8
As Scum: 3/4

Survived/Lynched/Nked/Other:

3/7/2/0
Green Day
Green Day
Townie
Green Day
Townie
Townie

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:35 pm

Post by Green Day »

18- Karen, townie, lynched on Day 1
Ahhh! That's what I said!
There is bound to be scum voting against Karen. They want to quicklynch and get rid of her fast. We need to watch who is voting against Karen!
But even then people took shots at me for saying that.

Twomz wrote:
Green Day: Was pushing for karen's death without voting for her. Also kept trying to point fingers at people who were voting for her while saying that she was acting suspicious. Looked like he wanted karen lynched, but also wanted us to mainly focus on the people on her wagon, and stayed out of the crossfire by letting others vote for her instead of doing it himself.
How could I be pushing for her death with out voting? I ended up voteless! You were pushing for her death more like...
Twomz wrote:
Confirm Vote: Karen
Vote: Twomz
Jesus Christ rules!
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:34 am

Post by ZONEACE »

He might be refering to these posts.
I agree Karen's behaviour has been extremely scummy.
This after you'd voted for her then switched your vote to whome
Karen has by far been the scummiest person. I just reckon to watch everyone voting for her as well.
In which you play BOTH sides in the same post.
I'm starting to suspect Karen again.
Back on karen again.
Unvote I think I'm passed voting for WhoMe? at the moment. I have a small FOS on Karen, for reasons stated above by Zoneface. Sorry I haven't been talking much, I don't have enough time to do a detailed inquiry at the moment.
You again suspect her (enough to FOS).

that shows how you could be pushing for her death without voting. I got to say that twomz raises valid points that you just dismissed wihtout countering.

you were originally on the bandwagon fairly early on (and stated several times you thought karen was scummy) but ended the day not voting for anyone. Seems to me that Twomz has plenty of reason to suspect you. I can see why, getting on a bandwagon, then getting off, but still advocating it when the bandwagon is for someone that the odds say is a townie (first day odds are the person being lynched is a townie and if you were scum that would make the odds even higher) is an easy way to stay under the radar if you're a mafia/wolf.

so for that
FOS GreenDay

I don't neccissarily think you're scum but your actions yesterday (the bandwagoning/antiwagoning/advocating the wagon + lurking) plus you not really countering Twomz valid points are enough fo you to deserve the FOS.

Dybeck is still my biggest FOS though.

I honestly believe that most of the people voting for karen yesterday were town. She gave us NO CHOICE. We had to lynch karen yesterday. I think it would have been in the scum's (both mafia and wolves) best interest for her to still be alive cause she would have most definately hindered us later in the game so to me, the people defending her the most agressively are the most suspicious. A scummy looking townie (and a bad playing one on top of that) helps draw suspicion away from the scum trying to hide, so the longer they could keep one around the better for them.

But i'm still keeping my vote on CKD because of what i just said about dybeck (it applies to CKD as well) and well, i said i'd be voting him all day unless im needed to help lynch someone.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:01 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

ZONEACE wrote:

Dybeck is still my biggest FOS though.

I honestly believe that most of the people voting for karen yesterday were town. She gave us NO CHOICE. We had to lynch karen yesterday. I think it would have been in the scum's (both mafia and wolves) best interest for her to still be alive cause she would have most definately hindered us later in the game so to me, the people defending her the most agressively are the most suspicious. A scummy looking townie (and a bad playing one on top of that) helps draw suspicion away from the scum trying to hide, so the longer they could keep one around the better for them.

But i'm still keeping my vote on CKD because of what i just said about dybeck (it applies to CKD as well) and well, i said i'd be voting him all day unless im needed to help lynch someone.
this is the biggest jump of logic crap I have ever heard. You believe most of the people on the Karen wagon were town? Why do you believe that? with 4-6 mafia out there, you assume this? Why? This was an easy lynch. I thought she was town and this scum bag lead the town being way too aggressive. SO what does he do Day 2? Starts to push lunches for those who wanted to slow down the wagon and actually think for a second. maybe have some conversation we could used Day 2.

just going to
FoS zoneface
, I think he is scummy, but it is a possibility he is just like Karen (the new village idiot)...zone, why dont you actually look for scum day 2? What is your Day 2 case against me? For not liking you Day 1?..nice

vote davidangelsummers

I dont like the way davidsummers jumped on the wagon and just lurked after....granted he was just one of the people who did it, but this stuck out to me the most....
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:12 am

Post by ZONEACE »

When I sober up I'll respond your questions CKD.

other than that, I agree with your suspicion of davidangelsummers. The wagon jumping (despite the wagon being logical) and lurking is suspicious just because thats a common scum tactic.
Sonicpulsar
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:57 am

Post by Sonicpulsar »

Whoops, I didn't read the flavor text on the night kill.

I disagree with Zoneace and, amazingly, agree with Dybeck. Karen simply was too much of an asset to "the other side". In other words, the Wolves possibly suspected she was mafia and voted for her and vice versa. So I'm guessing there were a fair number of scum on her. My personal opinion is somewhere around 2-3 but that really is a guess, don't read a lot into it.

I hate to say it because it always seems lazy, but I'll wait for more people (read: lurkers) to post before I say much else.
"Truth and Falsehood were bathing. Falsehood came out of the water first and dressed herself in Truth's clothes. Truth, unwilling to put on the garments of Falsehood, went naked." - Unknown
ChocolateAttack
ChocolateAttack
Goon
ChocolateAttack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:41 am

Post by ChocolateAttack »

what is wolfsbane anyway?
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:47 am

Post by Twomz »

A mystical plant that protects you from werewolves (and in some fantasy I read a while ago, dragons too... weird eh?)
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
WhoMe?
WhoMe?
Goon
WhoMe?
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:50 am

Post by WhoMe? »

i wonder if it meant he could vig werewolves, or just that he was immune to werewolf NK, which would make them think he was mafia.
Show
As Town: 3/8
As Scum: 3/4

Survived/Lynched/Nked/Other:

3/7/2/0
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:10 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Wikipedia wrote: Werewolves have several described weaknesses, the most common being an aversion to wolfsbane (a plant that supposedly sprouted from weeds watered by the drool of Cerberus while he was brought out of Hades by Heracles).
SECOND VOTECOUNT

curiouskarmadog
(1) - ZONEACE

Green Day
(1) - Twomz

WhoMe?
(1) - dybeck

dybeck
(1) - WhoMe?

Twomz
(1) - Green Day

davidangelsummers
(1) - curiouskarmadog

Not voting
(11): Sonicpulsar , Blight , ChocolateAttack , Flyinghawk , davidangelsummers , Honary Hitchhiker , Kison , Tarhalindur , Cephrir , thinktank , FeRnAnDo

Needed for a lynch: 9 votes
Negotiable deadline: 30 days

If by deadline no one has 9 votes player with more votes is lynched
If two players have same number of votes lynch is decided by duel
Last edited by Dead Rikimaru on Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
[i]"Dead Rikimaru is... well, dead. When the lights came back on, he was found turned inside-out, somehow. Disgusting, really. Anyway, he was "Dead Dead Rikimaru" (Self-fulfilling Prophecy)".
-The Scummies 2006 - Red Carpet and Ceremony![/i]
Blight
Blight
Goon
Blight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:16 am

Post by Blight »

I honestly want to vote two people, but since I only get one vote I'll stick with my vote from yesterday.

Also, a big
FOS: Zoneace
Sonicpulsar
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:23 am

Post by Sonicpulsar »

Blight, considering there has been a lynch and 2 NKs, perhaps it'd be prudent to actually explain your vote and FOS.
"Truth and Falsehood were bathing. Falsehood came out of the water first and dressed herself in Truth's clothes. Truth, unwilling to put on the garments of Falsehood, went naked." - Unknown
Blight
Blight
Goon
Blight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:46 am

Post by Blight »

I don't like Green Day's contradictions on day 1. It looked like he was trying too hard to look like town by playing on both sides of the Karen debate. I think I've already mentioned this before.

I'm not a big fan of Zoneace pushing so strongly the easy Karen BW. Karen made an easy lynch target, and I feel like Zoneace, as well as others, capitalized. I also don't like his vote for day 2, or at least the reasons behind his vote.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:16 am

Post by Cephrir »

Green Day's vote of Twomz is pretty OMGUSy. There were plenty of people, myself included, voting and pushing for Karen just as hard as Twomz was.

I don't think voting for Karen yesterday was scummy. If someone did it in a hoppy or oppurtunistic way, maybe. But I'd expect plenty of town were on Karen as well.
Twomz wrote:IF YOU ARE IN A DUALISTIC ROLE, DO NOT SAY WHICH SIDE YOU AFFECT.
/agree. +1 townie point for Twomz.

I can't really decide which of my three top suspects to put my vote on. I think I'm going to go for Sir "I Know For A Fact That Karen Is Town" first.

Vote curiouskarmadog
FoS dybeck, Green Day
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:21 am

Cephrir wrote:
I can't really decide which of my three top suspects to put my vote on. I think I'm going to go for Sir "I Know For A Fact That Karen Is Town" first.

Vote curiouskarmadog
FoS dybeck, Green Day
umm, it really wasnt clear..why is your vote on me?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:23 am

Cephrir wrote: If someone did it in a hoppy or oppurtunistic way, maybe.
and, you didnt see anybody who did this?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:38 am

Post by dybeck »

Oh yeah, I totally forgot Cephrir was scum.

unvote, vote: Cephrir
ChocolateAttack
ChocolateAttack
Goon
ChocolateAttack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:26 pm

Post by ChocolateAttack »

ZONEACE wrote:Ok, i gotta post again i've done some re-reading and I think all FOSing of cephrir is also a little suspicious. He hasn't done anything, atleast in my eyes, that is at all suspcious. He so far seems substantially protown.
dybeck wrote:EVERY SINGLE REASON QUOTED FOR LYNCHING KAREN HAS BEEN BASED UPON HER BEING A BAD PLAYER!

THIS DOES NOT MATTER ONE IOTA IN THE MATTER OF SCUM VS TOWN.

WHAT ARE YOU ALL NOT GETTING HERE?
Not all of the reasons for voting Karen are based on her being a bad player, just most of them. And also, like I said before, in games that start with day the first lynch is USUALLY town because we really have no solid info to go on, so even if Karen ISN'T scum (although i believe she actually is) why not make that first townie lynch a townie that isn't helping the town. Lynching a non-hellpful townie is better than lynching an active and possibly helpful townie inspite of a few suspcions.

so with that I'm gonna
VOTE KAREN

and
FOS that would be a vote if Karen weren't there on Dybeck
for his unending defense of the player that seems most scummy now.

and I'd just like to state one more time that lynching a BAD PLAYING townie day one, is better than lynching someone who bandwagons that BAD PLAYING townie because they are a BAD PLAYING townie. our best move right now is to get rid of karen because shes likely scum and even if she isn't she's not doing anything to help the town and likely won't be able to help us in the future.
Green Day wrote: Unvote I think I'm passed voting for WhoMe? at the moment. I have a small FOS on Karen, for reasons stated above by Zoneface. Sorry I haven't been talking much, I don't have enough time to do a detailed inquiry at the moment.
If your reason was stated by Zoneface then should there be a vote after Karen rather then a small fos? And what was your reason for fosing Karen? Zoneface think it better to lynch a BAD PLAYING townie but he believed Karen was scum. So which one is your reason?
GreenDay wrote:Reason for voting Karen.
She is very very defensive and is giving a major reaction. Almost asking to be voted for.
This quote is back fromt the beginning of the game and it is the thing that bug me the most because he did have a reason for voted Karen in the begining but then he unvoted her and later on with Zoneface explicit reasoning, he said he only have a small fos for her.

Your vote again Twomz was really ridiculous, there were eleven of us voted Karen. Yes, there will be some scum but there would be also some towns because of her bad play that leading to town votes town. But for you, it look more like you want us to vote for her because she was fosed everyone voted her, and your name is off the black list.

dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:43 pm

Post by dybeck »

ZONEACE wrote:Your actions yesterday were disconcerting, yes, Karen ended up being town, but there was the possibility she was scum coupled with her inability to aid the town in ANY WAY. It was obvious that our best option yesterday was to lynch her and you were completely opposed to it but gave us no better ideas.
Zoneace, you've been around far too long to be spouting bullshit like this.

It was very clear to some people yesterday that the bandwagon on Karen was based on spiderwebs and fairydust and that our best option was to carry on discussion until we had some more information. To pretend otherwise is more than idiocy, it's a blatant lie.

Clearly "I don't know who the scum are" is not the same as "Karen must be the scum".

Additionally, "I don't know who the scum are" is not the same as "We must lynch someone as soon as possible - let's pick a poor player"

FOS: ZONEACE
. If you
are
town, you should think about rereading your last post and retracting it. You should frankly be ashamed of typing such obvious rubbish.
Flyinghawk
Flyinghawk
Goon
Flyinghawk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:12 pm

Post by Flyinghawk »

Cephrir wrote:Green Day's vote of Twomz is pretty OMGUSy. There were plenty of people, myself included, voting and pushing for Karen just as hard as Twomz was.

I don't think voting for Karen yesterday was scummy. If someone did it in a hoppy or oppurtunistic way, maybe. But I'd expect plenty of town were on Karen as well.
Twomz wrote:IF YOU ARE IN A DUALISTIC ROLE, DO NOT SAY WHICH SIDE YOU AFFECT.
/agree. +1 townie point for Twomz.

Vote curiouskarmadog
FoS dybeck, Green Day
For some reason this really hits me as a scum trying to act like a town. Dummy, CKD was right, karen was a town.

vote: Cephrir
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:22 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I realize he was right. He can be right and still be scum.

CKD:
Yesterday, I wrote:FoS: CKD. All of your arguments are based on the assumption that Karen is a bad town player. There is no reason she can't be a bad scum player. There is also no reason why scum would NK her.
I think you are scum and knew Karen wasn't scum with you. However, dybeck has just reminded me that he's scum. Looking back, I suppose you are really only
FoS
-worthy anyway.

Unvote, Vote dybeck

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”