Goon
Mass Flop
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1925 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:39 am

Post by Mass Flop »

Hey dav, this is a UNIMUM game. My role is strange, I'm guessing
everyones role is complicated
. That is not conspiracy talk, this is a role with many strange gears that work out in a crazy way. You're using that to your advantage for an easy clear. That is not conspiracy, that is understanding we're in the UNIMUM game in and not fucking mini normal
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1926 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:47 am

Post by Davsto »

Anyway I think I've got the most out of this as I can.

This defence stuff wasn't really made with the intention of preventing my death, I'm fine with being lynched (although I'd still rather be vigged for already stated reasons). I'll get back to proper scumhunting tomorrow (irl time) because I need to sleep.

"But Davsto," I hear you ask, "if you don't care about being lynched because you're a novoter and it has to happen, then why did you spend so much time and effort defending yourself?"

Good question, you.

If I had just gone "sure, I need lynching at some point anyway, go ahead," what info would you have got from my lynch and flip? No info, that's what. Everyone would just vote because they have no reason not to.

But if I defend myself like I did, think about what will happen. I get lynched (or die later in the future), flip town. What kinds of info can you derive from people's actions during this stage? More than if I'd just sat back and allowed myself to be lynched.

You're welcome.
Mass Flop
Mass Flop
Goon
Mass Flop
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1927 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:49 am

Post by Mass Flop »

such a noble scum you are.
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1928 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:50 am

Post by RolePlay25 »

In post 1922, Davsto wrote:
In post 1909, RolePlay25 wrote:Did I say you were fakeclaiming? I said no such thing. I believe your claim, I do not think you are town. Maybe you gain powers if you forfeit your vote. Maybe mysteriously your vote will return at a later date, then there is no reason to "policy lynch" you. Then we shall all go "ah yes, that Davsto was only wanted to be lynched because of a policy lynch, it is too bad that the players who wanted to lynch him are dead". Well not me, because I suppose I shall be dead, but I'm sure the town gets the picture.
You know when I said "without sounding like a conspiracy theorist" at this whole thing earlier? You sound like a conspiracy theorist.

So is your vote really and truly gone forever and ever, cross your heart and hope to die?
My vote is gone! It's passed on! My vote is no more! It's expired and gone to meet its maker! It's a stiff! Bereft of life, it rests in peace! It's pushing up the daisies! Its metabolic processes are now history! It's hopped the twig! It's kicked the bucket, it's shuffled off its mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the choir invisible! It is an EX-VOTE!

Is that enough to convince you that it won't come back?

If my vote magically comes back, lynch the everliving fuck out if me if I haven't been policy lynched by then, for crying out loud.

Now, can anyone come up for a reason for me claiming this novoter whose vote still shows - whether you think I'm lying or not - as scum, that doesn't make you look insane just saying it?

It's your actual role. Scum tend to claim their actual role, it's much easier to prove and doesn't get them in trouble as often.

Mmm, but now that you've committed to being a policy lynch/vig shot, then I can live with you alive, because you will most certainly die in the next day or two. Claim modification at this point is now suicide, and I can lvie with that. Which um... lets do a little list:

Jeanne - Town weak tracker neighbor thing, don't want to lynch
Muffinman - Did something to EAP maybe, probably not scum unless with EAP?
EAP - Has hypnotoad bulletproof bullshit powers. All glory to the hypnotoad.
Sharky - Lucid Dreamer claim. Something happened, certainly. Not the lynch today
EP - Miller with new vig powers! Don't want to lynch today
Davsto - No vote now or forever policy lynch that we shouldn't lynch on day 1. Yay
KC - Confirmed town

That leaves me with:

Learned Hand
Cerberus v666
3dicerolling
Elbirn
Mass Flop
DiamondSentinel
Shiro
itlepip

Good god. I really don't know that I want to lynch anyone on that list.

You trying to sell me Mass Flop is the right move?
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1929 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:54 am

Post by RolePlay25 »

In post 1926, Davsto wrote:Anyway I think I've got the most out of this as I can.

This defence stuff wasn't really made with the intention of preventing my death, I'm fine with being lynched (although I'd still rather be vigged for already stated reasons). I'll get back to proper scumhunting tomorrow (irl time) because I need to sleep.

"But Davsto," I hear you ask, "if you don't care about being lynched because you're a novoter and it has to happen, then why did you spend so much time and effort defending yourself?"

Good question, you.

If I had just gone "sure, I need lynching at some point anyway, go ahead," what info would you have got from my lynch and flip? No info, that's what. Everyone would just vote because they have no reason not to.

But if I defend myself like I did, think about what will happen. I get lynched (or die later in the future), flip town. What kinds of info can you derive from people's actions during this stage? More than if I'd just sat back and allowed myself to be lynched.

You're welcome.

Man WIFOM is the most overused term in mafia. But like, I actually want to post the link to the fucking scene from the princess bride after reading this.
Mass Flop
Mass Flop
Goon
Mass Flop
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1930 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:56 am

Post by Mass Flop »

I'm fine with not lynching him today but holy fuck if he lives much further and he doesn't die I'm going to all caps rage for days
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1931 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:00 pm

Post by Davsto »

For the record, there is one or more other element(s) to my role, but they are
nothing to do at all
with my vote or lack thereof.

I have fully claimed every single part of my role that relates to my vote and how it works (or, technically, doesn't work).
itlepip
itlepip
Mafia Scum
itlepip
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1932 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:01 pm

Post by itlepip »

What is wrong with Elbrin shooting him tomorrow again?
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1933 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:01 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

if you mean "why multiball", it's a guess i'm making based on what i know of the mod (and co-mod) and what i think would make sense in a setup with this much power already claimed

put simply, i don't imagine this being a vanilla scum v town game

that said, this is just a guess i'm making and i like making guesses and being right, but i don't think it's healthy to speculate about this until further down the line
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
3dicerolling
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1934 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:04 pm

Post by 3dicerolling »

Is it normal for shiro and sharky to do absolutely nothing useful?
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1935 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:06 pm

Post by RolePlay25 »

Fine.

Unvote

Muffin, who are you voting? If I had to order my preferences on the list it would look something like:

Shiro
itlepip
Mass Flop
3dicerolling
Learned hand
Elbirn
Cerberus v666
DiamondSentinel

But most of my strongest reads are on the untouchables list.

PEdit: Sharky isn't town, fucked if I know about Shiro, but I don't think he's got license to be this inactive.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #1936 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:07 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

See RP, you've now reached the point I was at a few days ago. All the people I'd normally want to lynch have, well, shown that there's merit to keeping them alive.

Pedit: dunno, never played with either one, but sharky hasn't been wholly useless. Shiro has been though. I think.

Why is itlepip not someone you want to lynch, rp, given your agreement about what someone, idk who, had to say about his thoughts regarding DS?
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #1937 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:08 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Meh, shoulda Pedited again.itlepip is close to rhe top there.
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1938 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:18 pm

Post by RolePlay25 »

In post 1936, Cerberus v666 wrote:See RP, you've now reached the point I was at a few days ago. All the people I'd normally want to lynch have, well, shown that there's merit to keeping them alive.

Pedit: dunno, never played with either one, but sharky hasn't been wholly useless. Shiro has been though. I think.

Why is itlepip not someone you want to lynch, rp, given your agreement about what someone, idk who, had to say about his thoughts regarding DS?

Well he's #2 on my list for a reason. But he actually appears to be scumhunting, some. Hmmm.

Actually his ISO is pretty depressing. He did vote KC with me, but why not mislynch a townie who was doing actual nothing (same as with why not defend a townie doing actual nothing?)

In post 1920, itlepip wrote:IMO Davsto has been super towny, and I expect there to be at least 1 scum between Mass and RP, and Diamond is just sheeping his buddy. Obviously Davsto has to be killed before lylo, but using a vigi shot is way more effective and I haven't seen a good reason why using the vigi shot is bad.

Itle, define "super towny" for me please.
itlepip
itlepip
Mafia Scum
itlepip
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1939 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:24 pm

Post by itlepip »

I really liked his reaction test with his fake vote way back. I had a strong town read on Davsto and he hasn't really done for me to change that. I understand the whole thing that is happening with Davsto kinda defending himself, but it doesn't feel that productive. If Davsto has a reason for trying to last an extra day and was scum, he would have claimed some 1 shot useful PR thing. I'm not sure there is a convincing narrative for what scumDavsto is doing but I understand what townDavsto is doing to I accept townDavsto right now.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #1940 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:28 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Hmm. I think I'll do this.

VOTE: Itlepip

Primary reason? Hard pushing sharky as the proper target for the shot errant had, AND not following through on his claim to lynch EP if he shot elsewhere. Like he didn't even try, didn't even look into EP being scum, or talk about it at all, while other people WERE discussing it. Super weird and inconsistent. Dunno why scum him wouldn't have jumped on the EP hate train with DS though. But, eh, we're down to 3 days. I can't figure everything out before deadline.
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1941 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:29 pm

Post by RolePlay25 »

In post 1939, itlepip wrote:I really liked his reaction test with his fake vote way back. I had a strong town read on Davsto and he hasn't really done for me to change that. I understand the whole thing that is happening with Davsto kinda defending himself, but it doesn't feel that productive. If Davsto has a reason for trying to last an extra day and was scum, he would have claimed some 1 shot useful PR thing. I'm not sure there is a convincing narrative for what scumDavsto is doing but I understand what townDavsto is doing to I accept townDavsto right now.

Mmmm, that's fair.

Cerberus votes! My heart nearly fails.
Jeanne11
Jeanne11
Mafia Scum
Jeanne11
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1942 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:31 pm

Post by Jeanne11 »

VOTE: itlepip

I'll just get behind my neighbour buddy on the basis that his reasoning pulls through unless he's scum, in which case kudos to him.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #1943 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:33 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 1941, RolePlay25 wrote:
In post 1939, itlepip wrote:I really liked his reaction test with his fake vote way back. I had a strong town read on Davsto and he hasn't really done for me to change that. I understand the whole thing that is happening with Davsto kinda defending himself, but it doesn't feel that productive. If Davsto has a reason for trying to last an extra day and was scum, he would have claimed some 1 shot useful PR thing. I'm not sure there is a convincing narrative for what scumDavsto is doing but I understand what townDavsto is doing to I accept townDavsto right now.

Mmmm, that's fair.

Cerberus votes! My heart nearly fails.

I know right? He triggered all the switches. Opposed shooting scum, and acted inconsistently with previously expressed opinions.
3dicerolling
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1944 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:37 pm

Post by 3dicerolling »

In post 1940, Cerberus v666 wrote:Hmm. I think I'll do this.

VOTE: Itlepip

Primary reason? Hard pushing sharky as the proper target for the shot errant had, AND not following through on his claim to lynch EP if he shot elsewhere. Like he didn't even try, didn't even look into EP being scum, or talk about it at all, while other people WERE discussing it. Super weird and inconsistent. Dunno why scum him wouldn't have jumped on the EP hate train with DS though. But, eh, we're down to 3 days. I can't figure everything out before deadline.

I was supposed to be sheeping your vote today p.p
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1945 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:38 pm

Post by RolePlay25 »

Hmmm.

I started my "low-hanging fruit" with Sharky, TN and KC. One was right, one was wrong, and I feel one way or another Sharky is going to die because of today. It ain't hard for anyone reading me to know what I'd bet on for that flip.

I have other theories, I'd like to see more content from Shiro, but yeah, you can push me this way.

Vote: Itlepip
itlepip
itlepip
Mafia Scum
itlepip
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1946 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:49 pm

Post by itlepip »

In post 1489, itlepip wrote:Here is my question if Sharky isn't going to get shot, what if whoever EP shoots is town? I mean EP doesn't have a desperado gun, and as wrong read doesn't make someone scummy. What do we gain from this world besides just a vigi shot? If EP shoots sharky then we get to confirm both people, + I still don't believe that Sharky is really town here.

I mean we originally had a world where scum was in a complete catch 22 and had to choose between suicide and killing a partner, and now we are just giving scum reads vigi shots. I don't understand why some of you are suggesting that both parties should continue. I mean I like EP's miller claim, but it might just be a ninja mafia role that wants to cover its bases.

Read my posts, the issue only arises if whoever EP shoots was town. If he shoots scum then it doesn't matter and the gun might as well have just been desperado. Unless EP had some way to confirm town I think shooting sharky was more correct there, but in the end I wasn't going to lynch someone for killing scum.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #1947 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:28 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

But....you didn't even try. Like, not at all. Just, like mostly disappeared. And didn't mention EP when you came back. I just...I'm not a fan. There's also the DS thing, but meh. I see both perspectives, and I feel like yours is marginally closer to crazy conspiracy theory stuff than the opposing view.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1948 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:33 pm

Post by DiamondSentinel »

In post 1920, itlepip wrote:um, we knew that Jeanne.

Also the 3die defense of Diamond doesn't make any sense to me. Sure there isn't normally there isn't any reason for scum to try to get a confTown lynched since it seems scummy, but there also isn't normally reason for town to try to lynch mod confirmed town. So you end up in a spot where neither town nor scum would normally make an action. Now Diamond could be town that got confused by the setup, but that also easily could be scum that had the thought for a moment and thought he could convince town of it. Diamond then just quietly to the next wagon after the paranoia didn't set in as far as he wanted, but he still tried to push kling as scum as much as he could
In post 1802, DiamondSentinel wrote:
In post 1801, Shiro wrote:Man I feel you. I also need a visit by the doc to be of any use.

Sharkly role sounds too good to be true .

Tbh I am pretty sure kling will have something in her role as well that we do not know yet

THANK YOU! Someone's not a total moron here.

IMO Davsto has been super towny, and I expect there to be at least 1 scum between Mass and RP, and Diamond is just sheeping his buddy. Obviously Davsto has to be killed before lylo, but using a vigi shot is way more effective and I haven't seen a good reason why using the vigi shot is bad.

Wait, WHY does Davsto have to be killed before LyLo? He doesn't even have a vote, which means that Town-Davsto would be who mafia MOST wants to take to LyLo.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #1949 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:35 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 1948, DiamondSentinel wrote:
In post 1920, itlepip wrote:um, we knew that Jeanne.

Also the 3die defense of Diamond doesn't make any sense to me. Sure there isn't normally there isn't any reason for scum to try to get a confTown lynched since it seems scummy, but there also isn't normally reason for town to try to lynch mod confirmed town. So you end up in a spot where neither town nor scum would normally make an action. Now Diamond could be town that got confused by the setup, but that also easily could be scum that had the thought for a moment and thought he could convince town of it. Diamond then just quietly to the next wagon after the paranoia didn't set in as far as he wanted, but he still tried to push kling as scum as much as he could
In post 1802, DiamondSentinel wrote:
In post 1801, Shiro wrote:Man I feel you. I also need a visit by the doc to be of any use.

Sharkly role sounds too good to be true .

Tbh I am pretty sure kling will have something in her role as well that we do not know yet

THANK YOU! Someone's not a total moron here.

IMO Davsto has been super towny, and I expect there to be at least 1 scum between Mass and RP, and Diamond is just sheeping his buddy. Obviously Davsto has to be killed before lylo, but using a vigi shot is way more effective and I haven't seen a good reason why using the vigi shot is bad.

Wait, WHY does Davsto have to be killed before LyLo? He doesn't even have a vote, which means that Town-Davsto would be who mafia MOST wants to take to LyLo.

He means killed by town via lynch or vig, not nk.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”