Micro 562: The Cult of the C9 (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:09 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Because calling for a force replacement on someone feels douchey.

lynching is at least within the bounds of the game.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:17 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Radiant 375 wrote:What do we do tomorrow if he doesn't stop fucking tunneling me?

You do realize that one person does not a lynch make, right? Ika and you deserve each other, I swear.

Radiant 381 wrote:he's just gonna vote me and then cult and him only need to convince one person to vote me to get me lynched.

This is so self-centered and short-sighted. Because the entire game is just waiting on pins and needles to see the next thing that you and ika do?

---

Hindu 412 wrote:By the way, deadline's in like 2 days.

You're telling me. Dom, ika and Suzune are the worst culprits. Suzune especially has had her vote parked for far too long. I don't think any player besides her has any interest at all in lynching Frozen today.

Anyway, could totally still get behind a Suzune lynch.

---

Suzune 458 wrote:it's lazy. It was based on what was pretty good reasoning at the time, but right now it is just sitting there growing flowers. There as been nothing else that was mildly interesting that added to my feelings of it.

I'm glad you acknowledge this, but you left out the most important part... moving your vote somewhere else.

---

In post 471, Hinduragi wrote:
In post 468, TheDominator37 wrote:
In post 366, Frozen Angel wrote:VOTE: Dominator

too much baseless posts + votes + and I literally hate when people make fun of others names or nick names

I do that to everyone...
And where are my baseless posts?

Right below this one.

:thumbsup:
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:28 pm

Post by Equinox »

Vote Count 1.18Suzune (2) - Hinduragi, RadiantCowbells
TheDominator37 (2) - RedCoyote, Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel (1) - Suzune
ika (1) - Wickedestjr
RedCoyote (1) - TheDominator37

Not Voting (1) - ika

With 8 votes in play, it will take 5 to lynch.

The deadline is Wednesday, January 6, 2016, at 12:30 PM EST (UTC-5), which is in (expired on 2016-01-06 12:30:00).
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:29 pm

In post 473, Wickedestjr wrote:RC, why are you leaning town on FA?

Usually FA is more invested in games where she rolled scum.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:38 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Also, we've pretty much pissed away time to get a successful claim.

UNVOTE: TheDominator37; VOTE: Suzune
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:45 pm

Post by ika »

wicked you really dont know how to meta me or read me base on those presumptions you are acting off of
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:15 pm

Post by Suzune »

Well might as well post one of these since I am the favourite to be lynched today.

Well good news everyone, I'm a vanilla townie. Clearly this claim means little because that is both the strength and weakness of vanilla townies. On one hand there is not pressure for me to make a good target at night or abilities to weigh. On the other hand I would never have any evidence to back the claim and likewise the mafia would claim it and probably the power roles of the town. I have played enough skype mafia to know that it is the go to claim.

So, why is Suzune a townie? Great question. I mean seriously it is a great question. I have been kind of flaky. Everyone either agrees with my posts or the are unanimously hated. So yeah, this has not been steller. Plus everyone noticed my change of tone when I chose to be more focused. Which no one was familiar with so it aided me not. So yeah, I can see why you would be suspicious of me.

However, I do not know why I am the favorite. I would be more then happy to direct my attention to it and clear up any misconceptions. However the main contention right now seems to be that my vote has been placed on frozen for a while. I will never understand why moving your vote a lot is liked. I would probably never vote ever until I was sure if it was not frowned upon. I mentioned yesterday that at the point I made the vote it was based on good grounding in my opinion. Sadly, I did not have time to pressure it when I made it so it has died because frankly it is not interesting to anyone but me because Ika and Radiant fighting takes space and energy. And mostly...because I think people skim their back and forth a little. But perhaps that is just me...yeah...probably just me.

So where does that leave us. Lynching me today removes a townie. However, it is basically as good as voting no lynch because I am not high profit and all you might learn is that Suzune thinks frozen is interesting. So this leaves me at an impass. The obvious thing is for me to make a few high effort posts that way so when I go down in flames it is important. While naturally I could just choose to also be not helpful. But that is not my style. So, in the next hourish, I will make a high effort to make a few stronger posts that way, should you still choose to lynch me I leave something worth remembering and helpful moving forward.

My basic stategy from here will to be make a case on all eight of you and set it up like I think you are the cult. I will run through all the reasons you could be and cancel them out with evidence that sounds more town.

I hope that this makes an impact at least.

As a bonus, I was skimming the old C9 games. It looks to me like there are no night kills in this game. Therefore, as I mentioned yesterday and was rebutted by Radiant that would mean that tomorrow will indeed be 6-2 assuming a lynch today.
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:17 pm

Post by Suzune »

In post 476, RedCoyote wrote:I'm glad you acknowledge this, but you left out the most important part... moving your vote somewhere else.
You are very welcome. To move my vote at this point, I would need to know who I intend to vote on because I try not to frivolous vote. Give me a little time and I will will change it. In my last stand this is where I am on everyone posts. Also because I am procrastinating something important, so this is as good a time as any.
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:17 pm

Post by Suzune »

In post 476, RedCoyote wrote:I'm glad you acknowledge this, but you left out the most important part... moving your vote somewhere else.
You are very welcome. To move my vote at this point, I would need to know who I intend to vote on because I try not to frivolous vote. Give me a little time and I will will change it. In my last stand this is where I am on everyone posts. Also because I am procrastinating something important, so this is as good a time as any.
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:31 pm

Post by Suzune »

Well from the bottom of the most recent users going up: Frozen.

This one is my personal favourite at the time so I might as well start here.

Is frozen the cult?

post 30 This post was really the first to hit me. It showed an interest in whether or not hoping someone will lose is alignment indicative. Why wouldn't town want the cult to scum slip? That is every towns dizziest daydream, an easy win. So it rubbed me the wrong way because it suggest that town would not think that way and that scum do it more when trying to set up a mislynch. As someone on mafiascum taught me, scum have no reason to scumhunt, better for them to wait until there is an easy target and poke holes in their ideas. Or as Titus said once, when I'm scum and your town I try to punch holes in what you say to make you look ridiculous.

In post 49, Frozen Angel wrote:All you can see is logic. I can see beyond!
This post was annoying to me because i realise that I focus on the logic of things first and therefore to make it look like a negative because you do not use just logic is frustrating and may have stoked my flames for you a tad.

My biggest trigger on her was the fixation on who was voting her. Plus when you explained it to her, it was never good enough. This raised red flags for me because with one or two votes on you in an early game format that is not the time to freak out and go on the defensive. Therefore, i hoped by leaving my vote on her it would continue to be an annoyance and would reveal true colors. Then she rubbed my vote off because I did not have a proper case and told me to check her scum meta. I'm not an avocate for using meta to solve current game problems. Plus she went the entire game without any reads whatsoever. She claims that she needs time and everyone seems to just let it slip by as game boosting posts. This strikes me as kind of weird.

This strategy bought her a safe place. It did two things successfully, first it took her out of the limelight and second it allows her to fly under the radar. Since she was my initial hunch and 80% of a detectives initial hunches are correct, (That is a mathematical thing not a Suzune thing...), that I think something is there.

As a cult it would buy her a safe place to watch the action. As a townie it buys no street credit.

Honestly if I was cult I would probably convert her because she is so out of the focus.

Suzune opinion on Frozen....honestly I still think this is possible cult.
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:41 pm

Post by Suzune »

Going up, Dom

Initial feelings before going in on this read...meh. People say it is a good potential for cult. Honestly, they have not really stood out to me one way or the other.

Let's go then~

So up to his post at 263, there really is nothing. Nothing much. Some votes, some prod dodges. Some I'm going to read later. Now inactivity is not indicative of townie or scum. This is a known truth, with exceptions though naturally. post 263 This post is interesting in hindsight. Why not make a pass at Red. Red is a good player. Why not want to be caught by them. It might be a wording thing but it comes off as kind of strange.

Post 286 makes it clear that he as a mafia/cult read on Radiant even though this was not mentioned before. Unless it is a less then cleaver play on words.

Otherwise, I can see why people are looking at him. There is almost nothing there. Opinions on people are few and far between, the interactions are joking or stalling.

Gut wise....I would say town lean or null
Evidence wise...well honestly it is a scummy set of posts that do nothing really.
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:00 pm

Post by Suzune »

If someone is even reading these make a post please. In hindesight probably should have compressed them into one...will probably start doing that.

Next is Higuragi. My inital feelings before reread. Devil's advocate.

Spoiler:
In post 417, Hinduragi wrote:Ika is not the recruiter and you fucking know it. Voting someone for derping and being illogical isn't going to win this game. Day 1 is our most important lynch in this game.
Perhaps from a personal perspective. Why is day one more important in this game then any other game. I guess I fail to see the gravity of day one. While it is harder for the town if there are two mafia, it is hardest if there is one and no one has any leads yet. Plus since townie roles can be converted it really puts everyone on equal playing fields. Therefore, why is it most important?

In post 420, Hinduragi wrote:Pretty sure Reck was right, actually.
Right about what precisely?

Otherwise, it is him telling me I was overreacting. Saying my posts were confusing, questioning the time on them, and basically deciding to run with the fact that I am cult. I believe I answered most of them. However, I remain curious what these main issues I am not addressing are? Which main issues am I not addressing?

Final feelings...probably town.

Okay Wicked next~

Spoiler:
Feelings going into this. Town. In my impression before the look back he has been the most reasonable of everyone playing. Asking questions, following up on them, and sifted well through everything. He touches on all major interests and stuff of that nature. So I have a good townie feeling about him.

Yeah, kind of boring but I see nothing to doubt my initial feelings on you or anything that seems to ring scum to me. So right now you are sitting townie in my book.

Red-

Spoiler:
Feeling before reading back. meh~ I have seen Red play stronger then this. Or my memory of Red's play embellishes it stronger than this. However, I do not think she is anti-town at the moment.

With the exception of the interesting exchanges between red and dom, nothing has stood out to be in the reread as anything particularly scummy. She has been voting for me a good portion of the game because of my vote on frozen and because I did not change my vote.

In post 476, RedCoyote wrote:This is so self-centered and short-sighted. Because the entire game is just waiting on pins and needles to see the next thing that you and ika do?
This is a sad and accurate truth.

Final feelings...I would place her in the town pile for the time being

Okay Ika and Radiant are left. I'm going to make some coffee and get dressed for work then finish up here.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:03 pm

hi
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:04 pm

Post by Suzune »

peachy, glad there is a voice out in the darkness
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:05 pm

I find it odd that you're townreading everyone.
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:08 pm

Post by Suzune »

I'm not. I'm not townreading either frozen or dom. I made a differential between gut and evidence on dom because I love me some evidence.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:32 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

In post 478, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 473, Wickedestjr wrote:RC, why are you leaning town on FA?

Usually FA is more invested in games where she rolled scum.
I can accept/believe this...
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:52 pm

Post by Suzune »

I need to finish this up, I got a distressing work e-mail so that is going to take quite a bit of my time.

Here is kind of what the game feels like it has come down to, to me. Everyone is hanging back and discussion between people not Radiant and Ika has reached levels. I mentioned that Red was right, everyone is kind of watching what is going on there. Radiant seems sure from my conversation with her yesterday that if Ika was not removed then she would surely be lynched tomorrow. Which seems like of self-centered because I feel like, a good townie, would be able to leave behind a mark that would make their loss at the hands of the enemy a powerful weapon. Plus it would be really obvious if all the "cult" voted for her.

However, this comes down to the interesting point is Radiant and Ika town. Is one cult? This was something I was going to worry about more on day two. Yes, I was being a tad lazy about it because it was kind of a drudgery to flip through. But since something serious came up just now, I am going to run through it real quick.

My initial feeling is that there is no reason for the cult to try this hard. For either of them. Ika tunneling Radiant is not initially scummy and does not read as some kind of menacing evil. On the other hand Radiant's demand that she is something special and is a threat to be lynched potentially tomorrow strikes me as kind of odd. As a townie, I feel like one does not worry about tomorrow until tomorrow unless they have something cooking and are making a window for it.

Well....yikes...I got things I want to say but work needs me now. If I get lynched before I post this or someone has a question on something else, I will respond to it in a bit.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:17 pm

OK we instalynch Suzune now.
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:26 pm

Post by Hinduragi »

I hate to be that guy but-
In post 493, RadiantCowbells wrote:OK we instalynch Suzune now.

Why?

I literally had a post typed up before this where I fell back. We're really limited on successful lynches in this game right now and I don't think this one hits home.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:28 pm

Post by Hinduragi »

Wicked, don't think the lazy comment was alignment telling at all.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:57 pm

Post by Hinduragi »

In post 494, Hinduragi wrote:I hate to be that guy but-
In post 493, RadiantCowbells wrote:OK we instalynch Suzune now.

Why?

I literally had a post typed up before this where I fell back. We're really limited on successful lynches in this game right now and I don't think this one hits home.

Bump for RC because deadline's coming and I was waiting to hear back before my already-typed up post.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:59 pm

As a townie, I feel like one does not worry about tomorrow until tomorrow unless they have something cooking and are making a window for it.

This basically reads as "hey I think RC might be PR."

Why would she say that shit as town?
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:08 pm

Post by Hinduragi »

The same reason she pointed out the reaction test, I'd think. She just says things and worries about them later is what I get from it.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:08 pm

Yeah, but the "reaction test" was obvious as hell and frankly not much of a reaction test.

I defended her on that.

This strikes me as far scummier and far more deliberate.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”