Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #1975 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:35 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

You answered my question zmuffin, the point was to determine if you found it scummy to suggest lynching him even if he shot scum.

Perhaps my perspective is skewed because my personal preference usually leaves me off the wagon when it gets hammered (because even if I'm willing to vote someone, I usually want to slow things down and get more out of them before the hammer happens, andmy place on the wagon tells me nothing since I already know my alignment, but seeing who else votes to take up the pressure I relinquished is good informtion), but I don't see it as that unreasonable for scumsto to be in the middle of wagons, off others cases, and unvote based on the persons defense, and not be there for hammsrs. Doesn't seem hard at all.

I don't particularly like shiro's "oh yeah, im lurking, contrary to my normal play, but oh well, what can you do" response. That's. ..not great.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1976 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:47 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 1975, Cerberus v666 wrote:but I don't see it as that unreasonable for scumsto to be in the middle of wagons, off others cases, and unvote based on the persons defense, and not be there for hammsrs. Doesn't seem hard at all.

he would have to do that repeatedly (not just today) and EVERY time he's on a major wagon (not just today) because major wagons don't always come to fruition so you're looking at it 2-3 times a day unless he avoids all major wagons

again, though, these are all things that general raise flags in your direction anyway (you say, for example, that avoiding wagons something you normally do but people have mentioned it multiple times over the course of this game alone...) - it's not wise scum play unless you can back it up confidently with day play
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1977 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:49 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

people have mentioned it multiple times as an issue with you and thinking you could be scum etc *
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1978 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:52 am

Post by Davsto »

If it gets to like 24 hours left before deadline and there isn't a decided lynch, I'm fine with being lynched, since lynching me is still better than a nolynch.

I'll even self-vote to join in.

Not that that'll do much
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #1979 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:55 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Yeah, like I said, my perspective might be skewed because *I* could do it between knowing how and why I do it, and having an established meta showing that isn't unexpected play from me. Not so much for davsto perhaps.

If you find it reasonable for him to, as scum, reveal this ability and assert that he is a policy lynch, why exactly are you not bothered by him pushing back against bsing lynched? Is it just that you agree it's better to vig him tHan lynch him, or is there some other reason?
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1980 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:56 am

Post by Davsto »

For those of you that prefer countdowns deadline is in (expired on 2016-01-08 11:50:00)

So we do have some discussion time.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1981 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:58 am

Post by dramonic »

Votecount 13: What is this?

itlepip (4): 3dicerolling, Cerberus v666, Jeanne11, Roleplay25
Davsto (2): Mass Flop, DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel (2): ErrantParabola, itlepip
Elbirn (1): Learned Hand
Learned Hand (1): Elbirn
Mass Flop (1): Davsto
roleplay25 (1): Klingoncelt
Shiro (1): zmuffinman

Not Voting: EAP, Shiro, sharky5x

It is 9 to lynch. New Deadline is in 2 days and 19 hours.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1982 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:00 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 1979, Cerberus v666 wrote:If you find it reasonable for him to, as scum, reveal this ability and assert that he is a policy lynch, why exactly are you not bothered by him pushing back against being lynched?

why would i be bothered?

if he doesn't end up dying tomorrow (or maybe D3 at the latest, depending on what goes down tonight/tomorrow), then maybe i'd be concerned

as is, i don't care
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1983 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:16 am

Post by Edgar Allan Pro »

VOTE: Shiro
I shall be the sheep in sheep's clothing.

Also, this is the zMuffin I was hoping to see, so this is good.
I can follow this.

My reservations re: Roleplay and Davsto is that the freakout by Davsto doesn't feel 'real' or it's weird and I don't know what to make of it and I'm not a superfan of Roleplay's push there.
It is possible -- indeed it is far more than probable -- that he was innocent of all participation in the bloody transactions which took place. The Ourang-Outang may have escaped from him. He may have traced it to the chamber; but, under the agitating circumstances which ensued, he could never have recaptured it. It is still at large.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #1984 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:19 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 1983, Edgar Allan Pro wrote:VOTE: Shiro
I shall be the sheep in sheep's clothing.

Also, this is the zMuffin I was hoping to see, so this is good.
I can follow this.

My reservations re: Roleplay and Davsto is that the freakout by Davsto doesn't feel 'real' or it's weird and I don't know what to make of it and I'm not a superfan of Roleplay's push there.

How do you feel about this wagon if roleplay joins it, considering shiro was at the top of his possible lynch list?
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #1985 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:22 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

To be more exaxt, I suppose, I need clarification on another point: is roleplay the problem, or is his push the problem?
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1986 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:45 am

Mostly the push, but I'm unsure about the slot. It's one of those things I can't divine, but that I wouldn't defend.
It is possible -- indeed it is far more than probable -- that he was innocent of all participation in the bloody transactions which took place. The Ourang-Outang may have escaped from him. He may have traced it to the chamber; but, under the agitating circumstances which ensued, he could never have recaptured it. It is still at large.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1987 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:39 am

Post by Elbirn »

zzzzzzzzzz I shouldn't be in more than one game at once

RP's "Meta" push on Davsto was worse than Biodome

Seriously have you seen that movie? God I'd rather die than watch Biodome again, Pauly Shore can go eat shit

Davsto is far too defensive against being lynched today for someone who actively wants to die and that really bothers me. His insistence that it's "For information" is a load, too.

Oh Shiro's an issue. Here's the thing with Shiro. He claimed Rick from Rick and Morty, basically. If no one else picked up what he was throwing down, whatever. For anyone who's watched that show...Riiiick is a fucking miller. He's an antihero. He's not scum, he's not exactly good either. It makes perfect sense. Claim alone says that's he's town, and I'm not interested in lynching him.

In post 1897, Learned Hand wrote:I don't like Elbirn planning out deaths. I'm pretty sure that's scum.

*Chuckles*

This was in response to me saying that Davsto should be a vig instead of a lynch. Which is just....What? Optimizing the death of someone who needs to die, in a discussion being had about when that person should die. He picks me out to make a little snip at me.

What's really telling is that there's zero response to my last post to them where I confidently revealed them to be scum

Nah, they're bad scummybutts kill now
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1988 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:47 am

Post by RolePlay25 »

Yeah here's this thing that pisses me the fuck off. You talk about a player's play, you talk about what they're doing in the game, you talk about their position. They defend themselves with the policy lynch crap. You dismiss that idea by actually looking to see any basis for it. There isn't. People ignore all the other fucking stuff that player is doing to nitpick
one single point

Well take out that point if you don't like it. If you do, is he still scummy? Yes? Good. Then go fuck yourself.
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1989 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:54 am

Post by RolePlay25 »

This LH/Elbirn argument could not possibly have less life in it. It's like they're going through the motions, poking each other weakly, each knowing the other won't die. With under three days left, is either making the case for the other to be the lynch over Shiro, Itle or Davsto? No. They both have enough experience to know full well what they're doing won't result in a lynch, and yet here they are, going through the motions, not pushing an actual wagon or presenting an actual compelling counterwagon. Just poke, poke, poke, poke. Like straw poll, is anyone giving a shit? No? The town is content to lynch someone other than their supposed "top scum read" (kek) but they just do not care.

Frankly if one is scum then the other is MORE likely to be scum, not less.

Contrast with zMuffin who starts a new wagon and actually tries to get us to join it. Given Itle's response to the votes, I really don't want to (his response was very 'yah, you got me, but I'll go through the motions') but at least he gives a fuck.

LH, Elbirn, shit or get off the pot. We've got two days left, take an actual position.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1990 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:56 am

Post by Davsto »

Discussing my lynch in a real fashion is an entire waste of time.

We lynch me today if we can't agree on someone before that timer in my post reaches 1 day remaining, and if we manage to agree on someone then we can shoot me tomorrow. Capiche? Wasting time discussing whether I should be lynched or not is a terrible idea considering that I'm dying and am willing to die either tonight or tomorrow day. Anyone seen continuing to be discussing my lynch will get a dirty look from me because I feel like it's stalling out this last time by discussing useless things and attempting to look helpful while doing so.
Learned Hand
Learned Hand
Goon
Learned Hand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1991 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:02 am

Post by Learned Hand »

In post 1989, RolePlay25 wrote:This LH/Elbirn argument could not possibly have less life in it. It's like they're going through the motions, poking each other weakly, each knowing the other won't die. With under three days left, is either making the case for the other to be the lynch over Shiro, Itle or Davsto? No. They both have enough experience to know full well what they're doing won't result in a lynch, and yet here they are, going through the motions, not pushing an actual wagon or presenting an actual compelling counterwagon. Just poke, poke, poke, poke. Like straw poll, is anyone giving a shit? No? The town is content to lynch someone other than their supposed "top scum read" (kek) but they just do not care.

Frankly if one is scum then the other is MORE likely to be scum, not less.

Contrast with zMuffin who starts a new wagon and actually tries to get us to join it. Given Itle's response to the votes, I really don't want to (his response was very 'yah, you got me, but I'll go through the motions') but at least he gives a fuck.

LH, Elbirn, shit or get off the pot. We've got two days left, take an actual position.

I take one day off and you're hyper defending obvious scumin Elbrin and then focused on how things will look if Elbrin flips scum.

Shit on your posting. Shit on you.

There, I shitted.

Itepip wagon has too many scum.

Dave's to is town playing voteless correctly.

Willing to move to Roleplay. I really want Elbrin.

@Shiro, *bats eyelashes*
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1992 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:03 am

Post by RolePlay25 »

Stop trying to be ABR, you're a shit ABR and ABR is a shit player anyway.
Learned Hand
Learned Hand
Goon
Learned Hand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1993 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:05 am

Post by Learned Hand »

In post 1992, RolePlay25 wrote:Stop trying to be ABR, you're a shit ABR and ABR is a shit player anyway.

*pats you*

I am no ABR. I am the queen of town blocks.
Dave itepip Jeanne and Klingon are remembers. Itepip has loose membership because his wagon looks too much like Klingon's.
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1994 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:05 am

Post by RolePlay25 »

Like, if you want to vote me, fine. At least you'll be taking a fucking position come end of day, and be on a wagon with more than 1 vote. It's a shit position and you'd have to be brain damaged to think I'm scum here, but fine. At least you'd fucking be doing something useful.

One vote wagons don't kill people. You're fucking on a one vote wagon, so either try to get other people who agree with you to vote it, or fucking get on a more useful wagon. There ain't one scum left, so don't give me "I only have one fucking scumread" bullshit.
Learned Hand
Learned Hand
Goon
Learned Hand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1995 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:09 am

Post by Learned Hand »

In post 1994, RolePlay25 wrote:Like, if you want to vote me, fine. At least you'll be taking a fucking position come end of day, and be on a wagon with more than 1 vote. It's a shit position and you'd have to be brain damaged to think I'm scum here, but fine. At least you'd fucking be doing something useful.

One vote wagons don't kill people. You're fucking on a one vote wagon, so either try to get other people who agree with you to vote it, or fucking get on a more useful wagon. There ain't one scum left, so don't give me "I only have one fucking scumread" bullshit.

I am fine voting scum. I hate both wagons with more than one vote.

I am taking a position. Elbrin is scum. Cerb is more obvious but Drixx doesn't see it.

I am under no obligation to vote a wagon because it has votes.
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1996 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:10 am

Can you run me through these scumreads, Learned Hand?
Learned Hand
Learned Hand
Goon
Learned Hand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1997 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:13 am

Post by Learned Hand »

Forgot DS still has a shit wagon. Yeah no voting there either.

@EAP

1) Lied about Klingon meta to push case on obvious town
2) Tried to focus on Millers because they claimed millers when scum don't usually claim Miller on D1.
3) Attempted to save TN
4) Circle jerk defend each other
5) Have been pushing Jeanne and riling her up
6) Pushed wagon on town DS

Elbrin voted TN once. That's the only redemming thing there and it looks like a bus.
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1998 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:17 am

Post by RolePlay25 »

In post 1969, zMuffinMan wrote:actually, i am going to say the reasons that aren't explicitly
within the game
but i would advise no one discuss this since it is not really breaking site rules but it very well could if discussed

there are three premises from which i am drawing my own personal conclusion, you may or may not draw the same conclusion but regardless, it is not wise to discuss why you do or don't

- itlepip (seems like/plays like/is a newbie and, in general, i think newbies are far less likely to want to play scum than town, especially in a larger game like this
- itlepip has flaked from two other games recently
- itlepip has not only remained in this game, but has been actively posting and contributing content

Well if we're going there, BBMolla who believes he is truly awful scum flaked from that slot. As for itle:

- I see no flaked games. If you can say they exist, you can say what ones. I do not see them.
- I see one completed scum game: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=64238 He stayed through the entire game.
- He actively posted and contributed content in that game. He focused on scummy actions over scumhunting, and was a big push on DiamondSentinel who he eventually got mislynched.

What is this fucking post anyway?
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1999 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:17 am

Post by RolePlay25 »

Like meta, Muffin, you're not only doing it wrong, you appear to be smoking crack.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”