Open 621 (C9++): The ZAR SHOW S1 Holiday Special - OVER!

Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:57 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

He has over 150 posts so it'll be a pain in the ass to find so hopefully you remember it, but there was an exchange where someone made a case on him or something and he took it as an insult to his intelligence and that was more important to him than the player's read on him and this whole thing felt smilar to that. Therefore, his reaction didn't feel alignment indicitive. And we all know that questioning a townread on one's self gets called town all the time. That's why I do it as scum and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Preview edit: Give me a minute.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:58 am

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

In post 750, Kmd4390 wrote:He has over 150 posts so it'll be a pain in the ass to find so hopefully you remember it, but there was an exchange where someone made a case on him or something and he took it as an insult to his intelligence and that was more important to him than the player's read on him and this whole thing felt smilar to that. Therefore, his reaction didn't feel alignment indicitive. And we all know that questioning a townread on one's self gets called town all the time. That's why I do it as scum and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

CTRL+F and search for "intelligence" or "insult".
"You've been furthering the win condition of the Mafia even better than the Mafia." - Dierfire
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:59 am

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

Anyway, the insult to my intelligence was intimately connected with the mistaken scumread.
"You've been furthering the win condition of the Mafia even better than the Mafia." - Dierfire
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:00 am

Post by acryon »

In post 745, Kmd4390 wrote:No. Your towncase relies on him misreading the setup when he didn't. Based on his earlier posts, pride is important to him. I forget details, but he accused someone of thinking he was dumb or something.

No it doesn't. My towncase on him relies on his responses.

Pedit: And this is where a bit of gut and experience comes in. The way he questioned things did not feel at all like scum fabricating.

In post 748, Lucky2u wrote:
In post 741, acryon wrote:
In post 740, Lucky2u wrote:Your scummyness is public knowledge

Pedit Omg that scum threat

Given we aren't lynching AI today, who are we lynching?

You guys are probably going to lynch bbt. The only positive I see from that is it won't drag that argument into tomorrow.

If you meant to ask me who my next desired wagon would be, between Lowell and ABC.

I don't know that I like a bbt lynch.
Get to know me! | Unavailable on nights and weekends.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:03 am

Post by texcat »

I still think that BBT is the best lynch. His tunnel of Yos is scummy. The resistance to his wagon increases my scum read on him. If he were town, scum would have jumped on his wagon and he'd be dead by now. Lynching BBT would resolve the situation and give us a ton of info.

My other scum reads are Kop, and now an OMGUS read of KMD.
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:06 am

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

Hmm. In my mind, Texcat made a lot more posts than she did. She seems to be lurking, which is scummy. I'm not sure how she plays as town, but she should post more so that we have more to read her by.
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:10 am

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

Acryon, you think BBT is town?
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:14 am

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

In post 754, texcat wrote:I still think that BBT is the best lynch. His tunnel of Yos is scummy. The resistance to his wagon increases my scum read on him.
It's more that he didn't really seem that interested in reading other people than the tunneling. Many townies tunnel, like Roflcopter (assuming that I am correct about him).

If he were town, scum would have jumped on his wagon and he'd be dead by now.
Scum don't like bussing each other when not necessary, yeah. But at the same time if BBT is town, then scum might be a little careful in voting for him. I am sure that if he flips town, that the town will scrutinize the wagon on him.

Lynching BBT would resolve the situation and give us a ton of info.
You lynch people because you think they are scum. Information should not be the primary motivation.

My other scum reads are Kop, and now an OMGUS read of KMD.
Could you give a list of reads? Preferably a complete list.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:17 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Texcat ISO:
ISO 0-3: completely null
4: pointless question. Posting for the sake of posting.
5: overexplaining the nothingness of her vote on me + asked BBT about confirmations
6: Not sure if this is a soft attack on ABR or lightly questioning Yos. Either way, I don't feel like Tex's heart is in it
7: a prod dodge
8: her big catch up says no read on ABR, Yos' playstyle is ok, Yos vs BBT isn't town vs town (but doesn't take a side) because gut, and asks Always for reads. This is kind of empty feeling for all of the words in the post. 15 pages in and I still don't have a clue on any of her reads.
9: this was the post I expressed problems with earlier. She says BBT is only focused on Yos which was only true in his posts made in one RL day up to that point, so it looks like an excuse to scum read him rather than a reason. But notice she still hasn't voted BBT or anyone else at that point. And then there's the question she asked to make sure Always was townreading her.
10-12: I don't have an issue with her Kop vote.
13: I asked Tex for thoughts on BBT's entire ISO other than Yos stuff. Her thoughts are that she agrees it's not all a tunnel and tunneling isn't scummy. Again, that's weak and empty. I'd think it would be easy to say more than that about BBT's ISO.
14: After she JUST SAID that BBT isn't tunneling and that tunneling isn't protown OR scummy, she sheeps Yos and quotes him saying that BBT's tunnel is fake to look protown. WTF? Horse shit.
15: Questions BBT's confidence. K.
16: wants to "resolve" BBT vs Yos. Sounds like she's capitalizing on their issues with each other rather than hunting scum between them. I bet if Yos was the one being wagoned, her vote would be on him, not BBT, if both are town.
17-18: sheeping acryon on Always "townslipping"

Basically, she's playing the careful, cautious, in the background agreeing game with a hint of opportunism and active lurking. She doesn't seem at all interesting in finding scum. I think she's worried about her own appearance. It's textbook scum mentality.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:19 am

Post by acryon »

In post 755, AlwaysInnocent wrote:Hmm. In my mind, Texcat made a lot more posts than she did. She seems to be lurking, which is scummy. I'm not sure how she plays as town, but she should post more so that we have more to read her by.

This post is really weird. The statement "In my mind, Texcat made a lot more posts than she did" seems to imply that in the smaller amount of posts she is making, she actually is providing enough content to have an impression on you. This doesn't sound like lurking, or even active lurking.

In post 756, AlwaysInnocent wrote:Acryon, you think BBT is town?

I'll put it this way: I'm not excited about a lynch on him. Much of his pushing feels like scumhunting. To be honest there isn't anybody I'm happy about lynching at the moment, which I'll admit has some to do with my absence for much of the day. I won't claim there aren't some sketchy things that BBT has done, but I'm not optimistic about a scum flip.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:20 am

Post by acryon »

In post 758, Kmd4390 wrote:Texcat ISO:
ISO 0-3: completely null
4: pointless question. Posting for the sake of posting.
5: overexplaining the nothingness of her vote on me + asked BBT about confirmations
6: Not sure if this is a soft attack on ABR or lightly questioning Yos. Either way, I don't feel like Tex's heart is in it
7: a prod dodge
8: her big catch up says no read on ABR, Yos' playstyle is ok, Yos vs BBT isn't town vs town (but doesn't take a side) because gut, and asks Always for reads. This is kind of empty feeling for all of the words in the post. 15 pages in and I still don't have a clue on any of her reads.
9: this was the post I expressed problems with earlier. She says BBT is only focused on Yos which was only true in his posts made in one RL day up to that point, so it looks like an excuse to scum read him rather than a reason. But notice she still hasn't voted BBT or anyone else at that point. And then there's the question she asked to make sure Always was townreading her.
10-12: I don't have an issue with her Kop vote.
13: I asked Tex for thoughts on BBT's entire ISO other than Yos stuff. Her thoughts are that she agrees it's not all a tunnel and tunneling isn't scummy. Again, that's weak and empty. I'd think it would be easy to say more than that about BBT's ISO.
14: After she JUST SAID that BBT isn't tunneling and that tunneling isn't protown OR scummy, she sheeps Yos and quotes him saying that BBT's tunnel is fake to look protown. WTF? Horse shit.
15: Questions BBT's confidence. K.
16: wants to "resolve" BBT vs Yos. Sounds like she's capitalizing on their issues with each other rather than hunting scum between them. I bet if Yos was the one being wagoned, her vote would be on him, not BBT, if both are town.
17-18: sheeping acryon on Always "townslipping"

Basically, she's playing the careful, cautious, in the background agreeing game with a hint of opportunism and active lurking. She doesn't seem at all interesting in finding scum. I think she's worried about her own appearance. It's textbook scum mentality.

You went from "let's lynch AI" to "let's lynch texcat; she is textbook scum"? You have a shocking amount of open and shut cases ready to go.
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:22 am

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

In post 759, acryon wrote:
In post 755, AlwaysInnocent wrote:Hmm. In my mind, Texcat made a lot more posts than she did. She seems to be lurking, which is scummy. I'm not sure how she plays as town, but she should post more so that we have more to read her by.

This post is really weird. The statement "In my mind, Texcat made a lot more posts than she did" seems to imply that in the smaller amount of posts she is making, she actually is providing enough content to have an impression on you. This doesn't sound like lurking, or even active lurking.
Is the post weird or the idea that I have something in my mind that is contradictory to reality?

I'll put it this way: I'm not excited about a lynch on him. Much of his pushing feels like scumhunting. To be honest there isn't anybody I'm happy about lynching at the moment, which I'll admit has some to do with my absence for much of the day. I won't claim there aren't some sketchy things that BBT has done, but I'm not optimistic about a scum flip.
That makes sense.
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:23 am

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

Perhaps I should have emphasized that I read her ISO before making that posts, so "in my mind" was how I perceived her before I read her ISO.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:24 am

Post by texcat »

AI, I just told you my scum reads. If forced to name my town reads, it would be Yos and ABR, followed by you and Acryon. The other 6 are somewhere there in the middle.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:25 am

Post by acryon »

In post 761, AlwaysInnocent wrote:
In post 759, acryon wrote:

Is the post weird or the idea that I have something in my mind that is contradictory to reality?

Both, although your clarification makes things make a bit more sense.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:26 am

Post by texcat »

In post 760, acryon wrote:
You went from "let's lynch AI" to "let's lynch texcat; she is textbook scum"? You have a shocking amount of open and shut cases ready to go.

Looks like scum going after low hanging fruit in order to prevent scum buddy BBT's lynch.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:29 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

In post 751, AlwaysInnocent wrote:
In post 750, Kmd4390 wrote:He has over 150 posts so it'll be a pain in the ass to find so hopefully you remember it, but there was an exchange where someone made a case on him or something and he took it as an insult to his intelligence and that was more important to him than the player's read on him and this whole thing felt smilar to that. Therefore, his reaction didn't feel alignment indicitive. And we all know that questioning a townread on one's self gets called town all the time. That's why I do it as scum and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

CTRL+F and search for "intelligence" or "insult".

I don't think my phone has a ctrl button.

Acryon wrote: No it doesn't. My towncase on him relies on his responses

Which I addressed in the second part of that. There are two parts to this. The BS townslip and the responses.

Acryon wrote: Pedit: And this is where a bit of gut and experience comes in. The way he questioned things did not feel at all like scum fabricating.

Maybe you feel your gut is stronger than mine, but do you have more experience than I do?

Tex wrote: Lynching BBT would resolve the situation and give us a ton of info.

Lynching for info is BS

Tex wrote: My other scum reads are Kop, and now an OMGUS read of KMD.

Lol are you guys reading this shit?

Acryon wrote: You went from "let's lynch AI" to "let's lynch texcat; she is textbook scum"? You have a shocking amount of open and shut cases ready to go.

It went from a gut read based on 1-2 posts to me actually pulling up her ISO and seeing just how bad it is. I'm actually more confident she's scum now than I ever was on Always. And it's funny because in some ways Always makes perfect sense as a buddy with her and in some ways it makes no sense at all but that's a post-flip discussion. But more importantly, what do
you
think of Tex? Is your take away from my post really just that I want her lynched? Nothing on the content of the post?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:30 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

In post 765, texcat wrote:
In post 760, acryon wrote:

Looks like scum going after
low hanging fruit
in order to prevent scum buddy BBT's lynch.

You had zero votes...
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:31 am

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

Oh, you're on your phone. There is a search functionality on your phone as well, but it depends on the phone you are using and which browser you are running. CTRL+F is pretty standard for any computer.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:46 am

Post by acryon »

In post 766, Kmd4390 wrote:
Acryon wrote: Pedit: And this is where a bit of gut and experience comes in. The way he questioned things did not feel at all like scum fabricating.

Maybe you feel your gut is stronger than mine, but do you have more experience than I do?

On this site? Probably not. Different people also see things different ways.

In post 766, Kmd4390 wrote:
Acryon wrote: You went from "let's lynch AI" to "let's lynch texcat; she is textbook scum"? You have a shocking amount of open and shut cases ready to go.

It went from a gut read based on 1-2 posts to me actually pulling up her ISO and seeing just how bad it is. I'm actually more confident she's scum now than I ever was on Always. And it's funny because in some ways Always makes perfect sense as a buddy with her and in some ways it makes no sense at all but that's a post-flip discussion. But more importantly, what do
you
think of Tex? Is your take away from my post really just that I want her lynched? Nothing on the content of the post?

The first question I wanted to get answered was the one I asked. Now we can talk about the content, where I agree with you that her posts are fairly empty. It does feel like semi-active lurking.
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:49 am

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

Don't overestimate your read abilities. You won't believe me now, but your read on me is 100% wrong.

I have seen newer players play better than experienced players, because experienced players were overconfident. It happens more often than you think.
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:49 am

Post by shaddowez »

In post 743, Kmd4390 wrote:
Unvote, Vote texcat

New wagon

GOGOGO

I'm actually slightly scum reading texcat also, but something about jumping from the second largest wagon (and the leading wagon for a long time) to someone with zero votes on them with less than 2 days until deadline doesn't sit right with me.

That said, I'd really like to see a Lowell lynch toDay, but definitely don't want a No Lynch. That will give us no information, and just gives scum an advantage. I'll move my vote later today or tomorrow (Real Time) if it will actually help towards a lynch.
V/LA on Weekends
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:27 am

Post by roflcopter »

i'm around to hammer toffee otherwise i'm leaving my vote on ai and not really paying attention overall right now

scum can kill me tonight i won't even be mad
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:36 am

Post by acryon »

In post 772, roflcopter wrote:i'm around to hammer toffee otherwise i'm leaving my vote on ai and not really paying attention overall right now

scum can kill me tonight i won't even be mad

Hm, who could have predicted that rofl wouldn't be helpful in this?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:35 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

And BBT has gone back to low-profile mode, maybe hoping this wagon on him blows over.

BBT:Looks lime you're not going to get me lynched today. What's your second choice? Who do you think we should lynch right now?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie

Return to “Completed Open Games”