Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2875 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:29 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 2848, Imperium wrote:Tammy and I thought Spiffeh was the grand machinist!

I kinda tried to act like it so I would be nk'd but scum didn't take the bait (and FB claimed hella early)
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #2876 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:31 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Can someone explain the sudden surge of Yakko votes please.
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2877 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:34 pm

Post by Marquis »

town going for the same "oh it looks bad" inaccurate scumtells + scum going along for the ride
link in bio
Netherspite
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2878 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:39 pm

Post by Netherspite »

In post 2877, Marquis wrote:town going for the same "oh it looks bad" inaccurate scumtells + scum going along for the ride

Suggest some better scumtells.
Now modding:
Netherspite's SORM Mafia III
(Day 2)
Stairway to the Abyss
Stairway to the Abyss
Goon
Stairway to the Abyss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2879 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:44 pm

Post by Stairway to the Abyss »

In post 2865, Stairway to the Abyss wrote:VOTE: yakko

I will explain this later. I got time sensitive shit to do.

Here we go.

Yakko is privy to SDB visiting Marquis. This is a problem as it suggests that Yakko received Imperium in direct contradiction to what I posted in thread; namely that I would make sure Imperium was covered in the hood. Imagine my surprise when Yakko has the same results.

Then Yakko uses them to try and push SDB. This requires a pretty strong misread of the rules and mechanics that feels fake. It's been clear for awhile only receivers can receive emissions (and this was reinforced by my hood claim). Also, Yakko never suspects Marquis of lying about his role. If Marquis had emitted to SDB who received it, his sensor result would get nothing. Yet Yakko jumps to the first townie to push rather than Marquis.

Yakko's slot has been scummy as fuck all game.

Let's do this.

~Titus
hi im Yakko
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2880 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:56 pm

Post by hi im Yakko »

Imperium is not an emitter
When the opposition are here you tell them nothing except where the toilets are, but you lie about that right. Fuckity bye
Stairway to the Abyss
Stairway to the Abyss
Goon
Stairway to the Abyss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2881 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:59 pm

Total fucking non sequitur. Imperium is a sensor. You know this. You receive data from sensors. You visited Imperium. I know this to be true.

~Titus
hi im Yakko
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2882 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:14 pm

Post by hi im Yakko »

I know marquis role because I visited them n1. somehow everyone forgot that it is rolestop when someone targets you their ability will fail. Where the dillusions that sbd can still receive information from targeting marquis is odd as receiving is also an ability that needs to target.

@titus if you may have failed to notice I don't trust you. Me not doing what you're telling me to do is not a scum tell. And if it was its a pretty bad one. And me waiting to push sdb? Thats what you're going with? You should have expanded with he was waiting to see how people responded. It couldn't possibly be some other unknown factor that is none of your business. If you're going to make a bullshit case try harder.
When the opposition are here you tell them nothing except where the toilets are, but you lie about that right. Fuckity bye
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2883 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:23 pm

Post by Imperium »

Yakko - that's not how Marquis' role works though. It took me a while too and Nacho and I literally talking it out for a while until it became clear to me. I'll try to describe it really quickly.

Marquis only role stops on receivers, so when you targeted Marquis you got rolestopped. If anyone would have sensed you, their sensor would have failed.

SDB's works because he's a sensor targeting Marquis, not a receiver. A receiver would have to target SDB in order to get their results. They don't get rolestopped because their target is SDB, not Marquis.

(I had to draw a visual in my mind to clear it up as I was running in circles.)

Yakko is not scum for not understanding how a role
he doesn't fucking have
works. And he's sure as shit not scum for not following Titus' commands anyway.

I have some things to do before I crash but I'll be back tomorrow, and if you lemmings could stop following the leader for dumb ass shit reasons to vote someone and actually start thinking for yourselves that would be awesome.

tl;dr votes on yakko are stupid. as stupid as snarkysnowman votes were, but you know keep doing what you're doing!
A hydra of Nacho and Tammy!
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2884 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:25 pm

Post by Imperium »

In post 2875, Spiffeh wrote:
In post 2848, Imperium wrote:Tammy and I thought Spiffeh was the grand machinist!

I kinda tried to act like it so I would be nk'd but scum didn't take the bait (and FB claimed hella early)

I even sent kagami a message day one predicting you as the grand machinist and nacho was going to respond to lld's request for why you were town with the grand machinist is a town role just to troll you :/
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #2885 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:27 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

VOTE: Vampirate
Last edited by Kamigami on Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stairway to the Abyss
Stairway to the Abyss
Goon
Stairway to the Abyss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2886 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:33 pm

In post 2883, Imperium wrote:Yakko - that's not how Marquis' role works though. It took me a while too and Nacho and I literally talking it out for a while until it became clear to me. I'll try to describe it really quickly.

Marquis only role stops on receivers, so when you targeted Marquis you got rolestopped. If anyone would have sensed you, their sensor would have failed.

SDB's works because he's a sensor targeting Marquis, not a receiver. A receiver would have to target SDB in order to get their results. They don't get rolestopped because their target is SDB, not Marquis.

(I had to draw a visual in my mind to clear it up as I was running in circles.)

Yakko is not scum for not understanding how a role
he doesn't fucking have
works. And he's sure as shit not scum for not following Titus' commands anyway.

I have some things to do before I crash but I'll be back tomorrow, and if you lemmings could stop following the leader for dumb ass shit reasons to vote someone and actually start thinking for yourselves that would be awesome.

tl;dr votes on yakko are stupid. as stupid as snarkysnowman votes were, but you know keep doing what you're doing!

I get your frustration, but the thing is the game is solved by PoE. With the Antihero flip and FB being GM, scum have to be Yakko PV and Marquis.

Yakko's misunderstanding is fake as shit. If Yakko understood how Marquis's role worked, then the natural response to seeing SDB visited Marquis is HOLY SHIT WTF or a calmer variant thereof. If he thought Marquis role stopped everyone, then receiving "SDB visits Marwuis" makes no sense unless Marquis is lying about being a rolestopper. SDB would have been immune to your track.

That is not the conclusion Yakko jumps to though. Yakko presumes SDB is scum for visiting Marquis. This assumption doesn't make sense from a town PoV. It assumes Marquis is telling the truth and SDB was role stopped simultaneously. That makes no sense.

Second, it wasn't a command. It was something inherently obvious to anyone town that I would have covered. I didn't tell Yakko who to visit. He had a pool of literally everyone but you, me and claimed receivers. Visiting you, even if he thinks I am an overbearing asshole, is duplicative. Town would get your results. I made damn sure people were aware of this.

~Titus
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2887 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:53 pm

Post by Marquis »

remember that thing i said about titus not changing reads even when proven wrong multiple times lol

unfortunately it happens regardless of her alignment. should have done a day 2 policy lynch. not too late now but i'm okay with just ignoring the presence until we get results of some sort on her slot, and hopefully they'll be guilty or something like that
link in bio
Stairway to the Abyss
Stairway to the Abyss
Goon
Stairway to the Abyss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2888 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:55 pm

In post 2888, Marquis wrote:remember that thing i said about titus not changing reads even when proven wrong multiple times lol

unfortunately it happens regardless of her alignment. should have done a day 2 policy lynch. not too late now but i'm okay with just ignoring the presence until we get results of some sort on her slot, and hopefully they'll be guilty or something like that

I was never proven wrong. Snarky was eliminated as a suspect. If the answer isn't you, PV, Yakko, then I will be proven wrong as scum mathematically would be in my townblock. The whole wifom was not a reason to townread Snarky.
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2889 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:58 pm

Post by Marquis »

link in bio
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2890 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:00 pm

Post by Marquis »

anyway more vampirate votes please because nachotammy's case there was pretty good and we have documented pro-town support on it anyway.

yakko wagon is more of the same snowman shit as was mentioned.
link in bio
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2891 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:39 pm

Post by Imperium »

One last post and then I'm going to pass out.

We don't think marquis is scum anymore as nacho said. This is in large part due to his interaction with antihero which was more like relief that he had an ally he could trust (a hero even *snort*). That felt town.

We also talked about the Bork/vampirate thing as I know that Bork got tired of mafia/needed a break/is on hiatus. The Bork replace out due to that doesn't make him town because he's drawn scum three times recently and it was wearing on him and it still doesn't account for the shoddy ways he was reading people while he was active. So, if they are town vampirate can start stepping up any second now.

Also, there aren't words for how much I hated nether sprites hammer post yesterday.

Okay I need sleep.
Void Protectorate
Void Protectorate
Goon
Void Protectorate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2892 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:54 pm

Post by Void Protectorate »

In post 2883, Imperium wrote:Yakko is not scum for not understanding how a role he doesn't fucking have works. And he's sure as shit not scum for not following Titus' commands anyway.

This is true, though.

In post 2887, Stairway to the Abyss wrote:That is not the conclusion Yakko jumps to though. Yakko presumes SDB is scum for visiting Marquis. This assumption doesn't make sense from a town PoV. It assumes Marquis is telling the truth and SDB was role stopped simultaneously. That makes no sense.

Sure, but is it scummy, though?

In post 2889, Stairway to the Abyss wrote:
In post 2888, Marquis wrote:remember that thing i said about titus not changing reads even when proven wrong multiple times lol

I was never proven wrong. Snarky was eliminated as a suspect. If the answer isn't you, PV, Yakko, then I will be proven wrong as scum mathematically would be in my townblock. The whole wifom was not a reason to townread Snarky.

*sigh*

-Void
Hydra of Voidedmafia, Bulbazak, and all their various incarnations.

And if you gaze into the Void, the Void gazes also into you...
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2893 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:19 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 2889, Stairway to the Abyss wrote:I was never proven wrong. Snarky was eliminated as a suspect. If the answer isn't you, PV, Yakko, then I will be proven wrong as scum mathematically would be in my townblock. The whole wifom was not a reason to townread Snarky.

You are so god damn blind to your own failings it amazes me.

How can you....just no. I can't, for my own sanity I can't.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2894 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:20 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 2875, Spiffeh wrote:I kinda tried to act like it so I would be nk'd but scum didn't take the bait (and FB claimed hella early)

I claimed because you were being a dick and asked for me to get shot.

Never forget that part, because thats the reason I claimed.

You
poopy-headed onion noodler

Mod Edit: Let's keep Today a little more friendly than Yesterday was.
Last edited by Kamigami on Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Netherspite
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2895 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:14 pm

Post by Netherspite »

In post 2892, Imperium wrote:
Also, there aren't words for how much I hated nether sprites hammer post yesterday.

And what was so wrong about it?
I'd do that again.
I really believed he's scum.
Now modding:
Netherspite's SORM Mafia III
(Day 2)
Super Dupondt Bros
Super Dupondt Bros
Townie
Super Dupondt Bros
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2896 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:51 am

Post by Super Dupondt Bros »

We are exceptionally busy with family events this weekend, but we have a couple responses before heading out.

We're not sure who Netherspite was referring to when he asked why we did not target a claimed grand machinist. If it was Yakko, we did not buy it. It looked like an attempt to draw a kill or to pretend. If it was Firebringer, truth be told we were not even aware of his claim. We were several pages behind last night and did not see the claim until we saw people talking about it today.

As for why we did not leave any hints, we did consider it. After people would not go along with the mass claim, though most sensors and emitters outed themselves anyway, we decided to trust the odds. We expected there to be more receivers than sensors or emitters, and there was a high probability that someone would find us even at random while the grand machinist would remain hidden.
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2897 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:52 am

Post by Kagami »

Official Vote Count

hi im Yakko
(4): Stairway to the Abyss, DiamondSentinel, Lady Lambdadelta, Netherspite
Vampirate
(4): Marquis, Firebringer, Imperium, Spiffeh
Netherspite
(1): hi im Yakko
Firebringer
(1): PeregrineV

Not Voting
(3): Super Dupondt Bros, Void Protectorate, Vampirate

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Day 3 ends in (expired on 2016-01-16 16:00:51)
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2898 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:34 am

Post by Imperium »

That's an adorable mod edit.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2899 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:44 am

Post by DiamondSentinel »

In post 2898, Imperium wrote:That's an adorable mod edit.

I think I'm going to make a plugin just for that.

@Kamigami, give me a list of all the mod edits you will be doing, and then I'll make a browser extension that replaces them automatically. XD
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”