Micro 566: WORD SNEAK MAFIA! (Game OvER!!!)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:40 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

VC 1.5
VoteCount 1.5

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch!

Fard
[n][/b]

"A copious amount of makeup"

TheManWhoSoldTheWorld -

GuiltyLion -

Davsto -

lilith2013 -
GuiltyLion, Postie
[L-3]

Postie -

Frozen Angel -
Lilac
[L-4]

vandergeist -

Wednesday_ -

lilac -
Wednesday_, Frozen Angel, TheManWhoSoldTheWorld
[L-2]

Not Voting
-
Davsto, vandergeist, lilith2013

Deadline is this Friday!

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2016-01-15 23:00:32)
2023 W/L | 1-0
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:28 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

People I certainly won't be voting today: Postie, TMWSTW, vandergeist, Donald Trump, Mitt Romney, John McCain.

I actually kind of liked lilith's in response to me, but I'm still concerned about her because I get the sense she's asking a bunch of questions rather than making statements or pushes. I'm not ruling out a world of town!lilith, but she's still a little too concerned about how she looks and I haven't seen her really actively try to solve the game yet.

lilac wagon was rather weak until , which I agree is no bueno. That post makes me furrow my eyebrows.

In post 144, lilac wrote:I find it interesting how you’re trying to distance yourself from this wagon that you started. I’m pretty puzzled by this move. Can you elaborate on your discomfort?

This in particular does not look like a town thought process. The wagon that Postie started was on lilac herself - why would town!lilac be interested/concerned with someone who decided they didn't want to vote her anymore? If I'm town and worried about being mislynched, I'm much more bothered by sticky votes on me that don't seem to want to go away rather than someone who looks like they're honestly evaluating the gamestate and doubting their initial scumread.

And what is this question supposed to accomplish - "elaborate on your discomfort"? Maybe there's a word sneak word in here, but it's really passive and awkward phrasing. Does lilac think Postie's answer here will be alignment indicative? It sounds too much like busywork trying to pick things out to comment on, rather than directed and purposed questioning.

lilac
- what do you think of the three people currently voting you? and what's your current read on Postie?

I'm not moving my vote yet because it's still a bit early into D1 and there's some interesting vote-stuff that can happen with me not on the wagon, but I am not opposed to a lilac lynch.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:40 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

I can understand the points against lilac, and it does seem as if she's trying to deflect attention from herself with rather than making an attempt to offer analysis of posts, but for the miraculous amount of pressure she's receiving so quickly I think there's a good chance that the wagon isn't entirely town.

@Davsto, what are your thoughts on lilac? I believe you have yet to weigh in on her 144.

In post 56, Frozen Angel wrote:whats your read list lilac? you seems a hard trier . but it seems your just asking questions instead of answering any...

@TMWSTW whats the point of making people successfull about you to move the game out of RVS? I'm kind of lost in your logic here. I can't see town motivation for that ...

Hey FA, you never came back to this point. Do you still think TMWSTW didn't have town motivation for his actions, or has he changed your mind? What was your opinion of his reads?
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:48 pm

Post by Davsto »

In post 152, lilith2013 wrote:@Davsto, what are your thoughts on lilac? I believe you have yet to weigh in on her 144.

Not a huge fan. 144 reads more like trying to put shade on loads of people than actually investigate things.
vandergeist
vandergeist
Goon
vandergeist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:54 am

Post by vandergeist »

Wednesday_ wrote:@lillith. It was very self aware. Town don't worry about how they are perceived as scum hunting will show that you are town

^ This.

In post 147, Wednesday_ wrote:@vander what is your read on lilac and explain please.

I have nothing new to add that others haven't said in their most recent posts about . It made me wince, but TMWSTW's made me furrow my brow. Newbtown vs Newbscum is what's to be considered here. I think lilac has enough questions to answer right now from other players, I might ask her some after she's answered them. I'm not against a lilac lynch today if we get choked for time, but I'm looking more closely at her wagon right now, who's voting for whatever reason and who might be distancing.

In post 147, Wednesday_ wrote:Vander reminds me of franklin from the peanuts unless I am misremembering.

Peanuts wasn't a part of my childhood :P what does this mean?

In post 148, TheManWhoSoldTheWorld wrote:The Lilac has so many touches of scum activity, that I do hope many people follow me with a vote.

Asking for more votes when someone is at L-2 is strange, as your case should speak for itself and you're communicating your intent for them to be lynched. Just to be clear, after reading that one post you're confident in lilac being scum and want her lynched today?

In post 134, Postie wrote:Yeah, I'm uncomfortable with pretty much every single person who has gotten on the lilac wagon's reasons for getting on the lilac wagon. Not a good sign.
UNVOTE:

I'm sad this wasn't elaborated on.

@Frozen, does your brand of pressure involve minimal interaction with who you're pressuring? You haven't been asking lilac any questions, you just parked your vote there.
TheManWhoSoldTheWorld
TheManWhoSoldTheWorld
Goon
TheManWhoSoldTheWorld
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:55 am

Post by TheManWhoSoldTheWorld »

In post 154, vandergeist wrote:

In post 147, Wednesday_ wrote:@vander what is your read on lilac and explain please.

I have nothing new to add that others haven't said in their most recent posts about . It made me wince, but TMWSTW's made me furrow my brow.
Newbtown vs Newbscum is what's to be considered here.
I'm going to highlight this as a statement I don't like, the rest of the post is good but this gets me. From my experience, these kind of statements are made much more often by scum than town, and all they do is seed distrust in both players, with little effort on the part of the excuser. Also scum would know if we're both town and could easily set up a double mislynch with things like this.

In post 147, Wednesday_ wrote:Vander reminds me of franklin from the peanuts unless I am misremembering.

Peanuts wasn't a part of my childhood :P what does this mean?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss2hULhXf04
In post 148, TheManWhoSoldTheWorld wrote:The Lilac has so many touches of scum activity, that I do hope many people follow me with a vote.

Asking for more votes when someone is at L-2 is strange, as your case should speak for itself and you're communicating your intent for them to be...

@Frozen, does your brand of pressure involve minimal interaction with who you're pressuring? You haven't been asking lilac any questions, you just parked your vote there.
Leaving this because I also want to know.
"Kept you waiting, huh?"
For your typing convenience I respond to TMWSTW, The Man, Big Boss, and David Bowie.
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:56 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

sorry for absent

just prododge

I'll be back later
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:57 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 154, vandergeist wrote:Newbtown vs Newbscum is what's to be considered here.

Between who? If you're saying lilac then what they have a joindate of 2011
vandergeist
vandergeist
Goon
vandergeist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:01 am

Post by vandergeist »

In post 157, Davsto wrote:Between who? If you're saying lilac then what they have a joindate of 2011

Oh wow sweet jesus you're right :eek: I keep mixing up Lilith and Lilac and who's on their second game. This changes things a little, let me reread for a second.
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: Any/all

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:18 am

Post by Postie »

Posting stuff again soon.

I was the one who said this was lilac's second game, but I just checked again and it appears I messed up somewhere because she actually has 3 completed games. Either way, her join date is irrelevant.
Discourse is fleeting, but junk mail is forever.
vandergeist
vandergeist
Goon
vandergeist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:36 am

Post by vandergeist »

In post 155, TheManWhoSoldTheWorld wrote:I'm going to highlight this as a statement I don't like, the rest of the post is good but this gets me. From my experience, these kind of statements are made much more often by scum than town, and all they do is seed distrust in both players, with little effort on the part of the excuser. Also scum would know if we're both town and could easily set up a double mislynch with things like this.
I phrased what I meant very poorly. I wasn't referring to two separate players, but the two possible alignments of Lilac as a counter to the hard stance you took against her .

Postie wrote: I was the one who said this was lilac's second game, but I just checked again and it appears I messed up somewhere because she actually has 3 completed games. Either way, her join date is irrelevant.
Lilac's experience can still be called into question, considering she only has 100 posts from those 3 games.

Spoiler: Fluff about Peanuts, Continued
In post 155, TheManWhoSoldTheWorld wrote:
Peanuts wasn't a part of my childhood. What does this mean?
But that's Peppermint Patty... or so google tells me. According to the Peanuts wiki, Franklin is the smart one of african-american descent that caused a ruckus because of his introduction to the comics during a more testy time in race relations in American history. (late 60s) How that relates to this mafia game, I'm not sure.
TheManWhoSoldTheWorld
TheManWhoSoldTheWorld
Goon
TheManWhoSoldTheWorld
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:15 am

More peanuts.
Spoiler:
In post 160, vandergeist wrote:In post 155, TheManWhoSoldTheWorld wrote:
Peanuts wasn't a part of my childhood. What does this mean?
But that's Peppermint Patty... or so google tells me. According to the Peanuts wiki, Franklin is the smart one of african-american descent that caused a ruckus because of his introduction to the comics during a more testy time in race relations in American history. (late 60s) How that relates to this mafia game, I'm not sure.

Adults never appear on screen in the peanuts, and when ever they talk all that is heard is trumpet noises. You're right on the other points, just went in the wrong direction with the research.
"Kept you waiting, huh?"
For your typing convenience I respond to TMWSTW, The Man, Big Boss, and David Bowie.
Wednesday_
Wednesday_
Goon
Wednesday_
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:46 pm

Post by Wednesday_ »

Gonna check the mina thread for games or whatever this one is moving awfully slow. And no one is doing anything. The person being looked at has left the building it would appear. Being belligerently now we should discuss who we want lynched and who we would compromise on. I want a name none of that wishy washy shit and I want everyone to say who they'd be willing to lynch.

I want a lilac death.

I could conpromise on a lurker.
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:15 pm

Post by Postie »

I'm ill and tired so I can't respond to everything down right now, but here's... like... some brief things...
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:15 pm

Post by Postie »

In post 143, Wednesday_ wrote:@postie I know I read the post. Would you mind telling me which posts of hers you perceived as not scumhunting? Or appearing to scumhunt. It was very ambiguous your post I mean.

So let me get this straight - you want me to give examples of something that doesn't exist?

Also please answer my question.
In post 133, Postie wrote:
In post 133, Postie wrote:
In post 97, Postie wrote:Well I'd assume the "partially random" thing meant that it wasn't fully random because she gave a reason, but it wasn't a "serious case" because the reason was an RVS-ish one. Makes sense to me and doesn't strike me as backpeddling at all.

I disagree.

Ooookay, but... why?
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:15 pm

Post by Postie »

In post 146, Davsto wrote:
In post 143, Wednesday_ wrote:@davsto why so worried about the words/minigame?

Because I don't really want scum to get a double vote.

Shouldn't you be worrying about this in lylo, not on day 1?
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:22 pm

Post by Postie »

I'm going to highlight this as a statement I don't like, the rest of the post is good but this gets me. From my experience, these kind of statements are made much more often by scum than town, and all they do is seed distrust in both players, with little effort on the part of the excuser. Also scum would know if we're both town and could easily set up a double mislynch with things like this.

What? I know plenty of players who say they have trouble telling newbscum and newbtown apart, myself included - in fact, I said that this was an issue I was having with lilac in . This is particularly a problem with newbies who are overly cautious and defensive - those are both newbscum and newbtown traits because newbies are still trying to get to grips with the game and this can make them uncomfortable and unsure of themselves, regardless of their alignment. So I think it makes a lot of sense that we're having trouble sorting lilac.

In post 160, vandergeist wrote:
Postie wrote: I was the one who said this was lilac's second game, but I just checked again and it appears I messed up somewhere because she actually has 3 completed games. Either way, her join date is irrelevant.
Lilac's experience can still be called into question, considering she only has 100 posts from those 3 games.

Exactly, not to mention that there's roughly a four-year gap of inactivity between those games and this one.

In post 162, Wednesday_ wrote:I want a lilac death.

How about you actually explain your reasoning behind thinking lilac is scum coherently first?
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:26 pm

Post by Postie »

Davsto usually obvtowns himself pretty quickly and I'm not feeling it this game so I'm a bit concerned on that front. I'll go into more detail tomorrow but right now my lynchpool consists of lilith, Wednesday, and Davsto.
lilac
lilac
Goon
lilac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:51 pm

Post by lilac »

First off, just to clarify, although I did join back in 2011, there's only one game that I played until completion. I flaked out of the other two games and haven't been on here since.
In post 147, Wednesday_ wrote:

@lilac why is it ridiculous?

You didn't provide much explanation for your unvote.
When I unvoted Davsto, I mentioned that if I wanted to push his case, I would have to wait for him to put more posts up, as he hadn't said much by that point. Part of my reason for unvoting Davsto was because there wasn't much from him for me to analyze. I interpreted your unvote as a followup to mine, because you said "reading inactivity will be the death of us." Which sounded like a similar reason for my unvote.
In post 165, Postie wrote:
In post 146, Davsto wrote:
In post 143, Wednesday_ wrote:@davsto why so worried about the words/minigame?

Because I don't really want scum to get a double vote.

Shouldn't you be worrying about this in lylo, not on day 1?

I'd rather not procrastinate on taking away extra voting opportunities from scum, too.

@GuiltyLion I'm working on a response for you.

Keep the questions for me coming folks.
TheManWhoSoldTheWorld
TheManWhoSoldTheWorld
Goon
TheManWhoSoldTheWorld
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:42 pm

In post 166, Postie wrote:

What? I know plenty of players who say they have trouble telling newbscum and newbtown apart, myself included - in fact, I said that this was an issue I was having with lilac in . This is particularly a problem with newbies who are overly cautious and defensive - those are both newbscum and newbtown traits because newbies are still trying to get to grips with the game and this can make them uncomfortable and unsure of themselves, regardless of their alignment. So I think it makes a lot of sense that we're having trouble sorting lilac.

Sorry we are talking about different thing, I think I misinterpreted what Vander said. What I'm talking about is when two players interact and someone says that the interaction makes it look like one player town and the other is scum without specifying who. Where you, and think Vandergiest meant now, are saying that Lilac may be newbtown or newbscum and it's hard to tell.
"Kept you waiting, huh?"
TheManWhoSoldTheWorld
TheManWhoSoldTheWorld
Goon
TheManWhoSoldTheWorld
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:42 pm

In post 162, Wednesday_ wrote:Gonna check the mina thread for games or whatever this one is moving awfully slow. And no one is doing anything. The person being looked at has left the building it would appear. Being belligerently now we should discuss who we want lynched and who we would compromise on. I want a name none of that wishy washy shit and I want everyone to say who they'd be willing to lynch.

I want a lilac death.

Says no wishy washy shit, doesn't specify who they would compromise for.
"Kept you waiting, huh?"
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:44 pm

Post by Postie »

In post 168, lilac wrote:I'd rather not procrastinate on taking away extra voting opportunities from scum, too.

What are you actually afraid will happen if scum get a double vote on day 2?
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:52 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 134, Postie wrote:Yeah, I'm uncomfortable with pretty much every single person who has gotten on the lilac wagon's reasons for getting on the lilac wagon. Not a good sign.

UNVOTE:

What was your reason for being uncomfortable with FA being on lilac's wagon? Has that feeling gone away?
Wednesday_
Wednesday_
Goon
Wednesday_
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:15 pm

Post by Wednesday_ »

In post 170, TheManWhoSoldTheWorld wrote:
In post 162, Wednesday_ wrote:Gonna check the mina thread for games or whatever this one is moving awfully slow. And no one is doing anything. The person being looked at has left the building it would appear. Being belligerently now we should discuss who we want lynched and who we would compromise on. I want a name none of that wishy washy shit and I want everyone to say who they'd be willing to lynch.

I want a lilac death.

Says no wishy washy shit, doesn't specify who they would compromise for.

You're supposed to read my mind. I'm okay with a davsto.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:38 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 172, lilith2013 wrote:

UNVOTE:

What was your reason for being uncomfortable with FA being on lilac's wagon? Has that feeling gone away?

Also were there people you were uncomfortable with for being on/pushing the lilac wagon other than FA/Wednesday, the only others voting lilac at the time? If so, can you say who/explain why?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”