Micro 566: WORD SNEAK MAFIA! (Game OvER!!!)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:09 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 144, lilac wrote:I figured Frozen was trying to egg me on in order to get me to react to Postie’s vote on me, but I ignored it because I didn’t want to play that silly game. Then she continued egging me on, which probably drew the attention of Wednesday. It looks like she decided to go ahead and vote me since her plan didn’t work the way she hoped it would. I find it scummy how she waited for another person to cast a vote on me before she added herself to the bandwagon, when she clearly had already been trying pressure me. Then, oddly enough, she proceeds to use my RVS like tendencies as her reason to finally nail me.

VOTE: Frozen

First whats egging you? :| you mean like a hen or something ?

second You figured that yourself? I'm alwyas trying to make people to react to other things to read them. And your reactions were awful. What of my actions showed that I want to pur pressure on wednsday? I want it exactly on you. No I wasn't waiting for another person to cast the vote. I was trying to make you talk without voting you ...

In post 148, TheManWhoSoldTheWorld wrote:This isn't really scum hunting, your just OMGUSing and trying to make us all agree that Frozen is bad. These kind of actions strike me as coming from a mindset of trying not to get killed, which is the mindset scum have. Lilac only actually calls one thing here scummy, the rest is discredit. Saying they foiled their plans, or that their actions are odd, but nothing against the reasoning it's self.

liked this

In post 152, lilith2013 wrote:Hey FA, you never came back to this point. Do you still think TMWSTW didn't have town motivation for his actions, or has he changed your mind? What was your opinion of his reads?

That action is not what I'm expecting from a town player to do it. But its to much to call him scum for it ...

I like lilith and TMWSTW new posts :]
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
lilac
lilac
Goon
lilac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:35 pm

Post by lilac »

Reads
I think Wed, TMWSTW and FA are town.
Davsto and GuiltyLion not a clue since they don't seem to be gossiping much.
Lilith, I got nothing.

@GuiltyLion I was asking Postie to see if she had any other underlying reasons for unvoting me. Did I do something town enough to make her not want to keep pushing her vote on me? Or is it just because she doesn't want me to get mislynched for the wrong reasons? Did she just want to put temporary pressure on me? Or is she scum and she doesn't want to be involved in the bandwagon that might lynch me?

In the case that she's scum it explains why she's got the strongest town read on me at this point. She's been referring to my position as a newbie quite a lot recently. The only other person really using that to defend me is Vander. Going on a whim here, I say they're both scum trying to appear pro-town for defending the person under the most pressure.

Looking at their interactions, it's mostly approving each other's actions as town and pushing the newbie points. Nothing really negative or drawing attention to each other.
Of the people who were originally on the bandwagon (Postie, Wed and FA) Vander claimed that Postie's was the least faulty.
Neither of them thought that I was trying to stay in RVS when FA was using that as a point against me.
Postie defended my unvote on Davsto.
Vander said my 144 made him cringe but was more upset with TMWSTW's 149; Postie had no comment.
Postie is currently voting Lilith, while Vander has Lilith on his scumlist. Here is where I'll say that Lilith is town.

And yeah, it's kind of crazy to suspect the only people who are trying to keep me alive, but I've got a super duper gut feeling about this. Of the relationships I've looked at, this one makes the most sense to me.

For my points listed above, namely the fact that she out was the only person to completely ignore my outrageous 144. And then trying to redirect the attention based on Davsto's meta.
In post 167, Postie wrote:Davsto usually obvtowns himself pretty quickly and I'm not feeling it this game so I'm a bit concerned on that front. I'll go into more detail tomorrow but right now my lynchpool consists of lilith, Wednesday, and Davsto.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Postie
lilac
lilac
Goon
lilac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:38 pm

Post by lilac »

In post 171, Postie wrote:
In post 168, lilac wrote:I'd rather not procrastinate on taking away extra voting opportunities from scum, too.

What are you actually afraid will happen if scum get a double vote on day 2?

I'm afraid of a mislynch. Those aren't good on any day of the game.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:44 pm

Post by Davsto »

In post 167, Postie wrote:Davsto usually obvtowns himself pretty quickly

:lol:

Whether or not I turn up obvtown is really variable. But even if I did, you've only played 1 (2?) game with me, how do you "know" that I obvtown myself?

Not a fan of this post, at all.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:45 pm

Post by Davsto »

EBWOP: how would you know
TheManWhoSoldTheWorld
TheManWhoSoldTheWorld
Goon
TheManWhoSoldTheWorld
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:55 pm

Post by TheManWhoSoldTheWorld »

I'm super torn on the newest Lilac post, it makes me feel like Allan Rickman’s lost dog, I see many interesting things but I have no idea where to go. The buddying by town reading and complimenting the people voting them, and also not even trying to defend post 144 just giving up and saying it's bad. On the other hand I actually really like Lilac's ideas against Vander and Postie, I think it's a very solid argument, and the vote is good. So I need time to think about this UNVOTE: Lilac.
"Kept you waiting, huh?"
For your typing convenience I respond to TMWSTW, The Man, Big Boss, and David Bowie.
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:58 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

lilac unvote looks like backtracking [just after me explaining my reads]

I don't know

Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:59 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 176, lilac wrote:I think Wed, TMWSTW and FA are town.

what make you thinked that?

you were scum reading me for saying I voted you because I thought you tried to stay in RVS

what changed?

lilac
lilac
Goon
lilac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:04 pm

Post by lilac »

Just to clarify, all of my townreads are based on the assumption that I've correctly identified the scum team. They collectively have more arguments against you guys than any of you have amongst yourselves.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:10 pm

Post by Davsto »

In post 183, lilac wrote:Just to clarify, all of my townreads are based on the assumption that I've correctly identified the scum team. They collectively have more arguments against you guys than any of you have amongst yourselves.

This is scummy

VOTE: lilac

Allows her, if her scumreads *somehow* flip town, to backtrack and start on her townreads. I really, seriously don't like that.

Yaaaaaas, this is L-1, please don't hammer though because I doubt everyone has managed to sneak their worms in.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:46 am

Post by lilith2013 »

No I think it's L-2 still because TMWSTW unvoted.

Back to playing Angry Birds!
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:14 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

K after that latest post I'm thinking town on lilac and I'm pretty baffled at how confident some of you are that she's scum. That Postie vote makes no sense coming from scum, would expect her to vote lilith there.

Lilith you think she's probably town by virtue of the pressure on her, why aren't you pushing on those people? What are your reads on Wednesday and FA?

And why would Davsto single out Postie for one line in all of her posts when the rest of it is very town-looking? Reminds me of Smash Bros mafia where I offhandedly made a lazy meta comment as town and scum!Davsto harped on it for a while. Like is it not possible that Postie reads games that she's not in?
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:24 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 186, GuiltyLion wrote:K after that latest post I'm thinking town on lilac and I'm pretty baffled at how confident some of you are that she's scum. That Postie vote makes no sense coming from scum, would expect her to vote lilith there.

Lilith you think she's probably town by virtue of the pressure on her, why aren't you pushing on those people? What are your reads on Wednesday and FA?

And why would Davsto single out Postie for one line in all of her posts when the rest of it is very town-looking? Reminds me of Smash Bros mafia where I offhandedly made a lazy meta comment as town and scum!Davsto harped on it for a while. Like is it not possible that Postie reads games that she's not in?
My play in general does lean on catching on to little things, at least this early (see Newbie 1645 and my push on Gimlear for the most egregious example :P)
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:27 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 186, GuiltyLion wrote:K after that latest post I'm thinking town on lilac and I'm pretty baffled at how confident some of you are that she's scum. That Postie vote makes no sense coming from scum, would expect her to vote lilith there.

I'm not confident on this read. she has a good point about postie and van .

I just can't see what changed her so solid scum read on me to a town read in one page just after my explanation ...

Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:31 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 186, GuiltyLion wrote:And why would Davsto single out Postie for one line in all of her posts when the rest of it is very town-looking?
I don't like how you've worded this. All I said was
In post 178, Davsto wrote:Not a fan of this post
and yet you seem to act like I am scumreading Postie.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:34 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

If you're not scumreading her then why call out that post?
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:34 am

Post by lilith2013 »

Never said lilac was town, I said I think her wagon is not entirely town, but that doesn't preclude scumbuddies distancing themselves. However I did like her for the reasons outlined by TMWSTW. Her is iffy and I'd like some more clarification on that, and an explanation of how she came to her other townreads, because if it's only through eliminating her scumreads then that's a bad way of forming townreads and I can see that as coming from scum.

As for Wednesday and FA--I'm still trying to figure out FA, but I liked her and 188 and that has me slightly leaning town on her. Wednesday, as you've pointed out, seems incredibly confident that lilac is scum which is strange and gives me scummy vibes. She has yet to post since lilac's 176, which may change things though. Also she keeps saying "I expect you to read my mind" which I do not see as very towny but that could be an idiosyncrasy.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:35 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 190, GuiltyLion wrote:If you're not scumreading her then why call out that post?

Because... it's a post I didn't like that bugged me?

Like I don't know what you're expecting the answer to be
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:38 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

How can it bug you yet not say anything about Postie's alignment?
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:40 am

Post by Davsto »

I never said it didn't say anything about her alignment

But it means I'm more null than townreading her right now

Also it was a question to start discussion because discussion is good especially when the deadline is in 3 days and the game has less than 10 pages
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:48 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

Alright Davsto I see where you're coming from. Not sure how I feel about you putting lilac at L-1 while you have apparently a totally null read on Postie but I see the thought process.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:54 am

Post by lilith2013 »

It's only L-2, guys
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:56 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I'm trying to chew on but there's just so much waffle and not enough meat. I don't really have anything damning against lilith but there's just this weird vibe I get behind her posts where she's saying things but not really saying anything at all. I also want to think that if she's town she'd be getting frustrated with me being stuck on scumreading her, but I'm not getting that vibe either.

Oops yeah it is only L-2 but regardless Davsto thought it was L-1 when he did it.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:05 am

Post by lilith2013 »

I'm telling you my thought process. As of yet I don't have much in the way of reads; struggling to form reads is pretty normal for me. I am frustrated but what really can I do about it? If you have questions to ask me, ask away and I am more than happy to answer. Otherwise, I'm going to stay the course and continue asking my questions where I think they should be asked. If my genuine efforts to scumhunt don't convince you that I'm town, then I don't know that anything I do will be able to either.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:57 am

Post by Aeronaut »

I CAN SHOOOOW YOU THE WORLDDD