Newbie 1675: Resolution Mafia - GAME OVER!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:08 am

Post by fferyllt »

Kosc has requested replacement. Searching...
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
pignash
pignash
Goon
pignash
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:54 am

Post by pignash »

I'm town reading accountant, how is that not clear?
Completed MS games (10-6):

Town: Blitz 2(+), Blitz 6(+), Blitz 8(+), Newbie 1660(-), NY 191 (+), Blitz 23 (-), Blitz 26 (+)
Scum: NY 190(+), Mini 1729(+), Mini 1735(+), Newbie 1665 (+), Open 615 (-), Blitz 16(-), Newbie 1671 (+), Blitz 19 (-), Newbie 1675 (-)
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:43 am

Post by Radical Rat »

Pignash, looking at your profile you've played in 10+ games before this one. Why is your content so minimal, with all that experience? It feels like you ought to have picked up on more than "I agree/disagree with x"

( I haven't actually read these games though, so if this is normal for you, let me know and I'll give it a look. )
pignash
pignash
Goon
pignash
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:57 am

Post by pignash »

I'm pretty bad at day one across the board.
Completed MS games (10-6):

Town: Blitz 2(+), Blitz 6(+), Blitz 8(+), Newbie 1660(-), NY 191 (+), Blitz 23 (-), Blitz 26 (+)
Scum: NY 190(+), Mini 1729(+), Mini 1735(+), Newbie 1665 (+), Open 615 (-), Blitz 16(-), Newbie 1671 (+), Blitz 19 (-), Newbie 1675 (-)
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:48 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

UNVOTE:

I'm still not happy with a few responses, but I wonder if we're not communicating. IAAI's page 8 is way better.

@ lovely mod, I assume we're getting some extension?
KickAssAndGiggle
KickAssAndGiggle
Mafia Scum
KickAssAndGiggle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:59 pm

Post by KickAssAndGiggle »

Well, nothing has been added since my last post to change anything from my POV.

In absolute terms, there's still a while to the deadline, but...little is happening. Is it not customary to get two wagons rolling on a Day 1 where nobody has "conclusively" slipped?

Currently, votes are all over the place.

So, let me be direct:

Would most like to wagon

pignash

Would not wagon

Accountant
Radical Rat (I town leaned his predecessor and he hasn't hurt that lean)

Could possibly be persuaded to wagon

Anyone else
It's OK if you disagree with me. I can't
force
you to be right...
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:30 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Nictherat replaces Kosc. Please welcome him!

I will add 2 days to the countdown timer in my next vote count, which will be posted shortly.

Idic
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:09 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

Nictherat, eh? There's only room in this Town for One rat, if you ask me.

Seriously though, welcome to the game, I look forward to seeing your posts!
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:11 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

@KAAG

You say you don't want to wagon Accountant. I would.
I'm picking up Town vibes from you though, so... Change my mind. What about Accountant seems Town to you?
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:00 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Vote Count 1.6

pignash
(2): KickAssAndGiggle, Christopher
Bellaphant
(2): AlwaysInnocent, Drixx
Nictherat
(1): Accountant
Accountant
(1): Radical Rat
AlwaysInnocent
(1): pignash

Not Voting
(2): Nictherat, Bellaphant

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline: January 20, Midnight US Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2016-01-19 21:00:00)
Two days added

Mod Notes: [/b]
- :][/area]

Idic
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:29 pm

Post by Accountant »

RR
I disagree. If Town quickhammers a mislynch, they WILL be lynched the next day. Meaning we lose potentially 3 Town( NK included ) after only one properly used day.

Why in the name of Santa Claus' third polka dotted sock would a town member quickhammer someone who wasn't confirmed scum?

Yes, Town knows they're Town. But no one else does. It's nothing but filler, as random "I'm Town!" statements cannot be substantiated.

You're scumreading people for having filler/fluff in their posts? I'm not going to encourage people to add random shit to their posts, but I won't lynch them for it either.

I don't think it CAN'T be a scumtell. But the fact that two ICs are doing it, both on D1, tells me this is likely more of a meta thing than an alignment thing.

Two is a very very small sample size for you to be talking about meta.

And if the person who gets quickhammered ISN'T a VT?

PR for scum is still a worthy trade.

Yes. But this is a two-scum game. If the first scum is in fact pignash, it seems that their defense is to pretend not to worry about it. Who else would be there to oppose the lynch? The scumbuddy. And the first thing Drixx does after recovering from his illness is to fight the lynch by claiming that no one's fighting it.

Or the scumbuddy is going "well, maybe I don't want to be caught defending my own scumbuddy if pignash flips. maybe I'll lie low for awhile" and then he's delighted when Drixx opposes the wagon and whiteknights his own buddy. Scum are not obligated to defend their partners, and in fact many scum do not early game for fear of being associated with them.

AI
Why don't you tell us what your reads are? It is easy to criticize players that do give reads.

this post is town

RR

Someone makes a single point against someone, and you immediately jump on board.

That was my intention, yes. Wagons help push the game out of RVS(a point that pignash himself has agreed to) so it's only natural for me to be chomping at the bit for a wagon to push.

In your second point here, you're trying to get KAAG to assume Bellaphant is scum and then come up with reasoning. All that will do is provide a confirmation bias and muddy up a read.

Uh, no, I think that KAAG hasn't considered the possibility that Bellaphant might be scum, and I'm trying to show him that the same scenario could happen even if she is scum, so that's no reason to townread her. You are misinterpreting the goal of my post.

By continually saying it "won't happen" you create a situation where if it DOES happen... They just might escape. Especially since you've now mentioned you were talking about TOWN quickhammering when I see no reason for any Town to quickhammer without anything short of a counterclaim.

They will not escape, because I have promised to lynch them if they do. Explain to me what scenario you envision happening that could result in someone quickhammering and getting away with it.

--

We've blown half the day and I don't see town lynching nictherat right now. I'm unhappy with some of pignash's statements - specifically his not having a readslist despite direct requests to provide one and, way more damningly, the fact that he went "oh im townreading accountant" a few posts after AI said "scum hates providing townreads".

Also I'm not impressed with his activity and I've already stated earlier that I think he's being null about a ton of things. He's not my top choice for a lynch - that would be Kosc - but I'll vote him as a compromise lynch.

VOTE: pignash
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:05 pm

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

Pignash, aren't you going to reconsider your vote on me?
"You've been furthering the win condition of the Mafia even better than the Mafia." - Dierfire
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:02 pm

Post by Drixx »

I'm trying really hard not to give a biased town read to Accountant after #210.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
KickAssAndGiggle
KickAssAndGiggle
Mafia Scum
KickAssAndGiggle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:24 am

Post by KickAssAndGiggle »

In post 208, Radical Rat wrote:@KAAG

You say you don't want to wagon Accountant. I would.
I'm picking up Town vibes from you though, so... Change my mind. What about Accountant seems Town to you?

Simple answer: his ISO has a whiff of Town about it.

Uh, no, I think that KAAG hasn't considered the possibility that Bellaphant might be scum, and I'm trying to show him that the same scenario could happen even if she is scum, so that's no reason to townread her. You are misinterpreting the goal of my post.

This is exactly how I read the post in question too. I still consider the post by Bellaphant I was referring to more town than scum, but he was not making the claim you
(RR) said:

In your second point here, you're trying to get KAAG to assume Bellaphant is scum and then come up with reasoning. All that will do is provide a confirmation bias and muddy up a read.

My D1 reads are average at best. Would I die of shock if he was scum? No. But so far, him and your predecessor (and yourself) are my two town leans, and I don't think it would be wise of me to wagon either.

I've had a slight scum lean on Drixx for a while, but I'm favoring lynching pignash. It won't shock me if I'm wrong about him too, but even if he is clean, his contributions aren't helping town at all, even regarding clearing his slot.

However, I feel we should have two wagons rolling at this stage...is that not meta? (Serious question)
It's OK if you disagree with me. I can't
force
you to be right...
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:55 am

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

Bellaphant is the other wagon.
"You've been furthering the win condition of the Mafia even better than the Mafia." - Dierfire
Nictherat
Nictherat
Townie
Nictherat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:04 am

Post by Nictherat »

*insert obligatory "Hi I'm new" phrasing here*

So after reading through the thread, a few things are coming to mind. Be aware this may just be Noob stupidity talking, but hey, I'm open to suggestions.

1) KAAG seems to be raising a valid point. Two lynch trains going at once seems to be a decent idea (and also done on a few of the threads on here I was reading). Whate a lovely little segue into my next point.

2) In context, both pignash and Accountant seem to be providing good points, but in isolation, both of them seem a bit..off compared to everyone else. For this reason, I'm going to VOTE: Accountant and see if a second lynch train bears fruit in this discussion.

3) This may be a bit of a Noob question, but is it appropriate now to start thinking about what our TPR should try and do tonight?

That's all I have for now. Have I missed anything blatantly obvious I should have said or picked up on?
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:26 am

Post by Accountant »

I don't think Bellaphant would be a particularly fruitful wagon. Pignash is enmeshed in so much discussion that a flip from him would give us a ton of info, so I really want to see him flip(unless he comes back in the thread and suddenly becomes the king of obvtown, which is good for us anyways).
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Christopher
Christopher
Goon
Christopher
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:18 am

Post by Christopher »

In post 215, Nictherat wrote:*insert obligatory "Hi I'm new" phrasing here*

So after reading through the thread, a few things are coming to mind. Be aware this may just be Noob stupidity talking, but hey, I'm open to suggestions.

1) KAAG seems to be raising a valid point. Two lynch trains going at once seems to be a decent idea (and also done on a few of the threads on here I was reading). Whate a lovely little segue into my next point.

2) In context, both pignash and Accountant seem to be providing good points, but in isolation, both of them seem a bit..off compared to everyone else. For this reason, I'm going to VOTE: Accountant and see if a second lynch train bears fruit in this discussion.

3) This may be a bit of a Noob question, but is it appropriate now to start thinking about what our TPR should try and do tonight?

That's all I have for now. Have I missed anything blatantly obvious I should have said or picked up on?

Nic, how do you read Bellaphant? As AI noted a few minutes before your post and vote, Bellaphant is the other wagon. Since you have voted for Accountant, I assume you read him as more scummy than Bellaphant, but do you read Bellaphant as null, town, unsure?
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:21 am

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 215, Nictherat wrote:*insert obligatory "Hi I'm new" phrasing here*

Well, it'd be kind of hard to discuss the PR's action when we don't know what the PR is. I also think that would run the risk of exposing the PR, which should only happen in an emergency.
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:24 am

Post by Radical Rat »

Also, pignash has done literally nothing except echo reads and make frustratingly vague agree/disagree statements.

What are these good points you're seeing?
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:29 am

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

Radical Rat town.
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:33 am

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

In post 216, Accountant wrote:I don't think Bellaphant would be a particularly fruitful wagon. Pignash is enmeshed in so much discussion that a flip from him would give us a ton of info, so I really want to see him flip(unless he comes back in the thread and suddenly becomes the king of obvtown, which is good for us anyways).
I don't like information lynches at all. The problem with information lynches is that a town flip is
much less informative
than a scum flip. Information is something that you get anyway by lynching the most scummy player, but it should not be used to push a lynch.

It is also easy for scum to push for an information lynch. If asked why they lynched town, then they can say "information". Information about what? About who? About them? No, they will say. They were honest townies wanting some information, they will say. What's wrong with that? It is too convenient, that is what's wrong with it.
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:41 am

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

I am suspicious of Accountant, but I do know that
if
Pignash is scum, then Accountant is very likely town. But the problem is: we don't lynch because this would be useful information. If Pignash is town, then the information is much less useful.
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:52 am

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

Hey, Pignash. Input please. And stop giving excuses. "I'm bad on D1." We are all bad on D1. That doesn't mean that we shouldn't give it our best. How are we going to read players if they don't make an effort?

It seems like you want people to push you. You didn't remove your vote from me either, even though it was your predecessor that voted for me. Are you content with voteparking? Do you think that people wouldn't notice? If you are town, your reads would surely be different from your predecessor (voting for my predecessor!), but you seem to be happy voting for me even though you aren't explicitly scumreading me. Mind to explain what's going on? No excuses, please.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:30 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 220, AlwaysInnocent wrote:Radical Rat town.

Twice in one game? Really?

AND
the Amished tell a couple posts later?

*sigh*
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”