Jeanne11
Jeanne11
Mafia Scum
Jeanne11
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3650 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:14 am

Post by Jeanne11 »

But if we lynch him, then my ability and LH's ability become useless.
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3651 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:20 am

Post by RolePlay25 »

Go look at your win condition. Mine says all threats eliminated. Not mafia. Threats. Anything that threatens me at all. It's all scum I need to lynch. He's claiming non-town non-threat. Nope. Don't think so.

Cerberus: Jesus Christ you're assuming a lot. Starting with the idea that Dramonic made a guy flavored Doctor an actual Doctor. That's probably what EAP thought they'd get when they picked it. Then again, Itle lied about what he picked, so maybe EAP picked Hannibal Lector. We have no clue. Non-town lies to survive. Literal definition of Mafia.

PEdit: what.

Explain please Jeanne.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #3652 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:22 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 3645, Jeanne11 wrote:He can do anything, you say? Can he make you a doctor?

Dunno. Maybe? It seems possible? So does him dreaming a doctor visits someone. *shrug*
Jeanne11
Jeanne11
Mafia Scum
Jeanne11
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3653 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:26 am

Post by Jeanne11 »

If more than one mafia remains, even if I track one of them, the other member can send in the kill, thus useless.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3654 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:30 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 3624, Jeanne11 wrote:Why are you voting anyway when your vote doesn't count?

To make it more obvious who my preferred lynch is, so I don't have to answer silly questions
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3655 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:31 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 3624, Jeanne11 wrote:Why are you voting anyway when your vote doesn't count?

I still think there's a good chance he's Mafia

I mean

What else could he claim to being guiltied in the manner Cerb did it

Plus the fact that Learned Hand was just jumping to push a counterwagon to EAP
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3656 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:43 am

Post by RolePlay25 »

In post 3653, Jeanne11 wrote:If more than one mafia remains, even if I track one of them, the other member can send in the kill, thus useless.

Okay. First, how do you know he's not Mafia? Because he says so? So did Itle. So did TN.

Second, if you're such a threat to the scum, you're probably going to track them. Visiting you. And get a link to the dead thread. That is why they have the night kill.

We'd all love to be the hero of the town and win the game for town. But it doesn't happen. ErrantParabola shot scum and voted scum yesterday. They killed him. If you're the biggest threat they'll kill you. Their night powers are better than ours, our strength is numbers. Our strength is cooperation. We already know that the town numbers will not decrease from this. The only question is what flavor of scum dies.

Your track still has a 50/50 of hitting Mafia if he's not Mafia. Better if one of the Mafia is fake claiming a power. Trackers can out people who lie about their action, not just people doing night kill.

And if he is Mafia? Jackpot.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #3657 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:47 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Is there anything else that needs to be said today? I feel like we're not going to get much else done..:/
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #3658 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:48 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Oh, I guess thoughts on a mass claim, but that should probably happen tomorrow, rather than happening right before the night starts.
Learned Hand
Learned Hand
Goon
Learned Hand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3659 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:10 am

Post by Learned Hand »

Mass claim is bad. Like really fucking bad here. Tomorrow, let's do it.

If I am wrong in trusting EAP, lynching EAP is the best move for me personally. Either a) I will act as a universal doctor or b) Jeanne will track me to visiting her and get a result off.

So I either become confirmed fucking town or universal doctor heal. I am ok with that if EAP is group scum.

I just don't happen to think he is and Roleplay is.

This scenario makes me want to intend to hammer because believing I am wrong is the best thing for my own game. I just don't think I am.

*shrug* I just am not like extremely confident.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #3660 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:14 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 3659, Learned Hand wrote:Mass claim is bad. Like really fucking bad here. Tomorrow, let's do it.

If I am wrong in trusting EAP, lynching EAP is the best move for me personally. Either
a) I will act as a universal doctor
or b) Jeanne will track me to visiting her and get a result off.

So I either become confirmed fucking town or universal doctor heal. I am ok with that if EAP is group scum.

This scenario makes me want to intend to hammer because believing I am wrong is the best thing for my own game. I just don't think I am.

What? I know you're not making an outright claim of that, you're inferring some sequence of events will occur that will make you functionally that, right? Can you elaborate, because that does not follow.
Learned Hand
Learned Hand
Goon
Learned Hand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3661 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:21 am

Post by Learned Hand »

In post 3653, Jeanne11 wrote:If more than one mafia remains, even if I track one of them, the other member can send in the kill, thus useless.

This is absolutely wrong.

There are many things you can do with your role. I am going to mention them to you, but you should do more detailed planning in your hood with Cerb.

1) Get evidence of alignment by determining who someone visited (notice I say evidence not confirmation). Evidence can sometimes function as confirmation given context.

2) Use it to draw information from people. Cerb can discuss this in hood.

3) Test relationships between people. Again in the hood.

Don't think that you're useless because you can't see a purpose to your role. Take a step back. Try a new perspective. This is what I say when every town has a purpose and I generally hate policy lynches unless they stop me from playing the game.

Day by day, we get more information. You don't have to solve the game all at once. Sometimes it happens. Sometimes we have off games. Most are in the middle. :nod: Half of the game is getting town to see their purpose.

~Titus
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3662 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:23 am

Post by RolePlay25 »

In post 3659, Learned Hand wrote:Mass claim is bad. Like really fucking bad here. Tomorrow, let's do it.

If I am wrong in trusting EAP, lynching EAP is the best move for me personally. Either a) I will act as a universal doctor or b) Jeanne will track me to visiting her and get a result off.

I'll tell you what.

Tomorrow, I absolutely volunteer. Take the desperado off Firestarter. Shoot me. Please. Lets fucking end this. No plans, no WIFOM, no bullshit. Take it and shoot me in the face. You are so confident I am scum that you are willing to vote me over claimed non-town. If I die, congrats, I was scum and this was a gambit. If you die and are town, well, one of us has had a damn sight better reads this game, and it ain't you. If we both somehow survive, hell, lynch all three of us (yes, including Firestarter) until we figure out who the liar is.

I cannot believe you are sitting here telling me that you would rather vote me than claimed non-town and are SAYING YOU ARE NOT CONFIDENT.
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3663 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:23 am

Post by RolePlay25 »

Like.

This is like "please abort this crippling lynch on my scumbuddy, there's no light at the end of this tunnel"
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3664 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:24 am

Post by RolePlay25 »

"but he claimed not town in response to a cop guilty. It's even worse than claiming miller in response. How could he do that? It's the worst possible thing any human being could claim. It never results in living. Ever."
Learned Hand
Learned Hand
Goon
Learned Hand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3665 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:26 am

Post by Learned Hand »

In post 3660, Cerberus v666 wrote:

If I am wrong in trusting EAP, lynching EAP is the best move for me personally. Either
a) I will act as a universal doctor
or b) Jeanne will track me to visiting her and get a result off.

What? I know you're not making an outright claim of that, you're inferring some sequence of events will occur that will make you functionally that, right? Can you elaborate, because that does not follow.

If I am wrong and EAP is group scum...

We suppose 4 group scum.
EAP dead makes 3 group scum.

I will visit jeanne, forcing her track to go through. Her track on me will result in Lh visits Jeanne.
Scum must either nightkill jeanne, no kill anyone or face me being confirmed town.

If scum try to nightkill Jeanne, they run the high risk of doctor. Thus leading us into global heal territory.
Global heal territory. Yippie no one died.

If Jeanne gets a result and I visit Jeanne, then I am alibied and thus could not do the night kill.
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3666 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:27 am

Post by RolePlay25 »

You do realize when people call your thoughts moonlogic they're not using that phrase as a compliment, right?

They're saying your logic is just simply really really bad.

You me, desperado tomorrow. High noon.
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3667 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:29 am

Post by RolePlay25 »

And no, confirming an ability does not make you confirmed town. You know this for a fucking fact. You are not one of the newbies who thinks that a fruit vendor must be town because they can vend fruit, a neighborizor must be town because "why would scum have that?"

Selling the town on this moonlogic is your only hope.

You me, tomorrow. High noon.
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3668 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:32 am

Post by RolePlay25 »

Like I mean on top of everything else wrong with this plan, my Healthy ability suggests delayed kills out there.

There could easily be a time bomb ticking down on someone and we don't know it yet. Tomorrow the bomb goes boom, "oh look everything happened as I said, I'm CONFIRMED TOWN lets lynch Elbirn and Cerebus and RP and everyone else I've called scum, waaaaiittt they're all town, wait, that's fine, moonlogic, I guess I was wrong, they played like shit, they are just bad players, they are just bad players, too much noise in the thread."

High. Fucking. Noon.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #3669 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:38 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Got it Titus. Back to the assumption that EAP is actually scum, rather than 3p as he's claimed, kk.

In post 3667, RolePlay25 wrote:And no, confirming an ability does not make you confirmed town. You know this for a fucking fact. You are not one of the newbies who thinks that a fruit vendor must be town because they can vend fruit, a neighborizor must be town because "why would scum have that?"

Selling the town on this moonlogic is your only hope.

You me, tomorrow. High noon.

We both admit it is unlikely there are more than 4 members to the scum team, correct? Titus is saying that if she is tracked by jeanne, to jeanne, and a kill happens elsewhere, she is confirmed town, because there was no other scum to make the kill.

She has now reiterated this plan in view of everyone, making certain scum don't miss it, so they know they have to kill jeanne tonight if they want to prevent said confirmation.

This limiting of options results in two possible scenarios by the end of the night:

1) Scum kill Jeanne and say screw the risk of being stopped by a doctor or something.

2) Scum kill somewhere else, leaving LH confirmed as not-scum(because all we've confirmed is that they didn't actually perform the kill at that point).

That's what LH is talking about.
Learned Hand
Learned Hand
Goon
Learned Hand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3670 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:46 am

Post by Learned Hand »

@roleplay,

Supposing you're town for a moment. You're claiming communist miller. (Hilariously Unbalanced 2 reference). We're on Day 3. If there was a delayed kill by one night, we would have seen it.

You're throwing out "could haves" based on role PMs that have no verification in thread. That's the very definition of confbiased moonlogic.

If evidence of that delayed kill appears, then we can doubt my status as conftown, not before.

Now, try to look at this from my perspective.
I know I am town that enables Jeanne's ability.
I find a setup that confirms this to be true.
When the facts would otherwise confirm me as town, RP claims that there's a mysterious delayed killer that has zero support in thread.

So yeah, I think you're scum. I Am willing to desperado you if that's what the group wants. I just think it's foolish and stupid when we could give you the desperado to shoot me if there were doubts. We'd also get confirmation about this mysterious 3rd party killer.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #3671 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:49 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

We're on D2.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #3672 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:50 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Oh, shit. Actually, given that there is weak evidence of a delayed kill, we really should have everyone give out a reads list etc. before the end of the day. I hadn't considered that. Man. I'm gonna need to actually think. :-/
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3673 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:13 am

Post by dramonic »

Votecount 21: Sadfaces.

EAP (5): DiamondSentinel, Mass Flop, RolePlay25, Jeanne11, Davsto
RolePlay25 (2): EAP, Learned Hand
Mass Flop (1): 3dicerolling

Not voting: Cerberus v666, Elbirn, klingoncelt, zmuffinman, Firebringer, Shiro

8 to lynch, 11 day and 1 hours to deadline!
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #3674 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:18 am

Post by Elbirn »

Ugh okay I'm caught up

In post 3471, GreyICE wrote:
In post 3467, Cerberus v666 wrote:Oh my. RP. Dude. keep up.

Let's break this down, with what everyone has claimed.

Titus targeted Jeanne with a power that ensures her ability goes through, regardless of blocking etc.
Jeanne targeted Titus to track her.
Elbirn targeted Titus with a power that redirects her to him, and replaces her action with "draw something for Elbirn"(functionally a roleblock, unless there are certain flavors of things he can ask for a drawing of that actually accomplish something for him)

So, this is what happened.

Elbirns power was not messed with in any way, and resolved successfully, redirecting titus' actions to him.
Titus' action became "Draw whatever for Elbirn"
Jeanne was no longer targeted by anything, and her track was successful, and she tracked Titus to Elbirn.

Titus confirmed that her action became draw stuff for elbirn. The pair you're looking for here is a LH/Elbirn scum team, that makes this sequence of events possible without requiring that all three be lying.

Wait, so the role changes a player's action into a completely different action, and has them perform that action targeting Elbirn?

Elbirn, do you stop the role, or just redirect the target?

Ugh bleh okay here
1. I target someone
2. They are roleblocked.
3. They are redirected to me.
4. They receive flavor text confirming that I Roleblocked them, that they instead drew me a picture of a sheep
5. The sheep does nothing, it is just a picture of a sheep. In fact not even, it's just flavor. I don't magically have a sheep drawing in my possession, you just....drew a sheep instead of doing whatever you were going to do. I can't make you draw anything else. It's all flavor taken from a chapter of the book, Le petit prince.

In post 3530, DiamondSentinel wrote:Ahem

*Notions at self*

Maybe one of my potential powers will be a protective role.

Diamond if I'm not getting a girlfriend neither are you :P
But no srs talk you're not....really worth wasting a daydream on, we can make GUN. GUN is good. If we daydream you a waifu it might not even do anything, dramonic has proven himself a total bastard so far after all (ily dram)

So tldr stop suggesting this or I'll lynch you D:<

In post 3539, Edgar Allan Pro wrote:
In post 3536, Cerberus v666 wrote:It makes me sad that if we lynch you, and you flip 3p, we will never know if you actually told us the truth about zmuffin. :(

You can pretty much infer it from the game state. *shrugs*

If I flip scum though: kill that motherfucker.

Considering that you might flip scum. *circles with pencil* Nooooooo.

In post 3599, RolePlay25 wrote:Actually, I was going to go through their ISO and point out all the times they've insulted, mocked, and harassed me, to point out how supremely satisfying this is for me.

But then I found this:
In post 1591, Edgar Allan Pro wrote:For the love of fuck, someone cop me before they shoot me

And I just.

Can't.

Stop.

Laughing.

Pretty much this yeah

-------

So uh.
I'm sorry varsoon and varsoon's split personality, but uhm. I think you need to go bye bye today. :/ like you're tugging at my heart strings but you're not town and I'm pretty on board with killing not town. I don't even know if I buy you being a survivor, but either way you've claimed a different win con, we have reason to think 3p = bad, I've had you as scum for a while now, obvtown has a guilty on you.

I just
It's time. Intent to hammer yo.

Pedit: oh lol jk

VOTE: Edgar Allan Pro

THIS IS L-2. CAREFUL GAIZ

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”