Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3700 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:23 am

Post by Edgar Allan Pro »

In post 3686, Shiro wrote:EAP COME ON

You really think someone would hard bus all his partners and then suggest getting desperado shot ? Like for real?

I did this EXACT thing in Pathfinder Mafia, so yes.

RP's insufferable. I don't think I've had any synergy with my other head.
Don't ever listen to another word that he says.
Furthermore, zMuffin is town. This is really important.

Yeah, I probably misplayed this role (whatever), but you don't have to be a total chode about it.
Someone hammer me, end the day, I'm not scum, you're never gonna catch whoever is scum because you're all letting yourselves get played over worthless logic like "B-BUT THEN MY ROLE WOULDNT MAKE SENSE"
It is possible -- indeed it is far more than probable -- that he was innocent of all participation in the bloody transactions which took place. The Ourang-Outang may have escaped from him. He may have traced it to the chamber; but, under the agitating circumstances which ensued, he could never have recaptured it. It is still at large.
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3701 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:24 am

Please remove Roleplay from the game as soon as possible.
It is possible -- indeed it is far more than probable -- that he was innocent of all participation in the bloody transactions which took place. The Ourang-Outang may have escaped from him. He may have traced it to the chamber; but, under the agitating circumstances which ensued, he could never have recaptured it. It is still at large.
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3702 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:28 am

Post by Shiro »

That is not what I am doing here EAP.

The logic is based on the fact that lynching all your buddies then asking tyo be desperado shot is just plan stupid
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #3703 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:30 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

EAP: I have my eye on everyone. I, at least, haven't actually cleared anyone except KC. And, ya know, maybe zmuffin, depending on your flip.

LH: You said you wanted the hammer.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #3704 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:31 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Also, I'm really fucking sorry if you're exactly what you claimed to be. :(
3dicerolling
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3705 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:31 am

Post by 3dicerolling »

In post 3702, Shiro wrote:That is not what I am doing here EAP.

The logic is based on the fact that lynching all your buddies then asking tyo be desperado shot is just plan stupid

EAP was proposing multiball, or did you read at all?
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3706 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:32 am

Post by Shiro »

Guys this is paranoia but please nobody vote untill dramonic posts a vca.

Like ok this is pure paranoia here but it is good to double check davstos claim
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3707 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:33 am

I'm not really going to say anything else.
Yeah, I played like shit this game.
Earnest and honest, I was hoping my hydra partner would handle more of the flak and that our claim would let us coast out while we sorted out who scum was.
I probably deserve to lose, but it really annoys me that I lose to garbage play. Guess that makes me a garbage player. Eh.
In the end, I couldn't do GEIST any justice, 'cus that dude is MOST DANGEROUS.
The mod will probably botch my flip so it won't make any sense at all, so here goes the full truth:
I am third party.
I have an aspect to my role I can not discuss.
I am in the Anime Alliance/whatever it's called--it's a night chat neighborhood with other Anime characters.
I rolecop the first player who targets me.
I am bulletproof until I have rolecopped that player.
Once that player has been rolecopped, I compulsively bodyguard them.
I was hoping to use this to either protect a strong town role (cop would be nice), or at least trade off for scum.
zMuffin confirmed himself as town to me, which was good, because he is a townbeard.

And that's it.

If anyone has questions, lob them my way, but my reads are trash and Roleplay has frustrated me pretty harshly. I hope he apologizes postgame and we can all be friends or some shit.
Regardless, you guys should really lynch him. He's pulling all the cards in a full-on bus strat because his team started going down early. Don't trust what he says. He's really good at fraying the facts, which is annoying. I never had a cop guilty on me and I never claimed scum, but he's insisted both are true.

Cerb, don't assume your action wasn't blocked, don't rely on your roles so hard. How you handled your result put me out of the game, which is a real fucking shame. Next time I claim third party, I dunno, you should still lynch me, because playing third party is garbage. It's the worst thing someone could be in Mafia.

Anyway, you guys were fun when I was able to be around. Sorry for being so lousy. Also, you should probably lynch Learned Hand. That dude's sus as fug.
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3708 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:35 am

I will argue that I played my role correctly, because it's a role that wins with town and because it gets the highest utility early in the game.

I think the only way to play my role better would be to try to draw a nightkill and then lynch out my would-be killer with a claimed cop-guilty, but I've tried to draw nightkills in the past and it has never worked for me.

I really am waiting for Roleplay to come over here and lay a big turd down my throat, because that guy is unpleasant and can't even let a dying man have peace.
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3709 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:36 am

Also, if you like over-the-top anime, do check out MD GEIST. It's only 40 minutes long and it's fantastic.
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3710 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:38 am

In post 3704, Cerberus v666 wrote:Also, I'm really fucking sorry if you're exactly what you claimed to be. :(

Hey man, it's okay.
You did what you had to do.
I'm not going to hold a grudge over it, you weren't a total bag of dicks when it came to pushing me.
You laid out the facts of your role and your result and then other people contorted those facts into a garbage wagon on a garbage player.
I get mislynched. That's what happens to me. That's what I deserve.
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3711 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:38 am

Post by Shiro »

In post 3513, Edgar Allan Pro wrote:Let me lay something down for you, rp:

If I were *just* a survivor and I have the mechanics I described, how would I use them?

If it looked like town was going to win:
I would out scum if they target me (like with a night kill) and confirm town if they target me.

If it looked like scum was going to win:
I would hide scum's identity if they targeted me (like with a night kill) and do something wacky if town targeted me.

Now, who do you think is gonna win this match?

In post 3681, Edgar Allan Pro wrote:Oh, I don't win with scum.
I can only win if I am alive at endgame and town wins.
So I'm like the shittiest survivor.

gdi things like this do not help.

Above you claim you can win with scum

then you say you can only win with endgaming with town :/
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3712 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:40 am

I never claimed I win with scum. That's a hypothetical, yo.
I am not 'just' a survivor.
My other head was trying to work around what RP thinks good survivor play is.
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3713 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:41 am

Basically, RP has to push the angle that I am scum, because if he assumes I am a survivor, then it makes no sense for me to side with scum when they were reduced by 2 members early.
Does that make sense?
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #3714 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:42 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

EAP: I have very good reason to assume my action wasn't blocked. Trust me when I say there is no chance my action didn't succeed on you. What I don't know is if you were blocked, but I don't see why scum would block you, without taking the chance to kill zmuffin, and I don't see why town would tell me if they had blocked you since I made it clear that if I had been blocked, my claim of a non-town result on you was meaningless.

I think you should have claimed privately and explicitly to those of us in the alliance, actually. The fake claim you gave to the whole game. And then we could have targeted you, and you'd have created a one way masonry(depending on how we targeted you) where two members are bulletproof, with a possible spy who could be removed. Then, after removing or testing the possible spy, you and jeanne/myself, whichever targeted you, could do some work to draw NK's and such.

Alas, it wasn't to be. :P
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3715 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:44 am

Well, I didn't know your role even existed when I was going about my initial target-baiting.
Otherwise, yeah, your plan would've been great.
Too bad I'm a shit! :D
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3716 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:48 am

FUTURE'S SO BRIGHT I GOTTA WEAR SHADES
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #3717 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:50 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 3715, Edgar Allan Pro wrote:Well, I didn't know your role even existed when I was going about my initial target-baiting.
Otherwise, yeah, your plan would've been great.
Too bad I'm a shit! :D

Oh, I mean, it didn't matter what we targeted yo uwith. You know your role would hvae copped us, so the one way masonry would have been you knowing whichever one of us targetd you was town. :P So, all you needed was, in a role madness game, a non killing ability in the hood. ^^

That's the reason why I asked you about that last night, seeing you tell everyone to target you made me sad.
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3718 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:53 am

Ah, true, true.
I guess I didn't think this game would have that many targeting roles/it did not occur to me.
Well, that's how it goes.
I would've been lynched as a liability to town anyway, so it doesn't matter.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #3719 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:20 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 3690, Learned Hand wrote:Elbrin's last post convinced me I am wrong about EAP being survivor. He wouldn't ask for cop check if said cop check would not come back town or scum more likely than not. That makes a whopping zero sense. EAP is more likely that not scum.

UNVOTE: RP[/vote]

I am willing to hammer in case of supersaint shenanigans. Or not. Whatever.

Except like
RP said that first and I was quoting him?

Fucking
Give him credit and stop having tunnel vision Jesus titus
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3720 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:25 am

Not Varsoon here.

I guess I apologize for playing badly too? I was busy, man. -w-
I was busy scoring dat tang. Check my ISO. it is true.
I would have notified the mod that I would be LLC or whatever the fuck but I thought I had a partner head too. I got a lot of shit on my plate; that is why I am only playing one hydra game right now and nothing else.

Unlike my partner: I am going to be an ungracious shit. Fuck RP, man. Even if that guy is town (which I earnestly doubt), he is shooting himself in the foot and making a shit ton of spurious arguments and the rest of you are either eating it up or have your own reasons for voting me that you have not well vocalized. I get why I gotta soonish, though. In a game of uncertainty, people find it hard to overcome any signal that comes out (which is why it is fucking stupid to argue that it is weird that my 3rd party status is only being revealed now). It is unlucky that I got copped the way I did, for me and town.
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3721 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:33 am

In post 3690, Learned Hand wrote:Elbrin's last post convinced me I am wrong about EAP being survivor. He wouldn't ask for cop check if said cop check would not come back town or scum more likely than not. That makes a whopping zero sense. EAP is more likely that not scum.

UNVOTE: RP[/vote]

I am willing to hammer in case of supersaint shenanigans. Or not. Whatever.

I asked for the cop so I could protect the cop. It would have also resulted in my covering up a lie (that both me and the actor got information about each other).
Also, a cop would probably return me as a third party rather than as scum. At that point, I would claim the double bullet proof role, town would realize that I am useful and keep me around. Without going into detail: we really do only win with town. There is some important bits missing from that but it is fucking true.

As a quick note, I want you guys to think about that lie that I alluded to:
It was meant to draw either scum night kills (since I was BP at the time) or town day/night actions (since it would result in their protection).

I dunno what to even tell you guys. I think the role as Varsoon described it just now is well reflected in my play.
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3722 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:35 am

Then again at end of the day, I guess I am just a merciless soldier...

Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3723 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:40 am

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait one fucking minute. Are we not going to use the dreamer power today? Am I missing something?
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3724 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:42 am

Like: if motherfuckers are so sure I am scum then you should at least want to vig kill me so town would get two kills to to scum's one. What is going on with that?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”