Newbie 1677 (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:17 am

Post by Ruku »

So we've put him at L-1 and asked him to claim when he hasn't posted even a defense? I'm almost certain theirs scum accelerating this lynch. He's barely even posted?! I'm fine with adding pressure but I'm not ready to lynch anyone yet.

I'd imagine several people, myself included - voted him to add pressure not necessarily that they wan't him lynched at this point. We still have lots of time left.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:23 pm

Post by mykonian »

But that's not how pressure works :( The votes have to be real, otherwise there's no pressure.

In two weeks time, I might want to lynch someone else. Right now, hawk would do fine.

I get that you have cold feet about pulling the trigger or anything, but if you want more information before a lynch, you have to keep things real. It won't do to agree with the wagon but not with the lynch, or votes which don't mean anything anymore as soon as the wagon actually gains steam. Because who's under pressure then, hawk, or you? And if this is a lynch, do we then have to go through the motions tomorrow where half the wagon didn't actually want the lynch in case he flips town?

You put yourself in such a horrible position if you hollow your own vote out to the point where it no longer describes an intention to lynch as soon it's looking like a lynch might happen.

And I'm sure we'll see this argument pop up more often: yes, there is time. Doesn't mean you should
wait
. It's a reason to
keep going
. What you are doing now, ruku, is waiting. You've unvoted because you didn't want the lynch now, and nothing else happened from your side. You are just waiting for something to happen. That's no discussion, that's not playing the game. What stops you from investigating?
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Lia
Lia
Goon
Lia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:24 pm

Post by Lia »

In post 175, Ruku wrote:So we've put him at L-1 and asked him to claim when he hasn't posted even a defense? I'm almost certain theirs scum accelerating this lynch. He's barely even posted?! I'm fine with adding pressure but I'm not ready to lynch anyone yet.

I'd imagine several people, myself included - voted him to add pressure not necessarily that they wan't him lynched at this point. We still have lots of time left.

He posted a defence in which you don't appear to have responded to. Was there anything else you wanted from him?
hawkleader3
hawkleader3
Goon
hawkleader3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:37 pm

Post by hawkleader3 »

My claim is
vanilla townie
, a claim that should've been expected since I said in one of my posts that I wasn't a power role. Or the way I made it come off. I'm also not scum, so this is my claim. I didn't get to talk much in this game due to the busy schedule, but my defense is that people are voting me for role-fishing for tojam2 early into a game which I claimed was because I didn't know or think about people retracting their votes. The lurking was RL getting in the way. Someone voted me because "Idk" which is fine because it's D-1 and someone has to get lynched. I hope you guys find scum in your endeavors and I guess I'll end with who I think is scum. Mochaman and tojam are scum and they easily flipped you guys into believing that asking for a claim too early is scummy in every way and mocha turned me into easy lynch bait whole tojam waited until the wagon was at L-2 before he jumped on. Perfect timing.
MochaMan
MochaMan
Goon
MochaMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:23 pm

Post by MochaMan »

The OMGUS is so real. How did I turn you into 'easy lynch bait'?
MochaMan
MochaMan
Goon
MochaMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:26 pm

Post by MochaMan »

I'd also like to point out that tojam didn't put you at L-1
hawkleader3
hawkleader3
Goon
hawkleader3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:45 pm

Post by hawkleader3 »

Moachamian, if I flip scum, who's my partner?
MochaMan
MochaMan
Goon
MochaMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:00 pm

Post by MochaMan »

No idea. But is that relevant right now?
MochaMan
MochaMan
Goon
MochaMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:03 pm

Post by MochaMan »

In post 83, MochaMan wrote:
In post 82, MochaMan wrote:IMO thinking about scumteams when it isn't MYLO
or there isn't a confirmed mafia yet
is pretty useless, especially when it's day 1 and not everyone has joined yet.

EBWOP
hawkleader3
hawkleader3
Goon
hawkleader3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:56 pm

Post by hawkleader3 »

Well I just figured you thought I was confirmed Mafia. It would be the next logical step
MochaMan
MochaMan
Goon
MochaMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:27 am

Post by MochaMan »

In post 179, MochaMan wrote: How did I turn you into 'easy lynch bait'?
tojam2
tojam2
Goon
tojam2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:37 am

Post by tojam2 »

I did put him at L-1, but Ruku then unvoted to make it L-2 (fishy)???

@hawkleader3: Oh, I get what a claim is now, I didn't know what one was before (look at me, it's my 3rd game and I didn't even know what it meant), I didn't force you to claim, I had 2 people I trusted on you, so I voted, and (here's my claim seen as you'll all vote for me if hawk turns out as scum) if I had an accomplice, I wouldn't have voted so soon, I have no power-role (tbh, it's a hard life if you have one) so I'm
Vanilla Townie
tojam2
tojam2
Goon
tojam2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:38 am

Post by tojam2 »

I've figured out other scum if hawk is scum. It's Ruku, anyone who pulls out at L-1 is obviously scum if the lynchee is.
jachawk
jachawk
Townie
jachawk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:00 am

Post by jachawk »

In post 186, tojam2 wrote:
@hawkleader3: Oh, I get what a claim is now, I didn't know what one was before (look at me, it's my 3rd game and I didn't even know what it meant), I didn't force you to claim, I had 2 people I trusted on you, so I voted, and (here's my claim seen as you'll all vote for me if hawk turns out as scum) if I had an accomplice, I wouldn't have voted so soon, I have no power-role (tbh, it's a hard life if you have one) so I'm
Vanilla Townie

@tojam2 : what are you trying to do, why would you make a claim at this stage?
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:10 am

Post by mykonian »

I have no clue.

Hawk's claim looks fine to me, and I"m not comfortable letting PC get away with his play.

vote PC
PhantomCobalt
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:30 am

Post by PhantomCobalt »

In post 189, mykonian wrote:I have no clue.

Hawk's claim looks fine to me, and I"m not comfortable letting PC get away with his play.

vote PC

ok b
Zaicon
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:32 am

Post by Zaicon »

Vote Count 1.6

hawkleader3 (4):
MochaMan, Natsu, tojam2, PhantomCobalt
tojam2 (2):
hawkleader3, jachawk
PhantomCobalt (1):
mykonian

No Vote (2):
Lia, Ruku

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch!

Deadline is Thursday, January 21, at 8:00 AM CST, which is in (expired on 2016-01-21 08:00:00).
hawkleader3
hawkleader3
Goon
hawkleader3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:10 am

Post by hawkleader3 »

In post 155, tojam2 wrote:Time for a seriously considered vote based on everyone's evidence, the 2 of the 3 players I trust (and if I vote wrong and I'm scum that means only 1 of them is scum) have voted hawkleader so...

Vote:hawkleader3

In post 156, mykonian wrote:hmm, I dig this wagon, and I think you are at L-1. It's time for a claim, hawk.

Proof that tojam's vote put me at L-1
MochaMan
MochaMan
Goon
MochaMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:39 am

Post by MochaMan »

UNVOTE: I don't even know what's happening in this game anymore.
Natsu
Natsu
Goon
Natsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:12 am

Post by Natsu »

While I'm not sure if Hawk is scum, I do think I have seen enough to know he might not be the best D1 lynch. After analyzing PC some more, I think he might be a better lynch target.

UNVOTE:

I want to keep Mykonian around for one day, I just have a feeling. But PC seems really suspect. He has been fairly aggressive towards mochaman, and hasn't really responded to other people questioning him. For instance, I asked him what he meant about mocha crossing the line and he ignored it. I also get the feeling that he is trying to butter me up. Literally every post is a one-liner, but that may be his playstyle. I'm going to try and find time for reading another game of his. I also find it kind of weird that he seems so sure about mochaman but then jumps on the hawkleader wagon opportunistically.

~Intent to cast vote on phantomcobalt
PhantomCobalt
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:16 am

Post by PhantomCobalt »

Why aren't you voting me r u dank bro

lunch for dinner b o I s
Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:11 am

Post by Ruku »

Sorry I've missed out on a lot here, I've been ill the past few days and have been trying to sleep it off.hopefully the worst of it is over and I'll be able to follow up tomorrow
PhantomCobalt
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:24 am

Post by PhantomCobalt »

In post 193, MochaMan wrote:UNVOTE: I don't even know what's happening in this game anymore.

It is kind of simple, you and your scumbuddy are mafia. Everyone else is town. Now you know the alignment of every player in the game!
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:29 am

Post by mykonian »

he's got a point there, you know.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:14 am

Post by mykonian »

Given that I'm IC I should probably expand on that post. That post by mochaman is very scummy, although the tell as I learned it was mostly effective in face to face/chat mafia. The town takes a turn or is a bit unpredictable and the scum loses track of where the game is going, but do feel the need to show that they are active. In face to face/chat it's easier to see when someone needs time to think the possibilities/threats through (which is more a thing for scum) so they get in the awkward position where they feel the need to post soon to not seem to be lurking, and otoh don't really want to say something stupid.

And that's the issue with that post really. Town wouldn't mind saying something stupid, because how stupid could it be to have a scumread on someone and say that people should be voting that. Given that Mochaman otherwise here hasn't struck me as the intimidated newbie, which could be another reason someone makes a post like that, I think that's a decent reason to put mocha on ones scumlist.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”