Newbie 1675: Resolution Mafia - GAME OVER!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:32 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 397, AlwaysInnocent wrote:Oh, you Drixx.

You don't get to say this to me after Newbie 1666, especially in light of what I am going to bold in the next quote from you:

In post 376, AlwaysInnocent wrote:
In post 375, Radical Rat wrote:I really don't like the "Don't disappoint me with VT" post.

Felt like baiting a fakeclaim to me...
In a way, yes. If Nictherat is scum, then he might have fallen for it and claimed something ridiculous, that could easily be countered.

Idk though, I still think AI is being too bold to be scum. Unless.... That's his sneaky scumstrat? But that gets WIFOMY really quickly.
Well, my first game on this site was a scum game. I was quite cautious as scum, partly because it is the nature of being scum and partly because it was my first game.
In my town games, I quickly got bolder. This will probably require me to play a bold game in my scum games too. Not looking forward to it, but yes, I will probably have to do that, or I would have an easy meta on me.

That statement right there shows you are fully self aware of your meta and know that as scum you have to play bold. You're seriously tripping the shit out of my paranoia right now.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:36 am

Post by fferyllt »

Bellaphant has been prodded.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:45 am

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

And here I thought that being completely honest would give me town creds.
"You've been furthering the win condition of the Mafia even better than the Mafia." - Dierfire
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:08 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 402, AlwaysInnocent wrote:And here I thought that being completely honest would give me town creds.

One of the strongest tools in the scum toolbox is telling the truth. You can easily point out that you have to be aggressive as scum because you have been aggressive as town, and it can be true and you can be doing exactly that right in this game.
Hiding in Plain Sight
is what I call that (HiPS).
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:17 am

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

How likely is it that I am scum if Nictherat flips scum?
"You've been furthering the win condition of the Mafia even better than the Mafia." - Dierfire
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:25 am

Post by fferyllt »

Vote Count 1.12

Nictherat
(4): Accountant, pignash, Radical Rat, Drixx
pignash
(2): Christopher, KickAssAndGiggle
AlwaysInnocent
(1): Nictherat

Not Voting
(2): Bellaphant, AlwaysInnocent

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline: January 20, Midnight US Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2016-01-19 21:00:00)

Mod Notes:

- :]

Idic
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:44 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 402, AlwaysInnocent wrote:And here I thought that being completely honest would give me town creds.

I can't imagine you busing your partner day one. That's a little TOO ballsy, imo. What looked like coaching earlier makes no sense with day talk in play. I would probably view you as probtown and leave the paranoia for if the game goes into M/LYLO. Can't speak for anyone else though. Some of your posts don't seem to have much town motivation.
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:58 am

Post by Radical Rat »

Well. SOMETHING has to get done.

Nic, PLEASE post something significant soon. Be that in your defense or simply a final reads list, we need more to go on.
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:29 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 400, Drixx wrote:

You don't get to say this to me after Newbie 1666, especially in light of what I am going to bold in the next quote from you:

In post 375, Radical Rat wrote:I really don't like the "Don't disappoint me with VT" post.

In a way, yes. If Nictherat is scum, then he might have fallen for it and claimed something ridiculous, that could easily be countered.

Idk though, I still think AI is being too bold to be scum. Unless.... That's his sneaky scumstrat? But that gets WIFOMY really quickly.
Well, my first game on this site was a scum game. I was quite cautious as scum, partly because it is the nature of being scum and partly because it was my first game.
In my town games, I quickly got bolder. This will probably require me to play a bold game in my scum games too. Not looking forward to it, but yes, I will probably have to do that, or I would have an easy meta on me.

That statement right there shows you are fully self aware of your meta and know that as scum you have to play bold. You're seriously tripping the shit out of my paranoia right now.

Why would he say this though if he were scum? That sounds like the sort of thing scum says AFTER the game to me.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:39 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 408, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 400, Drixx wrote:

Why would he say this though if he were scum? That sounds like the sort of thing scum says AFTER the game to me.

If you ever find yourself saying anything like "Scum would/wouldn't do..." make a habit of stopping yourself. There's literally nothing scum won't try. I've been playing forum mafia for about a decade, and live mafia for decades. I could tell you about a time once where I won a live mafia game as the Godfather by killing my mob boss and confusing everyone left enough that I went from being widely suspected to the only person people were
sure
was town. The stuff I've seen scum pull in forum mafia is over the top absurd. If you want an example, check out the "White Flag Gambit" on the wiki.

Mafia is a deeply psychological game, mate. AI worked me good the first time we played. There's a reason I'm paranoid of him.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:39 pm

Post by Drixx »

@mod: Can we get an extension if Bellaphant doesn't pick up the prod?
pignash
pignash
Goon
pignash
Goon
Goon

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:01 pm

Post by pignash »

I hate day 1. I like it as a concept but I am bad at it and a lot of these newbies seem to stall at this point. Starting to understand why Ika hammers any L-1. Haha.
Completed MS games (10-6):

Town: Blitz 2(+), Blitz 6(+), Blitz 8(+), Newbie 1660(-), NY 191 (+), Blitz 23 (-), Blitz 26 (+)
Scum: NY 190(+), Mini 1729(+), Mini 1735(+), Newbie 1665 (+), Open 615 (-), Blitz 16(-), Newbie 1671 (+), Blitz 19 (-), Newbie 1675 (-)
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:03 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 411, pignash wrote:I hate day 1. I like it as a concept but I am bad at it and a lot of these newbies seem to stall at this point. Starting to understand why Ika hammers any L-1. Haha.

As a more experienced player, it would help for you to set an example by being more engaged and encouraging the newer players to play.

I find that players frequently have a huge shock when they go to one of the large game queues and the games can go 200+ posts a day in pace.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:31 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 410, Drixx wrote:
@mod: Can we get an extension if Bellaphant doesn't pick up the prod?

If a replacement is necessary, I'll add some time to the clock.

Idic
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:09 pm

Post by Accountant »

Nic isn't defending, so hammer him if he's not gonna cooperate.

The only thing I'm sure(>90%) of right now is that if nic is scum then AI is town
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:09 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 403, Drixx wrote:

One of the strongest tools in the scum toolbox is telling the truth. You can easily point out that you have to be aggressive as scum because you have been aggressive as town, and it can be true and you can be doing exactly that right in this game.
Hiding in Plain Sight

How do you know hes telling the truth scummily and not townily

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:32 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 415, Accountant wrote:
In post 403, Drixx wrote:

Hiding in Plain Sight

How do you know hes telling the truth scummily and not townily

I don't. That's why I'm noting my paranoia and pointing out what
might
be happening, instead of pushing a day one wagon on him. I would probably prefer an AI lynch today but, as I said before, my vote there would just result in three people at 2 votes with two days left.

I'm growing more and more okay with Nictherat though as he's gone silent. I've seen a LOT of scum players use that approach to being very close to lynch... they go dark and wait for the town to get frustrated and move elsewhere.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:39 pm

Post by Accountant »

I think that your paranoia is leading you to tunnel and preventing you from seeing the bigger picture

KickAssAndGiggle
KickAssAndGiggle
Mafia Scum
KickAssAndGiggle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:26 pm

Post by KickAssAndGiggle »

I changed my vote away from Nictherat to pignash for one reason, and that is quite simply: "Vote for who you think is most scummy".

I am bemused at Accountant saying:

This game makes no sense to me.

> get a suspicious person at L-1 with intent to hammer
> person claims VT
> everyone unvotes

I really don't like KAAG just for that unvote.

Because I went into great depth as to my reasons, and that simply does not reflect them.

It is plain I won't get a lynch on pignash. I see AI has stated an intent to hammer on Nictherat.

If AI has not hammered Nictherat by 17:00 GMT, I will hammer him. That's just under 8 hours.

(It's a pity about Bellaphant but is there really anything she/a replacement could now post to change things? Doubtful.)
It's OK if you disagree with me. I can't
force
you to be right...
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:18 pm

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

In post 411, pignash wrote:I hate day 1. I like it as a concept but I am bad at it and a lot of these newbies seem to stall at this point. Starting to understand why Ika hammers any L-1. Haha.
Which leads to a lot of unnecessary mislynches, yes. Basically it means you are succumbing to your own impatience.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:22 am

Post by Accountant »

If AI has not hammered Nictherat by 17:00 GMT, I will hammer him. That's just under 8 hours.

This is ok to me

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:26 am

Post by Accountant »

You put that you are thinking pignash is more suspicious than Nic for asking for claims and not stating L-1. But asking for a claim is done all the time on Day 1, in newbie games and elsewhere. Besides, asking for a claim sort of implies L-1 anyway.

Nic is more full of shit than pig, so in my eyes Nic is the better target.

KickAssAndGiggle
KickAssAndGiggle
Mafia Scum
KickAssAndGiggle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:40 am

Maybe asking for a claim is on D1 does happen "all the time", but with this Matrix6 setup, it's anti-town. I imagine there are setups that exist where it wouldn't be, but that hardly applies here.

And with the number of games pignash has in his signature, he ought to know it's anti-town.
force
you to be right...
KickAssAndGiggle
KickAssAndGiggle
Mafia Scum
KickAssAndGiggle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:44 am

EBWOP: damn my choosing to rephrase myself:

Maybe asking for a claim
is
on D1 does happen "all the time"
force
you to be right...
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:08 am

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

In post 418, KickAssAndGiggle wrote:
Bussing his partner after all?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”