MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3025 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:00 am

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

I don't THINK they're scum together but I'm not going to base my reads around that just yet, there hasn't been enough time. A possible scenario could be ABR thinking he has to acknowledge Klingon's scumminess, because a lot of people seem to share the read, but would rather push the Skybird or my own wagon and would rather not take Klingon through to the end.
But that's just a possibility to explain it, I'm not sure if it actually is.

I'll ISO DGB properly later, particularly around her ZZZX scumread. It would be great if she spoke to me directly about it, though.

I know Titus' reads, but what are mollie's scumreads besides ZZZX?

PEDIT: I checked through all the votecounts, and ABR's actually been voting Klingon for longer than I thought. So, maybe they aren't on the same team, but in a game this large I'm not gonna take that to mean they can't both be scum. And, Klingon was the one who suggested multiball first, I think. Anyways, the point is I'm still focusing on my individual reads rather than putting too much credence into player ties yet. It doesn't feel like it, at all, but it's still D1.

I want Flum to respond to my answer when he gets back online today. He's been making good comments in general lately but I want to see how he follows up. Not just on mine, but the ones directed at others too.

PEDITx2: ZZZX, I remember you saying you weren't scumread DGB,
until
now. So that recent action is the reason for your read change, right?
And Titus, I understand that, two different players taking different approaches and coming up with the same scumread lends credence to the read. It makes sense. Can we talk about itlepip, though? I'm mostly on board with that, but their objection to DS suddenly switching to Skybird after scumreading them for a while read as towny to me, as it seems an unlikely thing for scum to do. But what do you think about that comment?

Yosarian: DGB's play hasn't really impressed me, and yeah, I think ZZZX wanting to engage and trying to understand her is more towny than DGB scumreading him for the whole game, but barely mentioning ZZZX beyond those early game reads posts.
I'll take another look at DGB, I already said that. The fact that you're thinking there's only one way to read that situation is weird, actually. I don't know DGB, I've never played with her, why is it suspicious that I find her blunt refusal to engage scummy? You really can't imagine a scenario where I'd find that weird? That's what's weird.
(i appreciate the pronouns dawg)
One man's trash talk is another man's treasure talk.
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3026 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:03 am

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

By 'barely mentioning ZZZX', I should clarify I mean simply restating the scumread without any indication about why it hasn't changed, and not actually talking to or talking about ZZZX beyond that.
Drunken Pirates
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3027 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:04 am

Post by Drunken Pirates »

In post 3003, MaxwellPuckett wrote:
In post 2993, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 2992, Drunken Pirates wrote:Even if you think each other are scum, engaging scum on their reads can tell you the beats scum want to push.

I don't discuss with scum.

This is objectively bad. ZZZX'S vote was justified imo.

Titus: even with that meta, this just sounds like DGB is flat out refusing to engagr with ZZZX. That's just avoiding information.

no

its not. I told zzthing 20 trillion times to stop talking to scum!metal so he knows that is not a scumtell. scum want to be engaged with so they can try to talk their way out of it or get town to defend them. I don't talk to my scumreads either unless they are attacking me.
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3028 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:13 am

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

I don't really agree. Maybe it's not 'objectively bad' then but I still don't like it.
I mean, if a town player gets scumread then they would have a hard time sorting the person scumreading them. They'd basically be forced to argue. I don't often see 'you're wrong about me, but I won't fight you on it' coming from anyone but scum.
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3029 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:14 am

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

Arguing about why a town player is wrong on a read is one thing, but you say you'll only talk to them if they're attacking you.. that.. doesn't seem like it's going to get you anywhere good if both of you end up being town.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #3030 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:16 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 3026, MaxwellPuckett wrote:By 'barely mentioning ZZZX', I should clarify I mean simply restating the scumread without any indication about why it hasn't changed, and not actually talking to or talking about ZZZX beyond that.

ZXXX was scummy earlier in the game then did nothing for 2000 posts. I think it's totally reasonable for DGB to keep scumreading him without commenting on it much, because what was there to say?

Zzzx's whole "fight me DGB" thing was absurd, in that context, and I don't think DGB "fighting him" the way he wants would accomplish anything.

If ZZZX wants to lok more town, he needs to develop some reads based on something that happened more recently then 2000 posts ago.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3031 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:21 am

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

I'm not townreading ZZZX, as I said earlier. I just didn't like DGB's recent posts. ZZZX was making a lot of posts that were half jokes, and yeah they weren't great, but whatever, that's not what I was focusing on. Look at the original context for DGB's statement.
Titu says 'engaging scum can be useful for reasons', and DGB responds with 'I don't engage with scum'. Like.. what do you have to lose?
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3032 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:22 am

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

ZZZX's 'fight me' was really obviously a joke, and I think you might be taking it too literally. It was just a dumb way of saying 'i don't agree with you, let's argue about it.'
Lowkey
Lowkey
Goon
Lowkey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3033 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:07 am

Post by Lowkey »

I'm starting to really come around on Max scum but it's a wagon for another day. Yos is entirely right regarding ZZ. I think DGB actually looked somewhat town there by not trolling him.

Hey, people not voting Klingon. Why?
Lowell/Hinduragi
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #3034 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:29 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 3031, MaxwellPuckett wrote:I'm not townreading ZZZX, as I said earlier. I just didn't like DGB's recent posts. ZZZX was making a lot of posts that were half jokes, and yeah they weren't great, but whatever, that's not what I was focusing on. Look at the original context for DGB's statement.
Titu says 'engaging scum can be useful for reasons', and DGB responds with 'I don't engage with scum'. Like.. what do you have to lose?

ZZZX wanted a long, drag out fight over the question of if ZZZX's early (bad) vote of DGB was actually OMGUS or not. But that doesn't actually matter at all. What really matters is that ZZZX is still clinging on to that crappy early game vote and not engaging with the rest of the game.

If DGB falls for that, it gives ZZZX another way to stall and look like he's doing something without actually engaging in the game. That would have been the wrong move there.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3035 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:07 am

Post by Varsoon »

Zulfy replaces Wickedestjr.
The deadline for Lynch has been extended by three days.
Last edited by Varsoon on Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #3036 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:08 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 3034, Yosarian2 wrote:ZZZX wanted a long, drag out fight over the question of if ZZZX's early (bad) vote of DGB was actually OMGUS or not. But that doesn't actually matter at all. What really matters is that ZZZX is still clinging on to that crappy early game vote and not engaging with the rest of the game.

It's like you grab the thoughts right out of my head and turn them into words.

I called it "unnaturally consistent."
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #3037 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:14 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 3036, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 3034, Yosarian2 wrote:ZZZX wanted a long, drag out fight over the question of if ZZZX's early (bad) vote of DGB was actually OMGUS or not. But that doesn't actually matter at all. What really matters is that ZZZX is still clinging on to that crappy early game vote and not engaging with the rest of the game.

It's like you grab the thoughts right out of my head and turn them into words.

I called it "unnaturally consistent."

Yeah, it is that, but it's also even worse then that. If he just kept finding new reasons to suspect you, then it might be an honest town tunnel. In this case, though, he literally hadn't mentioned you for like a week, but he apparently doesn't have any other reads at all? And he just wants to fight more about the stuff he was fighting about in the early game.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

In unrelated news, Klingon is still scum.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3038 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:20 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

I'm sorry but Max is too scummy.

The way he opportunistically jumps on Klingon is blatantly scum driven.

VOTE: Max

Titus, listen to me. We are both town. I won't take cooldog in the party. Stop fear mongering, I'm concerned for you as a friend, seeing how much life force you are letting this game suck out of you. I lose energy as scum and gain energy as town. That's as basic as you can get with reading me. Does it look like I'm losing energy here?

Set aside your confbias. Why the hell would scum know they needed a strongman to kill you unless you claimed it? You are so entrenched in your day 1 opinion (I solved the game!) you are being ridiculous. It's funny, but also sad that you're playing so poorly. I expect much better from you. This makes me less excited to play games with you, knowing just how one-dimensional and proudly wrong your game can be. No lie.

Everyone else...time to vote for Max.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3039 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:32 am

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

Yosarian: I see what you're saying. I don't know if ZZZX's play came off as that calculated, though.
But, I guess I was wrong with my earlier judgement, there was a lot of stuff I wasn't considering when I said that, its not objectively bad.

Lowkey, you're 'coming around on me being scum'. Explain how this exchange made you say that.

Pedit: Hey, look guys, remember when I said ABR might not actually want Klingon lynched? Look! I told the future.
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3040 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:35 am

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

No, seriously, ABR, are you suddenly reading Klingon as town because I gave you an opportunity to? Will you go back to this wagon tomorrow after I flip or will you manage an excuse as to why Klingon stopped being scummy that doesn't involve how I feel about her?

That, and, I've been scumreading her at varying degrees since she started posting.. I'm looking forward to how you'll frame that as opportunistic.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #3041 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:38 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 3029, MaxwellPuckett wrote:Arguing about why a town player is wrong on a read is one thing, but you say you'll only talk to them if they're attacking you.. that.. doesn't seem like it's going to get you anywhere good if both of you end up being town.

WHAT

What does that even mean???

Like how do you know the player that is wrong is town to begin with, LOL.

Who said they'll only talk to them (plural now) if they are attacking you (who is "you?")

If you know the other player is town and you're arguing about it then you can't both be town!!!! It means you're scum, no?

Maybe I'll go smoke some crack, it might make this clearer.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3042 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:39 am

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

I was speaking hypothetically, about a situation where two players argue without knowing the others alignment (like, freaking obviously) and both end up being town. How could you even think otherwise?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3043 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:17 pm

He's scum DGB.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3044 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:38 pm

Post by Zulfy »

In post 3042, MaxwellPuckett wrote:I was speaking hypothetically, about a situation where two players argue without knowing the others alignment (like, freaking obviously) and both end up being town. How could you even think otherwise?

Hey Hi I believe this.
no investigation no right to speak
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3045 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:41 pm

Post by Zulfy »

Reading the thread backwards.
Hi Klingon, Hi Skybird. Nice to see you again.

Telling ya right now I'm not reading the whole thing, just the scraps I need to get into this party at night
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3046 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:42 pm

Post by Zulfy »

Throwing out my scumpinging for this game. It would be way too overwhelming.
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3047 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:45 pm

Post by Zulfy »

VOTE: DGB
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3048 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:46 pm

Zuffy choose a main wagon. Klingon / Max / Skybird
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3049 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:52 pm

Post by Skybird »

Hi Zulfy, good to see you too.

You are going to want to read some of ABR's ISO. It's long, but you will need to see how he's switching around like a politician trying to be elected and if you trust him or not.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”