NY 193 : Werewolf Mania (GAME OVER- TOWN WIN)

Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:28 am

Post by Zulfy »

Putting pressure on almost50 or ika is pretty useless in my opinion.

We need to put pressure on a player so as to see not only the reactions of the people around the wagon but the player being pressured as well.
Cuz we're going to get the former no matter what so we might as well go for the most info possible with the latter.

And with ika, who seems like he's gonna have a very hollow playstyle, or almost50, who seems to have a strange way of going about playing this thing, I don't think we're gonna get too much outta either when we pressure them.

Pedit: Robster I'm not really seeing why you have a problem with Keyser's post.
no investigation no right to speak
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:29 am

Post by Zulfy »

Then again I wouldn't want an Almost50 in lylo.
Oog
I hope you know what you're doing sir
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:32 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 117, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 113, Almost50 wrote:I find it quite interesting for you to playing a semi-open setup; yet still don't bother to check the possible/impossible roles. The mod DID provide a link to the Normal Game wiki page, you know.

I do not think your actions were pro-town. If you are town you are working against your WIN-CON. I'm going to factor in your inexperience here.

How many games has Almost50 played?
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:35 am

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 125, Zulfy wrote:Putting pressure on almost50 or ika is pretty useless in my opinion.

We need to put pressure on a player so as to see not only the reactions of the people around the wagon but the player being pressured as well.
Cuz we're going to get the former no matter what so we might as well go for the most info possible with the latter.

And with ika, who seems like he's gonna have a very hollow playstyle, or almost50, who seems to have a strange way of going about playing this thing, I don't think we're gonna get too much outta either when we pressure them.

Yeah no. I know how ika plays so this is wrong.

Why are you theory talking and soft defending two people already?
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:35 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 125, Zulfy wrote:Putting pressure on almost50 or ika is pretty useless in my opinion.

If you think pressuring Almost50 or ika will be less revealing than someone else, then who do you suggest we pressure?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:40 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 127, Xkfyu wrote:How many games has Almost50 played?

This is my 3rd game on MS. I've played maybe 7 or 8 games elsewhere though.
Golden Robster
Golden Robster
Mafia Scum
Golden Robster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:41 am

Post by Golden Robster »

Hm, is that why you want to pressure me? The post down below backs this up.

In post 44, Zulfy wrote:
In post 24, Golden Robster wrote:VOTE: I Am Innocent

indeed you are

Chance this is scum being cheeky
VOTE: Lobster

Intentionally getting my name wrong and trying to imply that I'm scum. Good pressure sir, I'm loving it.

I didn't say I had a problem with Keyser's post. When did I ever say that? Stop implying things.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:42 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 123, Golden Robster wrote:Anti-town on the surface. I think the chances of him being scum are slimmer than what I previously had in mind. Why would a third party scum do that? Could he be a PR role and lying about being VT in order to lead scum away from trying to kill him? Is he trying to identify scum that might latch onto him?

I took a step back because I could see newb-town Almost50 messing his VT roleclaim up like this. It would be a very bold move as a scum-gambit (from an inexperienced player) - as it brings immediate focus/attention to his slot. Experienced scum do not actively create WIFOM on their slot to this degree this early.

Ask Almost50 or click his profile.
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:42 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 130, Almost50 wrote:

This is my 3rd game on MS. I've played maybe 7 or 8 games elsewhere though.

I really wanted Keyser to answer that.
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:54 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 132, Keyser Söze wrote:In post 127, Xkfyu wrote:
How many games has Almost50 played?

Ask Almost50 or click his profile.

Well, I did click his profile, and saw the 3 MS games, but I asked you specifically.

He had already said that he plays on a different site, but he didn't specifically mention how many games he had played there, until responding to my question to you. So, since you couldn't know for sure that he was inexperienced, I'm wondering why, and how, you made that assumption. If, in fact, it actually was an assumption.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:55 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 129, Xkfyu wrote:If you think pressuring Almost50 or ika will be less revealing than someone else, then who do you suggest we pressure?

Someone active or not suicidal IMO :giggle:

The problem with town-Almost50's
'I'll be the backup lynch'
plan is that it would be harder to distinguish between the compliant town votes and the opportunistic scum votes if Almost50 is encouraging the votes on his own wagon (the reason for joining his wagon is already there, thus, town/scum can both jump on without criticism). We need a wagon driven by a case based on scum-indicative behaviour - then look at the reactions/votes/arguments for and against around it.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:59 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 134, Xkfyu wrote:So, since you couldn't know for sure that he was inexperienced, I'm wondering why, and how, you made that assumption. If, in fact, it actually was an assumption.

An assumption based on his mafiascum join date, his frequent use of WIFOM and his early VT roleclaim.

Please explain to me the thought-process behind these questions.
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:02 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 135, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 129, Xkfyu wrote:If you think pressuring Almost50 or ika will be less revealing than someone else, then who do you suggest we pressure?

Someone active or not suicidal IMO :giggle:

The problem with town-Almost50's
'I'll be the backup lynch'
plan is that it would be harder to distinguish between the compliant town votes and the opportunistic scum votes if Almost50 is encouraging the votes on his own wagon (the reason for joining his wagon is already there, thus, town/scum can both jump on without criticism). We need a wagon driven by a case based on scum-indicative behaviour - then look at the reactions/votes/arguments for and against around it.

Ok, so I can see your point about Almost50. However, is ika not active enough to meet your criteria? Furthermore, SilverWolf seems to know ika's play very well, and she obviously believes that pressuring ika could give us good insight. So, why do you believe otherwise?
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:14 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

"she obviously believes that pressuring ika could give us good insight"

Yes, pressure on all slots is productive. As I said, this game is built on interactions. I just found it amusing that SilverWolf placed her vote on a player who just signed off to work (it's pressure, not not real pressure).

I was interested in hearing her notes on ika's scum meta. I.e does scum-ika react a certain way to naked votes on his slot while he is at work :giggle:
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:21 am

Post by Zulfy »

Lobster that was RVS come on now
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:22 am

Post by Zulfy »

I put Robster but phone changes it to Lobster
Golden Robster
Golden Robster
Mafia Scum
Golden Robster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:23 am

Post by Golden Robster »

In post 140, Zulfy wrote:I put Robster but phone changes it to Lobster

Fair enough man, I forgive you. I was hurt when you spelt my name wrong. *cry*
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:24 am

Post by Zulfy »

@Xk, anyone else really Idk I am still looking
Ricastle
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:56 am

Post by Ricastle »

Happy with my vote where it is.

The idea that ika requires pressure to be sorted is nonsensical. His alignment becomes glaringly obvious as the game goes on regardless.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:34 am

Post by SilverWolf »

Responses to me voting for ika
Spoiler:
In post 122, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 120, SilverWolf wrote:Back to this.

VOTE: ika

In post 103, ika wrote:ok im off to work.

ika's not at home...
:giggle:

In post 125, Zulfy wrote:
Putting pressure on almost50 or ika is pretty useless in my opinion.

In post 138, Keyser Söze wrote:
"she obviously believes that pressuring ika could give us good insight"

Yes, pressure on all slots is productive. As I said, this game is built on interactions. I just found it amusing that SilverWolf placed her vote on a player who just signed off to work (it's pressure, not not real pressure).

I was interested in hearing her notes on ika's scum meta. I.e does scum-ika react a certain way to naked votes on his slot while he is at work
:giggle:

In post 143, Ricastle wrote:Happy with my vote where it is.

The idea that ika requires pressure to be sorted is nonsensical. His alignment becomes glaringly obvious as the game goes on regardless.

I love all these responses to me voting for ika. I've also already explained why I'm doing it and what I think of his meta. There's def scum in here defending him if he's town and if he's scum, likely a scumbuddy in here.

ika-reads?

Keyser-reads?
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Goon
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:07 am

Post by BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie »

First, I think we're out of rvs so, UNVOTE:

Next, almost50. Read his meta before digging too deep into this. I'm not going to attempt to read him day 1 after defending him last game only to find out he was scum, but this sort of play seems normal for him.

In post 101, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 76, Almost50 wrote:P.S. In case you cannot tell, I'm tunneling you until you prove to be town.

When a thief is going to break into a bank and steal money, he does so by NOT sounding the alarm first and informing the security guard he is about to break into the bank.

Explain?
post 78 - Almost50's post is rich in WIFOM, but his willingness to keep his slot under focus is interesting and demonstrates
confidence

In post 114, SilverWolf wrote:Yeah, I hate all your posts.

Sounds right.

In post 121, Keyser Söze wrote:@Almost50 - if you are a VT, never roleclaim early. You narrow the PR pool for scum. VT's should make themselves a target for a night kill not a lynch. That is why your behaviour has been anti-town.

For some reason I never thought about that. I'm feeling like an idiot now, even after suiciding in town of salem every game I get as medium.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:09 am

Post by Almost50 »

@SilverWolf: You quoted 4 responses, stated some of them might be scum, then asked 2 of them for their reads. Is it safe to assume you trust these two more, and thus you are more suspicious of the two you didn't ask for their reads? Or do you think ika/Keyser reads will clear your vision on all 4 of them?

Put another way; my question is: Do you trust ika & Keyser more than Zulfy & Ricastle or are all 4 of them still suspects of the same level in your view?
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:16 am

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 146, Almost50 wrote:@SilverWolf: You quoted 4 responses, stated some of them might be scum, then asked 2 of them for their reads. Is it safe to assume you trust these two more, and thus you are more suspicious of the two you didn't ask for their reads? Or do you think ika/Keyser reads will clear your vision on all 4 of them?

Put another way; my question is: Do you trust ika & Keyser more than Zulfy & Ricastle or are all 4 of them still suspects of the same level in your view?

I have played with Keyser and ika before so I am more interested in sorting them first by getting their reads. I trust myself to be able to read them better. I do not trust Zulfy and Ricastle at all right now based on their reaction to my vote on ika and their general posting overall so based on how ika and Keyser respond, I can read the other two in regards to this interaction better.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:17 am

Post by ika »

Ok I'm on break so I kinda read but silver is now town to me.

I have to read proper to get reads but zilch and that 50 guys are small scum reads.

If Nero continues to do nothing as he's doing right now he's scum too
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:17 am

Post by ika »

SILVER IM HERE LETS TALK I GOT AN HR

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”