RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4050 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:04 am

Post by RolePlay25 »

Actually, before we end the day - muffin, do you have any powers that target someone?
3dicerolling
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4051 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:05 am

Post by 3dicerolling »

In post 4050, RolePlay25 wrote:Actually, before we end the day - muffin, do you have any powers that target someone?

Don't they have that fruit vendor role?
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4052 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:09 am

Post by RolePlay25 »

Oh right.

At night. Anything that targets at night?
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #4053 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:17 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Umm. Level of town power makes me think I wouldn't be completely surprised if there were actually 5 scum. Just...yeah. 3dice pgo could have wrecked us (btw umm, why the hell didn't you claim that?), and we have lots of ways to mess with each other it seems, but still. ...
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4054 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:19 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 4053, Cerberus v666 wrote:Level of town power

everyone please stop having good roles i'm feeling jealous
Learned Hand
Learned Hand
Goon
Learned Hand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4055 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:20 am

Post by Learned Hand »

Can we not end the day so soon? I want to sync up with Drixx and have the three of us do read walls.

Also, my gif vanished so for the record I don't trust 3dice's claim but I do trust that Mass Flop is scum as 3dice would be scumclaiming if Mass Flop was town.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #4056 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:22 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Hmm. Touche. We do have a voteless and a vt and an amnesiac miller who gets power if he gets saved by a doctor, which seems to have only existed as something fb could do, unless the dr just decided to not save jeanne last night and scumread shiro so they didn't give him powers.

Pedit: you know me Titus. I'm very happy with extending a day and talking more.
3dicerolling
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4057 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:36 am

Post by 3dicerolling »

In post 4053, Cerberus v666 wrote:Umm. Level of town power makes me think I wouldn't be completely surprised if there were actually 5 scum. Just...yeah. 3dice pgo could have wrecked us (btw umm, why the hell didn't you claim that?), and we have lots of ways to mess with each other it seems, but still. ...

If you want the honest truth, I didn't realize the correct play was to claim right away until near the end of day 1 and I thought if I claimed later, I might get lynched because of it looking like a fake claim.

I also had a little scheme to claim ascetic cop, so scum would target me and die, but I figured it would be for the best to be honest here.
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4058 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:39 am

Post by RolePlay25 »

In post 4053, Cerberus v666 wrote:Umm. Level of town power makes me think I wouldn't be completely surprised if there were actually 5 scum. Just...yeah. 3dice pgo could have wrecked us (btw umm, why the hell didn't you claim that?), and we have lots of ways to mess with each other it seems, but still. ...

11:5:1? I mean really? With EAP potentially joining the scumteam to make it 11:6? We'd get like 2 mislynches in a 17 player game.

The only way that's possible is if Dave is a goon who can't submit a night kill and can't vote. Because that'd be the only way to balance this, and I think if he were then scum would have bussed him super hard because that role is worthless for scum too.
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4059 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:44 am

Post by Shiro »

Elbrin do I have to draw sheep or you can do whatever ? Maybe you can get creative like say that instead of doing whatever I grabbed you and we went interdimensional adventures or something : D
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4060 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:46 am

Post by RolePlay25 »

3Dice, question

In post 2813, 3dicerolling wrote:
In post 2812, DiamondSentinel wrote:
In post 2810, RolePlay25 wrote:
In post 2808, Cerberus v666 wrote:If he is what he said he is, he's much more likely town than scum. If multiball, the odds are astronomically higher than in single ball.

Scum have to get their team through Lylo. Giving a scum a modifier that makes then unable to vote cripples them in LYLO, and essentially requires that you plan to win the game through bussing that team member, and can't really let others get lynched or else the impact of having a voteless member increases greatly. The multiball comment is because multiball means smaller scum teams, so that voteless thing hurts them even more.

Anyways, davsto could be lying about his role,but seriously, it's very unlikely he'd play it this way. Like, omg so unlikely.

The scum version of the role is secret vote mover (their vote is actually on a player other than who their vote appears to be on, they true-vote by messaging the moderator).

I agree it's unlikely he'd play this way as scum, but maaan that role is beyond terrible for the town. Raising the lynch threshold by 1 without being able to apply that vote anywhere is beyond terrible. Which, um... kinda fits with the theme of this game.

I thought we had determined that there was more to this game than what you'd expect as miserable.

I mean, PGO Cop? That's by no means miserable. The only role besides Davsto's that's miserable is mine and the miller(s), and even mine is just because it sucks for my play style.

I mean, I could possibly see PGO Cop, but the way Itlepip claimed it seems rather convenient.

Itle literally just claimed your role. Doesn't that basically conf. scum him there?
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4061 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:46 am

Post by RolePlay25 »

I mean I get not counterclaiming, counterclaiming would be horrible obviously.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #4062 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:48 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 3901, Cerberus v666 wrote:Sure, there are better ways to do investigative. My point is that an investigative is better than this stupid obsession with desperado gunning everything, unless the person shooting is ALSO suspect.

Nothing I'm doing is helpful to scum, unless LH is scum. That is a point we disagree on. Don't say what I'm doing is something when the truth of that matter is unknown.

Shiro: please define the limits of your miller claim. Ask the mod these questions wirh refards to the specific flavir of millee you have: Will you always show up as guilty, regardless of investigation type? Are you just guilty to straight cop claims? Does every ability react as though you were scum? (Example, would this desperado em think you're scum and shoot you, or would it kill the one doing the ahooting?

[/b]
3dicerolling
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4063 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:48 am

Post by 3dicerolling »

In post 4060, RolePlay25 wrote:3Dice, question

In post 2813, 3dicerolling wrote:
In post 2812, DiamondSentinel wrote:
In post 2810, RolePlay25 wrote:
In post 2808, Cerberus v666 wrote:If he is what he said he is, he's much more likely town than scum. If multiball, the odds are astronomically higher than in single ball.

Scum have to get their team through Lylo. Giving a scum a modifier that makes then unable to vote cripples them in LYLO, and essentially requires that you plan to win the game through bussing that team member, and can't really let others get lynched or else the impact of having a voteless member increases greatly. The multiball comment is because multiball means smaller scum teams, so that voteless thing hurts them even more.

Anyways, davsto could be lying about his role,but seriously, it's very unlikely he'd play it this way. Like, omg so unlikely.

The scum version of the role is secret vote mover (their vote is actually on a player other than who their vote appears to be on, they true-vote by messaging the moderator).

I agree it's unlikely he'd play this way as scum, but maaan that role is beyond terrible for the town. Raising the lynch threshold by 1 without being able to apply that vote anywhere is beyond terrible. Which, um... kinda fits with the theme of this game.

I thought we had determined that there was more to this game than what you'd expect as miserable.

I mean, PGO Cop? That's by no means miserable. The only role besides Davsto's that's miserable is mine and the miller(s), and even mine is just because it sucks for my play style.

I mean, I could possibly see PGO Cop, but the way Itlepip claimed it seems rather convenient.

Itle literally just claimed your role. Doesn't that basically conf. scum him there?

What happens here if I start screaming about how scummy itlepip is for this? It would have looked rather suspicious if I acted like I knew he wasn't that role, so I had to push Itlepip from the perspective I didn't know there was another cop in the game, so the scum team wouldn't figure out I was the real cop.
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4064 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:50 am

Post by RolePlay25 »

Hey also it would have been awesome had LH had a desperado. Then they could desperado Mass Flop. See how cool that would have been?

Guns are good, Cerberus, guns are good.
Learned Hand
Learned Hand
Goon
Learned Hand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4065 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:18 am

Post by Learned Hand »

In post 4064, RolePlay25 wrote:Hey also it would have been awesome had LH had a desperado. Then they could desperado Mass Flop. See how cool that would have been?

Guns are good, Cerberus, guns are good.

I actually agree that this would have been more optimal than what Firebringer did ... but he jumped the gun (pun intended) on things every time. There was a way to confirm us as town without potentially killing town.

Now, RP, that you can't possibly be stuck in a confbias death tunnel, can we have a little space to try and evaluate the game and bring our particular talents to bear? Titus and I are both objectively very good in the late game. We don't want to end today without getting together and working through things. Even though it looks like we should have this win easily, now that we don't have to constantly defend ourselves from you, we want to do everything we can to ensure the town win.

I would have spoken up for the third party claim yesterday, because it was so obviously genuine it hurt, and it's awesome to see a 3rd party role that has positive utility. That may be the first third party role I've ever seen that shouldn't be a policy lynch for town. I hope to see more of that, because being able to come up with compelling and interesting 3rd party roles allows for a fresh take where 3rd party isn't automatically assumed to be bad for town. 3rd party roles that aren't one dimensional will mean a game with more depth. So bravo to Dram for coming up with it, and I just wish I'd had the guts to stand up and try and stop it yesterday.

Anyway ... what's done is done. Please don't end the day until Titus and I get together and do our thing. We should be able to produce a salient and accurate evaluation, especially with such a large town block to PoE with. It's the least we can do since we were a smokescreen for scum to hide behind for a long time.

Also ... is your clear on RP infallible Cerberus? Since we know by role of at least one each (aka multiple total) of godfather(s) and miller(s), the tradition cop clear that returns evil/innocent or whatever doesn't actually clear him. Would godfather interfere with your clear method? Can you explain in detail?

@RP - Just don't. I'm not going to make any assumptions that could cost town the game. If you're legit town and not a godfather, then you shouldn't be bothered by me being cautious and making sure I have all the info. I learned the hard way that one wrong assumption (and a super reasonable one at that) can turn a nearly guaranteed town win into a scum win. I won't ever make that mistake again.

~Drixx
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4066 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:30 am

Post by Shiro »

@cerb oh I think I missed that, kk let me go ask
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #4067 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:38 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Drixx: RP clear is infallible. It will not be fooled by a godfather.

I would give more details, but I don't think there's any benefit to explaining the mechanics. Either you believe me and my results, or you don't.
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4068 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:48 am

Post by RolePlay25 »

It would be nice to see you place some genuine thought into the game. It would be a nice change of pace. Not exactly expecting anything, since based on previous track record, well... Yeah. That speaks for itself. Do try to surprise me.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4069 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:06 pm

Post by dramonic »

Votecount 24: New Limits

Mass Flop (4): 3dicerolling, Learned Hand, Shiro, Roleplay25

Not voting: The rest

It's 6 to lynch!
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4070 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:12 pm

Post by Davsto »

Yeh my gun still doesnt work

Shame
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4071 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:33 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 4047, RolePlay25 wrote:Actually yeah, you and Cerb should split this.

You muffin, Cerb diamond, Elbirn blocks Shiro? That way whatever happens we have boats of town tomorrow.

Confirmed that I will roleblock shiro tonight

In post 4059, Shiro wrote:Elbrin do I have to draw sheep or you can do whatever ? Maybe you can get creative like say that instead of doing whatever I grabbed you and we went interdimensional adventures or something : D

Unfortunately I have no control over what I make you draw; the little prince in the book asks the pilot in the desert to draw him a sheep repeatedly, that's just how it is mane.

But maybe if Dram is listening and he is a benevolent God, you can draw me an intergalactic space sheep of some kind?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4072 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:34 pm

Post by Elbirn »

Also I'm all for twiddling our thumbs for another 2 or 3 days and figuring out who the last scum is via day play like a buncha bosses

Also town far too OP this game
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4073 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:17 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 4008, Learned Hand wrote:
In post 4007, RolePlay25 wrote:
In post 4002, Mass Flop wrote:because I got your identity wrong and you have been playing to my town read on their meta >_>

Mass flop.

Seriously, we can fill the entire pages with friendly conversation, but we're not the ones who need to be talking. I think I shall
retreat to the QT
until I feel like poking out.

waaaat?

He was neighborized.
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4074 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:22 pm

Post by RolePlay25 »

In post 4072, Elbirn wrote:Also I'm all for twiddling our thumbs for another 2 or 3 days and figuring out who the last scum is via day play like a buncha bosses

Also town far too OP this game

I've kicked around the idea of there being 5 scum and the fifth being a non-killing goon who can't vote, but Dave seems town and overall I can't think why the scum team wouldn't have hard bussed him. Unless that's what Mass Flop was doing day 1 and they were so fucking bad at this they couldn't even get the right scumbuddy lynched.

I think tomorrow we have a lot more information to go off of.

Although - Cerberus, if anyone gets shot in this town, it's really really likely to be you. For tomorrow, what's the indication that your power has functioned on another player? Will they be in a topic with another townie, similar to mine?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”