Secret Hitler (Voting)

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:47 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 322, MrTrow wrote:Let me return with the second most ignored question in this game thusfar: any 'Ja' voters who would like to provide a motivation?

weren't you the one who defended a nein vote with the astounding defense of "they enacted a facist policy therefore i am right"

or is someone else not the brightest bulb in the room
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:50 am

Post by Cephrir »

asking someone to defend a ja vote is pretty silly i mean they are literally the default option

"cephrir, care to defend the fact that you are still breathing?" no im good

obviously the reason is that i didn't see any particular reason not to
Bartleby the Scrivener
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:00 am

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 325, Cephrir wrote:
In post 322, MrTrow wrote:Let me return with the second most ignored question in this game thusfar: any 'Ja' voters who would like to provide a motivation?

weren't you the one who defended a nein vote with the astounding defense of "they enacted a facist policy therefore i am right"

that was aronis.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:04 am

Post by shos »

this is what you mean?
In post 302, MrTrow wrote:Which one would you like me to repeat?
Shall we go top-down: starting with: 'if you actually believe that nothing before P4 is relevant, why did you tell everyone to start talking on P2': you know: the accusation, YOU ARE CURRENTLY RESPONDING TO
or bottom up: starting with: 'why did you actively avoid answering 'why did you suggest we install the chancellor who just enacted a fascist policy as president on the word of the president who just enacted a fascist policy?' multiple times already'

1. because the game wasn't active enough?

2. jesus fuck, ask shorter questions or use punctuations.

I did not avoid anything so i'll try to answer - I suggested...we install...the chancellor...who just enacted a fascist...so you mean jelly - so why I offerred Jelly as president basing my words on Drench's word?

wtf, man. use parenthesis
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:12 am

Post by shos »

I honestly just don't understand Trow's line of thoughts

I suggest making shorter sentences, for idiots like me, who can't follow your train

maybe then it'll help.
In post 324, Cephrir wrote:
In post 318, shos wrote:I can go with Blackberry.

He's way too vocal and seemingly useless to be scum?

let me introduce you to blackberry.

what I mean is BB repeatedly directed attention at himself with "investigate me" and ll that shit. I doubt any Fascist would do that, and I can definitely see a liberal doing that

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:13 am

Post by shos »

In post 327, lilith2013 wrote:
In post 325, Cephrir wrote:

that was aronis.

Trow did attack people on voting Ja for Drench/Jelly because of the Fascist enaction; so now he should be attacking himself for voting Nein on a Liberal?

MrTrow
MrTrow
Goon
MrTrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:14 am

Post by MrTrow »

In post 325, Cephrir wrote:weren't you the one who defended a nein vote with the astounding defense of "they enacted a facist policy therefore i am right"

If you can find a point where i actually used that to defend my vote, feel free to show it.
If you mean, was i the one who considered it 'at best useless' my statement i was GOING to vote 'nein' and presented my reasons why, was completely ignored. To later having to justify i DIDN'T lie when i made that statement.
Then yes, that was me.

If you mean, was i the one who asked: given how there was not only a 'this chancellor is scum-case' in thread, but also a noteworthy lack of a 'this president is town-case' AND this government enacted a fascist policy. Why are you only asking the 'nein'-voters to defend their actions?
Yes, that too, was me.

As for what that says about who 'the brightest bulb' in the room is............
I could go on about that, but that would result in more text than you are willing to handle.

Your insistence that those who are perfectly fine with giving up their task of trying to stop the fascists, should NOT be questioned, has been noted.(again)
By the way, your mum says hello.
MrTrow
MrTrow
Goon
MrTrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:17 am

Post by MrTrow »

In post 330, shos wrote:Trow did attack people on voting Ja for Drench/Jelly because of the Fascist enaction; so now he should be attacking himself for voting Nein on a Liberal?

My apoligies, i should have known lilith would draw 2 fascist cards (and blindly believe her claims, and those of Drench).

Now would you FINALLY answer the questions YOU ASKED ME TO FIND FOR YOU?
Didn't think so
MrTrow
MrTrow
Goon
MrTrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:21 am

Post by MrTrow »

That should be 2 liberal cards, oops
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:23 am

Post by shos »

what fucking question???

shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:23 am

Post by shos »

In post 328, shos wrote:this is what you mean?
In post 302, MrTrow wrote:Which one would you like me to repeat?
Shall we go top-down: starting with: 'if you actually believe that nothing before P4 is relevant, why did you tell everyone to start talking on P2': you know: the accusation, YOU ARE CURRENTLY RESPONDING TO
or bottom up: starting with: 'why did you actively avoid answering 'why did you suggest we install the chancellor who just enacted a fascist policy as president on the word of the president who just enacted a fascist policy?' multiple times already'

1. because the game wasn't active enough?

2. jesus fuck, ask shorter questions or use punctuations.

I did not avoid anything so i'll try to answer - I suggested...we install...the chancellor...who just enacted a fascist...so you mean jelly - so why I offerred Jelly as president basing my words on Drench's word?

wtf, man. use parenthesis

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:28 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 329, shos wrote:I honestly just don't understand Trow's line of thoughts

I suggest making shorter sentences, for idiots like me, who can't follow your train

maybe then it'll help.
In post 324, Cephrir wrote:
In post 318, shos wrote:I can go with Blackberry.

He's way too vocal and seemingly useless to be scum?

let me introduce you to blackberry.

what I mean is BB repeatedly directed attention at himself with "investigate me" and ll that shit. I doubt any Fascist would do that, and I can definitely see a liberal doing that

i would be surprised if blackberry didn't do something off the wall like this as any alignment
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:29 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 331, MrTrow wrote:Your insistence that those who are perfectly fine with giving up their task of trying to stop the fascists, should NOT be questioned, has been noted.(again)

yes that happened i did that
Bartleby the Scrivener
MrTrow
MrTrow
Goon
MrTrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:30 am

Post by MrTrow »

Ok there was a missing post in there:
Let me spell it out (like it was spelled out before)
Question 1:
You defined the starting-point of the game to be P4,
Why did you want the game to be more active on P2.
according YOUR DEFINITION, pre-game. (fundamentally uesless)

Question 2:
This is what happened.
1. president Drench and chancellor Jelly enact a fascist policy
2. president Drench investigates Lilith (but is currently unavailable for comment)
3. shos states: If Drench gets a 'fascist' on Lilith, we should make Jelly, president (and as a consequence give up all rights to oppose his choice for chancellor)
4. Drench is available for comment (effectively shooting down 3)
5. I ask 'why 3'
6. shos states 'lol not gonna answer'(again)
7. i ask 'why 6'

So Now that i have broken things down in sentences so short, it should be really freakin obvious, you're lying when you claim you can't follow:
WHY 6?
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
Goon
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:45 am

Post by ForWhomTheJellyRolls »

In post 322, MrTrow wrote:
shos wrote:May I ask why nobody spoke during Legislative seession?

What should i have said?
Reiterate how i consider it practically a given, you will not actually answer the questions, you asked me to clear up?
I think that one is once again answered. (and probably will once again be ignored)

This is entirely irrelevant considering Shos couldn't talk during the legislative session.

I would support Blackberry as chancellor. I'm iffy on supporting Trow and I don't know what JDGA can do to make me interested in supporting her as chancellor but it has to be a lot.
"A hidden truth supports everything. Find it, and win." - Ramayana
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted."

Do you have the need for Mafia de Cuba?
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:49 am

Post by shos »

In post 338, MrTrow wrote:Ok there was a missing post in there:
Let me spell it out (like it was spelled out before)
Question 1:
You defined the starting-point of the game to be P4,
Why did you want the game to be more active on P2.
according YOUR DEFINITION, pre-game. (fundamentally uesless)

Question 2:
This is what happened.
1. president Drench and chancellor Jelly enact a fascist policy
2. president Drench investigates Lilith (but is currently unavailable for comment)
3. shos states: If Drench gets a 'fascist' on Lilith, we should make Jelly, president (and as a consequence give up all rights to oppose his choice for chancellor)
4. Drench is available for comment (effectively shooting down 3)
5. I ask 'why 3'
6. shos states 'lol not gonna answer'(again)
7. i ask 'why 6'

So Now that i have broken things down in sentences so short, it should be really freakin obvious, you're lying when you claim you can't follow:
WHY 6?

1. as I wrote - because the game wasn't active enough. "come on people, start talking" really means nothing at gamestart. I don't understand why after 300 posts you still cling to that.

2.1. yes
2.2. umm ok
2.3. ???? what? you don't get to pick the president. quote? maybe you misunderstood?
2.4. ok
2.5. so this is your question, finally

I'll ISO myself to see what you're talking about

shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:52 am

Post by shos »

so I ISOed myself and I have no idea what you're talking about.

shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:00 am

Post by shos »

No I honestly have no idea what your'e talking about. Please quote.

MrTrow
MrTrow
Goon
MrTrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:30 am

Post by MrTrow »

@Jelly: EXACTLY.
The most useful thing i could have said at that moment, would be completely useless
as the one it is about is unable to answer.
That is why i did not speak during the legislative session.

Not surprised to see the implied 'anything we should have been discussing shos, or are you just mudslinging', conveniently being dodged.

@Shos:
I don't understand why after 300 posts you still cling to that.

1. because you asked me to restate outstanding questions
2. because it is clear indication, your 'intention to get discussion started', is bullshit.
pick one. (or both, they are both true)

Even taking your 'i don't understand 3' at face value.
Why did you say 'lol not gonna answer' (Point 6) instead of, could you clarify your question?

But to AGAIN do the work for you.

In post 220, shos wrote:should that answer be no, we automatically skip lilith, and then also skip Klick

In post 236, MrTrow wrote:As for the brilliant plan to 'should the president who just enacted a fascist policy, state something we are still waiting for him to come forward with, we should immediately jump forward to installing the chancellor who just enacted a fascist policy as president' (yes installing 3rd skip is not a reasonable option)

In post 122, ChaosOmega wrote:
the President Drench and the Chancellor ForWhomTheJellyRolls.

In post 131, ChaosOmega wrote:The government has enacted a
Fascist Policy

In post 0, ChaosOmega wrote:
Playerlist

4) lilith2013
5) Klick
6) ForWhomTheJellyRolls

Election Tracker:
The Election Tracker begins at 0. Every time a government is rejected, it increases by 1. If the Election Tracker reaches 3, a frustrated populace takes matters into its own hands. Reveal the policy on top of the Policy Deck and enact it. Any power granted by this policy is ignored, but all players become eligible to hold the office of Chancellor for the next Election.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:54 pm

Post by shos »

@trow:
1. re: getting discussion started. I don't think you understand. you are literally pushing a page 2 post that says 'people, start talking' as something serious. it isn't. it really isn't. when I say "start talking" I mean start talking, as in, get the game moving. I don't understand what you don't understand, I don't understand what you find scummy, I really just don't get what the fuck you want.

2. I literally ISOed myself and looked post by post and found nothing; I ctrl+F-ed " no " "lol" "no " " no" and couldn't get it. I asked you like a billion times - PLEASE QUOTE.
and I think I understand now what you're trying to say. Basically you tell me 'why trust drench'? Well, if you don't, then you have nothing to work with, and if you do, then you do. Drench's chance of getting all-fascist draws will be clearer later on. so if you want to suspect him, do that all you want, but for then, assume better.
Also, when I said I wanted to skip klick too that was because I was partially scum reading bothhim and lilith, as you can probably see my ISO. I didn't think who the next president is going to be. that's probably why I didn't have any idea what you're talking about when you talked about Jelly.

JDGA
JDGA
Goon
JDGA
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:05 pm

Post by JDGA »

In post 317, Drench wrote:@jdga/trow iterate your feelings on your nein vote

shos continues to be
really
terrible, and I don't see anything here at
all
to convince me of his towniness other than Cephrir (who is
also
being really terrible) telling me it's his meta. Yeah no. BS. Thankfully lilith got a lucky draw and we got away with it.

Speaking of Ceph being really terrible:
In post 326, Cephrir wrote:asking someone to defend a ja vote is pretty silly i mean they are literally the default option

"cephrir, care to defend the fact that you are still breathing?" no im good

obviously the reason is that i didn't see any particular reason not to

NO. Ja is only the default option to give people an incentive to actually vote. Ja advances the game to an end state
significantly
faster than nein, and that's a really good way for the fascists to pick up policies. You should
only
be voting ja if you think the team currently on the table is more likely to be town than either of the future teams we'll get.

So yeah am I the only person here who doesn't think Trow's being terrible? Walls of text aren't an issue. Learn to read and he seems to basically be saying the same thing as me, but in more words? I'm tempted to call a third scum as Jelly, because of his sidelong comments that seem to be supporting Ceph/shos' muscling around of the status quo. (Speaking of which, I love how you guys call Trow scum for "making walls of text" and "using too many words", and then I look down in my topic review below the reply box and literally 60% of the posts are either Ceph or shos? Like, I don't think writing a lot is scummy in and of itself, but the blatant hypocrisy here
is
telling.)
Fickle, cold and harsh or caring and warm
Strongly opinionated or barely invested, but a constant
You know the wind will always come back.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:49 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I think that Trow is probably town I just really don't care enough to pay attention to what he's trying to say and he's unbelievably bad at being concise.

The only thing you don't like about me is that I keep calling you a fascist.

That's not hypocritical. You can quickly read my posts and tell what the point of them is.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Aronis
Aronis
Just here for the Pagetop!
Aronis

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:21 pm

Post by Aronis »

Yay, my perfect voting record remains intact. Ill prob vote yes to anything klick suggests ftr
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
Goon
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:24 pm

Post by ForWhomTheJellyRolls »

In post 343, MrTrow wrote:
Not surprised to see the implied 'anything we should have been discussing shos, or are you just mudslinging', conveniently being dodged.

Is this still addressing me? I'm not sure what this means. I will take a look and see if I can find what this is referring to. And I cannot. Please explain if you want a response to it.

@ JDGA it's not the walls I have a problem with concerning Trow. He's hung up on the littlest things on shos, things I disagree with. He's hard to understand. I'm not 100% sure what it is but my gut is screaming that something is off. On the other hand, his actions of "scumhunting" is pro-town even if I disagree with some of his ideas. I don't know what to think of him but it has nothing to do with how long his posts are.
"A hidden truth supports everything. Find it, and win." - Ramayana
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted."

Do you have the need for Mafia de Cuba?
MrTrow
MrTrow
Goon
MrTrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:32 pm

Post by MrTrow »

Jelly wrote:Is this still addressing me?

Nope, not specifically, just asking:
@Shos:
In post 309, shos wrote:May I ask why nobody spoke during Legislative seession?
What SHOULD we have spoken about?
any followup to this? at all?

Jelly wrote:things I disagree with

What exactly?
And why aren't you asking questions about them?

The detail i had counter-arguments for everything you managed to bring up, to explain your shos-town read (that i had to drag out of you), doesn't mean the conversation should end there.
Unless of-course, you don't want in-thread clarity about his allignment. (But there is only one good reason, you could possibly want that)

Can anyone take a look at shos' latest and find a single townie thing in there?

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”