droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:40 am

Post by droog »

In post 593, Newbie wrote:but now that I'm voting you, you're hopping on the wagon because of someone else's case?

egg made a case i liked enough to sheep
your vote has nothing to do with ti

except taht now i ive seen your case on me
(a false one)

that overrides my weak townread before
"...probably the worst player I have had the pleasure of playing with in the last ten years..."
"i dislike this guy immensely"
"the worst townie that ever I have ever had the misfortune to play with, by a long shot"
RadiantalyFarrar3
RadiantalyFarrar3
Goon
RadiantalyFarrar3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:38 pm

Post by RadiantalyFarrar3 »

In post 595, Something Pip wrote:This whole thread feels ignored.
I'm totally fine with lynching Newbie or Mathilda. Consider me on whichever wagon takes off.
-the smart head

Guys this is gross
Hydra of RadiantCowbells, JohnnyFarrar, and Taly.
Karnage
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:46 pm

Post by Karnage »

In post 601, RadiantalyFarrar3 wrote:
I'm totally fine with lynching Newbie or Mathilda. Consider me on whichever wagon takes off.
-the smart head

Guys this is gross

can't be that gross
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:58 pm

Post by droog »

-the smart head

Guys this is gross

what kind of gross

vote-moving gross
or "look at my obversations fellow townies"
gross
"...probably the worst player I have had the pleasure of playing with in the last ten years..."
"the worst townie that ever I have ever had the misfortune to play with, by a long shot"
RadiantalyFarrar3
RadiantalyFarrar3
Goon
RadiantalyFarrar3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:39 pm

Man jesus guys.

I won't be around forever and I can't carry you from the grave.

Vote Egg.

RC guarantee he's scum; autolynch me if I'm wrong.

Please. Scum are running this game. Follow me and lynch scum.

Newbie's town. Mathilda is town. Just like I said Lowell was town. Scum are pushing weak players and getting away with it.

Sheep me. Vote Egg.

-RadiantCowbells.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:43 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

If you don't want to do egg for whatever reason there's other people we can hit up.
Newbie, Mathilda, everyone else who is town. Please. Work with me.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantalyFarrar3
RadiantalyFarrar3
Goon
RadiantalyFarrar3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:06 pm

In post 603, droog wrote:
-the smart head

Guys this is gross

what kind of gross

vote-moving gross
gross

closer to the latter I guess? More like "we definitely killed someone in this game for this horseshit way of thinking and I'd hope someone who was so terrible about playing would replace out instead of treating the game like this" gross
Mathilda
Mathilda
Goon
Mathilda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:30 pm

Post by Mathilda »

In post 605, RadiantCowbells wrote:If you don't want to do egg for whatever reason there's other people we can hit up.
Newbie, Mathilda, everyone else who is town. Please. Work with me.

Agreed. People are just repeating the same arguments and ignoring any responses as if they were never made. Trow and Droog are guilty of this. I am sick of repeating myself. I like the idea of town coordinating their actions. Will post properly when I get to work.
Mathilda
Mathilda
Goon
Mathilda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:13 pm

Post by Mathilda »

In post 571, shaddowez wrote:
Mathilda
- What did you think of Newbie's jump to defend conc? Also, interested to see what you think if you look at Newbie and droog's ISOs, since you have droog as a scum read.

I'll look into this after responding to the other posts.
Mathilda
Mathilda
Goon
Mathilda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:38 pm

Post by Mathilda »

In post 578, Egg wrote:And Droog is probably my top town read, actually.

See I just don't understand this. Even if Droog is town, he's the kind of player who acts extremely scummy all the time. These players can be really difficult to play with. If they are town, they distract the town vote and cause a mislynch until people eventually realise just to ignore the player. So when they're scum they get away with it.

I've played with a few people like this before and it was interesting to see how subtly their play changed when they were actually scum. Most people try playing like town when they're scum. Players like Droog play like scum all the time to hide when they're scum (whether intentional or not). The subtle tell that I have noticed is that these omni-scum players will actually try harder to push for a lynch and to misrepresent what was said. They often actively try to scum up other slots and cast shade. I haven't played with Droog before so I can't say for sure, but it does look like he is trying to do this.

For example him pushing this completely trivial point about me asking a question about a minor point early in the game, being given an answer and then not wanting to lynch regardless of the answer I got. Writing that out, it doesn't even make sense. I explained twice that I was satisfied with the answer and did not feel the need to pursue it #248 #331

Then when asked by Newbie why he was persisting in pushing this he responds:

In post 598, droog wrote:
In post 593, Newbie wrote:How does it seem that she didn't care about the answer?

because she never acknowledged the answer

So Droog's scum read on me stems from asking for clarification from RF3 about what he meant by not signing his posts and receiving a response way back in #41. And when pushed it comes down to me not posting something to RF3 along the lines of:

'Dear Sir(s), I deem that to be a satisfactory answer. I can hereby confirm that I shall henceforth drop this line of enquiry and look elsewhere in order to hunt those dastardly nefarious members of the scum faction, yours sincerely, Mathilda'

It is for this reason that I am suspicious that Droog may actually be scum in this game as opposed to playing
scum as he does in every game. He's actively trying to make other people look suspicious.

Egg. Please explain why you think Droog is not only town, but probably your top town read.
Mathilda
Mathilda
Goon
Mathilda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:14 pm

Post by Mathilda »

All Droog's votes and unvotes are naked #229 #238 #293 #528
#592. This doesn't help town in the slightest and allows for him to hop around without generating any information or giving town a chance to question whether his reasons are correct.

He casts aspersions without backing up his statement #236 but when asked for justification gives an extremely weak excuse #255. Also
#226. This is similar to what I mentioned in my previous post regarding actively trying to make other slots look suspicious in contrast to anti-town play.

He lies about what people did in order to make them look scummy.

In post 254, droog wrote:
This is the first time
You've said you're satisfied with rc3''s response
Why would you ask a question
Not follow up on it
And then pretend the answer always satisfied you

I was the one who mentioned the fact that scum were likely to be on the Lowell lynch wagon, yet Droog doesn't let the idea drop. This looks like it is being overly defensive. He is acting incredulous at the idea of it for the most part #362 #364 #365 #379 #428
#429 #430 #434 #442 #449

I shall concentrate on laying out my case against Something Pip next.
Mathilda
Mathilda
Goon
Mathilda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:15 pm

Post by Mathilda »

So getting back to my previous point, I look forward to hearing from Egg why Droog is not only not scum, but probably one of your top town reads.
Mathilda
Mathilda
Goon
Mathilda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:01 am

Post by Mathilda »

Something Pip is more difficult because he is a hydra and therefore the style and play changes depending on which head is talking.

Earlier on, I first became suspicious #91 because Something Pip accused me of scumreading someone who I actually was town reading at the time #80. It could have been a simple mistake of not reading my post properly. It wasn't my best post but I find it useful to attract attention at the beginning of the day because it creates an opportunity for any potential scum to jump on it and I like to see who is out to make others look suspicious.

Lowell picks up on this as well:

In post 97, Something Pip wrote:
In post 85, Lowell wrote:UNVOTE: newbie
VOTE: something pip

80 is the longest post to say nothing. Also ironically, it does what it purports to *facepalm*. Yes, 75 is pretty dumb, but Mathilda is the easy target here, and your obsession is overwrought.
I get the vibe of scum happy to be able to jump in on a dumb comment and make hay with it. Way too much hay.

Oh I'm sorry if we haven't posted as much content as you.
I'll agree with pip and call this a chainsaw.

Lowell later flipped green so we know that it wasn't a chainsaw. At that stage in the game it could have been another town scumhunting or scum chainsawing. Something Pip decided that it was a chainsaw. This is an example of him concluding that someone is scummy rather than admitting to not having enough information to go on. If you consider this in terms of motivation, the former is scummy whereas the latter is town. Scum need to cast suspicion on other players. Town need to figure out what's going on.

Something Pip then starts referring to it as a chainsaw as if it is established fact without giving post references for other people to check the veracity of his claim #119. Is this a successful strategy for casting suspicion on someone? Evidentally yes. Lowell was later lynched.

Something Pip's response to Newbie is interesting #283. He responds to each line or so to create a wall of text and makes rather generic accusations about Newbie 'saying something to say nothing'. To me these look like genuine points from Newbie and Something Pip is interpreting them as definite scum tells. You could make the same accusations to anyone's post in the same way to make them look like scum and deny them a chance to properly defend themselves.

In Something Pip's defence though is this post.

In post 289, Something Pip wrote:
Burning_Earth wrote:I agree with the smart head's case on Newbie (most of it some of the points are reaching too far)

Reasonable assessment. I tend to unintentionally twist facts to support my arguments sometimes.
-the smart head

This makes it less clear whether Something Pip is deliberately playing scummy or is playing anti-town.

So we have another person who really likes Droog #302. OK I can see why someone would think that maybe he is town despite playing scummy as usual, but
really likes ??[/] Again, as with Egg ... no explanation as to why.

Shaddowez asks him to explain himself #303

Something Pip's answer gives no information #306 and Shadow pursues it #309. His response is "He had good points generally, and I agreed with all of his reads and why he was doing them" #311

So minimal explanation when pressed. Nothing we can check against ... or Something Pip town reads anyone who agrees with him #340. This would certainly match with all his scum reads being those who were not lynching Lowell. Again ... scum or anti-town?

Well I think the fact that he is a hydra gives us a clue. The chances of two people making the same type of anti-town posts suggests that it may be deliberate. Add to that my previous point about two hydras on the same faction meaning five heads in two slots working together for a common goal. The difference in behaviour is quite different between Something Pip and RF3.

I shall continue my ISO of him in a while.
Something Pip
Something Pip
Goon
Something Pip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:26 am

Post by Something Pip »

In post 609, Mathilda wrote:

See I just don't understand this. Even if Droog is town, he's the kind of player who acts extremely scummy all the time. These players can be really difficult to play with. If they are town, they distract the town vote and cause a mislynch until people eventually realise just to ignore the player. So when they're scum they get away with it.
Evidence?

I've played with a few people like this before and it was interesting to see how subtly their play changed when they were actually scum. Most people try playing like town when they're scum
No new information here
. Players like Droog play like scum
citation needed
all the time to hide when they're scum (whether intentional or not). The subtle tell that I have noticed is that these omni-scum players will actually try harder to push for a lynch and to misrepresent what was said. They often actively try to scum up other slots and cast shade. I haven't played with Droog before so I can't say for sure, but it does look like he is trying to do this.

For example him pushing this completely trivial point about me asking a question about a minor point early in the game, being given an answer and then not wanting to lynch regardless of the answer I got. Writing that out, it doesn't even make sense. I explained twice that I was satisfied with the answer and did not feel the need to pursue it #248
The point that you pushed RF3 for a second and then immediately jumped off without a good reason is still unexplained. This post is a weak way to get on the droog wagon, not the other way around
and this post is genuinely awful, maybe not alignment indicative but saying that posts that say "this post is good because I can't find any problems with it" shouldn't be questioned is going to be questioned.

In post 593, Newbie wrote:How does it seem that she didn't care about the answer?

So Droog's scum read on me stems from asking for clarification from RF3 about what he meant by not signing his posts and receiving a response way back in #41. And when pushed it comes down to me not posting something to RF3 along the lines of:

'Dear Sir(s), I deem that to be a satisfactory answer. I can hereby confirm that I shall henceforth drop this line of enquiry and look elsewhere in order to hunt those dastardly nefarious members of the scum faction, yours sincerely, Mathilda'
Funny, but when people ask you your response based on an answer and your answer is that you liked a post because you didn't dislike it, it is reasonable to continue to push in that direction. You have yet this game to really fall under serious pressure, but you view yourself as a easy mislynch target.

It is for this reason that I am suspicious that Droog may actually be scum in this game as opposed to playing
scum as he does in every game. He's actively trying to make other people look suspicious.
Also what scumhunting is, this is only bad when it is oppurtunistic, which I have yet to see a case for

Egg. Please explain why you think Droog is not only town, but probably your top town read.

In post 610, Mathilda wrote:All Droog's votes and unvotes are naked #229 #238 #293 #528
I'm glad that you found it, but if you notice Droog posts his explanations in the posts around the vote. His "scummy" style is that he has many posts as opposed to long walls, and his votes are always seperate posts. Saying that the votes are naked - say 293 isn't true when 292 and 291 are both droog posts that are a case against lowell. The problem with the case is that the main point seems to be more reverse bandwagon logic, and then all of these points are just confbias trying to justify the original phallicy. The problem is that the purpose of this post is really shady. You build what you seem to view as a fairly damning case on droog, but then you you never call him scum in the post. It seems to just be discrediting egg's read on droog, but you never call egg scum or droog scum or really put pressure on them. You seem to be much more interested in stopping any potential town bloc than finding and pressuring scum.

#592. This doesn't help town in the slightest and allows for him to hop around without generating any information or giving town a chance to question whether his reasons are correct.

He casts aspersions without backing up his statement #236 but when asked for justification gives an extremely weak excuse #255. Also
#226. This is similar to what I mentioned in my previous post regarding actively trying to make other slots look suspicious in contrast to anti-town play.

This is the first time
Not follow up on it

I was the one who mentioned the fact that scum were likely to be on the Lowell lynch wagon, yet Droog doesn't let the idea drop. This looks like it is being overly defensive. He is acting incredulous at the idea of it for the most part #362 #364 #365 #379 #428
#429 #430 #434 #442 #449

pedit: yeah that case sucks as well, probably will respond tuesday night.
-pip
Mathilda
Mathilda
Goon
Mathilda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:39 am

Post by Mathilda »

How the hell are you expecting me to respond to your points one by one pip if you insert yellow text into a big wall of text?

Or is that deliberate?
Something Pip
Something Pip
Goon
Something Pip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:44 am

Post by Something Pip »

Spoiler: :roll: things that didn't take 5 seconds

Evidence?

I've played with a few people like this before and it was interesting to see how subtly their play changed when they were actually scum. Most people try playing like town when they're scum
No new information here
citation needed
all the time to hide when they're scum (whether intentional or not). The subtle tell that I have noticed is that these omni-scum players will actually try harder to push for a lynch and to misrepresent what was said. They often actively try to scum up other slots and cast shade. I haven't played with Droog before so I can't say for sure, but it does look like he is trying to do this.

For example him pushing this completely trivial point about me asking a question about a minor point early in the game, being given an answer and then not wanting to lynch regardless of the answer I got. Writing that out, it doesn't even make sense. I explained twice that I was satisfied with the answer and did not feel the need to pursue it #248
The point that you pushed RF3 for a second and then immediately jumped off without a good reason is still unexplained. This post is a weak way to get on the droog wagon, not the other way around
and this post is genuinely awful, maybe not alignment indicative but saying that posts that say "this post is good because I can't find any problems with it" shouldn't be questioned is going to be questioned.

Funny, but when people ask you your response based on an answer and your answer is that you liked a post because you didn't dislike it, it is reasonable to continue to push in that direction. You have yet this game to really fall under serious pressure, but you view yourself as a easy mislynch target.

Also what scumhunting is, this is only bad when it is oppurtunistic, which I have yet to see a case for

In post 610, Mathilda wrote:All Droog's votes and unvotes are naked #229 #238 #293 #528

I'm glad that you found it, but if you notice Droog posts his explanations in the posts around the vote. His "scummy" style is that he has many posts as opposed to long walls, and his votes are always seperate posts. Saying that the votes are naked - say 293 isn't true when 292 and 291 are both droog posts that are a case against lowell. The problem with the case is that the main point seems to be more reverse bandwagon logic, and then all of these points are just confbias trying to justify the original phallicy. The problem is that the purpose of this post is really shady. You build what you seem to view as a fairly damning case on droog, but then you you never call him scum in the post. It seems to just be discrediting egg's read on droog, but you never call egg scum or droog scum or really put pressure on them. You seem to be much more interested in stopping any potential town bloc than finding and pressuring scum.

This is the first time
Not follow up on it

#429 #430 #434 #442 #449

-pip
Something Pip
Something Pip
Goon
Something Pip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:44 am

Post by Something Pip »

In post 615, Something Pip wrote:
Spoiler: :roll: things that didn't take 5 seconds

Evidence?

No new information here
citation needed

This is the first time
Not follow up on it

#429 #430 #434 #442 #449

-pip
Something Pip
Something Pip
Goon
Something Pip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:46 am

Post by Something Pip »

ffs, whatever you get the picture
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:46 am

Post by droog »

In post 606, RadiantalyFarrar3 wrote:
In post 603, droog wrote:
-the smart head

Guys this is gross

what kind of gross

vote-moving gross
gross

i was prepared to dig into you for this
but thi sis a fair point
do you have a spip case?
he's been one of my stronger townreads so far

closer to the latter I guess? More like "we definitely killed someone in this game for this horseshit way of thinking and I'd hope someone who was so terrible about playing would replace out instead of treating the game like this" gross
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:48 am

Post by droog »

In post 609, Mathilda wrote:Even if Droog is town, he's the kind of player who acts extremely scummy all the time.

i think we just have different styles
as i play i comment on everything i find interesting
i dont hold anything back
i change my opinions often
i dont pepr grad cases, i go from my gut

but i also dont write long cases
or come to consensus conclusions

eh whate
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:50 am

Post by droog »

In post 609, Mathilda wrote:For example him pushing this completely trivial point about me asking a question about a minor point early in the game, being given an answer and then not wanting to lynch regardless of the answer I got. Writing that out, it doesn't even make sense. I explained twice that I was satisfied with the answer and did not feel the need to pursue it #248 #331

youre lying
if you seriously think this is the crux of my read
on you this late in the game

maybe i wasnt clear enough
do you want me to elaborate

maybe my original point wasnt explaned well
do you want me to od oit again

but jumping out like that moment is
the sole point of my scumread
is misrepping
and deliciously ironic since hats your case on me
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:51 am

Post by droog »

only if you dont read the posts before and after
i think its pretty obvious in context why i vote where
if you disagree just ask :roll:
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:52 am

Post by droog »

In post 610, Mathilda wrote:He lies about what people did in order to make them look scummy.

This is the first time
Not follow up on it

I was the one who mentioned the fact that scum were like

:lol:

you didnt care about the answer
enough to acknowledge it

i say this is scummy
and you say you were satified all around

which somehow means that *im* the misrepper
Mathilda
Mathilda
Goon
Mathilda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:56 am

Post by Mathilda »

In post 613, Something Pip wrote:

Evidence?
What kind of evidence is available for me? It's an observation generalised over many games. It's called personal experience. If you disagree with it then say so and say why.

No new information here
Here we go again, taking parts out of context and making a generic accusation. It is relevant when comparing to the next sentence. This is evidence of you trying to pick holes for the sake of picking holes rather than because you disagree with what I am saying.
Players like Droog play like scum
citation needed
What the actual Copulation? Where on earth am I supposed to find a citation for such a statement. Another case of you demanding something that you know can't be obtained so that you can dismiss a point

That is your interpretation. I am laying out the facts with post references. I asked a question of RF3 for clarification. What isn't explained is why I should be expected to vote for someone regardless of what answer I get. What's the point of even asking questions in that case
Another example of you changing history and accusing people of doing things that they didn't.

I really can't believe I am having this conversation. I asked a question. It was answered. I did not see any reason to pursue it. What else can I say? The fact that you and Droog are trying to make this into something suspicious says far more about you two then it does about me

And you're doing what Droog is doing. Actively trying to make someone look suspicious. See my previous point. Scumhunting is NOT about trying to make people look suspicious. The clue is in the name. Scum hunting is about finding out who is scum. Applying pressure and casting shade are two different things. If you don't understand that then well ... what can I say?

And it took you a hell of a long time to move your vote from an RVS onto Lowell when basically you had built up a case against him and got people to agree on it. Want to really go there? And as for Droog's naked votes (now you're the one chainsawing) why should we accept that he posts explanations around his votes. Can we be sure that he always does? It's difficult enough to understand and relate back his Haiku posts as it is. His lucid moments are few and far between it seems.

This is the first time
Not follow up on it

#429 #430 #434 #442 #449

-pip

Annoying isn't it ...
Mathilda
Mathilda
Goon
Mathilda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:01 am

Post by Mathilda »

In post 622, droog wrote:
you didnt care about the answer
enough to acknowledge it

i say this is scummy

It's never been a problem for me before, or anyone else as far as I can tell.

Give me an example where someone asked something, received an answer and they did not pursue the matter or acknowledge it. And they turned out to be scum.

Return to “Completed Open Games”